• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
The guy I was talking about earlier with the OP MP5 is now dead. It took 4 of us to kill the guy. I'll have a video in abit.

I went back into the DZ with Iceman, Dom and the guy was still there with manhunt. Ice killed his buddies super quick but this other guy was just a tank.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
nSYmZg3.gif

Some people say ToRx Leady y0 is still lying in the street. Broken and bloody. Unable to grasp life again after being obliterated that fateful night. His entire world was destroyed in that moment.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Some people say ToRx Leady y0 is still lying in the street. Broken and bloody. Unable to grasp life again after being obliterated that fateful night. His entire world was destroyed in that moment.

Lol poor bambi.

Tried to join CM daily and got kicked 10 times in a row before even porting to the instance.

The hell is wrong with this game?

Guys probably trying the 8 man glitch.

MikeyMike

How do you beat that Power Plant CM? It's literally impossible with the 3-valve stage at the end and 10 shotugnners coming at you.

I heard turning 1 valve at a time spawns 1 wave at a time.

So try to turn first valve; kill mobs; turn second valve; kill mobs; turn last valve; kill mobs.

Iceman829

The guy I was talking about earlier with the OP MP5 is now dead. It took 4 of us to kill the guy. I'll have a video in abit.

I went back into the DZ with Iceman, Dom and the guy was still there with manhunt. Ice killed his buddies super quick but this other guy was just a tank.

Killing those rogues and that guy on manhunt was fun up in DZ06. Then I stole his hot garbage HE stamina mod and we ran across the map like it was an M1A lol

LiK

I am 12/13 for collectibles in Pennsylvania Plasa but I don't see anything on the map and I've done all side missions?

yea, some don't show up no matter what. check which ones you're missing in the menu (Intel section) and use a guide online. apparently, it's common because the Division Wikia gave out the coordinates to the most common missing ones. that was a godsend.

Deku Tree

yea, some don't show up no matter what. check which ones you're missing in the menu (Intel section) and use a guide online. apparently, it's common because the Division Wikia gave out the coordinates to the most common missing ones. that was a godsend.

Which guide did you use?

TheYanger

I am 12/13 for collectibles in Pennsylvania Plasa but I don't see anything on the map and I've done all side missions?

Make sure you select intel on the map, it will remove all other things so that they'll take priority, since they'er often 'under' other icons and are low priority.

ERMint13

Twice tonight i've had blueberries jump in front of my snipes trying to get to the rouges i've downed. Nothing like going rogue and loosing keys because people are idiots. One of the rogues I killed dropped HE's too.

Twice tonight i've had blueberries jump in front of my snipes trying to get to the rouges i've downed. Nothing like going rogue and loosing keys because people are idiots. One of the rogues I killed dropped HE's too.

Stuff like this and rogue baiting should be among the first of the DZ issues they fix.

BSherrod

I got the backpack glitch or whatever people are calling it. Had a high end backpack that was 30/61, but with 12 guns full of mods and a few armor pieces here and there. Logged on this morning and pieces where gone and my gun literally was infinitely reloading. Signed out and haven't been able to connect all day. It's frustrating as hell to not be able to play the game that I've poured hours into and if this gets fixed and I lose my gear then I'm probably not buying the DLC.

lt519

Got the Platinum.

I'm surprised I can actually take on most Rogues in a fight. Unless it's a SMG fight. LOL.

Congrats!

I'm still stuck on the Rogue trophy, everytime I go in the DZ I just get distracted by NPCs or go rogue myself. Doesn't help when people poach your rogue kills after you do all the work. Slowly but surely I'm sure I'll get it...

Ran into a trio of players a few times tonight. First few times they were cool. Invited me into their party but I just kept going solo.

Then all of a sudden they're rogue. I give them benefit of the doubt, but one ends up shooting me. I was able to kill them one by one then ran off. Came back a bit later to see all three are still around and they figure out how to basically corner me. I kill one, other two get me. I go back, they're all camping inside a contaminated zone with one entrance and are no longer rogue. I just wanted to get my shit I dropped and go, but of course they go rogue to kill me again. Tried another time just to see and it happened again.

Oh well. Assholes.

Olengie

Congrats!

I'm still stuck on the Rogue trophy, everytime I go in the DZ I just get distracted by NPCs or go rogue myself. Doesn't help when people poach your rogue kills after you do all the work. Slowly but surely I'm sure I'll get it...

Yeah. I know the feeling. A handful of mine were poached today. Getting shot in the back never helps either. LOL.

Can't 1v3 players yet.

rogue trophy would be easy if you do gooders would just bait people hehehehe.
Baiting people is a great mechanic.

There were 10 people including mine/granadier's 4-man team at the dz02 parking garage extraction. Waited for the chopper to arrive as four randoms went up to the rope as the rest of us watched. I lobbed a tear gas nade into the extraction area and they all got hit. As soon as it cleared they immediately opened fire on each other and a bunch went rogue. We mopped them up easily and took all their shit lolol

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Baiting people is a great mechanic.

There were 10 people including mine/granadier's 4-man team at the dz02 parking garage extraction. Waited for the chopper to arrive as four randoms went up to the rope as the rest of us watched. I lobbed a tear gas nade into the extraction area and they all got hit. As soon as it cleared they immediately opened fire on each other and a bunch went rogue. We mopped them up easily and took all their shit lolol

Masterclass...

other posters would like to lead us to believe its not a mechanic and simply a glitch or bad design though lol. I've never done it but still don't have a problem with it. very welcome considering what the DZ is.

How do you beat that Power Plant CM? It's literally impossible with the 3-valve stage at the end and 10 shotugnners coming at you.

LOL. It is difficult. We ran out of time once and managed to get it with 51 seconds to spare after more than a few tries. Keep your team together and know where they are coming from next. Trapping them in the righr hallway both times really helps.

*Question* I just hit 30 today and normally play by myself during the day. What's the best Avenue for me to get loot solo? Run the mission over and over? Dz?

Masterclass...

other posters would like to lead us to believe its not a mechanic and simply a glitch or bad design though lol. I've never done it but still don't have a problem with it. very welcome considering what the DZ is.
It's a legit strategy like any other. It's like playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
LOL. It is difficult. We ran out of time once and managed to get it with 51 seconds to spare after more than a few tries. Keep your team together and know where they are coming from next. Trapping them in the righr hallway both times really helps.

*Question* I just hit 30 today and normally play by myself during the day. What's the best Avenue for me to get loot solo? Run the mission over and over? Dz?

DZ is faster and I personally believe its a better end-game activity (it'll have you actually working towards something even if its completely grindy), but CM is a nice distraction

edit: you can match make for darkzone but be careful.

It's a legit strategy like any other. It's like playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

I tend to stay out of trouble in the DZ unless I need to fight. I usually hang out in DZ5 and 6 where I hardly see people for some reason. I prefer that but my buddy is always looking for trouble lol.

Run a handful of CMs to get some guaranteed random HE gear drops before jumping into the dz and hoping to get chance loot. The dz could be peaceful or it could be a shitshow. The more HE gear you have equipped the better the chance of surviving what you'll find there.

cantona222

On normal and hard the number of players affects enemy numbers and their difficulty. So on normal on yourself you might walk into a room with 3 guys, with more players there might be double or triple. Then on hard the same but instead of normal enemies you get purple and yellow ones which are harder.

When you get to level 30 it unlocks challenging on some missions which is always the same regardless of how many players there are.

oSoLucky

Not literally impossible. I finished that part with 9 1/2 minutes left. First there's a level of gear that you need. Second, the more disrespectful you are to the missions, the easier they are. Learn which doors spawn packs of mobs and push right up to them as they come in and chain CCs as you mow them down. If you're a bit undergeared you can run 2 Tac Links and 2 Survivor Links and pop 1 and 1 on heavies/shotgunners, etc. Again, don't run and hide and try to outlast enemies. Punch them in the mouth.
Max disrespect

DontBlink

I heard turning 1 valve at a time spawns 1 wave at a time.

So try to turn first valve; kill mobs; turn second valve; kill mobs; turn last valve; kill mobs.

LOL. It is difficult. We ran out of time once and managed to get it with 51 seconds to spare after more than a few tries. Keep your team together and know where they are coming from next. Trapping them in the righr hallway both times really helps.?

I've tried with a number of randoms, and the closest we got was 3 enemies left and timer running out. From my experience, turning on all the valves still only releases one wave at a time, but without much of a breathing room.

The checkpoint bug helped us out a couple of times before that place too, dying in a room full of enemies only to respawn with them all gone.

leng jai

I find Russian Consulate harder than Warrengate actually. I've finished the latter 4 or 5 times with pugs but I don't ever remember being successful with pugs in RC.

soultron

Banned
Still can't believe that PUG CM groups don't use crowd control like shock turrets or flashbang sticky bomb. I tried to ask my group to switch but one dude wasn't having it and was using an non-modified pulse, even.

CM took me nearly 2 hours tonight. Wasted time early on with a group that some idiot started us off early by firing his weapon and then the group leader dumped us all.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Still can't believe that PUG CM groups don't use crowd control like shock turrets or flashbang sticky bomb. I tried to ask my group to switch but one dude wasn't having it and was using an non-modified pulse, even.

CM took me nearly 2 hours tonight. Wasted time early on with a group that some idiot started us off early by firing his weapon and then the group leader dumped us all.

These are the reasons I argue against match making in destiny and to a lesser extent this game. LFG systems are love LFG is life.

RS4-

Warrengate is hard if you're just opening the valves without any planning. Probably much easier to do it one by one.

The really troublesome parts and maybe time consuming parts is the section before the library that has like 3 shield guys and medics + shotguns.

And the library/safe room if don't take the left side. Staying in the stairs makes it way too hard to deal with the shield guys that sit across the stairs as you never have a good angle to get them, and even more annoying if they get a sentry down that shoots you up the stairs and through the walls.

But yeah, the nature of Warrengate, I just don't bother with that particular CM. The mission alone is just bad.

Run a handful of CMs to get some guaranteed random HE gear drops before jumping into the dz and hoping to get chance loot. The dz could be peaceful or it could be a shitshow. The more HE gear you have equipped the better the chance of surviving what you'll find there.

Lincoln can be done solo on Challenge Mode? I ran most of the story missions solo, about 2-3 levels lower than recommended, so I'll give it a shot. I'm pretty hooked at the moment, so I might as well grind while Im in the zone.

Iceman829

I decided to do some tinkering while before bed and crafted a new vector. I rolled Accurate (46%), Brutal (24%) and Ferocious (13%), with 21.5% critical hit chance. I was using one with Meticulous, Brutal, Stable with a 24.5% crit chance. I was wondering if my new roll is better. I know stability seems to help out and I'm not too sure if accurate will help.

I think I've been staring at these numbers too long crafting armor. I'll see what people say and test them out tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom