• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then there would be no reason to buy blueprints. Basically what you are asking for is why you craft a new one from a BP.

Because then all anyone would want in terms of gear is one base level 31 item, and then they'd just endlessly farm PC to reconfigure it to be perfect.

NO no , what i want is to be able to change 1 category in a item ( like it is now ) , revert back to default before the change, then change something else.

I don't want to change everything on a gear , i want to be able to try something , see if it works , then try something else , i repeat , not every category at once , just one

void666

Banned
Why are they jerks, exactly? They are playing the game as intended, and having fun as well.

You don't have to be a jerk. If you want to bully other players it's on you. Yes, it's a valid playstyle. Being an asshole is allowed. But don't expect sympathy from those having their fun ruined.
Minding your own business without harassing other players is also playing the game as intended.

LiK

I'm down, I want to go Rogue Hunting with Ruthless

I did the same thing, I was up to 176k DPS, My Vector has Ferocious on it though which Requires electronics so I too have switched to Running Pulse now. Rocking 143k DPS, 64K Health and 22K Skill. I have no problem running challenge and seem to die less now. Armor is also up to 55% so that helps.

I don't even have my first Rogue kill. Hope to join you guys tonight if you're in for it. I tried finding Rogues solo last night before joining but DZ is so empty.

Deku Tree

The problem with gear brackets in the DZ is that it's exactly my like SBMM and it makes it not fun to play with your friends who may be worse geared.

TsuWave

thinking about getting rid of the electronics stat and just stack firearms and stamina because of how fast time to kill is for some agents in the DZ. electronics only seems viable when you're running in a group.

kriskrosbbk

Guys ,are all HE backpacks the same (looking wise). I crafted few of them which have different name but all look the same .Plastic shell of some sort. Crappy look overall.

Tawpgun

thinking about getting rid of the electronics stat and just stack firearms and stamina because of how fast time to kill is for some agents in the DZ. electronics only seems viable when you're running in a group.
Don't underestimate an electronics tank build

Another option would be to stack electronics and use Sticky Bomb.

Since most people have been stacking health and armor, from my best guess, this cuts right through it. Unless they've also stacked Exotic, which would require god-tier rolls to be able to hit all three.

But that raises a question: what are the current numbers to reach for a PvP build?

ch4fx_

I did the same thing, I was up to 176k DPS, My Vector has Ferocious on it though which Requires electronics so I too have switched to Running Pulse now. Rocking 143k DPS, 64K Health and 22K Skill. I have no problem running challenge and seem to die less now. Armor is also up to 55% so that helps.

I'll tweak my things tonight and see how high I can get my skill power. Am I correct in thinking that the higher my skill power, the faster they will cool down? Or does skill power only make them more efficient & I'd need skill haste reduction mods to reduce cool downs?

You don't have to be a jerk. If you want to bully other players it's on you. Yes, it's a valid playstyle. Being an asshole is allowed. But don't expect sympathy from those having their fun ruined.
Minding your own business without harassing other players is also playing the game as intended.
I expect no sympathy for being a dastardly rogue in the dz, but at the same time people on the receiving end shouldn't expect sympathy either. This is the dz. This is how it works.

75a6e4635d26603d64b9675c00756014.500x206x21.gif

Decent dark zone run, got a high end mp5, and a high end lmg

Got the final rogue kill I needed, still need to extract from the 3 zones furthest north

Just need those extractions and 9 more collectibles for the Plat I think.

cakely

i have to ask this .. why can't i just recalibrate at will ?

I have a gear i've changed some stats , now i can only change that stat category.

Why not let me pay to reset the gear so i can change another stat in order to try new builds ?

This is silly

"Recalibration" was borrowed from Diablo III Mystic. Pay to re-roll one stat, and from then on, that's the only stat you can re-roll.

Blizzard put in that restriction because otherwise, you'd only ever need to find one weapon, and then re-roll that weapon until it was the absolutely perfect. In a loot game like The Division or Diablo, what would be the point of that? :)

Tendo

So i'm torn on what to spend phoenix credits on next to gear up. I have a pretty nice HE vector I've already crafted. I'm torn between getting a blueprints for a piece of gear or a mod or a liberator to complement my vector. Any advice?

noomi

So i'm torn on what to spend phoenix credits on next to gear up. I have a pretty nice HE vector I've already crafted. I'm torn between getting a blueprints for a piece of gear or a mod or a liberator to complement my vector. Any advice?

Anything except the HE firearms backpack, are you all geared up in terms of armor already?

sgtmofo

Neo Member
Is anyone else noticing other players health bars in the DZ not updating quickly? There's been some rogues I've come across that became downed, but still showed over half health before dropping to the ground.

Hjod

Banned
So two of my friends dinged 30 yesterday and they wanted to go with me to the DZ for a bit. I did not expect them to start shooting at the first player they saw. I told them to run when we went rouge, I tried to keep our backs clear while they ran, so they got a head of me. Suddenly they both died from a sticky I guess. So I ran in the other direction, I ran straight into an dead end, and I got fucking swarmed haha.

Video of the short man hunt.

http://youtu.be/zTe3TWw60MU

Lmao, I just did the daily mission and there was a weird matchmaking bug. I did the mission with like 20 other players instead of 3.

I heard after that it's a known glitch but that was the first time it happened to me. Funny and quick play.

void666

Banned
Me and my team did warrengate CM yesterday, no wipes. Feels so good.
I have fun doing CM. It's hard but never frustrating.
I don't remember enjoying nightfalls (destiny) as much as i do CM.

Only CM we still need to complete is russian consulate.

Special C

Guys, if the game is getting dull it's totally ok to play something else for a couple of weeks until the new content drops. I went on vacation this week and doubt I will play again when I get back until the content update. No need to stress about falling behind.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Right guys I want opinions on what to use in regards to SMG. I'll be using it with Pulse and Smart Cover/First Aid.

• Lvl 31 Navy MP5 N - 7414 DMG - Fierce, Deadly, Talented
  • Lvl 31 Navy MP5 N - 7442 DMG - Talented, Capable, Predatory
  • Lvl 31 Navy MP5 N - 7964 DMG - Vicious, Accurate, Fierce
  • Lvl 30 Tactial AUG - 8765 DMG - Accurate, Deadly, Adept
  • Lvl 30 Tactial AUG - 8802 DMG - Dominant, Self-Preserved, Capable
  • Lvl 31 Vector 45 ACP - 8869 DMG - Talented, Dominant, Descructive
  • Lvl 31 Vector 45 ACP - 9497 DMG - Restored, Dominant, Vicious
  • Lvl 31 Vector 45 ACP - 9484 DMG - Self-Preserved, Provident, Determined

phen0m24

Hit 30 Monday and got my first HE last night.

Yup.
A mod.

But now my ACR is doing over 70k
which I know is pitiful but not to me just yet
DPS.

Thanks deafmedal for the assist last night bro

Deku Tree

Last night I joined on Cosmos while he was doing Warrengate Challenge mode.

Turned out there were a dozen players doing this mission. We did it like 5-6 times. Each run took like 10-15 minutes. Some random seemed to know exactly what they were doing, and could precisely keep replicating the three team glitch over and over really quickly even when people left. We were gonna keep going until they stopped. But the players who knew how to replicate the glitch left and then everybody left and the party was over.

Got back up to almost 500 PC after spending all my PC the other day.

LiK

Turned out there were a dozen players doing this mission. We did it like 5-6 times. Each run took like 10-15 minutes. Some random seemed to know exactly what they were doing, and could precisely keep replicating the three team glitch over and over really quickly even when people left. We were gonna keep going until they stopped. But the players who knew how to replicate the glitch left and then everybody left and the party was over.

Wow

Take it while you can... It is bound to be fixed soon.

I feel like the DZ really needs a lot more verticality to make it interesting. I know there are limits with the city, but man, the area itself is super boring.

Some of the actual Story missions used verticality a lot better. Fighting through rooftops, overpasses/railways, etc.

I also realized that, if they gave an actual server browser for the DZ, it might solve some of the complaints regarding PvP.

Having "low/med/high" population indicators is crucial in a lot of open world survival games. It essentially lets you decide whether or not you want to interact with a lot of people. I know adding a browser would go against the seamless quality of the DZ, but I think it would make the DZ more enjoyable for a wider range. Sometimes its nice to play in a hectic insane high pop server, sometimes its nice to stroll around with little risk of other players.

I feel like the DZ really needs a lot more verticality to make it interesting. I know there are limits with the city, but man, the area itself is super boring.

Some of the actual Story missions used verticality a lot better. Fighting through rooftops, overpasses/railways, etc.

Dz4-6 have some vertical areas. Quite a few actually.

One of which happens to be our favorite place to bunker down during a manhunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom