• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnCYQ

Walk outside.
Fast travel to a different dz checkpoint.
Unless you happen to have contaminated HE gear that you want to extract. In which case you either give it up by deleting it when you leave the dark zone, or you log off for like 30mins and hope you don't meet more campers when you log back in.

Unless you happen to have contaminated HE gear that you want to extract. In which case you either give it up by deleting it when you leave the dark zone, or you log off for like 30mins and hope you don't meet more campers when you log back in.
Welcome to the dark zone.

Huh? If you die and spawn in at a checkpoint that has chaos happening outside the door... Turn around and go into the pve world and then fast travel to another checkpoint, instead of repeatedly entering the dz to be greeted by more death.

Yes for sure, but if you have contaminated items you are trapped. Forced to log out. I am confused.

Olengie

Unless you have HE stuff, just deconstruct them and do it later.

Honestly, I'm just deconstructing 3/4 of the stuff I extracted for materials.

Welcome to the dark zone.

That isn't fun, tense or anything! Its broken game design, sorry. That's my feeling on it. I don't think they even knew about half of these problems until we started causing them.

I don't believe they sat around and thought that checkpoint camping, forcing users to log out if they have gear to extract and hoping for a server change when logging back in was EVER something they discussed when designing the DZ.

I know I've been advised against it, but no one seems to have any suggestions on what high-end AR blueprint to buy, so I'm going to buy The Liberator today. It's a gun with Talents that are geared towards Skill builds, which I am not, but I do play a DPS support role, and having a buff to my skills is nice.

Currently, I'm running with Smart Cover with the healing/damage mod and Pulse with the damage mod. I also have a talent equipped that extends skill durations when you get kills while said skill is active. In a heavy fire fight, I can pop my skills and have them refresh before the initial timer runs out. I basically always have my skills active, and because they're AOE abilities, the entire team benefits.

It's a really good setup, and I think the Talents that the Liberator offers will suit that.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Yes for sure, but if you have contaminated items you are trapped. Forced to log out. I am confused.

There is no point arguing no one is going to change their minds. If they buffed the PVE areas it would really go a long ways. My solution to the dark zone is not segment by gear but by total number of PKs. That way the people who are the best face the best. I think that would be by far the fairest solution for all.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Why do you have contaminated items after you died?

You keep bringing up points to backup your respawn camping claim, and they literally don't make sense.

Its broken game design, sorry.

Just because you aren't good at it doesn't mean it's a broken game design, sorry.

So the person has not died yet and barely dodged the rogues into the safe house? Is that what your scenario has morphed into?

I have had it happen to me and plenty of people I play with that when Rogues kill you they will split up and camp outside of the nearest Safe Houses and Checkpoints.

You are then stuck unless you deconstruct everything and leave. Safe Houses give better options with multiple exits, but Checkpoints is one big funnel and you can see their Rogue icons just outside the door.

I've brute forced my way through it before being successful and killing them, but it just feels so broken that they can just basically spawn camp.

That isn't fun, tense or anything! Its broken game design, sorry. That's my feeling on it. I don't think they even knew about half of these problems until we started causing them.

I don't believe they sat around and thought that checkpoint camping, forcing users to log out if they have gear to extract and hoping for a server change when logging back in was EVER something they discussed when designing the DZ.

All the high level players are bored, so they have to resort to griefing. I like that there's more rogue players, but I fear that it'll eventually drive out the non-griefers and everyone in the DZ will be predictable.

Animator

Agreed, the PvE part needs buffing...but the guy who got 400 high end DT did it solo in a scavenging build.

Those are two different issues that need fixed, but destroying the DZ is not how to fix it.

Nobody is saying destroy DZ. I think they need to find a way to normalize DZ. This Iron Banner setup is not working imo.

Bizazedo

I have had it happen to me and plenty of people I play with that when Rogues kill you they will split up and camp outside of the nearest Safe Houses and Checkpoints.

You are then stuck unless you deconstruct everything and leave. Safe Houses give better options with multiple exits, but Checkpoints is one big funnel and you can see their Rogue icons just outside the door.

I've brute forced my way through it before being successful and killing them, but it just feels so broken that they can just basically spawn camp.
Rogues, on average, are not that patient. Go get a drink or switch servers. Or be patient. Sitting still is a death warrant for rogues.

Nobody is saying destroy DZ. I think they need to find a way to normalize DZ. This Iron Banner setup is not working imo.
It's not working for *you*. You're trying to shape/nerf/gimp a game mode into something that you want, instead of adapting and learning and mastering it.

Granadier

I know I've been advised against it, but no one seems to have any suggestions on what high-end AR blueprint to buy, so I'm going to buy The Liberator today. It's a gun with Talents that are geared towards Skill builds, which I am not, but I do play a DPS support role, and having a buff to my skills is nice.

Currently, I'm running with Smart Cover with the healing/damage mod and Pulse with the damage mod. I also have a talent equipped that extends skill durations when you get kills while said skill is active. In a heavy fire fight, I can pop my skills and have them refresh before the initial timer runs out. I basically always have my skills active, and because they're AOE abilities, the entire team benefits.

It's a really good setup, and I think the Talents that the Liberator offers will suit that.

The Liberator is definitely focused towards a skill build. It's below the Caduceus in terms of strength, but since it's a blueprint instead of a random drop it's a good place to start.

Just be sure to add some muzzle and grip mods that help control the recoil, because that RoF is a monster. Try and get horizontal stability and stability.

Checkpoint camping can be an easy fix if they just add a phase timer in thats like a minute or two or until the player takes a shot. Similar to what WoW has when coming into battlegrounds.

theWB27

It's not broken. Maybe it's not in your liking, but that doesn't make it broken. That's hyperbole.

Checkpoint camping can be an easy fix if they just add a phase timer in thats like a minute or two or until the player takes a shot. Similar to what WoW has when coming into battlegrounds.
That's how it is currently: endless phase times for players who don't want to be rekt by just not entering the dz.

Why do you have contaminated items after you died?

You keep bringing up points to backup your respawn camping claim, and they literally don't make sense.

Just because you aren't good at it doesn't mean it's a broken game design, sorry.

Why do you have to be so rude and why is this allowed?

Mods please? Why is it allowed that the OP OT can be so alienating and rude to this community. Stop making assumptions that just because they don't enjoy some parts of the DZ they apparently aren't good at the game.

This person should not represent this community because this community has all sides of opinions and all are welcome here. As the OT OP you should encourage this, not divide and hate on people.

Iceman829

Giving everyone teddy bears instead of guns in the DZ doesn't solve the dtech scarcity or loot drops people want. Only 1 group can pick a chest on a server every 2hrs(?) I believe. If you have 24 people in a server not shooting one another there still won't be enough dtech to go around.

I don't go around hunting other players. I mind my own business unless other people start trouble or last night we took down the kingpin on ve3tro's server, but besides that I just shoot mobs and loot chests. The DZ is good like it is and I don't feel an ounce of sorrow for players boo hooing that they got ganked by a squad of 4 when they were solo especially in Dz 1/2. You have to be smart when you play solo in the game. You are on your own. Keep your head on a swivel and pick your battles and routes carefully. Study the DZ map someone posted online. Read that reddit post, check out some you tube videos for solo dz routes. If you want more activities to do in the PvE area (that other 2/3rds of the play space) then ask for more activities and boss respawns for that area.

The Liberator is definitely focused towards a skill build. It's below the Caduceus in terms of strength, but since it's a blueprint instead of a random drop it's a good place to start.

Just be sure to add some muzzle and grip mods that help control the recoil, because that RoF is a monster. Try and get horizontal stability and stability.

Yeah, I've got a fair bit of AR mods that help with stability. I'm currently using an AK-47, which had a great deal of recoil before I put on my mods. I found the best way to counteract recoil is to feather the trigger. Firing in quick bursts instead of laying it on thick is much better for recoil and accuracy.

Dr.Acula

Banned
The best way to "fix" the DZ is through item trading. That way the PvE people can still get access to HE gear, but they don't have to deal with PKs if they don't want to.

I run Liberator, and like it personally especially with the right mods that offer more bullets in the mag and stability ;-)

Have an extended mag that offers 53 bullets before reload!

Then again, I don't have Caduceus and I also run mostly a support build. When I need lots of DPS, I switch to my marksman. Pretty decent setup as a support DPS role.

Granadier

Why do you have to be so rude and why is this allowed?

Mods please? Why is the OP OT need to be so alienating and rude to this community. Stop making assumptions that just because they don't enjoy some parts of the DZ they apparently aren't good at the game.

This person should not represent this community because this community has all sides of opinions and all are welcome here.

So I need to be a carebear while posting now as well as one in the Dark Zone?

I don't represent this community. I may have taken the responsibility of making the OT, but the community is represented by its members in this thread, its members within Discord/PS4 group/PC group, and its members that you interact with in game. Including you.
Now instead of trying to grow an inclusive community you have consistently and unrelentingly been belligerent when it comes to taming the Dark Zone. You've failed to listen to the arguments that are put up against your claims, and decide to instead sit in the corner with fingers in ears screaming for nerfs. You are dividing the community by saying that anyone who enjoys the vicious, brutal form that the Dark Zone currently is in is wrong. That they shouldn't be allowed to enjoy it because there are people out there that are having a bad time.

You are the one ruining this community.

Bizazedo

Only on OT2? I thought this was supposed to be the next destiny and the next big thing.
Half of every Destiny page were group requests.

I would make one change to the DZ. Cap damage versus players. It is a cover based 3rd person shooter, but time to kill is too high for it. It can be damn near CoD speed.

And part of that problem seems to be lag. I dunno what the tick rate is, but high ROF weapons especially seem to clump their hits.

But it should remain vicious and reward the smart and able.

Granadier

Yeah, I've got a fair bit of AR mods that help with stability. I'm currently using an AK-47, which had a great deal of recoil before I put on my mods. I found the best way to counteract recoil is to feather the trigger. Firing in quick bursts instead of laying it on thick is much better for recoil and accuracy.

Definitely, it makes things much more manageable. I've noticed that the majority of recoil doesn't come into play until the last ~1/3 of the magazine if you are firing full auto. Thankfully the recoil patterns in this game take after Counter Strike in that they are the same every time, so it just takes some practice to get a good compensation down.

Yep, new info on the way tomorrow. If it means anything I still look for Stallion on my friends list when I go to invite you. Consolidate those names man.

Believe me, if there was a way to change it here manually I would. I've emailed support and mods here multiple times to get the name updated with no luck so might have to make a new one ultimately.

I think I've got it updated everywhere else and GAF is the outlier, even though it's the most important :-(

As for getting on topic, taking down three dudes on Manhunt last night with you guys was awesome and helped towards getting to DZ 50 rank. I helped by distracting them at least!

So I need to be a carebear while posting now as well as one in the Dark Zone?

I don't represent this community. I may have taken the responsibility of making the OT, but the community is represented by its members in this thread, its members within Discord/PS4 group/PC group, and its members that you interact with in game. Including you.
Now instead of trying to grow an inclusive community you have consistently and unrelentingly been belligerent when it comes to taming the Dark Zone. You've failed to listen to the arguments that are put up against your claims, and decide to instead sit in the corner with fingers in ears screaming for nerfs. You are dividing the community by saying that anyone who enjoys the vicious, brutal form that the Dark Zone currently is in is wrong. That they shouldn't be allowed to enjoy it because there are people out there that are having a bad time.

You are the one ruining this community.

Excuse me? I have explained and posted my thoughts in length. You have never actually described any sort of compromise other than rude short words.

I am fine listening to everyone and discussing it, this is the most you've ever replied to me. So I am glad I got something cohesive out of you that wasn't just a few rude words.

People saying they purposely run into fire and use exploits is the only time I have complained about things being unfair in the DZ, or spawn camping. I even discussed at length my own newb steamrolling last night, so no, I am not against everything the DZ does and enjoy having discussions about it. I reply to people with my feelings and have had plenty of discussion in the past hour or so here that was very good with people from all sides of the DZ opinions. No one was rude, except you.

You don't other than being rude and short. I just need to move on, you're on my ignore list.

noomi

Hmm what's this discord thing you guys are talking about?

*edit*

hmm looks like some sort of app for communication with other gamers?

also

96f3c23057fb685494b2958e041261cb.jpg

Iceman829

Almost joined up with you V3etro and his buddy. He said you were about to hop in but I had other people with me so no room. One of these days...

Yea. If not in the same party... perhaps the same lobby. 8 man super squad in the DZ :) I almost wish fellow rogues could heal one another... almost...

We got matchmaking and Discord to coordinate so the thread dont get filled with LFG.

The discord chat is nice. It helps keep the OT less bloated and easier to read and catch up on everything. The xbox people seem to stick with xbl messaging and party chat, but it's still nice to have. Thank you to whoever set that up.

Destiny threads are bloated LFGs lol

At the moment, there's new stuff to talk about, but the past couple of months have been pretty bare, which means the thread was mostly just a DGAF chat room. We'd talk about random crap, look for groups and a lot of post-Crucible match shit talking. It was good fun!

I actually remember a time when I was in a DGAF Iron Banner train and we got matched with another DGAF Iron Banner train. Hah. It was rare and so random.

But yeah, that's why the thread moves a lot faster than ours.

Granadier

Hmm what's this discord thing you guys are talking about?

*edit*

hmm looks like some sort of app for communication with other gamers?

Yep! It's kinda like Skype, TeamSpeak, and Slack combined. There are multiple chatrooms within the channel and you can also hop into voice channels to communicate that way.

There's a link to ours in the OP if you quote the linked post.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Not to get involved in this DZ tickle fight, but if you don't like DZ, at some point you just have to accept the fact of what the DZ is and deal or play something else. It's getting to the point that people want the DZ to change into something completely different. I just don't buy into the whole "DZ must be fair and equal" concept. It's already fair in so much as they have stated the rules (anyone can be killed by anyone else) and lives by them.

Half of every Destiny page were group requests.

I would make one change to the DZ. Cap damage versus players. It is a cover based 3rd person shooter, but time to kill is too high for it. It can be damn near CoD speed.

And part of that problem seems to be lag. I dunno what the tick rate is, but high ROF weapons especially seem to clump their hits.

But it should remain vicious and reward the smart and able.

I would be okay with increasing the TTK if they also increase the health pack recharge rate when engaging another player. Otherwise, each fight is going to be 15 minutes long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom