• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

The turnaround on that is complete shit though.

Mods and attachments are like what.... 5000 each? They net you 2 blue materials per item.

You need 5 blue mats to upgrade to a high-end mat.

1 high-end item costs 8 high-end mats to craft (5 main, 3 secondary). So that is 40 blue mats per craft, or 20 items.

So 1 high-end craft would cost 100,000 DZ credits. Not really a worthwhile use for those funds.

No - one of the DZ (03 or 04? vendors actually has a HE mod for sale straight up for DZ credits. Want to say it's maybe 8-10K. I think that's what people are referencing.

Log out to switch characters.

Error code Mike.

Every. Fucking. Time.

Ubisoft.

This kind of cracks me up. Oh you want to log out and stop playing? Guess what - too late - we're booting you anyways.

Man been grinding all morning and I think I went up two DZ levels :\

Almost level 40. Is this shit even worth it? Do the DZ vendors sell good stuff?

Did have two funny DZ moments. Extracting stuff, a guy comes in and tries to kill this 2 man group. One of them lobs a grenade, not realizing someone else saw the rogue icon and climbed up to kill the dude. They kill the rogue guy with the grenade, but do enough damage to the last guy that they also now go rogue. They do the give up emote and everything but it doesn't matter, the last guy mows them down and takes their shit. I would have helped and maybe stood between them, but I had two HE drops I wanted to extract :eek:

Running away from the same extraction point later on, one dude passes me. A couple seconds later another dude and I run by each other in opposite directions. He says something I can't understand. I'm getting shot... it's the two guys I just passed. I book it into the subway tunnels, run through a room full of enemies and a named boss, out the other side, and run a couple blocks more. I hadn't been shot in awhile so I think I am good, I stop and turn around.. mother fucker is right behind me. He tries to kill me but he must be a weak geared player like me, he almost downs me, I heal, I almost down him, he heals, he runs off I guess deciding it's a tougher fight than he wanted without his friend. I of course assume he's going to get his friend and come back so I run away.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Please explain

Thought it was a hint at future content that may have taken place in that skyscraper. Ala a Dredd style game mode to work your way up the floors.

But it's really just environment detail. The ropes above are the exit to the Hudson Yards mission.

UnWOPSh.png

:eek:

Hax

Fucking flashbang doesnt work half the time.

This is more annoying than D-Tech farming.

Damn man lol. I'm gonna keep saving until the limit which I think is 1000.

A single agent checked us out, ran away thinking we were bambi's and threw a grenade so I purposly stood on it. The tables turned quick, oh so quick.

9kaUfUF.gif

I'm running on XB1.

Did this to someone last night. Chucked a nade in our direction so I casually combat rolled right into it and caused his group of three to go rogue. They scattered and we mowed down two of them, including the nade tosser. The third got away. Slippery git. ;)

Fucking flashbang doesnt work half the time.
On npcs or players? If you have high resistance to disorientation then it won't effect you as much or at all, pretty sure.

For example, I can't bleed at all. 107% bleed resistance. Super useful when running away as a rogue lol.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Tear gas seem quite bad as well.

Shock grenades on the other hand.

tzFA1.gif

Did this to someone last night. Chucked a nade in our direction so I casually combat rolled right into it and caused his group of three to go rogue. They scattered and we mowed down two of them, including the nade tosser. The third got away. Slippery git. ;)

Good thing bambi hunting just began. He'll get mowed down eventually.

EL CUCO

This past weekend on separate occasions we ran a group Manhunt Rogues down to a dead end. As we collapsed on them to get the kills, they'd vanished into thin air...

Was that them hitting the lag switch and disconnecting, or could we really be that unlucky to have 2 separate groups get migrated from our server in the final moments of a Manhunt? :/

Question about the MP5 and which Extended Mag to use:

- Crit DMG
- Rate of Fire

The clip size buff's are equivalent.

EDIT: Or a third option, if a better option exists.

Sane_Man

Which is the best high end marksman rifle to buy? Is it the Ten.. something from Dark Zone?

I remember someone saying there's one that hits like a bull and can wreck fools in one hit.

Iceman829

Which is the best high end marksman rifle to buy? Is it the Ten.. something from Dark Zone?

I remember someone saying there's one that hits like a bull and can wreck fools in one hit.

If you want a high damage bolt action the M44 blaster cannon blueprint is for sale at the DZ06 vendor once you are dz rank 50. Tenebrae is also available if you like those types

Deku Tree

I bought the Tenebre because it's enough to for me, and it comes with set talents. The one your talking about is the HE Custom M44. But you need to farm a lot of DTech to try for a god roll.

I've seen the Custom M44 being thrown around a bunch, and I remember being told that the Tenebrae isn't that great. I need to get one of these, too.

Tawpgun

On npcs or players? If you have high resistance to disorientation then it won't effect you as much or at all, pretty sure.

For example, I can't bleed at all. 107% bleed resistance. Super useful when running away as a rogue lol.

On AI.

For instance. Shotgunners come rolling out the door. "dont worry guys ill flashbang them"

*shoots, explodes*

They run right through and murder us all. But good thing they were EMP'd!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
This past weekend on separate occasions we ran a group Manhunt Rogues down to a dead end. As we collapsed on them to get the kills, they'd vanished into thin air...

Was that them hitting the lag switch and disconnecting, or could we really be that unlucky to have 2 separate groups get migrated from our server in the final moments of a Manhunt? :/

Did there rogue emblems stay on the map?

We had a rogue on the map and went to check it out but no one was there apart from a body on the floor. I think it happens if the rogue is killed but instead of respawning they quit the game as they died.

I was rogue and died but during being killed the Xbox froze. When I rebooted up instead of respawning in the safehouse I was still in the street dead and had to wait 30 seconds for the respawn.

They may have transferred server or found a fast travel glitch.

anyone want to help me level up in DZ or do some daily's? I'm 90k, 70k ,and 12k, so I need some items.

psn blacksalad_

no mic btw, my ps headset broke, snapped at one of the joints.. Served me well for a couple years but I am sad :(

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Yeah I can't ever log out without getting that error.

It's super annoying, I always log out of every "online only" game just in case, it was a big issue when GTAO came out and it wasn't saving characters properly. But every time I have logged out in the last week I get an error.

EL CUCO

Did there rogue emblems stay on the map?

We had a rogue on the map and went to check it out but no one was there apart from a body on the floor. I think it happens if the rogue is killed but instead of respawning they quit the game as they died.

I was rogue and died but during being killed the Xbox froze. When I rebooted up instead of respawning in the safehouse I was still in the street dead and had to wait 30 seconds for the respawn.

They may have transferred server or found a fast travel glitch.
Both times they dissappeared it was like POOF, GONE. So weird because all this intense chasing and back and forth is goin on and then its like it wasn't even happening. No longer a notification on the hud of a Manhunt either. I wonder if you could join another friends game while being in Rogue. Need to try that tonight and see if that's what they did.

Deku Tree

Both times they dissappeared it was like POOF, GONE. No longer a notification on the hud of a Manhunt either. I wonder if you could join another friends game while being in Rogue. Need to try that tonight and see if that's what they did.

They can click on the "log out" button and then they get a 30 second until log out timer and they can run away from you for 30 seconds. I think.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I've just noticed something odd when switching between my normal character and the new one I made. The appearance items of shoes, and maybe some other clothes, change colour depending on what sex your character seems to be.

So this is my female one wearing just plain "waterproof shoes"
White/Black shoes with blue laces.

This is my second character which is male wearing again just the plain"waterproof shoes"
Black/Orange with blue laces.

What an odd choice to make, why not just have both as options? I was wondering why I had less white shoes on my male character but it seems to be because a good few are now orange instead.

You can still hit 60% armor without using a balanced build. If you roll Firearms mods until you have +armor on all of them, you're most of the way there. Then, all you need to do is make sure that at least 2 major pieces of equipment (like chest) have +armor as a Major.

I was sitting at 61% with a 3300/2000/1100 build. Firearms was closer to 3400 then it was 3300.

I just switched my backpack out for an Electronics one that had +armor, and switched the mod to an Electronics mod with +skill power, and I'm at 63.something% armor now and I'm still not what I'd call balanced.

Luckily, I don't have the problem with activating good talents on my weapons because all of my rolls are shit!

Have you taken this beast out to the DZ yet?

I want to see a Sticky Bomb with the BFB mod hit a group of agents.

I solo too much to run with this build but I bet it's awesome having you around in CMs.

Nah, I haven't tried this build in DZ. I don't do PVP.

But the maximum damage the sticker bomb can hit, from what I've seen, Is 200k. That'll pretty much down any agent who doesn't have smart link or survival link active.

Actually this build is very viable solo. Last night I wanted to try to see how far is get in challenge while solo, on the mission with the pipelines with the timer and I didn't wipe once, it was quite easy actually. But I didn't finish because got game invite from friend. As long as I was in smart cover, I was pretty much a god on the battlefield.

Not sure how that work against players were you don't have time to set up and use cover though.

But once I join a randoms game, we stay winning. People gon need me when that incursion rolls around.

Is there any High-End gear that DOESN'T require Phoenix credits?

...loaded up with $ and Dark Zone credits but haven't found a spot that sells HE items for those currencies and wondering if I'm just missing something.

I usually go with Fire rate. Why don't you Craft a HE ilvl 31 extended mag?

I don't have the money to buy the blueprint :(

And I'm still lvl 44 >_>

...loaded up with $ and Dark Zone credits but haven't found a spot that sells HE items for those currencies and wondering if I'm just missing something.
DZ04 safe house vendor iirc

spyder_ur

The Advanced Weapons vendor on the right side first floor has two named HE weapons - Pakhan (LMG) and Cassidy (I think thats the name, it's a Shotgun). Pakhan is actually a decent weapon because of its easy to access and solid talents. I think there are a few places you can get HE stuff from regular DZ credits? Or maybe just blueprints - there are definitely DZ vendors that sell blueprints for regular DZ cash, including some of the best in the game like the AUG, ACR, etc. I know for sure you can buy HE mods straight up for DZ funds.

phen0m24

How crazy are the hard dailies? Need some credits. Have done one CM with the invincible DJ, Grimlock and Tears but are the dailies solo-able or do you need a group?

Thanks peeps

Deku Tree

I don't have the money to buy the blueprint :(

And I'm still lvl 44 >_>

Buy the BP in the BoO.

How crazy are the hard dailies? Need some credits. Have done one CM with the invincible DJ, Grimlock and Tears but are the dailies solo-able or do you need a group?

Thanks peeps

They are pretty easy if you have a strong group. Lincoln Tunnel should be tonight, and then tomorrow night should be Lexington. Those are usually easy even with MM, and can go very fast with a strong group.

EL CUCO

Thanks peeps
Hard dailies are pretty easy. They're nothing like challenging.

Contrary to what Bungie says, its ok to matchmake ;P

Most randoms I've encountered are pretty well suited for hard. Just create your own session and open your party to let people join you. If you join someone else's session you're at risk of getting kicked for whatever reason...

That way if one of them is goofing off give em the boot.

Maximus P

Finally made it to level 30 today and I'm instantly regretting it. I was having loads of fun in the dark zone at lower levels, killing NPCs,opening chests, having tense moments at the extraction points...

Level 30 dark zone seems totally different. Firstly I'm yet to find a chest that is ready to be opened, they've all been activated...all of them. Secondly, I'm yet to come across a single other player that hasn't shot me the moment they've laid eyes on me instantly killing me as I only have poor equipment for my level and thirdly,I'm coming across hardly any NPCs, I can't venture into the harder DZ brackets because I'm not equipt, so I have to stay in the low levels where everyone else seems to be.

I suppose I'm one of these 'bambis' you guys are talking about.

WipedOut

Buy the BP in the BoO.

They are pretty easy if you have a strong group. Lincoln Tunnel should be tonight, and then tomorrow night should be Lexington. Those are usually easy even with MM, and can go very fast with a strong group.

You up to run reset tonight? I think Jaf will be on and will just need 1 more if you're in.

Iceman829

Thanks peeps

Run the daily hard missions everyday. There are 2 and they both reward you with 15 pcreds. You can just queue up matchmaking and join any random group. Everyone basically sprints through them and ditches their party and moves on to the next one

edit: Just to clarify the daily challenge mission is much different with matchmaking. If you are still a bit green as a lvl 30 and upgrading your gear try to get a few people and stick with lexington center. It has great funnels that allows everyone to team shoot. Focus on team shooting, healing and buffing each other. Smart cover is a great ability as it can stack with other smart covers deployed in the same area. In no time you'll be flying through CMs like the hard missions.

HoodWinked

i think the HE lvl30 AUG is better than a HE lvl31 vector

vector has a really janky horizontal kick that you cant remove even stacking a shitload of horizontal stability.

Most randoms I've encountered are pretty well suited for hard. Just create your own session and open your party to let people join you. If you join someone else's session you're at risk of getting kicked for whatever reason...

Once I bought the Vector 45 HE + the Extended Magazine HE, I found hard mode dailies to be a cakewalk solo. Can clear most of them without being downed in quick time.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Run the daily hard missions everyday. There are 2 and they both reward you with 15 pcreds. You can just queue up matchmaking and join any random group. Everyone basically sprints through them and ditches their party and moves on to the next one

Gonna head into the DZ in an hour or so. We will do Russian Consulate first so might take awhile. :p

Finally made it to level 30 today and I'm instantly regretting it. I was having loads of fun in the dark zone at lower levels, killing NPCs,opening chests, having tense moments at the extraction points...

Level 30 dark zone seems totally different. Firstly I'm yet to find a chest that is ready to be opened, they've all been activated...all of them. Secondly, I'm yet to come across a single other player that hasn't shot me the moment they've laid eyes on me instantly killing me as I only have poor equipment for my level and thirdly,I'm coming across hardly any NPCs, I can't venture into the harder DZ brackets because I'm not equipt, so I have to stay in the low levels where everyone else seems to be.

I suppose I'm one of these 'bambis' you guys are talking about.

Just run the dailies and save up a bunch of Phoenix credits. You'll be able to acquire enough decent gear to become more competitive in the DZ.

phen0m24

Buy the BP in the BoO.

edit: Just to clarify the daily challenge mission is much different with matchmaking. If you are still a bit green as a lvl 30 and upgrading your gear try to get a few people and stick with lexington center. It has great funnels that allows everyone to team shoot. Focus on team shooting, healing and buffing each other. Smart cover is a great ability as it can stack with other smart covers deployed in the same area. In no time you'll be flying through CMs like the hard missions.

I <3 ya "new" DGAF. Considers grabbing the lot of you to do them..... :)

Namikaze1

Just 10 more levels to hit 30 on my alt. Still got the right half of the map to complete. At least she has decent HE gear with Stamina and Electronics stats waiting for her in the player chest. Don't have to worry about grinding for those. Same for HE weapons.

Thanks peeps
The Hard Dailies are pretty easy to solo.

phen0m24

Just 10 more levels to hit 30 on my alt. Still got the right half of the map to complete. At least she has decent HE gear with Stamina and Electronics stats waiting for her in the player chest. Don't have to worry about grinding for those. Same for HE weapons.

The Hard Dailies are pretty easy to solo.

What are you doing later, Nami? :)

Iceman829

I <3 ya "new" DGAF. Considers grabbing the lot of you to do them..... :)

A nice way of tackling the CM for lincoln tunnel is after you clear the enemies in the "courtyard" (toll booth area) and jump over the barrier to head into the tunnel to defuse the bomb have 2 people hold the barrier and the other 2 clear the guys at the bottom. If you kill everyone in the first wave except someone that doesn't rush you can wait out the defuse timer and then kill the last enemy. Less people to kill.

Another useful item is the support station ammo box. It replenishes health and gives the team infinite ammo while inside the circle. It can also be tossed at teammates so they can revive themselves.

You can buy just about everything you need to upgrade via the BoO special vendor with pcreds. Vector/BM AK, Armor except for the Vest and holster if I recall correctly. If you have any questions about weapons, armor or gear rolls just post them. There are people here that can answer those questions better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom