• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Electronic build.............too stronk

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Hmm see this doesn't look overpowering compared to what I was running. I was doing like 100,000 with Smart Cover and Pulse and my Electronics at the time was way low.

FeD.nL

Did't they say that scavenging doesn't influence the frequency of HE drops but the quality of your drops? I remember them stating something like that on a stream.

Paertan

Did't they say that scavenging doesn't influence the frequency of HE drops but the quality of your drops? I remember them stating something like that on a stream.

Yes. Same amount of drops. But higher quality, not higher stat rolls just "color". Your Higher End drops will not be better but more frequent.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Shouldn't Bliss drop Phoenix Credits on General Assembly?

Also doesn't Perceptive talent have something to do with drops?

"Your Item find and Credit find bonuses are increased by 25% "

I've noticed since using it I seem to get Div Tech on enemies dropping.

4 days of gameplay and only one HE drop from any named elite in the game (zero HE from chests). RNGesus hates me :(

Took me 10 days of gametime to get my first High-End from a boss in the DZ.

Lender

I think I found out how to get the HUD to auto hide in the DZ. Whenever you log into the game while in the DZ, the auto hide hud is enabled. I just figured this out while testing.

Deku Tree

Ok I bought and crafted a Tenebrae because I liked the perks and I only had 4 DTech and I'm not about to Farm new DTech. I also bought the Custom M44 BP but didn't craft any. Maybe I'll Craft some if they make DTech easier to farm.

I'm also gonna slowly work on an Electronics Build for fun. Not crafting anything but I'll buy stand alone Electronics Gear if it is available and has a decent roll.

My HE Tenebrae has 154K DPS when equipped. My Superior First Wave M1A says that it has 165K DPS when Tenebrae is equipped. But when I equip my First Wave M1A then it's DPS goes down to 135K, and it claims that my Tenebrae DPS is 125K DPS when my First Wave M1A is equipped.

Also my Vector DPS varies between 179K, 176K, and 165K depending upon where I am in the menus for reasons...

...What is going on Massive?

VE3TRO, and all dudes in Europe plus one from New Zealand right.. What a DZ session on Saturday night during your YouTube stream.

Finally got my hands on a Midas. Then last night with Iceman got another one of course but with less DPS so using the original. I usually main an Assault Rifle but this is a real fun gun especially with extended mag, essential.

Overall super fun weekend though I'm still *this close* to DZ50 ahhh!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Bambi's shot at us then ran to the sports store trying to trap us at the stairs. I came up the rope and got on them right away. Didn't realize but everyone else was still downstairs but I luckily did it.

XqG9AOr.gif

VE3TRO, and all dudes in Europe plus one from New Zealand right.. What a DZ session on Saturday night during your YouTube stream.

Finally got my hands on a Midas. Then last night with Iceman got another one of course but with less DPS so using the original. I usually main an Assault Rifle but this is a real fun gun especially with extended mag, essential.

Overall super fun weekend though I'm still *this close* to DZ50 ahhh!

So fun dude. Got the bit when you got the first MIDAS. Your reaction was priceless.

https://youtu.be/QvnoT0QKXfQ?t=10502

We'll have to do it again this weekend.

The Astute talent on your gloves is the most ridiculous thing to have for your DPS calculation.

I have two gloves, both with around the same amount of Firearms on them. One has Astute, the other Savage. Both have 5% crit chance, 35% crit dmg. Astute has +Assault Rifle dmg, Savage has +10%dmg to elites.

But the way Astute plays into your DPS calculation makes the DPS on my MP5 go up by almost 20 thousand compared to the other gloves.

???.jpg

So I rolled some high-end knee pads and I got the perceptive talent which states "Perceptive: Your Item find and Gold find bonuses are increased by 25%."

Is this just a scavenging bonus or does this help with HE items drops and Gold Div Tech?

Bambi's shot at us then ran to the sports store trying to trap us at the stairs. I came up the rope and got on them right away. Didn't realize but everyone else was still downstairs but I luckily did it.

You roll with a balanced build, right?

Like, with all stats around 2000?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
You roll with a balanced build, right?

Like, with all stats around 2000?

2396 Firearms
1917 Stamina
1718 Electronics

Even though Electronics is low 2 mods on the slots increase skill power up 4,000.

Navy MP5 - 155,000 Primary DPS (Vicious, Accurate, Fierce)
BM AK-74 - 133,000 Secondary DPS (Balanced, Prepared, Competent)
Custom M44 120,000 Secondary DPS (Balanced, Steady, Vicious)
Px4 Storm - 40,000 Sidearm DPS (Expert, Deadly)

Crit hit chance 60%
Crit hit damage 110%
3,770 Armor (Mitigates 54% damage)

I use Booster Shot and Pulse Tatical. Loads of attributes on my armour increase hit chance and damage on Pulsed enemies.

Talents
- Critical Save
- One is None
- Precision
- Steady Hands

So I rolled some high-end knee pads and I got the perceptive talent which states "Perceptive: Your Item find and Gold find bonuses are increased by 25%."

Is this just a scavenging bonus or does this help with HE items drops and Gold Div Tech?

Use them if you can. I've noticed my drops have improved in the DZ when killing mobs that they drop Division Tech and crates give better loot like High-End mods or weapon attachments.

2396 Firearms
1917 Stamina
1718 Electronics

Even though Electronics is low 2 mods on the slots increase skill power up 4,000.

Navy MP5 - 155,000 Primary DPS (Vicious, Accurate, Fierce)
BM AK-74 - 133,000 Secondary DPS (Balanced, Prepared, Competent)
Custom M44 120,000 Secondary DPS (Balanced, Steady, Vicious)
Px4 Storm - 40,000 Sidearm DPS (Expert, Deadly)

Crit hit chance 60%
Crit hit damage 110%
3,770 Armor (Mitigates 54% damage)

I use Booster Shot and Pulse Tatical. Loads of attributes on my armour increase hit chance and damage on Pulsed enemies.

Talents
- Critical Save
- One is None
- Precision
- Steady Hands

Ahh.

I've got 3300 firearms, 2000 stamina, 1100 electronics, because I was chasing some DPS phantom for a little while, but I've suspected that the extra 700 or so in firearms could go into electronics to improve my DPS more so than having it locked in. The DPS number means fuck all, anyway.

I've got a good PvE MP5, with Brutal and Ferocious, but I need to roll one for PvP.

I'm up to 61% armor mitigation. I like taking 3 shotguns to the face before going down and it greatly improves my solo DZ life. 2v1 ain't a thing for the most part.

I'm interested in a sticky bomb build just so I can troll DZ groups. People tend to mob up for revives. I just don't have the heart to re-roll all of my gear mods to try to get electronics versions of my firearms ones that give +armor.

KJRS_1993

So what is the absolute best gear you can get right now? I'm pretty much fully loaded on Challenge mode and BoO Phoenix gear, but I still find myself getting shat on by players in the Dark Zone who I can barely damage.

Is it just DZ6 stuff now that's better?

Iceman829

I'm going to be taking a small break this week from the division so I can dive into Remedy's new masterpiece. So stoked.

Also getting both Alan Wake titles for free is just icing on this time traveling cake
that is definitely not a lie

M44 for sure. It's plenty powerful as is but slap an explosive round on it and agents will drop in one shot.

I was thinking of picking up QB as well. I'll probably still jump on to play with my friends though, so everyone is all caught up for incursions and hit DZ50.

I always forget to record stuff, but I should've captured the guy I hit a 108k crit on and snapped his head back. That guy just dropped. Then some other guy was doing a tactical roll and I hit him in the head and he stayed on his knees mid roll. I hit a random rogue last night for about 41k while he was surrounded by about 10 players. The group scattered and started looking for the shooter, but my team was already running down the road. Head shot playa!

Well I'm working from home until they fix the switch so I'm just picking up collectibles unless someone wants to run a CM or something

Trojan

Looking for some advice:

• I'm grinding DZ right now to get to level 50, and I have all high-end gear/guns with stats of 150k dps, 80k health, 10k skill.
  • Just about all my gear, except for 1 or 2 items, is lvl31.
  • For guns I have black market ak, vector, pakhan, and Damascus. All are lvl31 except for Damascus.

What's the next thing I should be saving up my PC for? Should all my yellows be lvl31 so I spend it on 31 blueprints? Is there another gun (eg Marksman rifle) that I should be saving up for? Should I just be re-rolling my gear/guns and then using reallocation?

Tawpgun

I'm just trying to figure out how people are getting the stats they are getting. I've moved through several gear items some high end some purple and I can't get close to some of your stats. I think I'm sitting st 114k dps on the vector, 100kish on the m1a, 70k health, 10k electronics.

Deku Tree

Looking for some advice:

• I'm grinding DZ right now to get to level 50, and I have all high-end gear/guns with stats of 150k dps, 80k health, 10k skill.
  • For guns I have black market ak, vector, pakhan, and Damascus. All are lvl31 except for Damascus.

What's the next thing I should be saving up my PC for? Should all my yellows be lvl31 so I spend it on 31 blueprints? Is there another gun (eg Marksman rifle) that I should be saving up for? Should I just be re-rolling my gear/guns and then using reallocation?

Yeah get a marksman rifle. M44 or m1a

Ok I bought and crafted a Tenebrae because I liked the perks and I only had 4 DTech and I'm not about to Farm new DTech. I also bought the Custom M44 BP but didn't craft any. Maybe I'll Craft some if they make DTech easier to farm.

I'm also gonna slowly work on an Electronics Build for fun. Not crafting anything but I'll buy stand alone Electronics Gear if it is available and has a decent roll.

My HE Tenebrae has 154K DPS when equipped. My Superior First Wave M1A says that it has 165K DPS when Tenebrae is equipped. But when I equip my First Wave M1A then it's DPS goes down to 135K, and it claims that my Tenebrae DPS is 125K DPS when my First Wave M1A is equipped.

Also my Vector DPS varies between 179K, 176K, and 165K depending upon where I am in the menus for reasons...

...What is going on Massive?

I posted this video of nearly the same happening to me. Different weapons but same effect. Been trying to figure it out for several days. Sometimes I get on and the damage is 25k less until I switch them back and forth between primary and secondary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWB8KSSZZxw

Most of that video was you deleting greens and blues... You gotta use mark for deleting and then delete all at once though!

lol, I did a poor job of showing, but the DPS was there before the deletions. As soon as I delete gear, it changes the DPS. Then I go to the weapons, reselect the same primary and both DPS go through the roof. Other things screw it up too, but if I switch the primary and secondary back and forth the DPS goes back.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Iceman I'm around to play today.

I'm just trying to figure out how people are getting the stats they are getting. I've moved through several gear items some high end some purple and I can't get close to some of your stats. I think I'm sitting st 114k dps on the vector, 100kish on the m1a, 70k health, 10k electronics.

Need to try for level 31 High-End gear, weapons and mods on everything. Once I did that I saw a huge boost.

Fistwell

Looking for some advice:

How good is your vector? The pakhan is a nice enough pve gun, but it never did much for me in pvp. Depending how good of a roll you got on that vector, I'd make rolling a nice gun my priority. Beyond that, I think it's a matter of specializing your (lvl31) gear towards one or a few things. Crit chance/dmg for DPS, or bonuses to whatever skill you use. If the gear you have is just one roll away from perfect, I'd spend PCs on rerolling. If not, gather div-tech to craft gear till you get something good enough. You can also hope for a lucky drop, but those seem few and far between. I'm roughly around where you are as well, hit me up if you want company for the grinding/farming. I think I have you on my friends list from destiny (PSN: zonySUX).

Thanks - I don't see those as blueprints at the BoE vendor...are those blueprints with the Dark Zone vendor?
There's a special M44 HE blueprint at the DZ06 vendor.

Edit: oh, wait, yeah, you'll need to be DZR50 to buy the good blueprints (including that M44).

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Thanks - I don't see those as blueprints at the BoE vendor...are those blueprints with the Dark Zone vendor?

If I remember correctly its the DZ06 vendor sells the M44 blueprint. Don't believe an M1A has been sold yet but you could get it to drop from a boss.

Ducktail

I spent 2 hours on Russian Consulate CM and I couldn't finish it. We started off well, with a 4-man team but once we got to the library one of the players quit and it was just too difficult.

I guess our DPS and skills weren't high enough to get past it

BTW, does anyone else use the mobile cover extension glitch to get past closed doors? This thing is so damn amazing, and we found out totally by accident.

darkwing

I spent 2 hours on Russian Consulate CM and I couldn't finish it. We started off well, with a 4-man team but once we got to the library one of the players quit and it was just too difficult.

I guess our DPS and skills weren't high enough to get past it

BTW, does anyone else use the mobile cover extension glitch to get past closed doors? This thing is so damn amazing, and we found out totally by accident.

yup, that is how you farm the Police Academy and the last mission

Question for people who have ran the PA mobile cover thing. I must have restarted the mission 10 times and every time the echo doesn't show up in the gym. Is there anything I need to do? I feel like the mission isn't properly starting for some reason which makes the echo not show up. On Xbox if that makes a difference.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Question for people who have ran the PA mobile cover thing. I must have restarted the mission 10 times and every time the echo doesn't show up in the gym. Is there anything I need to do? I feel like the mission isn't properly starting for some reason which makes the echo not show up. On Xbox if that makes a difference.

Works perfectly fine without MC and its worked flawless with :)

ChrisW

why, oh why do they not have a HE gloves blueprint at the BoO? I'm only level 38 DZ so I can't buy the ones in DZ06 yet :(

Getting a bit bored of trying to open chests now waiting for HE drops + killing bosses, only HE drop I've gotten was a crap scope that I don't even use.

The way I'm getting HE gear is buy doing Dailies, but when the CM is on something like Russian consulate, then I doubt I'll get anything for that day.

I think one of the issues with the game is that you constantly progress up to level 30 and then after that, you hit a "Massive" upward hill and the progression just comes to a halt. I would prefer the HE drop rate to be about 1% or 2%

EL CUCO

why, oh why do they not have a HE gloves blueprint at the BoO? I'm only level 38 DZ so I can't buy the ones in DZ06 yet :(

Getting a bit bored of trying to open chests now waiting for HE drops + killing bosses, only HE drop I've gotten was a crap scope that I don't even use.

The way I'm getting HE gear is buy doing Dailies, but when the CM is on something like Russian consulate, then I doubt I'll get anything for that day.

I think one of the issues with the game is that you constantly progress up to level 30 and then after that, you hit a "Massive" upward hill and the progression just comes to a halt. I would prefer the HE drop rate to be about 1% or 2%
You can farm any challenge mode misson you'd like as many times as you want to get a guaranteed random HE drop. The game doesn't restrict the HE reward to a challenging daily. The reward for doing the CM daily is extra Phoenix credits.

This game should give you more reason to want DZ credits. Maybe to buy division tech or something. As of right now there's very little reason to have it and it's just building up and up and up...

Deku Tree

Russian Consulate is just twice as long as the other CM missions. It has twice as many rooms with a lot of enemies in each room. Each room has rushing shotgunners, and healers, and armored Tanks.

Also if you use MM and you get too far (beyond the computer room) and people quit then new people spawn at the beginning and the computer room door is shut and doesn't open. The only thing we could figure out how to do is to wipe while the new people were standing next to the door, then they spawn in with you.

GazzaGSi

yup, that is how you farm the Police Academy and the last mission

I was doing it last night without the mobile cover.
If you take cover by little wall opposite the door, hold the direction so the white arrow comes up like you're about to slide around to the other side, double tap X (PS4) to barrel roll and direct it towards the door, you'll go through the door like it's not there.
I sometimes struggled to get the angle right with the mobile cover so this saves alot of time for me not having to wait for it to recharge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom