• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want a server to myself for a bit so that I can get to 50 as quickly as possible. Ain't got time for your kill stealing shenanigans!

tumblr_n1cu8vBidb1t5bluao1_500.gif

I have no idea what to do in this game now. I just hit 50 in the DZ. There isn't anything that I want to buy that beats my iLevel 31 FAL or iLevel 31 ACR for weapons. Already have full high end gear. I was hoping to get that vector blueprint, but didn't realize it reset already! What should I do.. hm.

Quoting for a new page. My group and I are all sitting here not knowing what else to do.

FinKL

Did they fix the 8 player glitch? I keep getting kicked upon matchmaking and see other players for a few seconds before it kicks me out. I'm assuming these players are kicking me and hoping I match make with more players?

Definity

Had fun hunting rogues tonight. Added 5 more to the tally before i had to call it a night. Pulse with conceal throws off so many people.

What is the benefit to going rogue and killing players who have nothing? Is there a massive DZXP jackpot or something? Just had one guy and his 2 friends, all DZ level 70+ roam around killing everyone in DZ02-DZ04. I know going Rogue is part of the game, but what is gained from killing someone with no loot to take?

LiK

What is the benefit to going rogue and killing players who have nothing? Is there a massive DZXP jackpot or something? Just had one guy and his 2 friends, all DZ level 70+ roam around killing everyone in DZ02-DZ04. I know going Rogue is part of the game, but what is gained from killing someone with no loot to take?

I think they can steal your dropped DZ money.

They don't respawn in PvE but it's fairly quick in the DZ.

Yea, I mean in DZ. Any idea how long it takes?

lt519

It's so funny how we'd control an entire server for an hour, being complete dicks, killing anyone in our paths, roaming the streets with bounties on our heads, chasing people down, and getting to the point where people wouldn't even challenge us. Then a new group would come along and just wipe the floor with us in an instant. We'd make an attempt to fight back after respawning and get crushed again. The dynamic can change so fast.

The weapon imbalance (and rolling with a group vs solo) at level 30 is absolutely incredible. It'd be nice if they provided a few options for people like an entire solo server, gear based severs, etc. They have the player count to do it. Been on both ends of it plenty of times, our group is by no means end game gear, but we're close. So when we match up against fresh 30s it's just a joke, but against some people that have been grinding since day one, we get face rolled.

catspit

DZ Money and XP.

Daft Punk

Banned

Some Agents just want to watch Manhattan burn.

HMD

Yea, I mean in DZ. Any idea how long it takes?

No idea, but I don't think it's more than 15 minutes? if you get a good farming route set up you'll never run out of bosses.

I do it for the rouge status, I like going on a manhunt and having a good chunk of the server chasing me. You also get a stupid amount of keys.

lt519

Boredom. There is absolutely nothing left to do for players once they finish the game. We gave up on even going for 50 DZ a while ago so we just run around the DZ trying to create interesting encounters. Fighting the AI in the DZ is repetitive so it's fun to mess with people, it's the culture this game has cultivated.

There needs to be a true PvP mode within the DZ with game types otherwise people are just going to keep griefing and trolling. But you do that and then all the rogues leave and you're left with a DZ full of pacifists. They haven't struck the right balance yet, I think public events could help a lot.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Tonight when Wes, Tawp and I were on a manhunt I shot a player with my M44 + explosive rounds.

I think I deleted their Xbox.

Do named elites have a spawn timer? Anyone know how long?

Can't say but roughly 10 minutes or so. DZ02-03 is the best place, there are 8 named bosses you can farm and most of them, especially the ones in DZ03 seem to respawn fairly quickly. You must get the killing blow for the trophy progress.

Named bosses should just dropped named weapons.

Named drops named. It makes sense.

Apart from the Midas, is there even another named weapon that drops from DZ bosses?

Tonight when Wes, Tawp and I were on a manhunt I shot a player with my M44 + explosive rounds.

I think I deleted their Xbox.

Which M44 variant are you using: classic, custom or hunting?

I have a HE custom with 45k weapon damage and 168% headshot damage, it does more damage than my HE classic with 55k weapon damage and 155% headshot damage. Don't have a HE hunting one yet.

lt519

This game needs a Treasure Goblin stacked with division tech. A Tech Hoarder if you like.

It needs interesting loot is the most important thing. The named loot sucks, it pulls from the same talent pool as every other weapon. Give me something unique and super super rare. A gun that shoots all explosive rounds at the cost of a lower base damage. Give me gloves that increase reload speed by 200% at the cost of armor. A backpack that regenerates consumables... Just anything. Shit give me armor that detonates when I'm downed for some revenge against meleeing rogues.

It took a while for Diablo to figure out "fun" loot and a way to make it fun without breaking the game, Destiny started to get there but took another step back, hopefully the division figures it out. The best loot in Diablo 3 were the ones that spawned treasure goblins, left a trail of fire in your wake, chained lightning, etc.

Granadier

Which M44 variant are you using: classic, custom or hunting?

I have a HE custom with 45k weapon damage and 168% headshot damage, it does more damage than my HE classic with 55k weapon damage and 155% headshot damage. Don't have a HE hunting one yet.

I was using the Hunting variant. Managed to get the Custom blueprint tonight, but this was before that. My hunting was at 55k damage, and the explosive round itself was hitting for 80k. It was even downing people around corners from the blast.

My new custom is at 58k dmg with 169% headshot.

No clip? For shame.

I know, I wish I had taken a clip of the encounter. :/

bjaelke

It needs interesting loot is the most important thing. The named loot sucks, it pulls from the same talent pool as every other weapon. Give me something unique and super super rare. A gun that shoots all explosive rounds at the cost of a lower base damage. Give me gloves that increase reload speed by 200% at the cost of armor. A backpack that regenerates consumables... Just anything. Shit give me armor that detonates when I'm downed for some revenge against meleeing rogues.

It took a while for Diablo to figure out "fun" loot and a way to make it fun without breaking the game, Destiny started to get there but took another step back, hopefully the division figures it out. The best loot in Diablo 3 were the ones that spawned treasure goblins, left a trail of fire in your wake, chained lightning, etc.

They might talk new gear tonight. Been teasing some exciting gear for some time now. Probably wanted to give players decent equipment before throwing in some unique stuff. That's my assumption at least, since they've been talking up some unannounced gear and weapons.

I was using the Hunting variant. Managed to get the Custom blueprint tonight, but this was before that. My hunting was at 55k damage, and the explosive round itself was hitting for 80k. It was even downing people around corners from the blast.

My new custom is at 58k dmg with 169% headshot.

Custom can go as high as 58k, or is that due to your firearms score and gloves with marksman dmg? Haven't found a single custom m44 that goes over 50k wpn dmg.

What kind of mods are you using with it? I stacked headshot + crit chance on scope, mag size + crit dmg on mag, stability on under-barrel and accuracy + crit dmg on the muzzle.

Granadier

Custom can go as high as 58k, or is that due to your firearms score and gloves with marksman dmg? Haven't found a single custom m44 that goes over 50k wpn dmg.

That's with everything factored in, so it's what would show up in my UI if I looked at the weapon's per shot damage. No marksman damage on gloves.

I'm not sure what the base is, but for context my Vector dps is at 223k.

Lima

What kind of mods are you using with it? I stacked headshot + crit chance on scope, mag size + crit dmg on mag, stability on under-barrel and accuracy + crit dmg on the muzzle.

Go for raw weapon damage on the magazine. Always for snipers as they don't trigger crits that often. I have a 101% mag size + 13% weapon damage on my M44.

Granadier

For bolt actions it goes:

Weapon damage -> headshot damage -> crit chance -> crit damage

Granadier

Well TBH, a bolt action that doesn't roll Brutal is trash. Especially considering that Brutal is a multiplier and not just additive to headshot damage that some people seem to think.

K.

I'll be over here still one shoting players without brutal.

JohnCYQ

K.

I'll be over here still one shoting players without brutal.

"A SMG without Brutal, Responsive and/or Deadly is trash".

"K,

I'll be over here still shredding other players in less than 1 clip with my 200k dps MP5"

I mean sure, if you are geared enough you can still one-shot newbies anyway.

Granadier

I'm just saying an M44 is a cannon. Brutal is just like attaching a nuclear warhead to the nose cone. (If you land a headshot)

The original canon is still going to fuck the target up.

Brockxz

Do named elites have a spawn timer? Anyone know how long?

We do a circle route of 4 elites in about 10-15 minutes and if noone other kills them they always have been up for us. So I would say they have 10-15 min spawn timer. Most likely it can also depend how many people are in DZ server.

Daft Punk

Banned
Go for raw weapon damage on the magazine. Always for snipers as they don't trigger crits that often. I have a 101% mag size + 13% weapon damage on my M44.

I swear I rolled literally that same roll on a HE magazine yesterday. I didn't put it on my Hunting M44 though, I put it on my Vector which took my DPS from 121K to 137K.

Should I spent the credits and buy a Superior level 30 weapon for the initial DPS boost?

Sort of lost on how to go about it. The blueprints I have for level 30 are all blue.

milkham

Should I spent the credits and buy a Superior level 30 weapon for the initial DPS boost?

Sort of lost on how to go about it. The blueprints I have for level 30 are all blue.

I think the best thing is to run general Assembly until you're in all purples then go for dailies until you can buy the HE vector blueprint, then the mag blueprint

Pandy

Not sure what you're trying to say. It's not like when you go rogue you immediately are rewarded. You have to actually survive to get the rewards. Also, are you saying that there should be some kind of visual indicator as to what a person is carrying in their backpack? That's half the fun about killing someone with loot. Do you risk going rogue for the chance at some high end gear, only to realize that the person was only carrying blue and green items?

People keep complaining about the DZ, saying that it's not perfect, or it needs work, etc etc, yet they give no idea or thoughts about what to do to improve it.

The Dark Zone's design is working as intended. The changes from the first patch improved it significantly, and it's exactly where it needs to be imo.
I literally stated my ideas for improving it. You're allowed to disagree with them, but not to pretend they didn't exist.

Also note that I'm not actually complaining about my DZ experiences, just finding the direct rewards for killing players to be contrary to the extraction system.

As the system stands I'll continue playing in the DZ because it's a lot of fun, but I'm never going to deliberately go rogue because I don't feel the inducements are in the right places.
Unless one of my buddies is annoying me in chat. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom