• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Tomorrow is the weekly news update. I'd imagine more information regarding the April update will be given out then.

Deku Tree

Yeah, it can be a pain. I have my run down cold, but sometimes they are all taken. But then you get a run where all the boxes are unlooted and it's like Christmas... until you get only blue/green DT :) My run hits up about 15 boxes in only a few minutes so it's not so bad. If the drop rate on HE DT was higher, I'd be swimming in HE DT. I can go 15 to 20 loots without getting a single HE.

Yeah I'm not spending my video gaming time doing that. Just not my idea of fun. And I'm already OP so no point even if I wanted to do it. If they made that a requirement to be OP in the end game then I would quit playing. Such a horrible mechanic in a game like this.

They should just put a cool down timer if they want to stretch things out. Tell us that we can only craft 2-3 HE DZ BP per day.

spyder_ur

Yeah, it can be a pain. I have my run down cold, but sometimes they are all taken. But then you get a run where all the boxes are unlooted and it's like Christmas... until you get only blue/green DT :) My run hits up about 15 boxes in only a few minutes so it's not so bad. If the drop rate on HE DT was higher, I'd be swimming in HE DT. I can go 15 to 20 loots without getting a single HE.

Since getting my scavenging above 150 (my set is 180 or so) I haven't gone that long without seeing a yellow in a long time. I would say I get yellow at least 1/3 of the time, sometime duplicates. I have farmed enough in different gear to feel pretty strongly that scavenging helps your gold DT farming alot.

I farm in DZ06 - here is my path if anyone is interested. I've found these in DZ06 are more likely to be unclaimed. Hits 9 boxes (if none are taken) in 5 minutes or so. You have to be able to take a little fire, especially grabbing the one at the top in the area with the snipers.

The DT grind does kind of suck, but scavenging and the route above made it less painful for me.

They need to explain 150 Gear.

I'm sure they will as we get closer to the incursion. It doesn't really matter until then.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah I'm not spending my video gaming time doing that. Just not my idea of fun. And I'm already OP so no point even if I wanted to do it. If they made that a requirement to be OP in the end game then I would quit playing. Such a horrible mechanic in a game like this.

They should just put a cool down timer if they want to stretch things out. Tell us that we can only craft 2-3 HE DZ BP per day.

Agreed, there's no need to farm when all content can be completed, especially when they make it so annoying and time consuming. That said, I really wanted a new gun to use! I was farming to try to roll a good Aug. Everyone is using Vector/AK (me too), so I wanted something different to use.

Since getting my scavenging above 150 (my set is 180 or so) I haven't gone that long without seeing a yellow in a long time. I would say I get yellow at least 1/3 of the time, sometime duplicates. I have farmed enough in different gear to feel pretty strongly that scavenging helps your gold DT farming alot.

I farm in DZ06 - here is my path if anyone is interested. I've found these in DZ06 are more likely to be unclaimed. Hits 9 boxes (if none are taken) in 5 minutes or so. You have to be able to take a little fire, especially grabbing the one at the top in the area with the snipers.

My scavenging is around 150 iirc. If I got it 1/3 of the time, I'd have about 100 HE DT at this rate! I'll post my route late. You don't run into a single enemy if that's your concern, unless you take a 2 minute detour for the boss that spawns (which I do).

noomi

I love the division LFG

People making others give them their stats before joining. These assholes remind me of destiny....the point of people doing CM farming is to get better gear......plus eight men makes it easy as hell

LFG VoG, must have year 2 gjallarhorn and icebreaker

ChrisW

How come when I highlight my guns, my health says 50,000 then when I highlight my gloves or any cosmetics it changes to 38,000?

EDIT: also go my HE Vector, manage to stack a bunch of crit chance and crit DMG onto it so its at about 90,000 dps now. Need to start grinding for some HE mags and mods now, also has a lot of elite damage percentage too so tears through bosses

Cheers for this. I'll try it tonight.

spyder_ur

Agreed, there's no need to farm when all content can be completed, especially when they make it so annoying and time consuming. That said, I really wanted a new gun to use! I was farming to try to roll a good Aug. Everyone is using Vector/AK (me too), so I wanted something different to use.

My scavenging is around 150 iirc. If I got it 1/3 of the time, I'd have about 100 HE DT at this rate! I'll post my route late. You don't run into a single enemy if that's your concern, unless you take a 2 minute detour for the boss that spawns (which I do).

Boost that scavenging then! I got lucky withe the perfect HE scavenging pads - Item Find which adds 25%, 93% as a base stat, and a mod slot.

I'm guessing you're farming in the 03-04 area? I notice those tend to be taken far more than the ones in 06.

That Division LFG is really something. There are like 3 posts on the first page that are actually looking for legit, regular missions or DZ. The rest are all just cheese farms and double groups.

Has to be disappointing for Massive.

Finally hit 30 in the Dark Zone last night! Couldn't find anything to buy with my Dark Zone bucks.

Dark Zone newbie here (still only in the 1-14 bracket). Is it feasible to grab loot in higher level areas and then run back to DZ1 to extract to avoid getting ganked?

My partners and I do this all the time. We'll head out to DZ06 where the enemies are at level 32, get nice loot, and then trek back into DZ01 - 02. We tried extracting in DZ06, and while it was tough, we were able to do it with some coordination.

Tawpgun

Boost that scavenging then! I got lucky withe the perfect HE scavenging pads - Item Find which adds 25%, 93% as a base stat, and a mod slot.

I'm guessing you're farming in the 03-04 area? I notice those tend to be taken far more than the ones in 06.

That Division LFG is really something. There are like 3 posts on the first page that are actually looking for legit, regular missions or DZ. The rest are all just cheese farms and double groups.

Massive is delusional if they think players won't find the exploits to get gear the fastest no matter how boring the method is

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Crafted a Tactical AUG.

- Critical Hit Chance 23%
- Accuracy Increased to 45%
- Critical Hit Damage increased to 25%
- Skills Increase Hit Chance to 7.5%

Think I'll keep it.

lt519

It's a small subset of their player base. For the 100k people that are farming BK or Hornet there are another million players just playing the game for fun. It's why I hope they don't overreact to the hard core out gearing the game already by making the Incursion full of sponge bosses to soak up those 200k DPS builds people farmed for.

Granadier

Massive is delusional if they think players won't find the exploits to get gear the fastest no matter how boring the method is

Exactly. It happens in every single loot based game. Blizzard dealt with it in Diablo. Bungie dealt with it in Destiny. Massive will deal with it in The Division.

---

Wouldn't be surprised if weekly maintenance comes with some sort of collision fix to prevent the Mobile Cover glitching.

Tecnniqe

Banned
It's a small subset of their player base. For the 100k people that are farming BK or Hornet there are another million players just playing the game for fun. It's why I hope they don't overreact to the hard core out gearing the game already by making the Incursion full of sponge bosses to soak up those 200k DPS builds people farmed for.
You make it sound like this wasn't possible the first week without exploits >.>

Cob32

All they have to do, if they have the tools and know how, is roll back anyone who has exploited. When the next glitch surfaces (and there will be one) not as many people will try it.

Edit: that's if massive even consider this an exploit or a mistake on their behalf for leaving it in like the BK farm.

mosdl

All they have to do, if they have the tools and know how, is roll back anyone who has exploited. When the next glitch surfaces (and there will be one) not as many people will try it.

Never going to happen, way too much work for really no gain.

Granadier

A rollback will literally never happen.

spyder_ur

Yeah, obviously. Still, it could be disappointing to them.

I'm with you, although I actually don't think it's that small a percentage of the playerbase that is already at 30. Given that the end game is basically exclusively grinding for better loot to better grind for better loot, it lends itself even moreso to this type of farming and hurts the game more than something like Destiny's early exploits. Just my opinion though.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
That Hunting M44 is lovely. 630k crit shots.

meh, only thing worthwhile is the crit hit dmg increase

i would destroy that roll so fast :p

I use Pulse with quite alot of increase crit chances and damage attributes so I'll see how I go. So far the Vector shat all over the MP5s I've made lol.

mosdl

Finally hit 30 in the Dark Zone last night! Couldn't find anything to buy with my Dark Zone bucks.

My partners and I do this all the time. We'll head out to DZ06 where the enemies are at level 32, get nice loot, and then trek back into DZ01 - 02. We tried extracting in DZ06, and while it was tough, we were able to do it with some coordination.

The benefit in extracting in higher DZ areas is less chance to run into players, most seem to keep to the lower levels.

RS4-

the thought of a rollback is hilarious.

This isn't some d3 level of exploit where you have infinite health or something.

Anyway, in re: to the lincoln tunnel HEs from the boss: got the enhanced aug, and tactical super 90. I think I got the teal skin like 4x. Christ.

Granadier

That Hunting M44 is lovely. 630k crit shots.

It's a god damn cannon. Makes me feel like I'm using one of these.
M82A1_barrett.jpeg

The benefit in extracting in higher DZ areas is less chance to run into players, most seem to keep to the lower levels.

Oh yeah, for sure. Of all the times I've been in the higher DZ, I've only run into 1 other player that wasn't in my group. He helped us out, too. And for what it's worth, I haven't run into too many hostile players in general. We had some yesterday, but what they didn't realize is that there was another group of players around the corner. We hunted them down right quick.

spyder_ur

The best extraction point in the DZ IMO is the one in DZ06. You have to clear it, but once you do it's clear sailing and there's rarely other players. DT chest up there too.

Another nice one is the one on the right side of the map in DZ04 (I think). The one on top of the parking garage with the contaminated area right next to you, so you can clear the boss there right before or after.

commish

I actually have an item with that 25% item find, I need to start using that. Didn't even think to use it. I farm mostly in areas 5-6. I'll post my route later, it's pretty ideal because you don't have to fight anyone so it's really just running to 15 boxes. I can't see your route bc my work computer won't let me go to that website for some reason!

commish

Another nice one is the one on the right side of the map in DZ04 (I think). The one on top of the parking garage with the contaminated area right next to you, so you can clear the boss there right before or after.

This is the best one. You can call the chopper in so that it's behind the boxes, allowing you to ignore the mobs. If I had a bag full of 9 HE, that's where I would go.

Interestingly enough, I was going there yesterday and some guy had already called in a chopper. However, he died to the mobs before it arrived, and as I got to the extraction zone, he was still down but not dead. I ran over to revive him, but I guess he thought I was going to finish him off, so he just killed himself off. Anddd he dropped an HE item, which I picked up and then extracted on the chopper he called. Thanks buddy.

ViciousDS

Banned
I was thinking about grabbing the blueprint.. Don't know if I can get off the first wave bandwagon though..

I'm using just a purple M1A first wave and the amount of crit rounds blasting into a mob at a distance is so good. But I can imagine getting that one headshot to end all to feel that much better.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Any vendors selling a level 31 chest blueprint? It's the last bit of gear I have which is 30.

Is that the one from the DZ6 blue print?

If so, I crafter like three of 'em, got all shitty rolls and then went back to my purple M1A :/

Will try

Advanced vendor at BoO downstairs at the back near gun range. About 60k cash.

It's pretty disgusting, especially with explosive rounds.
Excuse the potato aim

68k in one shot.
5wacAAR.png

Can't wait to try it. What mods you got attached? I've only got some purples but would like to put yellows on but I don't have any crafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom