• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimFL

4 days 8 hours into this game, not a single HE drop. Not a single fucking one. I've had > +100% scavenge forever too. The only HE gear I've seen is through crafting or guaranteed mission rewards. Not a single HE thing has dropped from a boss and I have been running every daily for a while now. This is vanilla D3 all over again. Nothing like loot games that give no loot. How are game developers this god damn oblivious to the well publicized mistakes of other devs? Seriously, you really want to run a in depth loot game but then cock block players at every turn? There is nothing fun about buying your way though this game. It doesn't have an auction house, but blueprints might as well be.
It's better to start with the need to buff drops than be forced to nerf them later down the line. That way they can slowly buff the drop rates until everyone is happy while keeping them balanced.

Just completed the Russian Consulate on challenging, it took us like 40-45 minutes, but man it was satisfying to finish it, this was the only challenge mission we hadn't completed yet.

We have the Lexington Event center done in 20 minutes, but for some reason this one just seems so much harder.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
So I have a question, what results in people taking less damage in the darkzone?

I reached armor cap and have 100k health. There were like three instances where I came across three different dudes that my bullet would do so little damage to. They say they have a lot of armor and health, but it does not explain why my bullets do so little damage. Anyone have anything to say?

fr0st

Banned
So I have a question, what results in people taking less damage in the darkzone?

I reached armor cap and have 100k health. There were like three instances where I came across three different dudes that my bullet would do so little damage to. They say they have a lot of armor and health, but it does not explain why my bullets do so little damage. Anyone have anything to say?
There is a higher damage mitigation on DZ.

The1Ski

4 days 8 hours into this game, not a single HE drop. Not a single fucking one. I've had > +100% scavenge forever too. The only HE gear I've seen is through crafting or guaranteed mission rewards. Not a single HE thing has dropped from a boss and I have been running every daily for a while now. This is vanilla D3 all over again. Nothing like loot games that give no loot. How are game developers this god damn oblivious to the well publicized mistakes of other devs? Seriously, you really want to run a in depth loot game but then cock block players at every turn? There is nothing fun about buying your way though this game. It doesn't have an auction house, but blueprints might as well be.

At least there's ways to get guaranteed HE. Diablo didn't have that.

Got more mats so I made some further tweaks. Not really sure how I could do any better than this. Maybe if I crafted more backpacks and chest pieces I could get more perfect rolls.

KLA0z91.jpg

Macrotus

4 days 8 hours into this game, not a single HE drop. Not a single fucking one. I've had > +100% scavenge forever too.

Maybe this has something to do with it? Although its just a rumour and hasn't been confirmed. If you have precisely 100% or a little above it, maybe try lowering it a little.
I'm not sure if this will do any good though, like the below post says, its all up to luck at the end.

Theory circulated that anything over 100% resets the scavenging stat. IE 126% is 26% scavenging. I think it was a Reddit thread.

I've had better luck at 96% then I did at 240%. But it could all just be dumb RNG luck.

milkham

Maybe this has something to do with it? Although its just a rumour and hasn't been confirmed. If you have precisely 100% or a little above it, maybe try lowering it a little.
I'm not sure if this will do any good though, like the below post says, its all up to luck at the end.

rng is rng, was running with irawr and defuser earlier and despite having the same scavenging as defuser (~130%) and irawr having like 14% it was golden showers for me and irawr but just one HE drop for defuser.

deadduck

i've done some unsightly things in the DZ in hopes of getting a HE first wave/socom M1A but nada.

got a perfect sniper roll on a SRS, swift, balanced and accurate, but bolt actions have nothing on the M1A

When you drop someone in the DZ with one shot from an M44, the M1A gets demoted.

Same for me at the moment. A distinct lack of HE drops is getting frustrating, although I have got a few decent items for doing the daily missions. I go into the DZ hoping for some awesome gear, but no luck yet.

I have loved this game and put around 4 days into it, but starting to feel the grind. DZ is fun, but too often I am getting stomped by level 50+ players running around in groups. Me and my friend are around 32 and just cannot compete with the higher level players. Surely there should be matchmaking where level 80 DZ players are not put with level 30 players? Sadly I waited until finishing the campaign before venturing into the DZ - with hindsight that was a very bad move!

Hopefully the game will see tweaks and balances and content that give more options to progress (I'm still fairly optimistic), but at the moment, the first stages of frustration are setting in.

I suggest keeping your scavenging just under 100% as it's bugged.

Mine was around 130% and I wasn't getting many drops.
Dropped it to around 45% and I have already seen an increase in HE stuff.

Tecnniqe

Banned
No, they said it's working as intended (who knows) but in the end 200% of 0.0004% drop rate is still fuck all.

Eirulan

I'm on 15% scavaging and have seen at least one HE drop per evening... and my time in the DZ isn't that long each day, maybe around 2 hours.

darkwing

I suggest keeping your scavenging just under 100% as it's bugged.

Mine was around 130% and I wasn't getting many drops.
Dropped it to around 45% and I have already seen an increase in HE stuff.

I concur, pretty strange, but with evidence like these and reddit, its likely to be bugged

Macrotus

rng is rng, was running with irawr and defuser earlier and despite having the same scavenging as defuser (~130%) and irawr having like 14% it was golden showers for me and irawr but just one HE drop for defuser.
Yeah I'm aware, in the end, its all up to your luck.

No, they said it's working as intended (who knows) but in the end 200% of 0.0004% drop rate is still fuck all.
Ah, ok.
If the actual drop rate is really that low, its quite disappointing lol

Is there some sort of never ending healing glitch? Because I'm pretty sure I'm experiencing that right now...
You probably have the mask with the rehab talent.

oti

Banned
Hey guys, I now finally have free time again so I was thinking about getting into Division. How's it holding up so far? PC community still going strong?

SkylineRKR

Might go Electronics. Tried stamina, 90k or so, still got 2 shotted in CM. With lower stamina i have shorter cooldowns, better buffs and more DPS and don't die faster.

I would like a Caduceus to drop, to mess around with its talents. But fuck this drop rate.

Went from rank 38 to 50 in one straight shot yesterday. Got really lucky and had a server completely empty of rogues. To top it off the kill that got me my 50 also dropped a Midas which was pretty sweet.

At about level 45 ended up getting a guy from lfg in and my friend had to leave - the guy was super cool and when I got my Midas and was about to extract my game glitched and I had to let the enemy kill me. Rather than steal my gun he stood guard over it and helped me extract it out.

The glitch where the game doesn't let you move after you exit the map/ inventory is the absolute worst! Would have been extremely gutted if I lost my Midas to that glitch.

Feel like I'm done with the end game at this point, chasing division tech doesn't interest me and im not sure level 31 gear is that much better than what im holding now. (Is it?) Going to save my pheonix credits for the April 12th update and see if I need to upgrade my character then

Fistwell

Is there a known bug about inventory disappearing? I've just lost all backpacks and half my guns (and attachments). This is just great.

darkwing

Went from rank 38 to 50 in one straight shot yesterday. Got really lucky and had a server completely empty of rogues. To top it off the kill that got me my 50 also dropped a Midas which was pretty sweet.

At about level 45 ended up getting a guy from lfg in and my friend had to leave - the guy was super cool and when I got my Midas and was about to extract my game glitched and I had to let the enemy kill me. Rather than steal my gun he stood guard over it and helped me extract it out.

The glitch where the game doesn't let you move after you exit the map/ inventory is the absolute worst! Would have been extremely gutted if I lost my Midas to that glitch.

Feel like I'm done with the end game at this point, chasing division tech doesn't interest me and im not sure level 31 gear is that much better than what im holding now. (Is it?) Going to save my pheonix credits for the April 12th update and see if I need to upgrade my character then

Midas isn't very good though, get better stuff using Dtech

I was all in no matter what.

Scrubs don't wipe themselves. We're just helping people, is all.

Thanks for the fun times and adult conversation last night Gran & wesley. I'll need to play around with my armor to hang with you guys in your DZ activities. I think I have some items I was storing that might help. Just give me a shout if you need a bunker buster when fighting elite/named enemies

It was awesome to have you along, sir! Plenty more adult conversation to be had in the future.

Midas isn't very good though, get better stuff using Dtech

I'm pretty happy with my weapons, got a bunch of other good high ends such as the vector, m1a, acr and now Midas. Got some pretty decent high end weapon mods on most of those too.

If I need to craft anything it's better armour which is all mostly at level 30 for me at the moment - I don't know if the item level 31 stuff is that much better but I feel like that would be the next baseline to hit.

That said the continued grind is just not for me - min maxing requires way too much box opening for me sadly - im hoping to use my pheonix credits to hit the level 31 bar when incursions drop in.

I'm going to be taking a small break this week from the division so I can dive into Remedy's new masterpiece. So stoked.

Also getting both Alan Wake titles for free is just icing on this time traveling cake
that is definitely not a lie

Custom M44 BP? Or Tenebre BP?
M44 for sure. It's plenty powerful as is but slap an explosive round on it and agents will drop in one shot.

Cade

I'm going to be taking a small break this week from the division so I can dive into Remedy's new masterpiece. So stoked.

Also getting both Alan Wake titles for free is just icing on this time traveling cake
that is definitely not a lie

M44 for sure. It's plenty powerful as is but slap an explosive round on it and agents will drop in one shot.

Usually a crit headshot works too if you get headshot and crit damage high enough. I've got a base crit chance of 35% for the first three rounds, something like 68% crit damage and +313% headshot damage total on mine. A pulse and first round of a mag is almost always a crit and a one-hit down like 50% of the time. I need to remember explosive bullets though.

I'm only on 15% scavenging and see HE items pretty often in my regular haunt of DZ4. I had four HE drops spread out over about 4 hours just yesterday.

I've only ever got HE items in the DZ and only dropped from named bosses.

GmK

Neo Member
I'm only on 15% scavenging and see HE items pretty often in my regular haunt of DZ4. I had four HE drops spread out over about 4 hours just yesterday.

I've only ever got HE items in the DZ and only dropped from named bosses.

Scavenging has nothing to do with drop rate, it only influences the quality of the gear dropped (stats, talents, etc.)

Paertan

So I was thinking I should up Scavenging just to see if I get better loot. Turns out I am already at 123%. Could reroll mask and hope for more but I feel like that should be enough if it even matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom