• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
No carebears allowed in this thread, please.

This attitude here needs to stop. Everyone's opinions and feelings are welcome and can be openly discussed here.

Its bad enough the OT OP does this we don't need everyone making people feeling alienated here. This is DivisionGAF, we are a community and we need to be welcoming and helpful to grow this community. Not divide it.

Bizazedo

Then there needs to be a "Light Zone" where you can still form free roam hunting parties that wander around killing bosses and looting chests, free from the PVP nonsense. That gameplay structure is not replicated in the story map.
That's the exact thought process that destroyed Ultima Online.

Get better at the game.
So standing in the middle of the street and one-shotting multiple people is a skill? Neat.

I get that your joy from this game comes out of greifing people in the DZ and that's fine. The issue is that gear discrepancies makes some encounters very unbalanced. People who are a fresh 30 have no chance going against people who have been playing DZ since launch. It's not a matter of skill, it's a matter of obtaining similar gear. Once that's on a similar level, then it becomes a matter of skill.

It's a different story (and way more fun) when you are battling it out with Rouges and people are dropping on both sides. That is a blast. The issue is that the best gear is in the DZ and you need to get to level 50 to obtain it. However that also means you are going to be at a disadvantage in the DZ up until that point and it's a grind getting there.

This attitude here needs to stop. Everyone's opinions and feelings are welcome and can be openly discussed here.

Its bad enough the OT OP does this we don't need everyone making people feeling alienated here.
There is no room for feelings in the dark zone.
There isn't any high end divtech either.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Can't believe so many people want to get rid of the best part of the game...dark zone. I'd rather deal with humans who are sneaky, unpredictable and fun to fight then dealing with bullet sponges.

Surviving a manhunt with some mates is awesome, going on a manhunt is great as well. If you don't have the gear to deal with it, go get it! It's not that hard and you can't still have fun without it. It's not like you get ganked every second. I've gone hours without getting trolled or killed.

That's the exact thought process that destroyed Ultima Online.

I know! There are so many PvE online rpg type games out there, glad there's one with good pvp. Not having a good pvp component was what killed city of heroes for me way back when. This is the closest thing we have to a user friendly Dayz on console, so I'm happy.

Haint

So standing in the middle of the street and one-shotting multiple people is a skill? Neat.

I get that your joy from this game comes out of greifing people in the DZ and that's fine. The issue is that gear discrepancies makes some encounters very unbalanced. People who are a fresh 30 have no chance going against people who have been playing DZ since launch. It's not a matter of skill, it's a matter of obtaining similar gear. Once that's on a similar level, then it becomes a matter of skill.

It's a different story (and way more fun) when you are battling it out with Rouges and people are dropping on both sides. That is a blast. The issue is that the best gear is in the DZ and you need to get to level 50 to obtain it. However that also means you are going to be at a disadvantage in the DZ up until that point and it's a grind getting there.

Actually it's a matter of who abused the best exploits the earliest and longest.

Klyka

Banned

Its bad enough the OT OP does this we don't need everyone making people feeling alienated here. This is DivisionGAF, we are a community and we need to be welcoming and helpful to grow this community. Not divide it.

It's just a joke, I don't care how people play their games.

Bizazedo

Agreed, people just got bored of it. Such a great game, we must both be really old hahahaha
You say this and yet want it to be an even playing field. That doesn't really make sense.

And for everyone else, it's possible to solo NOW in the DZ. If you can't it's either bad luck or....

Then there needs to be a "Light Zone" where you can still form free roam hunting parties that wander around killing bosses and looting chests, free from the PVP nonsense. That gameplay structure is not replicated in the story map.

holy shit.

no. just no.

I think people are failing to take into consideration the setting that this game takes place in. A post-apocalyptic world is not a nice place. In a world where people are killing each other for food and water, or anything that might help them survive for that matter, why would anything be like a walk in the park?

Animator

I am not having any fun in DZ anymore because it is literally a fight against people you have no chance against unless you play this game for a living and min maxed your gear. Pretty much everyone I run into takes an entire clip to the face from my vector or mp5 (I have 140k dps) and that shaves off like one quarter off their health bar if I am lucky then they turn around and melt me in a second.

I have like 90k stamina and %55 dmg reduction from armor too so I am not going in there with 20k health glass cannon style either. They need to figure something out because at this rate this game will bleed players pretty fast. I am already looking forward to shelving it as soon as DS3 is out.

You say this and yet want it to be an even playing field. That doesn't really make sense.

And for everyone else, it's possible to solo NOW in the DZ. If you can't it's either bad luck or....

I am just understanding how people feel when they get steamrolled and can't really do anything about it. A more decent playing field would definitely help, its totally unbalanced as it is now since I have found plenty of Level 15-25 players that have no chance at all.

It is definitely an amazing experiment in online gaming, but it needs some refinement so things don't get too unfair.

I have seen my fair share of checkpoint camping, and that is the epitome of what the DZ needs to avoid in future updates somehow.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

i3eLl.gif

Thought I was sleeping carebear?

Bizazedo

I am not having any fun in DZ anymore because it is literally a fight against people you have no chance against unless you play this game for a living and min maxed your gear. Pretty much everyone I run into takes an entire clip to the face from my vector or mp5 (I have 140k dps) and that shaves off like one quarter off their health bar if I am lucky then they turn around and melt me in a second.

I have like 90k stamina and %55 dmg reduction from armor too so I am not going in there with 20k health glass cannon style either. They need to figure something out because at this rate this game will bleed players pretty fast. I am already looking forward to shelving it as soon as DS3 is out.
140k? Are they glowing blue briefly before you shoot? Do you play on PC? I ask because it sounds like you should be fine.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America

Do what I do, survivor link and run lol. Also, you can handle the the PvE portion easily with none DZ gear anyway, so it's not like you really need to go in there if you want. Basically guys are being greedy and want the best stuff but don't want to pay dark zone price ;)

Klyka

Banned
Where do you guys play that you all seem to be running into the top 5% of players?

My friends and I regularly fight against totally normal dudes who take damage and do damage but we never meet any crazy ubergods

at the point where any drops other than high end are useless and it's made dark zone more of a slog

I log on to do the dailies but I don't even know what to spend the Phoenix credits on .. game is lacking carrots for me

I have seen my fair share of checkpoint camping, and that is the epitome of what the DZ needs to avoid in future updates somehow.
Literally impossible to avoid this without breaking the tension and flow of the entire zone. Some manhunts and rogues end up shifting, either purposely or accidentally, towards a checkpoint or saferoom, and people die and spawn right there only to rejoin the fight.

Some of the best encounters I've been in were close to a checkpoint, as people just kept coming outside to keep fighting.

Olengie

I am able to solo the DZ just fine. I only come into conflict with other players when Im actively hunting for Rogues since some moght decide to kill you instead.

When neutrals are around or are lit up with my pulse, Im prepared and wary.

Bizazedo

Where do you guys play that you all seem to be running into the top 5% of players?

My friends and I regularly fight against totally normal dudes who take damage and do damage but we never meet any crazy ubergods
Basically. Like above, Animator should be able to wreck people with that build unless he is shooting at people with survivor link triggered and doesn't realize it.

This.

The other night my group ran into a single guy who melted all of us. Other than that, I've yet to experience something like that.

Literally impossible to avoid this without breaking the tension and flow of the entire zone. Some manhunts and rogues end up shifting, either purposely or accidentally, towards a checkpoint or saferoom, and people die and spawn right there only to rejoin the fight.

Some of the best encounters I've been in were close to a checkpoint, as people just kept coming outside to keep fighting.

Yes but when those players then sit out at that checkpoint or safe house and leaving means death in a second it breaks the game.

That player literally has to log out and back in and hope for a new server just so they can go IN the DZ.

This.

The other night my group ran into a single guy who melted all of us. Other than that, I've yet to experience something like that.

Yeah I think people need to specify the platform they are playing on when they discuss these issues.

The PC is rampant with hacks, glitches and exploits, from clipping in and out buildings to immortality. It really sucks and that is probably what Massive should focus on first, those poor PC players :(

Bizazedo

This.

And to be blunt, that was our fault. We were surprised and fought him dumb /single file.

Knowing what you are doing counts for so much.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Yes but when those players then sit out at that checkpoint or safe house and leaving means death in a second it breaks the game.

That player literally has to log out and back in and hope for a new server just so they can go IN the DZ.

Guess what. There are more checkpoints than one. They also allow fast traveling. Oh and safe houses all have three exits on different sides.

You don't run blindly into a meat grinder and then complain that it's too good at grinding meat.

Sleeper carebears are the worst.

Granadier #1 Sleeper Carebear

Only thing worse than Sleeper Carebears is my lack of punctuation.

Only red pandas?

Correct.

Guess what. There are more checkpoints than one. They also allow fast traveling. Oh and safe houses all have three exits on different sides.

You don't run blindly into a meat grinder and then complain that it's too good at grinding meat.

Its nothing more than respawn camping IMO, it doesn't fly in any other game, it shouldn't fly here.

Can you even fast travel to another checkpoint if you have contaminated items?

Bizazedo

Each checkpoint has like three exits and you can pick a different checkpoint. If that problem occurs, it is either on them or they are up against 8 people.

theWB27

Had a good encounter in the dark zone about an hour ago.

Me and a random clear out an extraction. He shoots me in the back before I put my stuff on. No biggie because I was gonna dismantle everything anyway.

I respawn and find him in the sewer. He goes on the run, I chase after him and I swear I have him on the brink a couple times.

His rogue status goes away and I still try, to no avail, to kill him.

Respawn again and I see he and another guy going after some npcs. He gets dropped and I finish him. I take off running. Apparently I didn't get far because he found me again and dropped me.

I'm sure he could hear me laughing. Such good stuff out there.

Btw massive...please keep the dark zone the way it is. If people want good gear they have challenges to go after. Any dumbing down of the zone and it'll be a sad thing.

I started there solo while all those explores were happening and have still managed to make my way to rank 40. That's a mix a challenges and killing everything in the lower dark zones.

Animator

Do what I do, survivor link and run lol. Also, you can handle the the PvE portion easily with none DZ gear anyway, so it's not like you really need to go in there if you want. Basically guys are being greedy and want the best stuff but don't want to pay dark zone price ;)

You do need to go into DZ though since %80 of the HE blueprints in the game require division tech to build. It is not like there is anything to do in the PvE portion of the game once you hit end game past running the same three challenge missions over and over.

Had a good encounter in the dark zone about an hour ago.

Me and a random clear out an extraction. He shoots me in the back before I put my stuff on. No biggie because I was gonna dismantle everything anyway.

I respawn and find him in the sewer. He goes on the run, I chase after him and I swear I have him on the brink a couple times.

His rogue status goes away and I still try, to no avail, to kill him.

Respawn again and I see he and another guy going after some npcs. He gets dropped and I finish him. I take off running. Apparently I didn't get far because he found me again and dropped me.

I'm sure he could hear me laughing. Such good stuff out there.

Btw massive...please keep the dark zone the way it is. If people want good gear they have challenges to go after. Any dumbing down of the zone and it'll be a sad thing.

I started there solo while all those explores were happening and have still managed to make my way to rank 40. That's a mix a challenges and killing everything in the lower dark zones.
A lot of it has to do with people whining that they can't just be handed the best gear. They don't want to have to actually work for it.

holygeesus

Banned
What is the quickest way to get money after reaching level 30? I've sold literally everything I own and pick up, barring my load out.

Edit - regular money not DZ.

Iceman829

Amazing how one gear change can improve so much. Navy MP5 before and after a knee pad change with some better attributes.

Headshot crits - 12,000
Bodyshot crits - 7,500

After the change

Headshot crits - 45,000
Bodyshot crits - 34,000

Hopefully now this gun will feel more useful.

Very nice! What did you end up swapping out?

Yo Ice and VE3TRO, it's Dom. Stupid old GAF name I have had for years.

More info on Incursions coming in tomorrow? Definitely hype.

Yep, new info on the way tomorrow. If it means anything I still look for Stallion on my friends list when I go to invite you. Consolidate those names man.

Bizazedo

You do need to go into DZ though since %80 of the HE blueprints in the game require division tech to build. It is not like there is anything to do in the PvE portion of the game once you hit end game past running the same three challenge missions over and over.
Agreed, the PvE part needs buffing...but the guy who got 400 high end DT did it solo in a scavenging build.

Those are two different issues that need fixed, but destroying the DZ is not how to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom