• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have success with a tech build? All my friends are going max DPS and I wanted a bit of variety and also anticipating that the new incursion will need more than just pure dps.

I was thinking of aiming for a balance build around 2k for FA,health and tech. Get a liberator or any rifle that has the treat to reduce cooldowns. Can it be possible to focus on purely stamina/Tech and just getting dmg via traits.

12901385_256595834674180_3819055409034091224_o.jpg

u2ruBB2m.jpg
ru2F4Y5m.jpg
uBPtTl8m.jpg

100% upkeep on the action skills.

I would tell you how powerful and OP a tech build is, but actions speak louder than words.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Not only do you gets those buffs, but your entire team does too. And if they are running DPS builds, geezus. Dont even need a tank, when a single skill can turn the whole team into tanks with 70% damage reduction.

Get your Electronic to 50k and use the skills smart cover and pulse, try it. Boy oh boy, it will be HARD going back to a DPS build.

blacklotus

That looks like a good plan. I'm not sure on the missions. You don't really need the XP at this point, but you may need to to run the dailies on those missions.... not positive. You really just need to level up DZ, look for drops, and deconstruct. You do need to have all three areas of the base leveled up completely.

I make the same loop before I start playing. Tools, Electronics, Firearms parts near base....Then every container that gives out items in the base....Appearance vendor...crafting table...Then I head out.

Thanks!

Was really talking about the side quests. Done all the missions already for the road to 30 and keep doing them for Daily's and CM.

Bought the AK.

Edit: And i've been deconstructing and not using the mats since level 1. ;)

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I keep seeing this term, "BAMBI" in this thread.

What does that mean???

Its funny because thats the name of my sisters dog, so the term gathers interest.

Lol. Something I decided to call agents we chase in the DZ. Bambi's are the innocent agents and we hunt them.

Deku Tree

12901385_256595834674180_3819055409034091224_o.jpg

u2ruBB2m.jpg
ru2F4Y5m.jpg
uBPtTl8m.jpg

100% upkeep on the action skills.

I would tell you how powerful and OP a tech build is, but actions speak louder than words.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Not only do you gets those buffs, but your entire team does too. And if they are running DPS builds, geezus. Dont even need a tank, when a single skill can turn the whole team into tanks with 70% damage reduction.

Get your Electronic to 50k and use the skills smart cover and pulse, try it. Boy oh boy, it will be HARD going back to a DPS build.

It doesn't look like you are the only one firing on that shotgunner in that gif. I've seen those shotgunners go down that fast or faster with focus fire without a tech build. Just saying.

Thanks!

Was really talking about the side quests. Done all the missions already for the road to 30 and keep doing them for Daily's and CM.

Bought the AK.

Edit: And i've been deconstructing and not using the mats since level 1. ;)

Nice! I think those side quests are useless at this point then. What system are you on?

RyanDG

As much as I would like to say that tech builds are really valuable, since I enjoy the one I run, in all honesty, with the way this game is set up there is nothing in the game that can't just be DPS raced down. In addition to this, in most instances, it honestly feels that in most cases that DPS racing is far more effecient and effective. What the game really needs are encounters that can't simply be DPS'd down and more skill differentiation from 50k skill power and 10k skill power. The skill power numbers may be different but in a lot of instances they don't 'feel' different compared to 4 dps builds dpsing the encounter with limited effects from skill power.

Let's hope the incursions change this dynamic.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Something weird happened to me today.

I was doing Russian Consulate challenge with matchmaking. They guys I grouped were pretty cool and fun to play with. One of the dudes leaves for like 15 mins, so his buddy decided to run matchmaking again. I told him I knew someone so I sent out invites. So at some point another one of his friends decides to leave for a long time so I invited another friend of mine.

Anyway my friends are all geared up so we get to the Hornet fight pretty quickly...

The original player tried to kick out all of us so he that he can invite all his friends back!

He made a mistake and instead made me group leader LOL! He rage quits, and we decide to finish the challenge with just 3 people.

It doesn't look like you are the only one firing on that shotgunner in that gif. I've seen those shotgunners go down that fast or faster with focus fire without a tech build. Just saying.

Fair assessment, but it's the same even solo.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Does this second gif, show really big in size???

The point is, you dont need to have a 200k DPS build to obtain that level of damage. There's another path for those that don't want to farm the Dark Zone for the best DPS gear.

squidyj

also I'm tech build and my crit headshots are like 120k (with buffs) so...... there's room to go up from that

That's using the vector btw.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Shut up man, you're making me jealous. Still have 4 hours of work left and by then you guys will be off. Time zones suck haha.

It was insane. Only Wes survived. I got to the Dtech building street we was in the other night and got fucked by like 5 from all directions lol.

dLMN8R

Is Grand Central completely bugged for anyone else? I'm trying to do the mission for my first time and, two times in a row, I completely fall through the world once I go down two levels, shortly after starting the mission.

Laughlin

Is there a sort of guide to what to do in the endgame? I just beat the story and am at level 28. What do I do besides get to 30 to do the dailies?

darkwing

I'm an honest player, I don't look this sort of thing much.

BTW, didn't you get invited twice to a group yesterday? I was desperately trying to get people to finish challenging Consulate. Apologies if so.

hmm can't seem to recall, just msg me for CMs though

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Yo, Dr_G_Writer, throw those gifs into quote tags at least.

It was insane. Only Wes survived. I got to the Dtech building street we was in the other night and got fucked by like 5 from all directions lol.

Wes always survives because he throws bleeds on his teammates so they get taken by the wolves.

Fresh 30. Crappy purple gear.

Should I grind DZ rank now? Anything I can buy/craft right now or do I need DZ rank first?

You need to be DZ rank 50 to buy any blueprints. Focus on doing the CM, either Lincoln Tunnel or Lexington Event Center are the easiest, to get HE gears and Phoenix Credits. Afterwards buy HE blueprints in the BoO.

th3dude

You need to be DZ rank 50 to buy any blueprints. Focus on doing the CM, either Lincoln Tunnel or Lexington Event Center are the easiest, to get HE gears and Phoenix Credits. Afterwards buy HE blueprints in the BoO.

Cool thanks.

Anyone on PC want to run the dailies? I can do hard mode pretty easily but can't do CM quite yet (unless the group is high level).

Ryhian

Anyone doing DZ on PS4 for dtech/xp they wouldn't mind a DZ lowbie to tag along? Spent most of my time in the core game and haven't spent much in DZ.

PSN ryhian

phen0m24

"Know what could be fun? Checking out DZ06!" I said.

"Oh I killed the guy in the subway! This isn't so bad!" I said.

"Wait 8 yellows? Does that say 8?"

"Maybe I can get to DZ05 with my 9 items somehow" I said.

YOU DIED

PboFU2s.jpg

"Know what could be fun? Checking out DZ06!" I said.

"Oh I killed the guy in the subway! This isn't so bad!" I said.

"Wait 8 yellows? Does that say 8?"

"Maybe I can get to DZ05 with my 9 items somehow" I said.

YOU DIED

PboFU2s.jpg

Yeah, best take a team with you when venturing into 5 & 6.

Got caught up watching the NC game after dinner. That's why I haven't popped back on for CM.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
4 deep with Ve3tro, Tawp and Iceman. I wager we've killed upwards of 60-70 innocents in total tonight lol.

Shit was nuts. Just as you left 2 bambi's were extracting at DZ06 and we got them.

http://xboxclips.com/VE3TRO/483d3628-8e99-43b2-8625-23f4d052f868

Also got that other poor guy. Both around 2:30 in the videos. Gotta try for an 8 man run this weekend.

http://xboxclips.com/VE3TRO/8fbff291-9abf-4617-bc9f-1584c2c1ff03

http://xboxclips.com/Iceman829/0f55760f-3ad3-422f-99ad-196ebbc26ac1

I did a little reconstructive surgery on this guys face

Haha holy shit.

Qwell

Has Ubisoft mentioned if they will have more PvE endgame content? Like hard mode missions with good end game loot? I understand raids are coming, just wondering if that is it for endgame? I loathe PvP, not unless its purely for sport, but fuck trying to level up a character while having to constantly watch my back for players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom