• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch4fx_

don't run and hide and try to outlast enemies. Punch them in the mouth.

image.php

Opt1kon_

Just went str8 to the back but has anyone encountered glitches echoes ? With Micheal Dufrane ? I can't even get the second one without that echo and it's frustrating the life of me

Today's CM is the stupidest shit Ive ever seen in gaming history

It's really tough if you're not geared properly and don't coordinate, but yeah, the amount of shotgunners and homing grenadiers make it a pain in the ass. Not to mention the 3 Guards during the final wave of the boss fight. One Guard has the combined health/armor of 10 elites smh

Warrengate is fine although you cannot blaze through it like you can with Lexington.

It's fine maybe if your whole team is maxed out, the amount of headshots it takes to kill someone and grenades they are allowed to throw nonstop is downright bullshit.

I also hate how enemies completely ignore the fact you are unloading a clip in their faces. Fkn bs

I get it's an "rpg" or something but gd it becomes absurd rather than difficult.

Edit: maybe my team sucked, I know I don't but fk me that shit was insane, we kept running out of time during the bomb part after the 3 valves, totally unnecessary amount of shit tossed as us.

Animator

Why can't they add more challenge missions to this game? Like what the fuck it is not like anything is involved past making every enemy a yellow shield one.

Iceman829

Remember in the timed room in Warrengate to pop 1 valve at a time to control the flow of the enemies. Each valve spawns a group of enemies. You can face a smaller amount of people at a time and make it much easier on the group.

demolitio

Warrengate is fine although you cannot blaze through it like you can with Lexington.

Exactly. The shotgun waves can be destroyed easily if the group stays back and focuses fire. In the last part of the mission, having people spread out and flank while others draw aggro is key too. When the shotgun wave comes in that last section, immediately throw an incendiary, flashbang, or tear gas grenade to slow them down and then continue to keep them in check as the rest of the team mows them down.

In CM, using the aggro system is key at parts and I don't think a lot of people use it to their advantage. The guards and the boss can't do shit if they're getting hit from at least two different directions. You can usually isolate the boss right away too.

I don't like how spongy it can get, but it makes teamwork crucial to success and it's the only time the aggro system even matters.

I fully embraced the dark side and killed about 9-10 players tonight in the Dark Zone.

In about an hour of play I was able to level up two ranks just from that XP. Delicious.

Surviving rogue status sure is the best way to level up. So close to rank 50 now!

bjaelke

It's fine maybe if your whole team is maxed out, the amount of headshots it takes to kill someone and grenades they are allowed to throw nonstop is downright bullshit.

I also hate how enemies completely ignore the fact you are unloading a clip in their faces. Fkn bs

I get it's an "rpg" or something but gd it becomes absurd rather than difficult.
I'm not maxed out and have completed it with a pug on a few occasions (whenever it's in Daily rotation) without any issues. CC + support station goes a long way when you're with random people.
Why can't they add more challenge missions to this game? Like what the fuck it is not like anything is involved past making every enemy a yellow shield one.

They are bringing in more Challenge Missions in the near future. Was confirmed again on stream yesterday.

I'm not maxed out and have completed it with a pug on a few occasions (whenever it's in Daily rotation) without any issues. CC + support station goes a long way when you're with random people.

They are bringing in more Challenge Missions in the near future. Was confirmed again on stream yesterday.

I donno bro maybe my team was fail, I'm at 125k/63k/22k now and have great survivability, with the timer though I guess that shit is the biggest gear check so far for people.

Edit: and ya fuck the grenade guys having infinite bombs that they spam non-stop across the room lol why do I only get 4!?

ISOM

Massive has to do something about these Hackers. Second time in two nights where I encountered a couple. Is it normal for my M1A rifle that has about 30k damage to do 1500 damage to another player in pvp? I want to know if it is indeed hackers or I just have shit gear.

Remember in the timed room in Warrengate to pop 1 valve at a time to control the flow of the enemies. Each valve spawns a group of enemies. You can face a smaller amount of people at a time and make it much easier on the group.

Nope, better to activate all 3 at the same time, with the lower one first. The waves spawn in order of the valves, not at the the same time. Lower one first because that's the hardest wave - 2 heavies and multiple shotgunners. You ideally want to deal with that wave first and then take on the other 2, slightly easier waves.

Activating all 3 valves at the same time saves you time that you would waste going back and forth to the valves each time.

Also, don't be super defensive because apart from the shotgun wave, the enemies from the other waves will just stay in cover and throw countless grenades at your position. Stay on the move and don't hesitate to push up on weaker enemies and take the fight to them, since you are on a timer and can't be shooting out of cover the whole time.

Daft Punk

Banned
I fully embraced the dark side and killed about 9-10 players tonight in the Dark Zone.

In about an hour of play I was able to level up two ranks just from that XP. Delicious.

Surviving rogue status sure is the best way to level up. So close to rank 50 now!

Quite satisfying to see you go from hating rogue agents in DZ to becoming one yourself. Lol

darkwing

I'm just mega disappointed that all builds in the game hinge on everyone stacking the same abilities and skills. Doesn't leave room for any variety.

It's either 4x sticky bomb spam, or 4x smart cover stack....

yeah, other abilities don't have that much use

RyanDG

I just discovered the only thing I really don't like in the Dark Zone... Super groups which have one group rogue and the other group not rogue. Fuck guys, you are already a super group. Just fucking blast the fuck out of people. No need to hide behind your non-rogue group trying to bait people to go rogue.

yeah, other abilities don't have that much use

I really hope the Incursion/Operation has room to accommodate a variety of builds, and w/e they meant by 'new mechanics' actually incorporates different build synergies.

I just discovered the only thing I really don't like in the Dark Zone... Super groups which have one group rogue and the other group not rogue. Fuck guys, you are already a super group. Just fucking blast the fuck out of people. No need to hide behind your non-rogue group trying to bait people to go rogue.

Even in a group of 4, if you're on a manhunt and one on the team has a shorter timer than the others, just make him/her stand in front when the timer goes out and let the other agents shoot him/her while they're trying to shoot you. They go rogue accidentally and then turn on each other, that shit is hilarious.

Freeman76

So people have spent double the time in the DZ since they made it better for rogues, which means the devs will be happy as it keeps people playing. I hope they add more PvE stuff in the future, putting the game down until they do as this DZ is too frustrating for me.

leng jai

Warrengate basically comes down to timing your stuns and then focus firing the most immediate threats (mostly shotties). Spamming heal stations and smart cover helps as well. If you're all going lone ranger then yeah, it's basically impossible.

So people have spent double the time in the DZ since they made it better for rogues, which means the devs will be happy as it keeps people playing. I hope they add more PvE stuff in the future, putting the game down until they do as this DZ is too frustrating for me.

I don't agree with their stats of double the players since patch. Even though the DZ changes made it easier and more lucrative to go rogue and hunt rogues, they are forgetting that a lot of new players also started getting into the DZ recently because they were finishing up the story and side missions. Not everyone was 30/30 in the first 2 weeks of the game's release.

Shane

Getting a couple of HE drops a session now. We have a route through the DZ sorted.

Generally they're worse than what I already have. Got a rifle last night and was super excited about it. Then found it is worse then the purple M1A I have.

Such is the loot drop life.

Running through Hard dallies solo now for the PC. Got my eye on a rather spiffing scope back at the base.

Kadin

Are the requirements for talents on weapons essentially the same from one version of a weapon to the next or is it all random as well?

I can't seem to roll any good vectors or AK74's that don't require all 3 stats to be like 1889 or higher. Sure some do but it just seems like so many talents need all 3 or at least 2 which is really making it hard to create a specific build. I don't want to have to have all 3 around 2k but so far that's the only way things seem to be going.

I've seen videos of guys rolling Deadly/Brutal (which only needed Firearms) but I'm not seeing that. I'm blaming the RNG gods but I want to make sure that's all it really is.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member

Did not know this and no group I've been in has known this... OK, back to Warrengate!

deadduck

Are the requirements for talents on weapons essentially the same from one version of a weapon to the next or is it all random as well?

--

I've seen videos of guys rolling Deadly/Brutal (which only needed Firearms) but I'm not seeing that. I'm blaming the RNG gods but I want to make sure that's all it really is.

They are slightly random. Had two Midas, a gun with fixed talents, but with different requirements.

RNG on RNG.

demolitio

I can't seem to roll any good vectors or AK74's that don't require all 3 stats to be like 1889 or higher. Sure some do but it just seems like so many talents need all 3 or at least 2 which is really making it hard to create a specific build. I don't want to have to have all 3 around 2k but so far that's the only way things seem to be going.

Yup, RNG gods. That's why you'll see people craft the same thing 20 times over just trying to get a good roll. I went from not having enough for any of the talents on my AK74 to having both since I didn't need high electronics for its talents. Now I also have a good Vector but can't use one of the talents because it requires electronics which I can't get to without losing my 74's talents.

Just luck of the draw. I was lucky to get a good Vector right away even if I don't have the last talent unlocked.

I crafted 7 AK74's before I got one that even had high enough damage to be worth it since all the others were closer to the lowest number possible.

Also, I had a Midas drop in the DZ that had me really excited just to find out it had horrible talents and a low DPS compared to even some of my purple guns. The game does a good job of trolling you, but I still find myself excited to loot unlike Destiny early on.

EL CUCO

Mag for my Vector:

38 clip / 12% increase damage
or...
40 clip / 40% increase ROF

These are the type of things that keep me in BoO long after my play sessions are over.

Kadin

They are slightly random. Had two Midas, a gun with fixed talents, but with different requirements.

RNG on RNG.

Yup, RNG gods. That's why you'll see people craft the same thing 20 times over just trying to get a good roll. I went from not having enough for any of the talents on my AK74 to having both since I didn't need high electronics for its talents. Now I also have a good Vector but can't use one of the talents because it requires electronics which I can't get to without losing my 74's talents.

Just luck of the draw. I was lucky to get a good Vector right away even if I don't have the last talent unlocked.

I crafted 7 AK74's before I got one that even had high enough damage to be worth it since all the others were closer to the lowest number possible.

Also, I had a Midas drop in the DZ that had me really excited just to find out it had horrible talents and a low DPS compared to even some of my purple guns. The game does a good job of trolling you, but I still find myself excited to loot unlike Destiny early on.
Ok thanks guys. I was starting to think the requirements were somehow based on the current levels where I was basically walking myself into a corner. It's not all bad I guess because there are advantages to having a nice balance but I really want to put out a bit more damage and I just can't push through. All in good time...

deadduck

Mag for my Vector:

38 clip / 12% increase damage
or...
40 clip / 40% increase ROF

These are the type of things that keep me in BoO long after my play sessions are over.

I prefer weapon damage on vector, has a small mag even at 38-40 but a fast RoF and a long reload time. More damage per clip, less reloading.

ROF on AK, mp5... Stuff with larger clips.

But mine wasn't 😏

Awesome.

On another note, we need a GAF defence force, for when solo players get good loot in the DZ and want to get it out.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Considering getting this on PS4 since the PC hacking is getting so bad in the DZ. Im encountering people every night now doing it. Has anyone else on PC experienced this?

Kadin

Considering getting this on PS4 since the PC hacking is getting so bad in the DZ. Im encountering people every night now doing it. Has anyone else on PC experienced this?
I can't speak to this specifically as I play on XB1 but I can say I've definitely seen others in here (and on reddit) talking about it a good bit.

Kadin

Just saw this gearing cheat sheet posted on reddit and thought it might be helpful for others who haven't seen it. Pretty hand seeing what you can get on which gear pieces. Don't miss the options up top as well for other specifics.

23qwerty

seriously? hope they crack down on that. haven't been in the dark zone in a week or so so haven't seen anything yet. waiting for a friend to get the game and catch up :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom