• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Has Ubisoft mentioned if they will have more PvE endgame content? Like hard mode missions with good end game loot? I understand raids are coming, just wondering if that is it for endgame? I loathe PvP, not unless its purely for sport, but fuck trying to level up a character while having to constantly watch my back for players.

Right now they have the four Challenge mode missions they can be done whenever and they give 30 PC and a HE gear piece every time. There is one daily challenge mode mission for 50 PC and a HE gear piece, and two hard missions a day for 15 PC each.

They are releasing an Incursion on April 12. It does not look like a Raid. It looks to me more like a Horde mode with a final round boss that is immune to bullet damage and requires a strategy to beat. It does not have any checkpoints. If you wipe then you need to start over, like a year 1 Destiny Nightfall. This says to me that it is fairly short when you are properly geared.

They have a free May update scheduled which is supposed to include another incursion and more Challenge mode story missions.

The Dark Zone is not really PvP. It's PvE with the risk of getting attacked, but getting attacked by other players is still very rare. I don't like PvP and I have fun in the Dark Zone.

J-Rzez

Decided to silently watch over players in the DZ. When the typical spineless griefers inevitably showed up at extractions to attack other players when they were busy fighting mobs, we stomped them straight into the dirt where they came from. Beat down these rogues so bad they either logged or switched instances. Lol.

Is the rogue agents killed tracker broke or lagging? I didn't get credit, and many were solo kills.

Its kinda fun being the Judge Dredd of this game, serving justice to the common gaming criminal scrums.

tick221

Welp I spent a little time at the old crafting table tonight

aWLgv3Ml.jpg

and while I can''t seem to get a decent roll on my guns I'm pretty happy with where I'm at right now. The chest piece was a default roll with 3 slots, no re-calibration needed :)

6MzM64Bl.jpg

kagamin

Decided to silently watch over players in the DZ. When the typical spineless griefers inevitably showed up at extractions to attack other players when they were busy fighting mobs, we stomped them straight into the dirt where they came from. Beat down these rogues so bad they either logged or switched instances. Lol.

Is the rogue agents killed tracker broke or lagging? I didn't get credit, and many were solo kills.

Its kinda fun being the Judge Dredd of this game, serving justice to the common gaming criminal scrums.

I like the idea of doing that, don't have the equipment to back it up though.

Qwell

Right now they have the four Challenge mode missions they can be done whenever and they give 30 PC and a HE gear piece every time. There is one daily challenge mode mission for 50 PC and a HE gear piece, and two hard missions a day for 15 PC each.

They are releasing an Incursion on April 12. It does not look like a Raid. It looks to me more like a Horde mode with a final round boss that is immune to bullet damage and requires a strategy to beat. It does not have any checkpoints. If you wipe then you need to start over, like a year 1 Destiny Nightfall. This says to me that it is fairly short when you are properly geared.

They have a free May update scheduled which is supposed to include another incursion and more Challenge mode story missions.

The Dark Zone is not really PvP. It's PvE with the risk of getting attacked, but getting attacked by other players is still very rare. I don't like PvP and I have fun in the Dark Zone.
I'm just butt hurt since my first foray into the DZ as a lowly lvl 21 and I was killed and looted within 5 minutes just minding my own business. I know you may not get attacked often, but I just didn't want to bother if PvP was the only way of getting the HE gear, glad to hear about the challenge modes, still a lot to learn about the game.

theWB27

What's the confirmation that the game changes stats or something?

I'm positive a few days ago my armor could sit at the max along with mitigation at 65%.

Now no matter what I do the highest I can get is 48%. Is it because I'm ranking up and I need better gear?

Tawpgun

4 deep with Ve3tro, Tawp and Iceman. I wager we've killed upwards of 60-70 innocents in total tonight lol.

Killed servers to extinction

Jesus what a firefight.

http://xboxclips.com/VE3TRO/a3b25d90-0b67-4cc2-9507-c4a7f8377eb1

Dont think I got the final part.

That server was nuts. We were in a dead server and then reloaded into that one. Was just multiple groups going rogue on each other but we ended up the dominant team. That server went more or less extinct also lol
but what's the point

Making our own fun. Wes stole a high end shotty off a dude so theres that.

Deku Tree

I'm just butt hurt since my first foray into the DZ as a lowly lvl 21 and I was killed and looted within 5 minutes just minding my own business. I know you may not get attacked often, but I just didn't want to bother if PvP was the only way of getting the HE gear, glad to hear about the challenge modes, still a lot to learn about the game.

The Dark Zone is kind of pointless before you hit lvl 30 unless you are just having fun there. All the gear you get before you hit level 30 is going to be dismantled anyway.

Basically if you want to gear up you (1) play the game and do the story missions and the side quests to hit level 30 and fully build up your BoO. Then (2) enter the DZ with a group of four and collect enough lvl 30 gear to be fully wearing all purple superior gear. Then (3) do the hard daily missions and when your gear is good enough do the daily challenge mission. And upgrade to High End gear with stats that suit your desired build.

There were a lot of farming glitches in the early weeks of the game, so a lot of people were able to max out their builds really quickly.

Iceman829

TheBear

I've reached level 30 and maxed out the BoO

Should I bother with side missions and encounters? Is level 30 the max level?

Also I have a shit ton of materials but nothing to craft. Where do I find blueprints? And how can I ever afford to buy a HE weapon? I've put 40 hours into the game and just managed to reach $100k without spending anything except for some weapon skins

Deku Tree

Also I have a shit ton of materials but nothing to craft. Where do I find blueprints? And how can I ever afford to buy a HE weapon? I've put 40 hours into the game and just managed to reach $100k without spending anything except for some weapon skins

BP are sold upstairs at the tech wing vendor. And in the DZ. run daily challenge missions to get PC and use it to buy HE gear.

Tawpgun

Finally hit lvl 50

Wasted all Dtech trying tor roll a M44 with brutal/other good talents and gloves with savage.

All Dtech gone.

Now the real endgame begins

oSoLucky

Leveling my alt was horrible at first. Took 2 weeks to get to level 10. I went 10 to 20 today and having a blast. Destroying shit with Pulse/Smart Cover and being over leveled.

Now that you're 30 you can buy HE blueprints and items from a vendor upstairs in the BoO. Once you hit DZ 50 you can buy HE blueprints and items from dark zone vendors.

Challenge modes will give you a guaranted HE gear item upon completion and the chance at HE drops, both gear and weapons.

Warablo

What's the confirmation that the game changes stats or something?

I'm positive a few days ago my armor could sit at the max along with mitigation at 65%.

Now no matter what I do the highest I can get is 48%. Is it because I'm ranking up and I need better gear?

Were you in cover? That armor talent that increases armor in cover could be the verdict.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Finally hit lvl 50

Wasted all Dtech trying tor roll a M44 with brutal/other good talents and gloves with savage.

All Dtech gone.

Now the real endgame begins

Let's kill Wes and take his. Keep it on the dl though.

I didn't even realize I was credited for some of those kills. That firefight was great. Almost the whole zone was duking it out.

We had a blast playing together and the entire server had an all out war going on. We ended up as the top dogs and people slowly left

i imagine a lot of people are going to leave when you have large groups of people ganking solo players trying to rank up to get the gear that the exploiters all got 2 weeks after release

Iceman829

i imagine a lot of people are going to leave when you have large groups of people ganking solo players trying to rank up to get the gear that the exploiters all got 2 weeks after release

Tonight we had 4 players in a squad (the max size). The entire server was just going rogue and chasing after one another. There was no super team other than our superior firepower

TheBear

Now that you're 30 you can buy HE blueprints and items from a vendor upstairs in the BoO. Once you hit DZ 50 you can buy HE blueprints and items from dark zone vendors.

Challenge modes will give you a guaranted HE gear item upon completion and the chance at HE drops, both gear and weapons.

Cool thanks. What about the rest of the side missions and encounters?

oSoLucky

Same old tired complaint. Hornet and Hutch just got patched. There was plenty of time to farm them, and 8-10 man CMs. If you didn't play much, then you can't expect to be on the same gear level as those with 10 days in. All of those people would also be max gear at this point anyway since it's very easy to get 150-200 PC and 3-5 DZ ranks a day with a few hours of playing. It was actually harder to hit DZ 50 before the change since deaths were penalized so much. I also solo every day and rarely get ganked. It's pretty easy to avoid getting repeatedly killed.

theWB27

Sorry we picked up some random. I should've kicked him for you. He crawled away from my revive and got me killed

Shame. I'll just keep on the dz.

Does you group do the flash bang combo? I ran into a 4 man group last nigh or this morning that kept demolishing me with it.

TehPabz

Which gun is better? The vector acp or the first wave vector I got both in the dark zone earlier today they are both high ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom