• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

At the moment, there's new stuff to talk about, but the past couple of months have been pretty bare, which means the thread was mostly just a DGAF chat room. We'd talk about random crap, look for groups and a lot of post-Crucible match shit talking. It was good fun!

I actually remember a time when I was in a DGAF Iron Banner train and we got matched with another DGAF Iron Banner train. Hah. It was rare and so random.

But yeah, that's why the thread moves a lot faster than ours.

yup, i used to post a lot in there. but i soured on that game and i can't bear to talk about it anymore.

Iceman829

Hmm what's this discord thing you guys are talking about?

*edit*

hmm looks like some sort of app for communication with other gamers?

also

Yea. It's a communication app setup with mostly gaming in mind. You can setup a server and can setup multiple lobbies for chat discussions. It also has voice communication. It's a fun app and the phone app works well as well. I had my buddies I used to play an older mmo with switch off facebook chat and we setup a discord. They still play some pc games, so they use it for voice chat as well.

I'm a level 30. Have 50 purple weapons/mods etc. between my inventory and stash that I'm not using. Knowing that I'm mostly just hoping to get better weapons, is there consensus on better approach? Sell vs. deconstruct?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'll say it again, (probably not the last time), but instead of looking at the DZ and making suggestions of how to make it more carebear or PvE friendly you should be crying to revisions to the 2/3's of the map that is basically worthless once all encounters/sidemissions/collectibles are done.

That's the PvE area. You should cry for improvements there.

LiK

I'm a level 30. Have 50 purple weapons/mods etc. between my inventory and stash that I'm not using. Knowing that I'm mostly just hoping to get better weapons, is there consensus on better approach? Sell vs. deconstruct?

deconstruct, you get mad money from doing everything else. i have $200k now that i dunno what to do with.

Deconstruct, deconstruct, deconstruct.

I'm sitting on $1.3mil reg funds and $1mil dz funds and I deconstruct everything I extract in the dz or loot from CMs.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Very nice! What did you end up swapping out?

Yep, new info on the way tomorrow. If it means anything I still look for Stallion on my friends list when I go to invite you. Consolidate those names man.

Just some knee pads which pushed crit dmg up 27.5% and the minors were all 25% resistance to shock, blind and burn. So pretty handy. Now I gotta farm for some high-end DT to craft this 31 chest piece.

Deku Tree

Leave the DZ alone. Love it as is. All suggestions I've heard would ruin it IMHO and make it a less unique and more boring place to be.

WavyStretch

Neo Member
I'll say it again, (probably not the last time), but instead of looking at the DZ and making suggestions of how to make it more carebear or PvE friendly you should be crying to revisions to the 2/3's of the map that is basically worthless once all encounters/sidemissions/collectibles are done.

Yep. Events.

This is a damn good point.

Now that I've completed all main and side missions/encounters and collectibles, the only reason I go to that part of the map is daily missions and fast travel back to home base. It'd be nice to have a reason to explore the majority of the map outside the DZ, but the incentive isn't there at present.

I think the eventual "Underground" DLC portion will accomplish giving us a reason to venture back outside the DZ during end-game but that's paid of course and not until June right?

Olengie

Yes. The PvE area is dead to me besides the farmable materials.

Leave the DZ alone. Love it as is. All suggestions I've heard would ruin it IMHO and make it a less unique and more boring place to be.

The DZ is an amazing part of the game and an exhilarating experience that has very few games that can compare.

However, I just don't understand how matching Level 30s with blues with Level 30s with all HE gear and mods slots being balanced in anyway. Matching people based on skill would help, and leaving the range open enough to allow some one sided fights to keep things tense for all players in that bracket. Like I've said, most fights aren't really satisfying when you steamroll over people. Finding an equipped group and stacking skills against them and them against you keeps the fight going for a few minutes and makes it more tense.

Setting ambushes to landmarks that just came up and guessing where the sheep are herding to is so much fun. Eyeing up the other players knowing they can open fire at anytime is so awesome, chest beating all the time haha

But to think the DZ doesn't require any changes is really silly.

The DZ is an amazing part of the game and an exhilarating experience that has very few games that can compare.

However, I just don't understand how matching Level 30s with blues with Level 30s with all HE gear and mods slots being balanced in anyway. Matching people based on skill would help, and leaving the range open enough to allow some one sided fights to keep things tense for all players in that bracket.

Setting ambushes to landmarks that just came up and guessing where the sheep are herding to is so much fun. Eyeing up the other players knowing they can open fire at anytime is so awesome, chest beating all the time haha

You enjoy herding sheep but find it unfair that people can attack players who are fresh 30s. How does that not contradict?

The dz is designed to be unfair. It's better that way.

Deku Tree

However, I just don't understand how matching Level 30s with blues with Level 30s with all HE gear and mods slots being balanced in anyway. Matching people based on skill would help, and leaving the range open enough to allow some one sided fights to keep things tense for all players in that bracket.

In theory that sounds good, but in practice it doesn't work IMHO. It sounds like SBMM and that makes it impossible for friends of different skill levels to play together and have fun. The DZ is a balancing nightmare, so I say just let it be a lawless free for all. Just get rid of the glitches and the bugs.

The DZ does not require changes. PVE deserves improvements. Do not make the DZ anything less than it already is.

Iceman829

I think people are mad they are locked out of the lvl 50 vendor stashes in the DZ and the HE items that drop. CMs drop plenty of HE items and bosses can drop great weapons, so if you like pve you have ways of obtaining great items to use in the incursions that will be released. You can't expect to obtain every item in the game unless you play all of the content in the game.

Granadier

This is a damn good point.

Now that I've completed all main and side missions/encounters and collectibles, the only reason I go to that part of the map is daily missions and fast travel back to home base. It'd be nice to have a reason to explore the majority of the map outside the DZ, but the incentive isn't there at present.

I think the eventual "Underground" DLC portion will accomplish giving us a reason to venture back outside the DZ during end-game but that's paid of course and not until June right?

Yeah, I hope they make some changes before then. Maybe the April update will include some fresh content outside of Incursions.

I think people are mad they are locked out of the lvl 50 vendor stashes in the DZ and the HE items that drop. CMs drop plenty of HE items and bosses can drop great weapons, so if you like pve you have ways of obtaining great items to use in the incursions that will be released. You can't expect to obtain every item in the game unless you play all of the content in the game.

This is true. I agree with them having certain gear blueprints in the DZ because it makes them more valuable. There is more risk involved with getting those blueprints, and therefore having them feels more rewarding.

Lima

If you get spawn trapped at a checkpoint and somehow still have your high value items that you want to extract before leaving ( I don't even understand how this scenario works as you drop your items upon death but whatever) the game has a solution for you.

Open your map, switch to the matchmaking tab and matchmake for the DZ. Yes this can be done from inside the checkpoints. Now you have switched servers. If you then still get spawn killed by a different group. Aye tough luck homie.

Nailed it. They don't want to have to work for the dz gear and are pissy that other human players can impede their progress.

Archpath1

Standing at extract
Other group " lets throw a flash bang and take his shit huehuehue"

Then my group arrives
" oh man there's more guys, lets not"

I told them i heard everything lol

Scary enough i had yellows on me, i was freaking out

-----
It is a pain in the ass ranking up
It would be cool if they offered a few things at lvl 40DZ though
Large gap and people may not see any yellows drop in that time frame

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

You don't have to go into the DZ as a level 30 with blues. Run some CM and get geared up for DZ. DZ is harder than CMs (at least 2 of the CMs!), especially if you want to do DZ solo (which is a death wish, tbh, if you are a 30 in blues) so this progression only makes sense to me.

Geneijin

If Massive made Division Tech more readily available outside the DZ, people wouldn't ask for changes in the DZ. The endgame is the DZ until they address the D-Tech requirements since chest, gloves, and vests are locked behind it.

You enjoy herding sheep but find it unfair that people can attack players who are fresh 30s. How does that not contradict?

The dz is designed to be unfair. It's better that way.

The issue is you have no idea what their equipment is like. All you can see is their Level and if they're Level 30 they can be 50-200k dps for all you know.

Once again, unlike some I am trying to listen to both sides of the DZ opinions.

In theory that sounds good, but in practice it doesn't work IMHO. It sounds like SBMM and that makes it impossible for friends of different skill levels to play together and have fun. The DZ is a balancing nightmare, so I say just let it be a lawless free for all. Just get rid of the glitches and the bugs.

Yeah its truly commendable to take on such a crazy balancing act. They have done a lot of good so far, but it was by listening to people complaining about how harsh the DZ was. People keep forgetting that Massive listened and reduced the penalty of death and death as a Rogue.

The DZ does not require changes. PVE deserves improvements. Do not make the DZ anything less than it already is.

Dr.Acula

Banned
"raid"-esque ops supposedly. We really have gotten zero info so far.

No one knows. We will know more tomorrow.

Wait, what? So people are excited over something they don't even know what it is? And they named it before saying even what it was?

I get them saying "new mode coming, look for it soon," but they said "Incursions are coming," like I'm supposed to know what an incursion is, like they announced CTF or something.

This is GABBO all over again!

You don't have to go into the DZ as a level 30 with blues. Run some CM and get geared up for DZ. DZ is harder than CMs (at least 2 of the CMs!), especially if you want to do DZ solo (which is a death wish, tbh, if you are a 30 in blues) so this progression only makes sense to me.

Well the game gives you a mission at Level 10 to go to the DZ....

Granadier

If Massive made Division Tech more readily available outside the DZ, people wouldn't ask for changes in the DZ. The endgame is the DZ until they address the D-Tech requirements since chest, gloves, and vests are locked behind it.

D-Tech is only used for blueprints that are from the DZ though. If you have those blueprints than you are already rank 50 in the DZ and should have plenty good gear to allow farming.

I agree that their drop rate or mode of acquiring it should be looked at, but I don't think it should be available anywhere other than the DZ.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Wait, what? So people are excited over something they don't even know what it is? And they named it before saying even what it was?

I get them saying "new mode coming, look for it soon," but they said "Incursions are coming," like I'm supposed to know what an incursion is, like they announced CTF or something.

This is GABBO all over again!

I would pass out from excitement if they added a CTF mode to the game, haha. I just want more PvP. While I love the DZ, it's not really PvP to me because 95% of my kills/deaths have been against people who didn't see it coming (or I didn't see it coming) or when a side was outnumbered (e.g., chasing a rogue). I'd love some actual PvP where both sides were equal and expecting a fight.

But that is the point. You're not supposed to know who is a badass and who is fresh meat. This does not need changed.

Yes but I was addressing the fact that I don't know they were Level 30s with blues when I steamrolled them, so I can't be hypocritical when I don't know if they are low level or not.

If I knew they were low level I wouldn't attack and go after the highly geared players for more rewarding encounters.

Dark Zone Tip of Evil: If a player is looking at their watch it means they are in the menu, its time to attack :)

D-Tech is only used for blueprints that are from the DZ though. If you have those blueprints than you are already rank 50 in the DZ and should have plenty good gear to allow farming.

I agree that their drop rate or mode of acquiring it should be looked at, but I don't think it should be available anywhere other than the DZ.
Agreed. Their drop rate needs further adjustment, but they should not be allowed to be gained outside the dark zone.

But that is the point. You're not supposed to know who is a badass and who is fresh meat. This does not need changed.

Yup, you take that chance when you decide to attack another agent and I wouldn't want that changed.

However, I would like the names of other agents to appear over their heads a bit faster, especially when they walk/roll in front of your gunfire.

If I'm chasing an agent I don't want to stop and aim at him/her to see the name, that's annoying.

Granadier

People keep forgetting that Massive listened and reduced the penalty of death and death as a Rogue.

Correct, they did. But they did that to increase the amount of people going rogue and to increase the amount of tension and chaos. Not to reduce it in any way.

Is there a way around that Backpack Blueprint glitch? If I buy one, am I screwed, or is it just a possibility?

Just make sure that you have less than half of your HE backpack filled before logging out and you should be fine.

The issue is you have no idea what their equipment is like. All you can see is their Level and if they're Level 30 they can be 50-200k dps for all you know.

Once again, unlike some I am trying to listen to both sides of the DZ opinions.

If they're in the DZ with 50k DPS, that's on them.

Just like in PvE where you shouldn't take on Challenging until you have a nice amount of purple gear equipped, at the least, the same goes for the DZ.

It's not the place to get your easy starter gear. Or it is, if you want, but fully accept that the possibility of someone going rogue is there.

hunchback

I'm just starting out and have a few questions. Did you solo most of the PvE mission's?
I'm at the point where I'm unlocking the medical and tech wings of the base. I'm level 5 but when I try to solo the Lincoln tunnel which unlocks the security or tech wing, I get slaughtered. It says it's for level 5 agents.

Should I hook up with randoms and complete them that way or should I do side missions and over level myself so I can do it solo? All of my equipment is green and I have 2 blue weapons. My dps is only 2 thousand.

Thank you in advance for any info or tips.

Yup, you take that chance when you decide to attack another agent and I wouldn't want that changed.

However, I would like the names of other agents to appear over their heads a bit faster, especially when they walk/roll in front of your gunfire.

If I'm chasing an agent I don't want to stop and aim at him/her to see the name, that's annoying.

I love the emergent gameplay that comes from the DZ.

Remembering names is probably the most important thing to do when going Rogue. Knowing that the person arriving at your extraction was the person you killed a few minutes ago is vital to getting the drop on them.

Also, make sure to eye them up! HE gear has that yellow division colour outline and you can easily see the weapon they have equipped and their secondary on their back. Learning to eye someone up quickly to make that decision to attack is so much fun ahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom