• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

I'd recommend going solo to complete this one. It doesn't take long at all, especially in that DZ03 (slight DZ04 action) circuit. The subway right next to Torch's spawn in Bryant Park re-populates so quickly, as does Torch himself. He'll sometimes spawn as a heavy (Animal, maybe?) and that slows things down a tad.

You can also hit the first subway you come across when entering DZ01 from the bottom left checkpoint. That guy spawns quickly, as well, and is only level 30 so he burns down in no time.

Cool thanks, DZ01 is my preferred location. Way less people cuz all the Rogues seem to be trolling the mid to northern areas.

Special C

I have no idea what to do in this game now. I just hit 50 in the DZ. There isn't anything that I want to buy that beats my iLevel 31 FAL or iLevel 31 ACR for weapons. Already have full high end gear. I was hoping to get that vector blueprint, but didn't realize it reset already! What should I do.. hm.

1. Go full PvP and just have fun in the Dark Zone.

2. Take a break, catch up on some other games and come back when the update hits.

I just save everything to one folder then zip it. So save the AEP file to a new folder then any images or media put in that same folder. I'll relink them if need be.

I sent you a PM with the files.

6 hours till the announcement. Can't wait to hear whats instore for April.

I feel like I'm in a weird point in my build where I'm having trouble progressing. All missions on hard are very easy, but challenge mode is very difficult unless I have a really good matchup with others. My damage is 110k, health is sitting at about 80k, damage mitigation is at about 45%. I run Dark Zone by myself most of the time so zones 3-6 are pretty difficult on my own. Any tips on quick ways to get good yellows? Or is doing the daily missions and hoping for good matchmaking on challenging missions my best bet? I'm also only level 35 in the Dark Zone so 50 is a long way away.

Had a full stash last night in the DZ and headed to a checkpoint to go and clear it. On the way a named enemy dropped an amazing HE weapon mod.

Got purposefully killed so it would drop and had my friends watch the drops. Left and came back and it was gone despite then saying it was still there and the waypoint for dropped items was there but led to nothing.

Thanks game.

My problem with the FAL is that it should have better DMG. Wasn't it really, really good in the beta or am I misremembering that?

Either way, it's outclassed right now by the AK completely, because the AK has similar or better DMG, has the option of accurate short bursts, but still retains the option for full auto when you get charged. I'm guessing the AUG is a similar story, based on talk here.

In the meantime, I'll hold on to the Level 31 FAL I pulled off of a rogue's body the other day in the hope that they buff it. The weapon stagnation in this game could use a little shake up.

EDIT:

Had a full stash last night in the DZ and headed to a checkpoint to go and clear it. On the way a named enemy dropped an amazing HE weapon mod.

Got purposefully killed so it would drop and had my friends watch the drops. Left and came back and it was gone despite then saying it was still there and the waypoint for dropped items was there but led to nothing.

Thanks game.

...One of you're friends stole it and sold you on the lie.

Look into your heart. You know this to be true. DZ brings out the darkness in people.

Thanks game.

One of your friends stole it, what else :p

ChrisW

Thanks game.

Why didn't you just deconstruct an item you had in your contaminated items pouch to make room?

Deku Tree

Trying to collect all the open world crap and do the remaining side missions to get the last few trophies for the Platinum. OMG this is such a grind, way worse than the grind to DZ50!

Now I understand, is there not stash boxes in the DZ safe houses? If not they should add it, similar to stash boxes in the PVE safe houses

There isn't.

I've racked my brain to find a good reason why they wouldn't have a stash box in the safehouses but I can't think of anything.

If anyone can think of a way that this would provide an unfair advantage in the DZ or anything that could defend the forced breaks the current system provides, I'm all ears. Right now, it seems to me that it was something overlooked that totally obstructs good flow in the DZ.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
You spin me right round baby right round.

dYH7M6I.gif

Oh this game is a mess lol.

MikeyMike

I feel like I'm in a weird point in my build where I'm having trouble progressing. All missions on hard are very easy, but challenge mode is very difficult unless I have a really good matchup with others. My damage is 110k, health is sitting at about 80k, damage mitigation is at about 45%. I run Dark Zone by myself most of the time so zones 3-6 are pretty difficult on my own. Any tips on quick ways to get good yellows? Or is doing the daily missions and hoping for good matchmaking on challenging missions my best bet? I'm also only level 35 in the Dark Zone so 50 is a long way away.

Pretty much in the same situation as you. Unless I get teamed up with decent players, I get destroyed in CM... took me 4 hours to finish yesterday's CM... cut into my sleep schedule -_-

Best way to get better gear would be to team up in DZ or exploit Russian Consulate CM with other people.

Pretty much in the same situation as you. Unless I get teamed up with decent players, I get destroyed in CM... took me 4 hours to finish yesterday's CM... cut into my sleep schedule -_-

Best way to get better gear would be to team up in DZ or exploit Russian Consulate CM with other people.

What systems? If Xbox my gt is Draughn.

Deku Tree

There isn't.

I've racked my brain to find a good reason why they wouldn't have a stash box in the safehouses but I can't think of anything.

If anyone can think of a way that this would provide an unfair advantage in the DZ or anything that could defend the forced breaks the current system provides, I'm all ears. Right now, it seems to me that it was something overlooked that totally obstructs good flow in the DZ.

Well it doesn't make logical sense given the whole story about how the DZ works. other than that I would love if they had stash boxes in the DZ. it sucks to leave the DZ just because your stash is full.

ch4fx_

I'm a bit worried that today's stream will give us gear score details... which will reveal that my set up is actually garbage & that I've been Divisioning wrong this whole time. 8(

noomi

I took a look at the DZ06 vendor and I didn't see a tactical aug for purchase or for crafting.

Where can I pick this up when I hit dz50?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I took a look at the DZ06 vendor and I didn't see a tactical aug for purchase or for crafting.

Where can I pick this up when I hit dz50?

As Deku said in DZ03. Keep in mind its only a power lvl 30 weapon. Its good but maybe save for the Navy MP5 blueprint.

Well it doesn't make logical sense given the whole story about how the DZ works. other than that I would love if they had stash boxes in the DZ. it sucks to leave the DZ just because your stash is full.

Ah, good point. Maybe the DZ checkpoints could have stashes and still retain story credibility.

Or you could spin the idea that, since stashes are available in the rest of the city's safe houses and those safehouses contain vendors using the Division / JTF's currency of credits and Phoenix credits, the same currency used by DZ safehouse vendors, it would make sense that the supply being ran to those established safehouses in the DZ could also contain your stash.

I'm a bit worried that today's stream will give us gear score details... which will reveal that my set up is actually garbage & that I've been Divisioning wrong this whole time. 8(

I recall playing with you and your stuff didn't seem like garbage. Of course, if my stuff was garbage, too, I wouldn't know the difference.

Side note: hitting even 60% mitigation through armor is a hell of a lot harder than it seems if you're trying to maintain a certain level of DPS. There are too many times that it appears I have to sacrifice a gear slot for armor.

Disktrasa

Banned
I bought The Division on HKpsn, i bought R6 Gold Edition also on HK when it was released, the seasonpass didnt work =/ so i had to buy that again on eupsn were i play the game.

Do you think its the same with Division, bought the game on HongKongpsn, will it work of i buy the seasonpass on eupsn?

Love the game btw, need dat seasonpass.

noomi

As Deku said in DZ03. Keep in mind its only a power lvl 30 weapon. Its good but maybe save for the Navy MP5 blueprint.

I have about 25 yellow div tech ready to go, will roll an mp5, tac aug, chest piece, and the rest will be for re-rolls.

It's just been a really hard grind for me to get to 50. I have a habit of wanting to go after rogues, and it nearly always end up with me losing progress due to death.

I am avoiding pvp in the dz all together until im @ dz rank 52 or higher.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I have about 25 yellow div tech ready to go, will roll an mp5, tac aug, chest piece, and the rest will be for re-rolls.

It's just been a really hard grind for me to get to 50. I have a habit of wanting to go after rogues, and it nearly always end up with me losing progress due to death.

I am avoiding pvp in the dz all together until im @ dz rank 52 or higher.

You seem to be taking ages to hit 50. I got it in like 3 hours from level 40. Get a team together and just rotate the bosses in DZ05/06.

Deku Tree

You seem to be taking ages to hit 50. I got it in like 3 hours from level 40. Get a team together and just rotate the bosses in DZ05/06.

I am on PS4 and most of the bosses in DZ05/06 don't spawn after the last patch except in the pit. It's much easier to grind DZ03/04 or lower, and the rep gain differences are minimal.

noomi

Yeah, it's taking me a while. There's only two of us playing together mostly.

We had a good loop the other day, but of course we get ganked by rogues and other players :/

My own damn fault though, I should not engage against other players and I need to start leaving instances and going into other ones to avoid them.

In other news, I did get my first hate message yesterday. Killed a guy and he was super salty about it, I didn't even take his loot or anything.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Last night, I turned on the game, spawned into the world, went to the minimap... and just closed the game down, too bored with doing the same exact thing yet again with nothing to actually aim for. I think that's it for me and The Division. Great ride though!

EL CUCO

What I'd like them to do is give us more stash space. People will never have "enough" space in general, but maybe room for 20 more items would help?

That's all I need at least.

Deku Tree

What I'd like them to do is give us more stash space. People will never have "enough" space in general, but maybe room for 20 more items would help?

Yeah I'd like 40-50 DZ stash space. Sucks that the Extraction stash is smaller than your regular Stash.

I'd like Sunglasses being a clothing item rather than a permanent part of your face. I'd like the option to toggle facial hair after you have created your character. And I'd like for gun skins to be an account wide and not something that you have to store in your stash or your backpack, so that I can collect them. if we are talking about things that we want.

Day 5:

Still grinding for a high end plate armor/chest piece. I've done the daily challenging and hard missions every day (often times more than once) and RNGesus, aka SENPAI, refuses to acknowledge me. This one purple gear item sticks out like a sore thumb when all my other items are yellow and its giving me anxiety. BLESS ME WITH A HIGH END CHEST PIECE, RNGESUS.

spyder_ur

I like how the game gives me a Mike error when I log out. 'Oh, you wanna leave? Too late, We're KICKING you out'

It amuses me that I have more room for items in my backpack than this huge box back at base and the extraction stash combined.

Trying to collect all the open world crap and do the remaining side missions to get the last few trophies for the Platinum. OMG this is such a grind, way worse than the grind to DZ50!

Yep, way too many collectibles overall but at least some of them are interesting or funny or emotional depending on the piece of intel. I remember at least a half dozen times when I laughed out loud at the funny stuff or got upset hearing about some of the sad things that went down went the virus hit. But it could have been easily cut in half as most of them are throwaway.

banchi

Neo Member
Does anyone have any nice farming routes for solo players? I have about 110 dps, so high level DZ is probably not efficient or worth it. I tried farming bosses on the police academy on hard but never got anything to drop. I've had only 2 high end weapons drop in the DZ. I'm sure the drop rates are low but looking for something where I can run for a few hours and hopefully get a drop or 3.

Now I've reached level 30 what do I do with normal credits?

Use it as a crafting resource. Buy gear/mods and break them down into crafting mats. Especially of the electronics and tools variety. Fabric and weapon parts are generally plentiful in just playing and breaking down stuff but you seem to need more of the electronics/tools mats which don't seem as plentiful in just playing the game. At least this is my experience.

Day 5:

Still grinding for a high end plate armor/chest piece. I've done the daily challenging and hard missions every day (often times more than once) and RNGesus, aka SENPAI, refuses to acknowledge me. This one purple gear item sticks out like a sore thumb when all my other items are yellow and its giving me anxiety. BLESS ME WITH A HIGH END CHEST PIECE, RNGESUS.

I have three HE chest pieces. Got them all from farming Lexington CM.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Worked out how to glitch through the entire Russian Consulate from the back end. Through the gates, invisible wall and the hidden door in the library. Shame the checkpoint doesn't register where you access the computer.

So spent an hour in the dark zone and got bored.

What is the point of it? I was just running around and killing guys than extracting the drops.

Is that it?

noomi

Last night, I turned on the game, spawned into the world, went to the minimap... and just closed the game down, too bored with doing the same exact thing yet again with nothing to actually aim for. I think that's it for me and The Division. Great ride though!

We played for about an hour yesterday and after we died a few times I had to call it a night because I was getting so frustrated.

After I finally get to level 50 and acquire some new gear, I'll be taking a little break at least until the new Incursion content arrives.

I don't see myself pouring 1000's of hours into this like Destiny, but I'll certainly continue to play the game through-out year 1 :)

How dare you kill someone in a pvp zone

That's pretty much what I had responded to this guy. I think some people don't understand how the DZ is supposed to work.

So much salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom