• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Navy MP5 is a beast. I got a meh damage roll, but got increased crit chance and headshot damage and a meaningless perk. It is soooooo much better than any Vector I've had. Not even close. 60 round mag with almost 1200 in reserve.

Sane_Man

I've made both, but use the Aug because I got better rolls. But I liked using the Mp5 more.

That said, you should improve your gear before you improve your weapon. You can "get by" with a Vector, especially since you can make them so much easier than the ones that need DT.

Cheers dude. I have pretty awesome gear already though. Managed to drop the level 31 chest and gloves with super good stats on crit hit, damage, SMG damage, armour in cover, etc.

Portugeezer

Quick question. I logged out during a mission, when I come back I am outside at the beginning of the mission.

Do I keep the EXP I earned killing enemies and stuff? I don't quite remember how much EXP I had to compare. It appears I lost some items, but I could just be remembering wrong.

LiK

Quick question. I logged out during a mission, when I come back I am outside at the beginning of the mission.

Do I keep the EXP I earned killing enemies and stuff? I don't quite remember how much EXP I had to compare. It appears I lost some items, but I could just be remembering wrong.

It should save whatever you did on the fly.

catspit

The Navy MP5 is a beast. I got a meh damage roll, but got increased crit chance and headshot damage and a meaningless perk. It is soooooo much better than any Vector I've had. Not even close. 60 round mag with almost 1200 in reserve.

I think I might try to make 1 or 2.. Just worried about the recoil compared the the vector. Bigger clip is nice.

Keep in mind that with gear like the Chest Piece.. in order to get those extra Mod Slots you're losing a Major Attribute (stuff like +Armor, +Dmg to Elites +Protection from Elites, etc..).

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Yup. 3 checst blueprints all level 31 at DZ06 vendor.

Stamina, Electronics and Firearms blueprints 111 Phoenix Creds each.

Gonna get that Firearms one first. Keep rolling for 3 mod slots or at least 2 since I only have 1. ;D

ViciousDS

Banned
Have a group with at least 2 people with you as the leader. Send out invites to friends or go to matchmaking and hit matchmake. As soon as somebody joins (accepts the invite), before they load in, kick them from the group. If it works correctly, they should keep loading and be in the instance without actually being in your group. Tada, 8+man group! You can get even more people if anyone who you got in to the instance starts another group and invites more friends.

Got it.....had to inform the 5th man to open party privacy lol

So I was wondering if I was geared enough to be MM for Challenge modes. I've been playing with 2 friends who are both 120k+ DPS and been doing them quite successfully. But I wanted to know if I was geared enough to be going at it alone with randomers.

UkRGjfg.jpg

RyanDG

I like the sound of this, it would be the more rational approach do the DZ. I love the PvPvE element of the DZ I do think there needs to be checks and balance gear wise.

The only thing I don't want to see is segmenting parties into separate DZ instances based on gear. If I want to bring my under geared friend into the Dark Zone with me, there shouldn't be something in place that prevents me from doing that.

bjaelke

The only thing I don't want to see is segmenting parties into separate DZ instances based on gear. If I want to bring my under geared friend into the Dark Zone with me, there shouldn't be something in place that prevents me from doing that.

But then it would just work like the current matchmaking where the AI (in this case gear grade) is scaled to the highest level member in the party.

So I was wondering if I was geared enough to be MM for Challenge modes. I've been playing with 2 friends who are both 120k+ DPS and been doing them quite successfully. But I wanted to know if I was geared enough to be going at it alone with randomers.

Your DPS is in a good spot. I'd be a little concerned about Health but at a glance it looks like you've got a decent amount of armor. The Rushers and Snipers in CM's can one shot though, so it's nice to have a bit of breathing room.

LiK

When I try for the extraction trophy, I'll just have the weakest shit with me so even if I'm killed, they get garbage.

I'm saving up Phoenix Credits for the Liberator AR, but I'm going to need a Marksman Rifle., too. How's the Tenebrae?

Your DPS is in a good spot. I'd be a little concerned about Health but at a glance it looks like you've got a decent amount of armor. The Rushers and Snipers in CM's can one shot though, so it's nice to have a bit of breathing room.

What do you suggest for health? I'm around 56K and 118K DPS. I'm anxious to get into the Challenge Mode stuff, but I'm trying to help my friend get his stats a bit higher.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'm saving up Phoenix Credits for the Liberator AR, but I'm going to need a Marksman Rifle., too. How's the Tenebrae?

It's shit until they balance marksman rifles. Go for an M1A instead if you are looking for a semi-auto.

RyanDG

But then it would just work like the current matchmaking where the AI (in this case gear grade) is scaled to the highest level member in the party.

DZ isn't scaled like that. If you and are a friend are in separate DZ tiers, you can't enter together.

I don't want to see that happen if they have gear tiers scaling of some kind.

When I try for the extraction trophy, I'll just have the weakest shit with me so even if I'm killed, they get garbage.

I feel a very slight amount of remorse when I kill someone and go rogue, only for them to drop blue items.

Going rogue with a full group and surviving is starting to become my favorite thing to do in the game now. You get a really big chunk of XP the longer you survive as well.

Also, you can really tell when someone has exceptional good gear. We ran into this one guy who just completely melted us, 3 of us to just him. Wasn't even close. We just found a new server.

Yeah I've noticed that about my health. I used to have 82K DPS and 80k HP but rerolled my bag to get the firearms for my perks. I was doing the daily CM before and was getting one shot by snipers. Might have to look into that a bit, should I be concerned about the perks on weapons or is the 3 main stats more important?

What do you suggest for health? I'm around 56K and 118K DPS. I'm anxious to get into the Challenge Mode stuff, but I'm trying to help my friend get his stats a bit higher.

The Liberator is the weakest AR but may have utility for Skill Builds (though I feel Caduceus is likely better for those too).

Generally around 60k Health is considered a baseline but depending on your Armor you can go more or less. You just want to be able to take a couple shots before you're downed because you will get hit with a Sniper round or a 100m long Shotgun blast at some point and if you're down, that's one less source of dmg to focus fire the very aggressive enemies in CMs.

THat's fucking twice I've rerolled an HE item, got the mod I want, but somehow managed to select the wrong fucking one. The Phoenix credit cost on that shit is just too damn high :(

Yeah I've noticed that about my health. I used to have 82K DPS and 80k HP but rerolled my bag to get the firearms for my perks. I was doing the daily CM before and was getting one shot by snipers. Might have to look into that a bit, should I be concerned about the perks on weapons or is the 3 main stats more important?

In general you want to have Talents (on weapons and gear) that reinforce your build. Until you can get those rolls, use the best you have but consider all things together.

For example, if you have an AR that does 8500dmg and another that does 8300dmg but the second one has the Talent that does extra damage to Named and Elites.. well that second one is going to be more effective in a CM than the first. There are more variables to consider than that though so it may not always be the case. If that first one has higher Crit Chance and comes with the Talents to do more Armor Damage and More Crit Chance or Damage then the answer isn't immediately clear. There are so many permutations that it's kind of hard to detail. So when in doubt between two weapons or even two pieces of gear and how they effect your damage... use the Gun Range in your Base located in the very back right hand (Security) side and down some stairs.

spyder_ur

We've tried it both ways, and it was always giving us a DZ mismatch error. If it works, I guess we may have just been glitched.

The lower-level player has to go into Group Management, highlight one of the higher level players, and select "Transfer to ______'s Dark Zone', or something similar. It works fine, and being 2-3 levels under the player bracket isn't a huge deal unless there are a bunch of rogues running around.

FX-GMC

THat's fucking twice I've rerolled an HE item, got the mod I want, but somehow managed to select the wrong fucking one. The Phoenix credit cost on that shit is just too damn high :(

Hmm this happened to me once. I was pretty damn sure I selected to get the gear mod slot.......

That happens if you press space (on PC) twice. Happened to me 3-4 times too.

Though I am just leveling up right now.

Well shit.

That happens if you press space (on PC) twice. Happened to me 3-4 times too.

Though I am just leveling up right now.

HoodWinked

sometimes you get in good random groups some times you get in bad ones. i'd probably avoid doing warrengate power plant till you get more health. the other ones should be doable.

Milennia

My mic died and all the usual people I play with are offline arm so I decide to queue up a random Lexington because I can basically carry groups at this point, I carry the group to the final section literally spawn killing enemies on my own and they kick me because I wouldn't get in party chat

What is this shit

it's way too fucking expensive to re-roll high end items. why spend 30 PC for one re-roll when I can get a single dark zone key for 40 PC??

/s

Deku Tree

Can you kill the same named Elite in DZ for that On the List trophy? I don't remember who I killed.

Yeah but you have to be the one to fire the kill shot or at least be shooting at them while they go down. If you damage them and they die while you are reloading then it doesn't count towards the trophy.

In general you want to have Talents (on weapons and gear) that reinforce your build. Until you can get those rolls, use the best you have but consider all things together.

For example, if you have an AR that does 8500dmg and another that does 8300dmg but the second one has the Talent that does extra damage to Named and Elites.. well that second one is going to be more effective in a CM than the first. There are more variables to consider than that though so it may not always be the case. If that first one has higher Crit Chance and comes with the Talents to do more Armor Damage and More Crit Chance or Damage then the answer isn't immediately clear. There are so many permutations that it's kind of hard to detail. So when in doubt between two weapons or even two pieces of gear and how they effect your damage... use the Gun Range in your Base located in the very back right hand (Security) side and down some stairs.

I crafted 2 sets of Vectors and AK47s and never bothered to test them out before I DE'd what I thought were the lessers. Definitely regret doing that but its not the end of the world. I guess I just need to keep farm the credits and hoping for some good drops.

I'll be sure to check all my gear and test them before I destroy them in future.
sometimes you get in good random groups some times you get in bad ones. i'd probably avoid doing warrengate power plant till you get more health. the other ones should be doable.

I was planning to leave WPP till I was at least able to do the RC without any issues. I've heard it very hard and requires high DPS.

I crafted 2 sets of Vectors and AK47s and never bothered to test them out before I DE'd what I thought were the lessers. Definitely regret doing that but its not the end of the world. I guess I just need to keep farm the credits and hoping for some good drops.

I'll be sure to check all my gear and test them before I destroy them in future.

Well don't go overboard! Testing everything will get tedious fast. Sometimes there are obvious results. I'm just saying that in cases where, when you look at the stats and talents.. you can't tell right off which is best, then go test and find out.

Special C

Can you kill the same named Elite in DZ for that On the List trophy? I don't remember who I killed.

Yea. If you ever enter DZ1 from the south and head east there is an easy one to solo. People tend to ignore the ones that aren't at a landmark.

My mic died and all the usual people I play with are offline arm so I decide to queue up a random Lexington because I can basically carry groups at this point, I carry the group to the final section literally spawn killing enemies on my own and they kick me because I wouldn't get in party chat

What is this shit

I have had really good randoms (on pc) no one talks or types and we just roll through. I play with a controller so i prefer it (although i have a mic now)

CJVaughn

Banned
I have had really good randoms (on pc) no one talks or types and we just roll through. I play with a controller so i prefer it (although i have a mic now)
This has been my experience on PC as well. I even got carried through a Challenge mode by randoms before I knew how difficult they were

LiK

Yeah but you have to be the one to fire the kill shot or at least be shooting at them while they go down. If you damage them and they die while you are reloading then it doesn't count towards the trophy.
man, I don't even remember. Guess I'll just farm it in the early areas whenever I play.

Yea. If you ever enter DZ1 from the south and head east there is an easy one to solo. People tend to ignore the ones that aren't at a landmark.

Thanks

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
For a fresh level 30 and dz 34, what weapon should I be aiming to get to start off? Is it the vector blueprint in the high end vendor people are using? Should I be saving up for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom