• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the idea of making an alt just to go rogue in the DZ. Considering how much XP you actually gain from surviving rogue, I feel like the penalty if you die is completely insignificant.

Going rogue is actually my favorite thing to do now. I love running the DZ with my group and looking for people to kill. That feeling when you come across another full group and you can just tell that we are each sizing each other up waiting for someone to shoot... sogood.gif

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
2XrzQER.png

Time to farm..

Klyka

Banned
That's the Intrepid I believe. Its on the west side of the city. Not even sure if you get in there or not.

You can't get in/on there right now cause of an invisble wall in front of it, but it's pretty clear that area will be future content.
There is a LARGE area around it that is all properly designed.

I can't wait until they fix the DZ, as it stands now it is crazy unbalanced. A few rouges are just walking in the street single shot killing everybody like it's nothing. I have never seen anything like that. They take almost no damage, even with explosive bullets and tactical link activated. They are outnumbered and there is nothing anybody can do. It's not even skill or strategy, it's massive gear imbalance.
Get better at the game.

You can't get in/on there right now cause of an invisble wall in front of it, but it's pretty clear that area will be future content.
There is a LARGE area around it that is all properly designed.

That's awesome. Ive been there a few times. Pretty cool place to take the kids.

Haint

Not sure about the gear imbalance (might be exploits) but the DZ sure sucks for people with half decent gear. Should be fixed ASAP.

The issue is Dark Zone appeals primarily to the toxic community of closet sociopaths that get off on trolling and pwning with l33t gearz and hax. It should have been separated into 2 modes with the same content, a strictly PVE and Free For All mode. It's not the 1990's MMO's anymore, unbalanced pwning of noobs is not good game design. The FFA mode would be there for those that want that.

The issue is Dark Zone appeals primarily to the toxic community of closet sociopaths that get off on trolling and pwning with l33t gearz and hax.. It should have separated into 2 modes with the same content, a strictly PVE and Free For All mode. It's not the 1990's MMO's anymore, pwning noobs is not good game design.
There's already an entire section of the map that is strictly PVE- you're missing the point of the dark zone. It's designed for the very things that seem to be bothering you.

EL CUCO

I have a level 6 alt that functions solely as a trader of sort. All useless purples go to him and he then exchanges them for a plethora of blues which I break down for materials on my main.

The trader. That's all he'll EVER be.

Deku Tree

Guy I was playing with last night got the "Dune Jacket" from the Scavanger crate in the BoO last night. OMG. Saved 320 PC. Then I noticed that I had the "ranger jacket" in my inventory, no idea when I picked it up. Saved another 320 PC.

vivftp

I have a level 6 alt that functions solely as a trader of sort. All useless purples go to him and he then exchanges them for a plethora of blues which I break down for materials on my main.

Interesting. Where do you trade purple for blues?

The issue is Dark Zone appeals primarily to the toxic community of closet sociopaths that get off on trolling and pwning with l33t gearz and hax. It should have separated into 2 modes with the same content, a strictly PVE and Free For All mode. It's not the 1990's MMO's anymore, unbalanced pwning of noobs is not good game design.

961.gif

Deku Tree

Too much effort IMHO. I have a level 6 alt and I did the same thing for a while. I also used my alt to get the rouge killer trophy. But it's too boring to sit between all those loading screens. Besides I am happy with my load out and I'm done with crafting for now.

Haint

There's already an entire section of the map that is strictly PVE- you're missing the point of the dark zone. It's designed for the very things that seem to be bothering you.

Bullshit. The story sections/missions map is a completely different structure than the Dark Zone, and it has nothing to do with PVP. The only thing you would lose by quartering DZ into a PVE and PVP mode is you wouldn't be able to steam roll noobs, you'd have to fight other super geared trolls.

Bullshit. The story sections/missions are a completely different structure than the Dark Zone, and it has nothing to do with PVP. The only thing you would lose by quartering DZ into a PVE and PVP mode is you wouldn't be able to steam roll noobs, you'd have to fight other super geared trolls.
Again... You're missing the point of the dark zone entirely. It's by design that anyone at any time could just go on a murder spree. That's what makes it tense and fun.

Bullshit. The story sections/missions map is a completely different structure than the Dark Zone, and it has nothing to do with PVP. The only thing you would lose by quartering DZ into a PVE and PVP mode is you wouldn't be able to steam roll noobs, you'd have to fight other super geared trolls.

You would split the entire community and essentially ruin the entire purpose of the dark zone. Quit asking for this change. It's idiotic.

Ask for massive to make updates to the PvE world.

JDB

Banned
I've played the DZ almost exclusively solo since launch for like 20+ hours and I've barely had any issues with groups going around killing everyone. Hell, I think I've only been killed by others players 6, maybe 7 times. I do think a FFA version of the DZ could be interesting, though.

Kabouter

The only thing you would lose by splitting DZ into a PvE and PvP mode is the DZ. Whenever people want loot, they would just play the PvE version. PvP version would just be a straight up death match, which is boring, because it has none of the tension.

Bizazedo

Ultima Online died, imho, when Trammel came.
Don't make that mistake here, please.

The DZ just needs proper gear based matchmaking. It seems Incursions will add this new "Gear Score" to the game, and hopefully they can integrate that into the DZ matchmaking.

It really doesn't work well when a fresh 30 with blues and like 2 purples gets killed in a second by a group of 4 running 170k+ Vectors.

It doesn't make any sense, that isn't lawlessness or the wild west. It is unbalanced gameplay. Destiny turns off all power advantages in its PvP mode except for Iron Banner.

Going Rogue last night was only really engaging once out of the 4 or 5 encounters I had. Most of the times they were underleveled and unprepared and died in a second. It wasn't until one group that had a decent build (you could see their weapons and armor were HE items) that gave me a fulfilling battle.

The DZ needs this type of matchmaking to make newcomers to the DZ not have to deal with overpowered players and to make going Rogue more challenging and fulfilling.

SonComet

Again... You're missing the point of the dark zone entirely. It's by design that anyone at any time could just go on a murder spree. That's what makes it tense and fun.
I get what you're saying, but I think a good compromise would be making everyone's power the same in PVP in the darkzone. Like the destiny crucible. Sure the better items would still give players an advantage, but as it is now there are people that fresh 30s can't really even damage. It's not fun or tense to have people decked in high end gear just roll you, your group, and other friendly groups, every time you try to extract gear. I'd appreciate it if skill at least had some role in the matter. This is just for the PVP aspect. For PVE items should definetly create a large power gap. Right now there is almost no risk for some decked out rogue players.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Amazing how one gear change can improve so much. Navy MP5 before and after a knee pad change with some better attributes.

Headshot crits - 12,000
Bodyshot crits - 7,500

After the change

Headshot crits - 45,000
Bodyshot crits - 34,000

Hopefully now this gun will feel more useful.

It doesn't make any sense, that isn't lawlessness or the wild west. It is unbalanced gameplay. Destiny turns off all power advantages in its PvP mode except for Iron Banner. Having the DZ run in a way like that would be the best method.
Yikes. And also, no.

That there is praise for destiny's gimped regular pvp is a head scratcher. Iron Banner and Trials are the only pvp modes worth playing.

Haint

The only thing you would lose by splitting DZ into a PvE and PvP mode is the DZ. Whenever people want loot, they would just play the PvE version. PvP version would just be a straight up death match, which is boring, because it has none of the tension.

Then there needs to be a "Light Zone" where you can still form free roam hunting parties that wander around killing bosses and looting chests, free from the PVP nonsense. That gameplay structure is not replicated in the story map.

EL CUCO

Interesting. Where do you trade purple for blues?
With your main, you put the purples you dont need in the stash. Then grab them on your level 6 account and sell them. Buy a bunch of blues and put back in the stash for your main account to grab.
Too much effort IMHO. I have a level 6 alt and I did the same thing for a while. I also used my alt to get the rouge killer trophy. But it's too boring to sit between all those loading screens. Besides I am happy with my load out and I'm done with crafting for now.
This would explain why you aren't doing it anymore ;) The extra material you get is undoubtedly worth waiting through a few loading screens tho. Especially if you're still chasing for better gear.

I just browse GAF while I wait for the game to load, but it doesn't take more than a few minutes usually.

The DZ just needs proper gear based matchmaking. It seems Incursions will add this new "Gear Score" to the game, and hopefully they can integrate that into the DZ matchmaking.

It really doesn't work well when a fresh 30 with blues and like 2 purples gets killed in a second by a group of 4 running 170k+ Vectors.

It doesn't make any sense, that isn't lawlessness or the wild west. It is unbalanced gameplay. Destiny turns off all power advantages in its PvP mode except for Iron Banner.

Going Rogue last night was only really engaging once out of the 4 or 5 encounters I had. Most of the times they were underleveled and unprepared and died in a second. It wasn't until one group that had a decent build (you could see their weapons and armor were HE items) that gave me a fulfilling battle.

The DZ needs this type of matchmaking to make newcomers to the DZ not have to deal with overpowered players and to make going Rogue more challenging and fulfilling.

Couldn't trolls just equip worse gear to get into lower item score brackets? They should use DZ rank as the matchmaking gauge imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom