• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1t4j

I tweaked my build a bit from:

190k dps 70k hp and 10k skill running
Pulse + Booster shot

to

168k dps 77k hp and 22k skill
Support station(life support) + Smart cover(recharger)

Then I equipped the talent Tech support, and I have 100% upkeep time on my skills.

I feel that like this I can be more supportive in a team and what I have noticed is that most CM runs go more smoothly.

I also changed my Black market AK for an M1A with balanced and brutal and my vector for an Mp5.

Bring on incursions :D

HoodWinked

I tweaked my build a bit from:

190k dps 70k hp and 10k skill running
Pulse + Booster shot

\to

168k dps 77k hp and 22k skill
Support station(life support) + Smart cover(recharger)

Then I equipped the talent Tech support, and I have 100% upkeep time on my skills.

I feel that like this I can be more supportive in a team and what I have noticed is that most CM runs go more smoothly.

I also changed my Black market AK for an M1A with balanced and brutal and my vector for an Mp5.

Bring on incursions :D

which m1a? cause those are god rolls on talents

PWEYuFe.jpg

Ducktail

yup, that is how you farm the Police Academy and the last mission

I'm an honest player, I don't look this sort of thing much.

BTW, didn't you get invited twice to a group yesterday? I was desperately trying to get people to finish challenging Consulate. Apologies if so.

Clearos

Anyone have success with a tech build? All my friends are going max DPS and I wanted a bit of variety and also anticipating that the new incursion will need more than just pure dps.

I was thinking of aiming for a balance build around 2k for FA,health and tech. Get a liberator or any rifle that has the treat to reduce cooldowns. Can it be possible to focus on purely stamina/Tech and just getting dmg via traits.

oSoLucky

Anyone have success with a tech build? All my friends are going max DPS and I wanted a bit of variety and also anticipating that the new incursion will need more than just pure dps.

I was thinking of aiming for a balance build around 2k for FA,health and tech. Get a liberator or any rifle that has the treat to reduce cooldowns. Can it be possible to focus on purely stamina/Tech and just getting dmg via traits.

A support techie boosts the group dps by a hell of a lot more than another assault character on top. You can also run healer, BFB, and other styles. The only downside is that for optimal performance, you'll want relevant skill stats on your gear which makes getting perfect gear even harder,though you don't need it to be perfect. Especially with new content/gear coming in a week.

Iceman829

Thanks wesley. My 3rd character is going to be designed after the dude playing the dude disguised as another dude. I will also speak only like him while playing on that character.

So, in my 4th run in the DZ, my hands are finally tainted.

My friend and I were running around shooting mobs when a group of 4 came and helped us out. Lo and a behold, a dude ran right in front of my friend's line of fire and we instantly went rogue, I was taken by surprised but somehow we managed to down all of them. I was the one who bashed all 4 of them to death. I really didn't want to but the damn fuckers forced us.

My friend then shouted at me to run and so we did, only to get ganked by another group for 4 rank 70 just mere meters away. Then 3 of those guys turned on the other one and turned rogue instead. We caught them in the extraction zone only to be gunned down instantly.

Everything lost, along with my conscience.

I know I shouldn't make a second character with Quantum Break and Destiny update coming out in the next week..

But I will. I know I will. Right after main hits DZ50. Ice let's D Tech hunt later!!

Iceman829

I know I shouldn't make a second character with Quantum Break and Destiny update coming out in the next week..

But I will. I know I will. Right after main hits DZ50. Ice let's D Tech hunt later!!

I'll be on around 9:30. Eating dinner at work right now

PatDH

Bambi's shot at us then ran to the sports store trying to trap us at the stairs. I came up the rope and got on them right away. Didn't realize but everyone else was still downstairs but I luckily did it.

XqG9AOr.gif

So fun dude. Got the bit when you got the first MIDAS. Your reaction was priceless.

https://youtu.be/QvnoT0QKXfQ?t=10502

We'll have to do it again this weekend.

VE3TRO, and all dudes in Europe plus one from New Zealand right.. What a DZ session on Saturday night during your YouTube stream.

Finally got my hands on a Midas. Then last night with Iceman got another one of course but with less DPS so using the original. I usually main an Assault Rifle but this is a real fun gun especially with extended mag, essential.

Overall super fun weekend though I'm still *this close* to DZ50 ahhh!

Yeah it was damn good haha. So much fun. That like 30+ minute Manhunt part was so intense! Can't wait til this weekend to do it all again.

oSoLucky

So, in my 4th run in the DZ, my hands are finally tainted.

My friend and I were running around shooting mobs when a group of 4 came and helped us out. Lo and a behold, a dude ran right in front of my friend's line of fire and we instantly went rogue, I was taken by surprised but somehow we managed to down all of them. I was the one who bashed all 4 of them to death. I really didn't want to but the damn fuckers forced us.

My friend then shouted at me to run and so we did, only to get ganked by another group for 4 rank 70 just mere meters away. Then 3 of those guys turned on the other one and turned rogue instead. We caught them in the extraction zone only to be gunned down instantly.

Everything lost, along with my conscience.

The sooner you lose your conscience the better. Now it's time to impart your newfound knowledge on other non-believers.

I wish the rogue kills weren't bugged. I killed 6 while I was soloing the other day and my total only went up by 2. So what did I do? Cheese the trophy of course. No regrets. I counted at least 38 that I had a significant part of from friend's videos, wish they counted if you contributed so much to the kill. Glad I don't have the Plat lingering anymore, and the compulsion that comes with it.

Yeah it was damn good haha. So much fun. That like 30+ minute Manhunt part was so intense! Can't wait til this weekend to do it all again.

Surviving multiple manhunts in that building while 4-5 agents tried to take us all down was really awesome. People can criticize the game or Dark Zone as much as they like, it's sequences like this that can't be had in most multi-player games. Very tense, a dozen players engaging at once, unsure of the ultimate outcome and then celebration when you come out unscathed!

I'll be on around 9:30. Eating dinner at work right now

Cool. I'm on the train home, catch up with you guys later.

BLunted

Banned

Yeah, I am running a maxed out skill power build, with pulse and smart cover. Its good to have one per team to prop everyone up and reduce damage, assuming you arent playing with rambos who rush and get themselves killed.

sam777

What is the best way to level up in the dark zone? I am currently level 21 and need to get to 30 to buy some decent weapon blueprints.

ChrisW

A nice way of tackling the CM for lincoln tunnel is after you clear the enemies in the "courtyard" (toll booth area) and jump over the barrier to head into the tunnel to defuse the bomb have 2 people hold the barrier and the other 2 clear the guys at the bottom. If you kill everyone in the first wave except someone that doesn't rush you can wait out the defuse timer and then kill the last enemy. Less people to kill.

Another useful item is the support station ammo box. It replenishes health and gives the team infinite ammo while inside the circle. It can also be tossed at teammates so they can revive themselves.

You can buy just about everything you need to upgrade via the BoO special vendor with pcreds. Vector/BM AK, Armor except for the Vest and holster if I recall correctly. If you have any questions about weapons, armor or gear rolls just post them. There are people here that can answer those questions better.

You can also skip a huge section at the start out, when you pass the mission message, run to the right side of the bridge, there will be some tarp in the wall on the right you can jump over at that bit. Then just run forward all the way sticking to the right and don't fire.

You can climb the ladder and start taking out he courtyard m, saves about 5/10 mins

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
What is the best way to level up in the dark zone? I am currently level 21 and need to get to 30 to buy some decent weapon blueprints.

Fastest: Group up and survive manhunts.

Safest: Group up to farm NPC's and kill rogues.

LifEndz

Anyone up for Dailies, Challange or DZ? I've tried matchmaking into a daily and can't seem to get a group.

PSN Lifendz

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
You can also skip a huge section at the start out, when you pass the mission message, run to the right side of the bridge, there will be some tarp in the wall on the right you can jump over at that bit. Then just run forward all the way sticking to the right and don't fire.

You can climb the ladder and start taking out he courtyard m, saves about 5/10 mins

Everytime I've done that with people on CM someone always attracts the second lot of guys at the start of the arch, which leads to the first guys usually joining in, which leads us to being sniped from two sides up the ladder and thrown grenades landing everywhere like they were going out of fashion. Which is fine, we deal with them eventually, but it has only made the level much longer for me than if we just shot them normally.

Sane_Man

After playing this game an unhealthy amount since release I'm finally done with it. The Division Tech bullshit has killed all the fun for me. I farmed for 6 hours today, opening countless boxes and killing endless enemies and bosses I got ONE high end division tech and no high end drops. In the same time my friend got 12 high end division techs and 3 high end boss drops items. We have the same scavaging. It's been this way the whole time we've played. I'd estimate he gets at least 8 times as many high end drops as me.

The RNG on this game has killed the fun way more than Destiny ever could.

So glad Dark Souls 3 is around the corner.

blacklotus

Couple of questions:

Got 200 PC. Vector and Mag HE.
Next is Black Market AK, right?

Also, got to 30 before finishing and opening up all the zones. Should i just finish the quests or just wait for expansion for easy xp then?

Gator86

After playing this game an unhealthy amount since release I'm finally done with it. The Division Tech bullshit has killed all the fun for me. I farmed for 6 hours today, opening countless boxes and killing endless enemies and bosses I got ONE high end division tech and no high end drops. In the same time my friend got 12 high end division techs and 3 high end boss drops items. We have the same scavaging. It's been this way the whole time we've played. I'd estimate he gets at least 8 times as many high end drops as me.

The RNG on this game has killed the fun way more than Destiny ever could.

So glad Dark Souls 3 is around the corner.

Absolutely the same with me. I was disappointed with Destiny's endgame, but I stuck with it for a decent while. Division broke me in less than a day after I got to the grind division tech aspect. Every though I mostly dropped the game, I still check this topic now and then and see a version of this post every time. Kind of astounding that Massive fumbled this aspect so badly.

I'll check back in after finishing Quantum, Souls, and Ratchet, but I don't expect incursions and the DZ supply drop bandaid to fix much.

Couple of questions:

Got 200 PC. Vector and Mag HE.
Next is Black Market AK, right?

Also, got to 30 before finishing and opening up all the zones. Should i just finish the quests or just wait for expansion for easy xp then?

That looks like a good plan. I'm not sure on the missions. You don't really need the XP at this point, but you may need to to run the dailies on those missions.... not positive. You really just need to level up DZ, look for drops, and deconstruct. You do need to have all three areas of the base leveled up completely.

I make the same loop before I start playing. Tools, Electronics, Firearms parts near base....Then every container that gives out items in the base....Appearance vendor...crafting table...Then I head out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom