• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

For a fresh level 30 and dz 34, what weapon should I be aiming to get to start off? Is it the vector blueprint in the high end vendor people are using? Should I be saving up for that?

I got that and it's awesome especially for Dailies and CM

Dreez

I wish you didn't have to be level 30 for Phoenix credits so I could just farm in the empty 24-29 bracket 😢 got some HE gloves in here too

LiK

I think Massive could do a variant in DZ for people that like to do PVE only. Maybe the "risk" would be much tougher Elites in place of human players. And include AI Rogues who will kill you like human players. That's not impossible. Some players just don't like dealing with people and that's understandable.

I think Massive could do a variant in DZ for people that like to do PVE only. Maybe the "risk" would be much tougher Elites in place of human players. And include AI Rogues who will kill you like human players. That's not impossible. Some players just don't like dealing with people and that's understandable.

Garbage idea. Just make changes to the normal world. Stop trying to make DZ into a PvE area.

LiK

Garbage idea. Just make changes to the normal world. Stop trying to make DZ into a PvE area.

Thanks for that comment. It was a suggestion. No need to shit all over it immediately.

When did DZ lovers end up being so friggin' hostile to changes that won't affect them? It'll be a separate mode.

Probably beating a dead horse, but fuck getting regular old jeans and shirts as drops in the DZ, and fuck that they take up DZ pack space. They really need rarity tiers for clothing, too.

hydruxo

Running the DZ last night with my group, and in the 4-5 hours we played I had more yellow drops than I did during the entire week. What did I do? I got rid of scavenging. Previously I had ~125%. Before we entered the DZ yesterday I crafted some new knee pads that don't have scavenging on them, and now I only have 15%. In the span of a few hours I had 4 HE drops in the DZ. People here were saying that scavenging has no affect on HE drops, and while that might be true, if anything scavenging decreases your chances of a HE drop. Someone in my group has had little to no scavenging and has gotten quite a few HE to drop, more than anyone else in my group who had 100%+ scavenging.

So it seems to me that scavenging actually hurts your chances of getting HE drops. Could just be a small sample size, but when multiple people are reporting the same thing....

Yeah pretty sure it's all RNG man. I've got 142% scavenging and gotten quite a few HE drops in the DZ and PVE.

I don't think scavenging affects much in general, but I can't imagine having a low scavenging gives you any more HE drops than otherwise. Seems like a coincidence.

Thanks for that comment. It was a suggestion. No need to shit all over it immediately.

I don't get how Massive comes up with something that's in hardly any game, and instead of being applauded for its risk and originality, people just complain about it. Stop trying to change DZ into something it was never meant to be.

If you want more PvE, then suggest changes to the normal world, which is where the PvE should be. Solo missions, respawning world bosses, invasions, hoard mode. All better ideas than changing DZ.

LiK

I don't get how Massive comes up with something that's in hardly any game, and instead of being applauded for its risk and originality, people just complain about it. Stop trying to change DZ into something it was never meant to be.

If you want more PvE, then suggest changes to the normal world, which is where the PvE should be. Solo missions, respawning world bosses, invasions, hoard mode. All better ideas than changing DZ.

I don't honestly care cuz I enjoy DZ for what it is. But this was an idea for players who want an alternative. Sure, they can do that in the PVE areas if they wanted. But a PVE only DZ with AI Rogue is fine too. Pure DZ lovers can still stick with their mode and others can do the variant.

Oh, sorry. Let me babbify it so I don't offend anyone.

Gosh darn right. Consume it intellectually advanced, yet socially limited people.

Don't you fucking dare take Gosh's name in vain. Edit your post this instant.

Game talk: This M44 that has been looking pretty nice... Has anyone went from a First Wave M1A to it?

Thoughts? Opinions on the shift? Worth it?

Where can I get me one of those?

I believe it's said that the Advanced Weapon vendor in the BoO, all the way in the back right of the first floor, is currently selling it. That stock will change. 8PM EST, if I'm right?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
M44 = PvP for taking down runners
M1A = PvE for taking down fatties and bosses

At least in my opinion and experience.

I don't honestly care cuz I enjoy DZ for what it is. But this was an idea for players who want an alternative. Sure, they can do that in the PVE areas if they wanted. But a PVE only DZ with AI Rogue is fine too. Pure DZ lovers can still stick with their mode and others can do the variant.

Nah. A PvE DZ is not fine.

Refine the normal world.

Regardless of the debate of what the DZ should be versus what it is, the PvE area is a barren wasteland and a total waste after you are done with it.

It's the largest section of the map and its left to rot with nothing to do. Even the DZ is now boring as fuck once you grind to the mid 30s. It's a relatively small space in comparison so it's easy to get bored of it. Not to mention there is nothing to do but monotonous grinding tasks whether it's for DZ rank XP, Division Tech and such.

People act like the DZ is an amazing revolution when it's really not. GTA Online has done this same type of PvP for YEARS. Except in GTA Onlone there's more to do =\

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I got that and it's awesome especially for Dailies and CM

Cool, I'll save my PC up for that one then. I've used mostly AR through the game but when I did use the Vector for a bit it sliced through some enemies just beautifully.

I don't honestly care cuz I enjoy DZ for what it is. But this was an idea for players who want an alternative. Sure, they can do that in the PVE areas if they wanted. But a PVE only DZ with AI Rogue is fine too. Pure DZ lovers can still with their mode and others can do the variant.

I think it doesn't help that the city is kind of dead and lifeless once you do everything, like most other games, you complete the missions and there's barely anything to do. All the named bosses should be on timers or reset every day, and there should be random events inside and outside the DZ to keep things moving. They've built this amazing city to run around but then you barely visit most parts again once you've moved on.

I think turning the DZ into a PvE zone would be a big mistake though, the guy suggests what I did here the other day, separate level 30 DZ with gear score to stop new 30s being killed by players with the highest end gear.

LiK

Nah. A PvE DZ is not fine.

Refine the normal world.

Cool, I'll save my PC up for that one then. I've used mostly AR through the game but when I did use the Vector for a bit it sliced through some enemies just beautifully.

I think it doesn't help that the city is kind of dead and lifeless once you do everything, like most other games, you complete the missions and there's barely anything to do. All the named bosses should be on timers or reset every day, and there should be random events inside and outside the DZ to keep things moving. They've built this amazing city to run around but then you barely visit most parts again once you've moved on.

I think turning the DZ into a PvE zone would be a big mistake though, the guy suggests what I did here the other day, separate level 30 DZ with gear score to stop new 30s being killed by players with the highest end gear.

True, I guess if they refine the PVE area for lvl 30 players that would make a difference. I'm just trying to start a conversation about it because people are incredibly defensive about it. Believe me, I know why.

Hopefully Massive does some updates to it.

True, I guess if they refine the PVE area for lvl 30 players that would make a difference. I'm just trying to start a conversation about it because people are incredibly defensive about it. Believe me, I know why.

Hopefully Massive does some updates to it.

They said they were. Changes are coming to the normal world. Most likely in the April update. They talked about not respawning bosses like the bullet, and they said if we saw the bigger picture then we'd understand. I can only assume changes are coming.

lt519

Yeah pretty sure it's all RNG man. I've got 142% scavenging and gotten quite a few HE drops in the DZ and PVE.

I don't think scavenging affects much in general, but I can't imagine having a low scavenging gives you any more HE drops than otherwise. Seems like a coincidence.

Yeah, a 142% increase on a 0.5% chance in the first place doesn't make much of a perceived difference. I remove it from all my gear since there is even RNG on the gear that drops. Just not worth the trade off in other potential stats like Enemy Armor Damage.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah, a 142% increase on a 0.5% chance in the first place doesn't make much of a perceived difference. I remove it from all my gear since there is even RNG on the gear that drops. Just not worth the trade off in other potential stats like Enemy Armor Damage.

Just have 2 sets of gear - one for getting increased magic find and a second for maximum stats. That's what I do.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
The players that would like a PvE Dark Zone are probably mostly upset that there isn't a real "end game" for them outside of just running missions over and over. Once the encounters, side missions, and collectibles are done there is nothing out there to actually go and do. They are forced into the Dark Zone in order to get the blueprints needed for crafting better gear, even if the only want to kill baddies. That is Massive's fault and one of the shortcomings of the game right now.

But to look at that problem and resort to the idea of turning the only really unique element of this game into a PvE farm-lite area is completely backwards. Players should be requesting and hoping that Massive reworks the overall world so that there are viable things to do in the end-game outside of the DZ, (besides doing missions endlessly).

I do honestly think that the idea of taming down the DZ, segregating it into PvE/PvP zones, or adding a "voluntary flag" to go rogue are all terrible ideas whatever their reasonings may be. That said my hostility towards the subject is mostly in jest. Anyone that has known me for more than a thread's length knows that I am almost always joking, so my hostile replies should be taken with a grain of salt. (heh)

Special C

I mean it's not like the game world is great BEFORE 30 either. It's just a zone to grab collectibles and do monotonous side quests.

The meat of the game has always been the missions.

WavyStretch

Neo Member
Dark Zone is fine as is, needs a few tweaks but it's clearly functioning as intended. They do need to expand activity in the rest of the map, I would like to see week long events every month, something like so and so has stepped into Larae Barringtons shoes and is attempting to set up a new strong hold in Hell's Kitchen, have named bosses and some level 31 mobs roaming the area, have drops between hard daily and challenge, culminating in so and so appearing on Monday if community wide challenges have been met, eg kill x number of named bosses globally.

Set spawn rates so its not as efficient to farm as the DZ but still something fun and rewarding for DZ shy players. I'm quite surprised something like that is not already in the game, seems pretty obvious and straight forward to implement, and one week a month is not going to segregate the playebase hugely, just throws the carebare a bone now and then.

lt519

Just have 2 sets of gear - one for getting increased magic find and a second for maximum stats. That's what I do.

Heh, I used to do that in the vanilla Diablo 3 days, switch to it all right before killing a boss or elite mob. Just not worth the time and energy to get a drop that'll most likely not matter anyway. I'll just kill other people and take their HE drops like I did last night.

Dark Zone is fine as is, needs a few tweaks but it's clearly functioning as intended.

Agreed, more PvE events such as invasions would be neat. Give all the players bonus credits and XP for defending a location, etc. More PvP based events would be neat as well. Drop a weapons cache in a location and if you control it for 10 minutes straight you get whatever is in it, etc. It's all just too static so far with going rogue being the only thing to mix it up.

I wouldn't say quit playing

But look at the pace this OT has taken.....it has slowed waaaayyyyy the fuck down and activity fucking dropped like crazy compared to the first. It's called honeymoon period and it hit this game decently hard.

I mean I don't know about some, but when I'm playing the game I don't really find any reason to be here posting. There are minimal loading times and everything has matchmaking. What do I need to be in here posting about when I could be playing the game?

The Liberator is the weakest AR but may have utility for Skill Builds (though I feel Caduceus is likely better for those too).

That's kind of disappointing. I might have to hunt around for a bit for something suitable. I love my SCAR-L, as it can melt an unnamed elite in under one clip. I'll ideally be looking for along those lines. As I understand it, the Caduceus is a modified SCAR-L, but it's talents may not fit my needs. I might have to hunt for a gold M4 or something similar.

IMACOMPUTA

I don't get why people are asking for a pve DZ. The obvious solution would be to make the PVE area worth a shit after you finish the story. Have respawning mobs with named bosses like in the DZ.
It'd be extra awesome if they opened it up to more than 4 players and added bigger bosses that have a chance of spawning.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I don't get why people are asking for a pve DZ. The obvious solution would be to make the PVE area worth a shit after you finish the story. Have respawning mobs with named bosses like in the DZ.
It'd be extra awesome if they opened it up to more than 4 players and added bigger bosses that have a chance of spawning.

You mean just copy destiny's public events? Would be awesome. They missed the boat with so many easy things.

It is fun and I'm still doing the dailies to hoard resources, but past that there's nothing worth doing when I have a limited amount of gaming time. Doesn't help that there's no concrete goal to work towards either, ala Greater Rifts in D3.

I agree with this. I really enjoy the game, but I do the daily stuff and I'm pretty much good. I don't see this as a problem though. Feeling like you have to play a game for hours per day isn't exactly a good thing in my eyes. Besides Incursions will be out next month and add a little more variety to the mix.

SkylineRKR

Just bought the Hunting M44 from the Security Vendor. It does not have a mag mod slot. RIP the dream.

Yeah. I had it from a drop today, but used the SCAR-H as my go to long range weapon. I now use the Hunting M44 and must say its amazing, but can only add muzzle and scope. I hoped for a Mag slot as well. Have mags with fast reload or bigger capacity, would've been great.

You mean just copy destiny's public events? Would be awesome. They missed the boat with so many easy things.

We're still waiting on those "supply drops" in the DZ that Massive said would be coming.

Hopefully we get some new info this week, April is right around the corner.

That's kind of disappointing. I might have to hunt around for a bit for something suitable. I love my SCAR-L, as it can melt an unnamed elite in under one clip. I'll ideally be looking for along those lines. As I understand it, the Caduceus is a modified SCAR-L, but it's talents may not fit my needs. I might have to hunt for a gold M4 or something similar.

Yup. Unfortunately the pattern seems to extend to all Named guns. They're good but are outclassed by the non-named HE's, especially by the blueprint non-names since you can re-roll them repeatedly to get specific Talents.

For what it's worth, the Caduceus can hit pretty hard if you get a lucky enough drop but the Talents are purely support so it's limited. Honestly, I'd suggest that if you want to roll a support build, you can run with a Caduceus or Liberator (depending on which ones talents fit your build best) and then run a blueprint SMG or Marksman Rifle so you'll have one gun that can burn down enemies and one to buff support.

~~~~~~~~~~

Unrelated to the above.. for anyone talking about wanting an improvement to content.. remember that there's a lot of stuff planned that will offer plenty of options. Considering this is new content every month.. that's a pretty quick release schedule. The only game that beats it as far as I'm aware of is GW2 that adds new content every 2 weeks or so.

header_roadmaprypqj.png

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co....aspx?c=tcm:154-241886-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Deku Tree

I agree with this. I really enjoy the game, but I do the daily stuff and I'm pretty much good. I don't see this as a problem though. Feeling like you have to play a game for hours per day isn't exactly a good thing in my eyes. Besides Incursions will be out next month and add a little more variety to the mix.

Your not a poop-sock-er?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom