• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a great game. I am not Destiny obsessed with it... But I am getting there.

This has clicked with me so much more than Destiny ever did. Still lots of room for growth and improvement, but the in game world is so much more realized and fun than the planets on Destiny.

Incursions need to be top notch to compete with early Destiny raid design.

LProtag

I'm pretty sure a group of random people just kicked me for not having enough DPS before starting a daily hard mission.

Hard missions aren't even that hard.

Matush

I've always wondered, what is he saying here?
djkhaledanotherone8xsud.gif

Quick question to go along with gif, bought high-end schematics that have +400andsomething Stamina and next to Firearms and Electroinics is "?". Does this mean that there is a chance to get Firearms or Electroinics stat on my roll?

This has clicked with me so much more than Destiny ever did. Still lots of room for growth and improvement, but the in game world is so much more realized and fun than the planets on Destiny.

I am glad you brought this up. Yes the world is well done. I mean logging in and playing with friends. I will get there eventually but I picked up the game 4 days after release so I have catching up to do.

Destiny was more about playing with friends and GAF. I hope I get the chance to do so with The Division.

Not having to go to orbit a hundred times a day is just... So... Mmmmmmm.

I guess I should craft another vector? What are the best talents to get, I got Bonus crit damage skill + faster reload skill + some other crappy skill which i forget as I am at work

noomi

I guess I should craft another vector? What are the best talents to get, I got Bonus crit damage skill + faster reload skill + some other crappy skill which i forget as I am at work

Will probably craft one after work to replace my primary.

Not sure if I should be rocking a vector + first wave combo though.....

I am glad you brought this up. Yes the world is well done. I mean logging in and playing with friends. I will get there eventually but I picked up the game 4 days after release so I have catching up to do.

Destiny was more about playing with friends and GAF. I hope I get the chance to do so with The Division.

If you're on PS4, let me know when you hit 30 and I'll run dailies or dark zone with you. I've already met 4-5 Gaffers that are super friendly and helpful. I'd offer to help now, but the game punishes grouping at higher level gaps. Also, matchmaking is pretty damn great for leveling in missions.

Not having to go to orbit a hundred times a day is just... So... Mmmmmmm.

I didn't even think of that. Such a trash mechanic that wasted so much game time. I might have blocked it from my memory.

Neverwas

my only real complaint so far is how the game handles level disparity. i have way more time to play than the two friends i usually play with, and now i'm like 15 levels higher than the lowest friend, making grouping up an exercise in insta-death frustration for them. i had to make an alt just to keep things balanced, and I really don't like having to spread my playtime like that. =/

cakely

my only real complaint so far is how the game handles level disparity. i have way more time to play than the two friends i usually play with, and now i'm like 15 levels higher than the lowest friend, making grouping up an exercise in insta-death frustration for them. i had to make an alt just to keep things balanced, and I really don't like having to spread my playtime like that. =/

Yep. I have a friend that got to 30 three days after launch. He had to re-roll a new character so he could co-op with the rest of us. He's clearly a little more dedicated to The Division than we are. :)

Yep. I have a friend that got to 30 three days after launch. He had to re-roll a new character so he could co-op with the rest of us. He's clearly a little more dedicated to The Division than we are. :)

But he made another character... That is wicked awesome of him.

mosdl

So regarding crafting yellows - there is one guaranteed stat range and the other 2 have question marks. Anyone know what the chance is that I craft something with 2 primary stats or more?

My friend and I finally encountered the LMB.

Suddenly my tactic of running up and SMGing guys in the head is far less feasible than it was before.

Leyasu

Banned
Very nice! You'll be rolling in
a sea of blues
by the end of the week for sure!

/amcry
I'm only lvl24... Me and four others took down a lvl 28 mob earlier and it rained purples. Then reinforcements arrived and reamed us for about 10mins.

The pain of having to give up those purples man. Two hours later and I am still upset.

I'm only lvl24... Me and four others took down a lvl 28 mob earlier and it rained purples. Then reinforcements arrived and reamed us for about 10mins.

The pain of having to give up those purples man. Two hours later and I am still upset.
That makes me cringe just reading about it. Damn.

noomi

Guys, do all the vendors reset with the daily reset or are they on separate timers?

Some vendors show 140+ hours... I just assumed that was a glitch or something....

Anung

Un Rama
Dat new OP smell!

I'm getting some really bad lag on this today. Which is a first as the games been running fine for me since launch. Bullets going at their own pace and enemies teleporting around D:

Also they seriously need to nerf the enemy grenade throwing abilities. I get that its to keep the player from getting too comfy behind cover but the the volume and accuracy of enemy grenade tossing is crazy.

Guys, do all the vendors reset with the daily reset or are they on separate timers?

Some vendors show 140+ hours... I just assumed that was a glitch or something....

Some are daily. Some are weekly it seems like.

If you don't like what they dz vendors are offering you can swap through servers to change the rolls by going to the matchmaking menu while in a dz checkpoint and going to free roam and letting it load up. Repeat as many times as you want haha.

DrProfBitseys

Neo Member
Haven't had much time to play yet, only level 4 and no DZ experience yet. Is there any good reading material around for recommended leveling and base building practices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom