• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

Damn. Once again joined another person on accident trying to get to BoO. I dont get why there's a 2 step requirement to fast travel to the base but not to join another player

JTripper

I have yet to run through the dark zone with a (trustworthy) squad at level 30. I just got max level and beat the story so I'd like to run through the dark zone with some people. Anyone want to on PS4?

My PSN is JxOxHxSxOxN

mackaveli

any other named bosses outside darkzone that are close that aren't Aurora safe house. I killed that boss already :( I dont mind running a little farther if i have to

JJD

Need some advice from the pros.

I have 123K DPS, 54K Health and 10K Skill right now.

I running with a HE AK, bulletproof vest, backpack and holster.

I think I need a bit of health and my secondary just isn't cutting it any more (a great purple LMG, shame it's only lvl 28)

Should I get the Vector or should I focus on getting my health up?

SirDgby

Neo Member
Need some advice from the pros.

I have 123K DPS, 54K Health and 10K Skill right now.

I running with a HE AK, bulletproof vest, backpack and holster.

I think I need a bit of health and my secondary just isn't cutting it any more (a great purple LMG, shame it's only lvl 28)

Should I get the Vector or should I focus on getting my health up?

work on health imo... vector vs ak is more of a preference, 54k is pretty low

Animator

Do we have solid info on what the skill power does?

Like how much stronger is my skill when used with 10k skill power vs 20k skill power? Be it healing or offensive. I am lke 100 hours in the game and still not super clear on how this stuff works.

I'm only about 50% of the way through, but I sort of wish more variety could have been thrown in with enemies using LAWs or even some vehicle encounters. You're telling me no one brought a Humvee with a .50 or no one snagged one of the choppers during a civilian extract?

Also weird that aside from the supply defense missions with the IEDs, there's very little improvised explosives you'd think there would be. No pipe bombs. No molotovs. Just grenades and the C4/napalm(?) proximity devices.

Is the police MK17 good? I have enough PC and wondering if i should buy armor blueprints or this blueprint. I currently have Vector as my primary.

bati

Like how much stronger is my skill when used with 10k skill power vs 20k skill power? Be it healing or offensive. I am lke 100 hours in the game and still not super clear on how this stuff works.

Depends on the skill but generally it affects all properties - cooldown, range, effect strength, duration. You can unequip some item with Electronics on it and then compare the new values with old on your Skills tab.

If you're asking about the gain curve / diminishing returns - no idea.

Klyka

Banned
Is the Pahkan from the advanced weaponry vendor worth 481k credits?

Yes. A friend has it and it eats elites/named enemies for breakfast because of it's talents.

When the armor is up the gun does 31% extra damage to elites/named just by itself

then you add all your smart cover stuff and pulse and such on top.

It MINCES.

Someone in the thread said "this might be a Gjallarhorn situation" and I fully agree.
I feel down the line people who haven't picked it up will be super salty when it's not on sale anymore

I am currently saving for it.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Is the police MK17 good? I have enough PC and wondering if i should buy armor blueprints or this blueprint. I currently have Vector as my primary.

MK17 has crap base accuracy and lacks the punch of rifles like the M1A. That punch combined with the accuracy to headshot at medium to long range is the only reason to carry a marksman rifle in the first place.

You're better off with a good purple socom m1a, IMHO, which isn't that hard to find.

I matchmade into Lincoln Tunnel's Challenge Mode. I realized within a few seconds that there were two teams of four playing the mission.

We tore through the Challenge Mode mission in record time. Having double the firepower made it easy pickings. All buffs from both teams carried over to all players. We were able to revive one another independent of which team of origin.

All I learned is you had people dying in an 8-man team. ;)

pringles

Yeah I would like to know as well. The game does a terrible job explaining firearms/stamina/skillpower, as well as how armor/health works. Should I focus on getting as much armor as possible? As much health as possible? If I'm doing a "medic" build, should I focus on skillpower or stamina (one figures the 'health' stat should help health related powers?)..

Kalentan

aUKb.png

Liking how my build is coming around. Damage maybe could be higher, but the 76k health has been serving me well. A good high-end mag ended up getting my DPS to 99k and then buying and crafting 3 high end gear mods, I got the damage to go up to 100k and one of the mods gave a little 1k bonus to my skill power.

I do have a hard choice though. I could do this:

Which would reduce my primary DPS to 95k and take a hit to my Skill power... But damn that Health increase! My one high end gear mod would bring my DPS to 97k and my skill power up to 16k.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Does FaintColt play this game? I think we just ran into him in the DZ.

We killed him.

Animator

Yeah I would like to know as well. The game does a terrible job explaining firearms/stamina/skillpower, as well as how armor/health works. Should I focus on getting as much armor as possible? As much health as possible? If I'm doing a "medic" build, should I focus on skillpower or stamina (one figures the 'health' stat should help health related powers?)..

For armor you can see it's effect under the character tab. It migitates a certain % of weapon damage based on your armor rating. I heard it maxes out at %70 or something though. Might be wrong.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Vendor at The Firewall safehouse has some nice assualt gloves for 30k.

For anybody wondering:

NnQSxZq.png

Took vector from ~87k DPS to ~95k DPS, but lost me 12k HP in the process so not sure if I'll actually use them all the time. :) Does the health on kill proc for any enemy you hit that ends up dying or only on last hits?

Any quick leveling tips?

Just hit 20 but it seems that my XP bar is moving a lot slower. I want to start my gear grind :p

Quests and sidequests. Headshot kills give increased exp too.

Unlock safe houses and discover DZ areas also. You can achieve the latter by entering the checkpoint entrance of that DZ bracket and walking towards the vendor, so you don't even have to enter the DZ proper.

MGrant

Got to just a hair below 27 last night. Really enjoying this game. Had a rather tedious run through the Grand Central mission when I was grouped with two underleveled/undergeared players, though. They kept trying to faceroll enemies that just tore them apart every single time. By the time I realized I was the only one consistently surviving or doing damage, though, we were halfway through and I was too stubborn to give up and find another group.

It's also great with gyro-assisted aiming with the Steam Controller. Had a weird thing happen over the last couple of days, however: first, it was registering multiple button presses (additionally pressing A when I pressed B, bringing up the map when I clicked the left stick), so I turned off Steam beta and it worked fine. One day later, it started doing it again, so I turned Steam beta back on and it fixed it again. I don't even know.

If you look under the Character tab and scroll down it should tell you a bit more about the stats.

Armor does mitigate damage while Health is just your health pool. Stamina gives, I believe, 30 Health for every 1 point of Stamina. So +Stam is better than +Health on Gear as it scales better. I don't remember Electronics amount but I think it's actually 10 Skill Power for every 1 point of Electronics. I have absolutely no clue about Firearms to DPS because that's a complete cluster of values, variables, and estimation.

Any other good xp payouts but the first run of the main missions? I've only got the level 26 and 27 ones left to do and I'm only level 21 and repeating the ones I've beaten is proving to be a slow grind.

MGrant

Any other good xp payouts but the first run of the main missions? I've only got the level 26 and 27 ones left to do and I'm only level 21 and repeating the ones I've beaten is proving to be a slow grind.

No big payouts, but I've just been doing the side missions/encounters in every area and it's taken me close to or over the recommended level for every mission so far. If you're in the appropriate area, it usually takes 4 or 5 completed tasks to get a level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom