• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

Russian Consulate is just twice as long as the other CM missions. It has twice as many rooms with a lot of enemies in each room. Each room has rushing shotgunners, and healers, and armored Tanks.

Also if you use MM and you get too far (beyond the computer room) and people quit then new people spawn at the beginning and the computer room door is shut and doesn't open. The only thing we could figure out how to do is to wipe while the new people were standing next to the door, then they spawn in with you.

I was MM that mission and we got stuck on the stairs down to the panic room, the rest wasn't actually too bad.

2 of the randoms left, and Grim and Wiped came to save me. They did get stuck at that door but they were able to mobile cover glitch their way through it.

Deku Tree

I was MM that mission and we got stuck on the stairs down to the panic room, the rest wasn't actually too bad.

2 of the randoms left, and Grim and Wiped came to save me. They did get stuck at that door but they were able to mobile cover glitch their way through it.

I should have joined up with you and Sushi and Grim instead of doing it with MM, but I didn't see your posts until much later.

That's the toughest part of the mission for a less-coordinated team IMO. There are like 3 or 4 rushing shotgunners.

Even though folks continue to believe (they may be right) that you should not create a balanced build the game itself points you in the balanced direction at every turn, at least in my experience. In order to both activate talents on weapons and get a damage reduction at 60+% (may be RNG influenced but the former is not) a balanced build is needed.

When I do these builds...

210K DPS, 50K Health
180 DPS, 80K Health

...neither allow me to activate weapon talents or have a damage reduction anywhere near 60% (in fact it sits at 40% with these builds).

So I currently run with...

Damage Reduction (Armor Rating): 60.1%
Firearms: 2556
Stamina: 1717
Electronics: 1908
Primary DPS: 172,353
Health: 52,188
Skill Power: 20,903

All Weapon Talents Activated:
Vector (High-end)
Caduceus
Military L86 LSW (High-end)
Custom M44 (High-end)
First Wave M1A (Superior)
Damascus

Skills:
First Aid w/Overdose
Pulse w/Tactical Scanner
Signature: Survivor Link

Talents:
Battle Buddy
Critical Save
Strike Back
Steady Hands

Overall I'm Ok with it but still feel the Health number is far too low even though the game definitely feels different with a high damage reduction % and Talents is something I probably need to tweak but I don't find the options that great to begin with. Also, there are obviously a ton of other stats/numbers and perks/attributes to look at that play a major factor here.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Done a few speed runs at Lexington. Got it down to around 12 minutes per run.

35 minutes of playtime and we get 93-102 Phoenix Credits.

Deku Tree

Defensive Link + flashbang + team shoot makes it trivial.

I'll take shotgunners any day over those fucking grenadiers in Warrengate.

I agree. That's what we did once we a new team through the closed doors.

But when your in MM and your team isn't listening to you and they are rushing ahead and not falling back when the shotgunners arrive several times in a row and then they quit after a few wipes then it feels like the toughest part of the mission.

ChrisW

You can farm any challenge mode misson you'd like as many times as you want to get a guaranteed random HE drop. The game doesn't restrict the HE reward to a challenging daily. The reward for doing the CM daily is extra Phoenix credits.
I've tried that on other CM's on other missions that aren't daily and I got a blue and purple stop before instead of gold, maybe I was just unlucky.

EL CUCO

Electronics is my lowest stat sitting at around 1200 and I feel like the game is coaxing me in getting that up. All my HE drops seem to be Electronic based lately. I wonder if there's some sort of "smart loot" mechanic involved...
I've tried that on other CM's on other missions that aren't daily and I got a blue and purple stop before instead of gold, maybe I was just unlucky.
That's strange. Completing any challenging mission is a guaranteed H.E. piece. It wont be a drop to pick up off the floor. It'll show as a mission reward on the top part of your screen. Sometimes it doesn't even pop up but it'll be in your inventory.

I did my first Challenging mission this past weekend, the Lincoln Tunnel Checkpoint, and that went great! I went through matchmaking, so I was surprised that the team that I had was very in-sync. I hear that's one of the easier ones, though.

I tried the daily for that day later on, Warrengate Power Plant, and we got up to the boss but wiped a shit load of times. One of our team mates left and another kept getting disconnected. It was tough with all 4 members, but with all of the issues. We never finished it. I did that one through matchmaking, too.

Not related, but what DZ has the good chest piece blueprint? I only need that, and a mask, and I'll have full high-end gear.

Archpath1

Dodging grenades is the real end game

Still enjoying the game
DZ grind is tough, but fun when going rogue
2lvls short of 50 , hoping to snag some other stuff

Cels

i am level 24 and for the past couple days i've been running around dark zone with random people just killing stuff and looting chests but i am definitely just going along since i don't know what i'm doing

questions

1. My extracted stash limit is 30, is there a way to increase this? If so what's the eventual limit?
  2. Is there a limit to the regular stash?
  3. Are there any benefits to staying below max level and playing in the dark zone? I feel like maybe I'm wasting my time by not hitting 30 but I'm having fun so it's not that important to me to be maximally efficient with my playtime.
  4. Anything specific I should be doing to prepare for max level play?

Archpath1

i am level 24 and for the past couple days i've been running around dark zone with random people just killing stuff and looting chests but i am definitely just going along since i don't know what i'm doing

questions

1. My extracted stash limit is 30, is there a way to increase this? If so what's the eventual limit?
  2. Is there a limit to the regular stash?
  3. Are there any benefits to staying below max level and playing in the dark zone? I feel like maybe I'm wasting my time by not hitting 30 but I'm having fun so it's not that important to me to be maximally efficient with my playtime.
  4. Anything specific I should be doing to prepare for max level play?

30,no
Just have fun and get gear

fuzzyset

Anything specific I should be doing to prepare for max level play?

Deconstruct all your gear. Don't sell it. You'll want the mats to be able to craft HE gear quickly.

Cels

Deconstruct all your gear. Don't sell it. You'll want the mats to be able to craft HE gear quickly.

i've been selling whites/greens and salvaging blues/purples, guess i should salvage them all?

since the stash is so small i'll probably make a mule and i'll save some of my gear for the mule to level faster since the mule needs to get to 30 to wear the high capacity backpack

SkylineRKR

i've been selling whites/greens and salvaging blues/purples, guess i should salvage them all?

since the stash is so small i'll probably make a mule and i'll save some of my gear for the mule to level faster since the mule needs to get to 30 to wear the high capacity backpack

5 greens is a blue, and 5 blues is a gold. I ended up with like 100 green weapon parts when I hit 30, thats still 5 golds. Money is worthless. Hi end rerolls cost phoenix, and with money I think I only bought the Pakhan.

RyanDG

They need to buff the health of the turret in PvE activities. Thing just gets destroyed within 2 seconds of deployment.

Yeah... In PVP they are great, because no one suspects the shock turret, and one shock is often enough to turn the course of the fight, but in PVE their only use is to alternate between flash bangs for control (and even that isn't as efficient as smoke seekers considering the targeting delay once deployed).

They have their place occasionally (for example: flame turrets on the apartment roof in Lexington Event Center at the elevator spawn), but in general there's not a lot that leads me to think that I just need to use the turret in this case. This is especially true for the upgraded normal turret.

TsuWave

my armor is at around 59% and my health is 75k so i don't understand how some people can melt me in 2-3 seconds with a vector. what am i doing wrong? no exaggeration it was 2 seconds, granted his team was around and i considered maybe it was focus shooting but i don't even think they had time to aim

Make sure your inventory isn't full, if it's full the loot will just Fall next to your body which you should still notice.

my armor is at around 59% and my health is 75k so i don't understand how some people can melt me in 2-3 seconds with a vector. what am i doing wrong? no exaggeration it was 2 seconds, granted his team was around and i considered maybe it was focus shooting but i don't even think they had time to aim

I wonder this too, I guess it's down to explosive rounds? I've never been sure though!

Done a few speed runs at Lexington. Got it down to around 12 minutes per run.

35 minutes of playtime and we get 93-102 Phoenix Credits.

Mind if I join you if your running on ps4? I am not really fond of the crafting grind and so would rather get pheonix credits to buy the end game gear. Already at high end but wanting to get credits together for when incursions and the new stuff drops

Tecnniqe

Banned
Umynx8H.jpg

90e718c6f0.jpg

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So I got a free copy of this with my new 980ti and playing this in 4k is just mindblowing with how good it looks. Probably the best graphics I've ever seen.

Too bad I suck at shooters.

So I got a free copy of this with my new 980ti and playing this in 4k is just mindblowing with how good it looks. Probably the best graphics I've ever seen.

Too bad I suck at shooters.
This truly is a looker of a game, even on consoles.

Quantum Break looks to be right up there too.

RyanDG

So the other day, I ended up going rogue and causing all sorts of mayhem at the DZ02 extraction point... After finally dying, I ended up going back and I think one of the groups recognized me from my shenanigans before. As a result, they went rogue against me (they had 3 players). I took this as a challenge and decided to repeatedly go after them over and over again (because that's what you do in the DZ now... pick fights with larger groups). Well, it took a couple of attempts but I finally got them... Don't know if any of these guys are from Gaf, but they were all good sports about it... One of them even said they had a lot of fun regardless of the ultimate outcome (and they probably got a lot of XP off me in the process lol).

OVYZl5N.gif

This damage is pretty typical if you have around 225k on your BFB, so for those wondering what that kind of output would be, this is a good look. The only thing to keep in mind though is that the two that got hit by the blast were pretty much dead on in the middle. The third guy was technically in the 'blast radius', but as you can see from his damage he took - it was almost non-existant. It seems the 'center' area of the blast for the BFB is not expanded with blast radius increases (from the testing that I've done), so in some regards it almost feels like increasing the blast radius is really only helpful for flash bangs.

I think I shocked the third player for a moment, because I don't know if he realized what happened to his friends.

This game should give you more reason to want DZ credits. Maybe to buy division tech or something. As of right now there's very little reason to have it and it's just building up and up and up...

This has been the case since day 1. I bought 1 ilvl 30 blueprint just because but it's silly how worthless DZ credit is. I completely believe they need to sell stuff with them OR upgrade d tech like you said, or both.

I've been using my Vector since I got to level 30 and I bought the blueprint for it. Got it with pretty much cap damage, critical dmg, critical chance and fast reload, wanted headshot dmg but after crafting like 100 of them never got that combination of talents.I thought this weapon was irreplaceable, it was my go to weapon, loved it, melted people with it.
Around two weeks ago I finally got a good AUG, not as good talents like Vector but still had critical dmg, critical chance at full health and fast reload. After a few hours of using it I felt in love with it, I didn't even want to touch Vector ever again (and I didn't). Better range, bigger mag, more stable, perfect smg, at least that what I thought so back then.
Two days ago I got my first MP5, not as good as Vector or Aug, cause I only has Crit dmg but holy shit man I love this weapon so much. It's really hard for me to go back to my Aug, even though it has better talents and bigger dmg I can't even use it after playing with Navy MP5. (continues to farm HE div tech to craft perfect roll on it).

TsuWave

This game should give you more reason to want DZ credits. Maybe to buy division tech or something. As of right now there's very little reason to have it and it's just building up and up and up...

i used them to buy high end mods and attachments from the DZ vendors to then deconstruct them for high end crafting materials

tosu

Neo Member

My health is at 80k and armor at 64.5% and I have gone down in seconds many times. Its usually to someone with an smg. Im assuming its a combination of headshots and explosive rounds but it usually happens to fast for me to tell.

tfur

I wish there was a hardcore mode. With no tracking, no bullet sponges, and 1 kill head shots and 1-3 kill body shots.

I am not too fond of the grind to mega armor vs mega shot damage.

I feel like the vast majority of the architecture was wasted, both outside, and especially inside the buildings, with a lack of tactical scenarios. I don't know how many buildings I went into wanting to have indoor combat. With real tension.

I wanted to have un-announced, sneak attacks against me. Random, non "enemy colors" snipers or muggers etc.

WipedOut

I did the Russian Consulate for the first time, twice last night. I will take that over warrengate anyday. Got the weapon skin too.

I also got Crit Hit, Crit Change, SMG Gloves too. Can't remember what the talent was but remember it wasn't that great.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
That's right!!!! I need to do that again, I already spent my creds.....

Damn man lol. I'm gonna keep saving until the limit which I think is 1000.

*mops brow*

*mops bambis*

A single agent checked us out, ran away thinking we were bambi's and threw a grenade so I purposly stood on it. The tables turned quick, oh so quick.

9kaUfUF.gif

Mind if I join you if your running on ps4? I am not really fond of the crafting grind and so would rather get pheonix credits to buy the end game gear. Already at high end but wanting to get credits together for when incursions and the new stuff drops

I'm running on XB1.

is there info on the gear anywhere, specifically weapon talents?

Actually. The gear itself isn't anything special. It's gear that I've crafted with the electronic blueprints from the base to stack as much electronic as possible. Also I refilled some stats on some thing of the gear to have additional skill power as a attribute. The weapons themselves adds nothing to the build. Not even the talents since stamina and firearms is around 1200 each and can't activate any of them. This build is purely electronic gear to increase smart cover and pulse to increase DPS for the whole team as high as possible.

What weapons are you using?
I have BMAK and Vector but wondered if the Cadaceus is better as its more skill orientated?

Armour:
Did you get blueprints for Marksman/Stamina and equip Electronic Mods or is your armour crafted towards Electronics?

I say use a sub machine gun for the natural crit chance with a capped out pulse adds another 40% crit on top of that. I use a assault rifle with crit chance mods for long range. My vector has around 40% crit chance with added mods so with pulse adding another %40, plus crit chance on gear, it's around 90% crit chance. Almost all the gear I have is crafted with electronic blueprints from the base. None from dark zone. I don't enjoy pvp. All my gear is tailored for pure electronics. Smart cover and pulse more than makes up my firepower and survivalbility Since theyre up 100% of the time. My build is easily obtainable by just doing dailies and buy blueprints.

Hmm see this doesn't look overpowering compared to what I was running. I was doing like 100,000 with Smart Cover and Pulse and my Electronics at the time was way low.

Yea, damage could be higher. But my DPS is only 85k with my vector and 7k pure bullet, so getting 50k per bullet from the build is amazing. All my gear is geared towards electronics. But as you can see, I don't really need more damage.

Damn man lol. I'm gonna keep saving until the limit which I think is 1000.

Lol, even though my stats are high, only half my gear is HE/LVL 31, so I've been buying up blueprints/recalibrating like crazy. It's difficult to upgrade and keep my stats up too.

i used them to buy high end mods and attachments from the DZ vendors to then deconstruct them for high end crafting materials

The turnaround on that is complete shit though.

Mods and attachments are like what.... 5000 each? They net you 2 blue materials per item.

You need 5 blue mats to upgrade to a high-end mat.

1 high-end item costs 8 high-end mats to craft (5 main, 3 secondary). So that is 40 blue mats per craft, or 20 items.

So 1 high-end craft would cost 100,000 DZ credits. Not really a worthwhile use for those funds.

Even though folks continue to believe (they may be right) that you should not create a balanced build the game itself points you in the balanced direction at every turn, at least in my experience. In order to both activate talents on weapons and get a damage reduction at 60+% (may be RNG influenced but the former is not) a balanced build is needed.

When I do these builds...

210K DPS, 50K Health
180 DPS, 80K Health

...neither allow me to activate weapon talents or have a damage reduction anywhere near 60% (in fact it sits at 40% with these builds).

You can still hit 60% armor without using a balanced build. If you roll Firearms mods until you have +armor on all of them, you're most of the way there. Then, all you need to do is make sure that at least 2 major pieces of equipment (like chest) have +armor as a Major.

I was sitting at 61% with a 3300/2000/1100 build. Firearms was closer to 3400 then it was 3300.

I just switched my backpack out for an Electronics one that had +armor, and switched the mod to an Electronics mod with +skill power, and I'm at 63.something% armor now and I'm still not what I'd call balanced.

Luckily, I don't have the problem with activating good talents on my weapons because all of my rolls are shit!

Yea, damage could be higher. But my DPS is only 85k with my vector and 7k pure bullet, so getting 50k per bullet from the build is amazing. All my gear is geared towards electronics. But as you can see, I don't really need more damage.

Have you taken this beast out to the DZ yet?

I want to see a Sticky Bomb with the BFB mod hit a group of agents.

I solo too much to run with this build but I bet it's awesome having you around in CMs.

Iceman829

Nice runs earlier ve3tro, draughn and believe. It's always fun when I can just fire my bunker buster at enemies and not have to worry about dying. Now I have to work the rest of the day since they fixed the server.

Please explain

It is weird that this is a map filled with skyscrapers that you have no access to. Basically the most interesting architecture on the map is not available to be explored. I realize that it would definitely be taxing from a graphical standpoint.

Nice runs earlier ve3tro, draughn and believe. It's always fun when I can just fire my bunker buster at enemies and not have to worry about dying. Now I have to work the rest of the day since they fixed the server.

Yea, that was awesome. I have to mentally reset before running with randoms again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom