• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenden

Banned
I got a First Wave Vector HE drop. It's not perfect, but it's better than about thirty attempted rolls. Deadly, stable, and swift. That'll do, I guess. Sick of wasting mats trying to roll one.

Kadin

I got a First Wave Vector HE drop. It's not perfect, but it's better than about thirty attempted rolls. Deadly, stable, and swift. That'll do, I guess. Sick of wasting mats trying to roll one.
I say that everytime I run dry on mats and then the next day I find myself back at the damn crafting table trying yet again. It's a love/hate relationship for sure. But it keeps me (partially) interested in continuing to play.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I know I've been complaining about the PvE end game here a lot, but after being bullied by a group of players from leaving a farming location in the DZ, I'm fucking done with this game.

Maybe the incursions will fix it and make it worthwhile to play again, but they haven't said what it actually is, when it's coming out, or what you need to even start it in terms of your arbitrary gear score.

So the PvE end game at the moment it's exploiting levels so you can grind Hornet or other bosses for hours on end or be deal with all the bullshit that comes with DZ, including trying to find gold division tech. I hope Massive is happy catering to the hardcore players, because they lost a season pass sale from me today.

k1t4j

I know I've been complaining about the PvE end game here a lot, but after being bullied by a group of players from leaving a farming location in the DZ, I'm fucking done with this game.

Maybe the incursions will fix it and make it worthwhile to play again, but they haven't said what it actually is, when it's coming out, or what you need to even start it in terms of your arbitrary gear score.

So the PvE end game at the moment it's exploiting levels so you can grind Hornet or other bosses for hours on end or be deal with all the bullshit that comes with DZ, including trying to find gold division tech. I hope Massive is happy catering to the hardcore players, because they lost a season pass sale from me today.

This is rapidly turning into a game where you either die as a normal player in the DZ or play for long enough to see yourself become an exploiter.

Kadin

This is rapidly turning into a game where you either die as a normal player in the DZ or play for long enough to see yourself become an exploiter.
I've definitely fallen into the latter camp. In games like this, to me, you have to farm somewhere. Just like the years I spent in D3 going from one popular farm area to the next (after they nerf said areas), I'm doing the same thing here. Gotta grind up all these materials and pray I'll get lucky.

I play solo almost exclusively so the DZ isn't an area I'm playing much of but that'll change at some point.

TUSR

Banned

Back to Destiny. Lets go.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.
Basically the under-plot of The Division.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've definitely fallen into the latter camp. In games like this, to me, you have to farm somewhere. Just like the years I spent in D3 going from one popular farm area to the next (after they nerf said areas), I'm doing the same thing here. Gotta grind up all these materials and pray I'll get lucky.

I play solo almost exclusively so the DZ isn't an area I'm playing much of but that'll change at some point.
Yeah, the problem is I still want to play the game. I did the BK thing for hours and I never want to do that again. But the only way to farm and play the game is in the DZ. Otherwise, you have to find exploits like the Russian Consulate one.

(And hell, D3 has the beauty of the bounty system, rifts, and greater rifts. You never get bored and you never have to "cheese" bosses to get worthwhile drops or mats).

I wouldn't necessarily say it's exploiting, because the game encourages you to treat other players like shit in the DZ. I almost wonder why there isn't a t-bag emote, because I'm sure that's what a lot of players would love to do to you when they kill you.

But I'm literally in a position where I have nothing to do. Less than one month later. I'm one of those "hardcore casual" players who wants to keep playing the game but the game tells me I'm playing it wrong because I don't want to deal with other people. And since I'm basically "playing it wrong", I'm just going to put my 60 bucks into Uncharted 4 instead of into whatever content Massive develops for this game.

Back to Destiny. Lets go.
Only if you carry me, Kirito-sama!

TUSR

Banned
Only if you carry me, Kirito-sama!
Bro im not Kirito.
4dFqKab.jpg

Well the rehabilitated talent is basically god mode with my 98k Health / 55 Armor.
I'm guessing it will get patched soon but it fun being invincible for now :p

Achamian

So I got a HE body armour drop from challenge mission yesterday which means I don't have to worry about the ridiculous grind to dz 50 yay! That shit can take me weeks now lol

I fully embraced the dark side and killed about 9-10 players tonight in the Dark Zone.

In about an hour of play I was able to level up two ranks just from that XP. Delicious.

Surviving rogue status sure is the best way to level up. So close to rank 50 now!
Welcome, my friend. Welcome to the dark side.

Sober

But I'm literally in a position where I have nothing to do. Less than one month later. I'm one of those "hardcore casual" players who wants to keep playing the game but the game tells me I'm playing it wrong because I don't want to deal with other people. And since I'm basically "playing it wrong", I'm just going to put my 60 bucks into Uncharted 4 instead of into whatever content Massive develops for this game.
I'm of the same mind about the endgame. There really is a lack of anything to do besides DZ or exploit farming. I really doubt a raid which they claim they haven't finished yet in the office is gonna mean much to the people who are actually poopsocking. I mean that's why raids in WoW unlock entire wings piecemeal and only let you have one reset per week, otherwise you would just burn through it too fast.

TUSR

Banned
Recalibrated HE backpack

Selected the new mod I wanted

It rolled a different one.

This has happened multiple times between a few people I know, is it a known bug?

There is basically no difference in farming DZ, farming CM or farming bosses for drops atm due the massive lack of end-game content.

At this point I'd rather go and farm Hornet for a few hours than step into the DZ or do CM runs, because the way it works right now, it's easier to get decent loot off a boss farm rather than the end game DZ and CM.

What are Accolade bonuses?

Bonus xp for getting headshots, kill streaks etc. The talent that increases the accolades xp is useless once you get to level 30.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm of the same mind about the endgame. There really is a lack of anything to do besides DZ or exploit farming. I really doubt a raid which they claim they haven't finished yet in the office is gonna mean much to the people who are actually poopsocking. I mean that's why raids in WoW unlock entire wings piecemeal and only let you have one reset per week, otherwise you would just burn through it too fast.
I'm like a broken record on this, but in a world where Diablo 3 RoS exists, there really is no excuse for making a loot game with no repeatable end game farming content. Or at least one that isn't filled with frustration and makes someone like me hate the game that I was really enjoying when I was just playing through the campaign.

There is basically no difference in farming DZ, farming CM or farming bosses for drops atm due the massive lack of end-game content.

At this point I'd rather go and farm Hornet for a few hours than step into the DZ or do CM runs, because the way it works right now, it's easier to get decent loot off a boss farm rather than the end game DZ and CM.
It's true, but at least with DZ routes, I'm actually doing something and playing the game. Even Destiny material farming is more fun than simply killing the same boss over and over again because you still have to think a little bit.
It's not as mind numbing as BK farming I guess, but it seems awfully close.

I fully embraced the dark side and killed about 9-10 players tonight in the Dark Zone.

In about an hour of play I was able to level up two ranks just from that XP. Delicious.

Surviving rogue status sure is the best way to level up. So close to rank 50 now!

I've found the quickest way to survive a level 5 manhunt is to kill everybody until they just give up and run away.

Khasim

It's really baffling that a company these days can screw up endgame so badly. Exploits and bugs will always be there, but the fact that they are so much faster and more effective than playing the normal endgame content is just horrible. I loved this game while I was levelling and getting better and better gear, but now when I level up in DZ (rank 30 ATM) and/or do challenge modes with decent HE gear knowing that upgrading from now on will require either ridiculous luck or ridiculous amount of boring farming because of RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG, I just lose the urge to play, especially where the DZ is full of bugged mobs and bug-exploiting Rogue assholes. I started a second character recently and I'm having way more fun than on my main.

Why couldn't they just copy the system from World of Warcraft, where they had 10 years of experience and that has a system that works is beyond me. World of Warcraft has had many problems for the past years, but the loot acquisition design was rarely one of them. Your gear is also not useless if it doesn't match your preferred stats in 90%.

It's true, but at least with DZ routes, I'm actually doing something and playing the game. Even Destiny material farming is more fun than simply killing the same boss over and over again because you still have to think a little bit.
It's not as mind numbing as BK farming I guess, but it seems awfully close.

Yeah but what you're doing, you're doing it for loot.

The boss farm is more beneficial and has a better chance of actually giving you loot that you can use, even though it can feel redundant and repetitive, when the primary goal is to get loot, in the end players will take the shortest and fastest path to it.

Also with boss farm there is no one to steal or deny you that loot. Personally, I haven't got anything worthwhile from running DZ apart from the BP's I bought from DZ vendors. Not even a fucking Midas which seems to be dropping left and right for a ton of other players. Whereas the Hornet farm has proven to have a higher rate of dropping HE gear, especially sniper rifles that you can't get from other places nor craft it.

You can't even go to DZ05 and 06 right now because they are bugged out and the named bosses don't respawn.

The thing that sets Diablo apart from Division and Destiny is that Blizzard actually has devs who play their game.

Brakara

Is there a way to acquire good sniper scopes, or have I just been unlucky as during playing the game I've only found one worn level 19 one (I'm level 30 now) ?

You can't even go to DZ05 and 06 right now because they are bugged out and the named bosses don't respawn.

Farmed DZ6 and some of DZ5 last night and had no issues with named bosses respawning.

The only issues we had were around the Q building which has nothing but a DZ box.

noomi

Be brave

Killing other agents is the fastest way to level up.

Found a decent farm loop yesterday, but eventually other players showed up and screwed us up.

Guess it's time to start going rogue a bit more. I really can't wait to have access to that DZ06 Vendor blueprints already.

I have 23 yellow divtech burning a hole in my pocket.

I have a Magazine with +100.50% mag size and +13.50% weapon dmg.Is this good for the AK or should I go for +RPM?

That's an amazing mag :eek:

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah but what you're doing, you're doing it for loot.

The boss farm is more beneficial and has a better chance of actually giving you loot that you can use, even though it can feel redundant and repetitive, when the primary goal is to get loot, in the end players will take the shortest and fastest path to it.

Also with boss farm there is no one to steal or deny you that loot. Personally, I haven't got anything worthwhile from running DZ apart from the BP's I bought from DZ vendors. Not even a fucking Midas which seems to be dropping left and right for a ton of other players. Whereas the Hornet farm has proven to have a higher rate of dropping HE gear, especially sniper rifles that you can't get from other places nor craft it.

The thing that sets Diablo apart from Division and Destiny is that Blizzard actually has devs who play their game.

I just want to play a video game. If I wanted to sit there and mindlessly press buttons, I'd just play a free to play mobile game or a Facebook game (do they still make Farmville?).

Yes, Hornet farming is the easiest. But it's also the dullest, and it requires using an exploit. What happens when they patch the mobile cover glitch? PvE players are fucked again?

For me, if this is how they are treating PvE players, then I know I can't trust them with to buy a season pass. Bungie already tricked me once with their season pass scam. I'm not going to put my faith in an unknown developer who clearly doesn't know what they're doing.

I just want to play a video game. If I wanted to sit there and mindlessly press buttons, I'd just play a free to play mobile game or a Facebook game (do they still make Farmville?).

Yes, Hornet farming is the easiest. But it's also the dullest, and it requires using an exploit. What happens when they patch the mobile cover glitch? PvE players are fucked again?

For me, if this is how they are treating PvE players, then I know I can't trust them with to buy a season pass. Bungie already tricked me once with their season pass scam. I'm not going to put my faith in an unknown developer who clearly doesn't know what they're doing.

I've gotten access to more weapons in one day of farming Hornet than 2 entire weeks of playing the game. Blueprints are barely an option considering how many weapons aren't available from anything but drops. Even after all that farming I'm still barely better off in terms of variety in my inventory.

deadduck

I like rogue hunting and going on the front foot. A group of 4 were killing solos at extract, so I chased them down.

In the firefight I clipped a player and went rogue, suddenly I'm another target. Mistakes were made, collateral damage is terrible but it can also strike fear into the enemy. I hope he got the loot.

Excuse the running into walls.

https://youtu.be/V8-k1cMNyyw

Lima

Could be a PS4 issue, but ever since the BK patch, named bosses in DZ05-06 don't respawn, except the one in the Pit.

It's a server issue mainly. Doesn't have anything to do with platform. Like some servers have people in the Q building and on most it is empty.

Any fresh DZ lvl 30 players looking for a decent SMG, go to DZ03 safe house.

The vendor is selling a superior First Wave Vector 45 ACP with Vicious and Responsive. Only 9179 DZ credits.

This is good for those who don't have a lot of Phoenix Credits to buy the Vector/AK blueprints from BoO.

It's a server issue mainly. Doesn't have anything to do with platform. Like some servers have people in the Q building and on most it is empty.

But that would affect the other DZ zones too, right? Why only DZ05-06 having this issue?

Every day since the BK patch, those names bosses just refuse to respawn, no matter if you join another server or join a friend.

I can also confirm this on PS4, we were in dz05 & 06 with no named bosses to show.

Yeah I've had a number of friends report the same.

SkylineRKR

Any fresh DZ lvl 30 players looking for a decent SMG, go to DZ03 safe house.

The vendor is selling a superior First Wave Vector 45 ACP with Vicious and Responsive. Only 9179 DZ credits.

This is good for those who don't have a lot of Phoenix Credits to buy the Vector/AK blueprints from BoO.

I saw it yesterday, love that gun. But i'll have enough PC for the print today so i take that first.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've gotten access to more weapons in one day of farming Hornet than 2 entire weeks of playing the game. Blueprints are barely an option considering how many weapons aren't available from anything but drops. Even after all that farming I'm still barely better off in terms of variety in my inventory.

I'm just saying, if their end game is asking people to find glitches in order to kill the same boss over and over again, then clearly their design doc should be burned in a fire. :p

Like someone above said, it's more fun to create a new character and replay the campaign than it is to play the game once you reach level 30. How do you make a game like that?

Namikaze1

I enjoy trolling folks who kill me with the HE performance mods I always get from named dudes. I rarely extract them since none that has dropped have been better than the ones I've crafted. Using them to troll rogues is so fun. Can imagine their reaction upon seeing that golden light only to find it's a freaking mod when picking it up.

Klyka

Banned
I'm just saying, if their end game is asking people to find glitches in order to kill the same boss over and over again, then clearly their design doc should be burned in a fire. :p

Like someone above said, it's more fun to create a new character and replay the campaign than it is to play the game once you reach level 30. How do you make a game like that?

Their endgame isn't asking anyone to use exploits.
People use them on their own volition, not because they are forced to by the game.

I have not used a single exploit or boss farm, I have 80+ hours played and I am fully high end equipped. My friends and I go into the DZ every day or we do some dailies or sometimes just run whatever CM we feel like.
I also do that when I am playing solo.
If I matchmake into a group that exploits, I leave, cause it's boring.

I've been playing a little less lately because I don't really care that much about loot at this point and I want to jump in harder again when the update with new content is out.

noomi

I enjoy trolling folks who kill me with the HE performance mods I always get from named dudes. I rarely extract them since none that has dropped have been better than the ones I've crafted. Using them to troll rogues is so fun. Can imagine their reaction upon seeing that golden light only to find it's a freaking mod when picking it up.

Turn on proximity chat

"Oh man, I gotta extract this high end First Wave Sniper fast!!!"

*get killed*

*drop trendy military pants*

lulz

Warrengate is fine although you cannot blaze through it like you can with Lexington.

Don't listen to him, it's a trap.

Went in with a random group on the last rotation as an 90/80/15 build with only a few slots filled with HE. After 2.5 hours and lots of wipes we made it.... just.

Loads of fun so long as you control the shotguns. Also surprising how many people quit if they wipe at the first checkpoint. It gets easier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom