• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any other good xp payouts but the first run of the main missions? I've only got the level 26 and 27 ones left to do and I'm only level 21 and repeating the ones I've beaten is proving to be a slow grind.

You need to run lots of side quests. The game naturally keeps you leveled to content, so I assume you've been skipping lots of stuff. Finish side quests in a zone and you are sent to a new informant in a new safe house. Tons of experience.

I was over leveled the whole way up. It was insanely frustrating teaming up with people 2-3 levels under the suggested minimum for story missions. I still remember basically soloing the final boss while my three teammates did nothing. After I killed him, dude on the mic says, "I just need two more levels to wear all these level 28 drops!" :(

Kazuhira

Just killed the leader of the cleaners with a group of randoms,i couldn't pick the loot because my backpack was full so i started disarming shit while i was on fire but i died lol
Can you increase the capacity of your stash in the safe zone? Why call it stash if your backpack can hold 5x items? lol.
Seriously,item management is starting to become a problem for me.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Half way through challenge mode and some dude decided to go idle. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Sidequests?

No big payouts, but I've just been doing the side missions/encounters in every area and it's taken me close to or over the recommended level for every mission so far. If you're in the appropriate area, it usually takes 4 or 5 completed tasks to get a level.

Ah, yep. I'd written them off after noticing the small xp payouts of some of them but looking again now I have a few that are worth over 40k xp so not too bad. I really need to figure out how to open up the safe houses and unlock some more of them now. Really paying the price for basically ignoring everything but the main missions now.

You need to run lots of side quests. The game naturally keeps you leveled to content, so I assume you've been skipping lots of stuff. Finish side quests in a zone and you are sent to a new informant in a new safe house. Tons of experience.

I was over leveled the whole way up. It was insanely frustrating teaming up with people 2-3 levels under the suggested minimum for story missions. I still remember basically soloing the final boss while my three teammates did nothing. After I killed him, dude on the mic says, "I just need two more levels to wear all these level 28 drops!" :(

That's pretty much my play through in a nutshell so far. Luckily I manage to hold my own somehow even 3 levels below par and do decent damage still but I really should take the time to see to the side content. I've not even opened any safe houses that weren't mandatory.

ISOM

Just killed the leader of the cleaners with a group of randoms,i couldn't pick the loot because my backpack was full so i started disarming shit while i was on fire but i died lol
Can you increase the capacity of your stash in the safe zone? Why call it stash if your backpack can hold 5x items? lol.

Your backpack size increases as you level up. It's still not enough imo though.

III-V

Break it down or sell it, you won't need it soon anyway.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Yo Granadier about to go in the DZ. Can I join in with you? I have a mic but can't really talk due to it being late.

Which vendors have shared stock?

Just Camp Hudson/BoO and DZ vendors/BoO DZ vendor?

Can't be bothered to go between every safe house every day, is there a website that displays their stock?

ODDI

GOOD LORD! Just completed the Lexington challenge with randoms THAT WAS SO FREAKING HARD, after that madness I learnt my character build is shit but hey I got some nice shiny kneepads.

Incursions should have been in the base game. I keep improving my gear (through crafting/buying, which isn't what I'd call thrilling), but I've got nothing new do to with it, no objective.

I think I'll take a break from the game as soon as I get the platinum, and wait for 1.1 to play again. I don't want to get burnt out on the game since I still love so many things about it... but the endgame, not so much. Not in the state it is right now anyway.

Hawk269

Incursions should have been in the base game. I keep improving my gear (through crafting/buying, which isn't what I'd call thrilling), but I've got nothing new do to with it, no objective.

I think I'll take a break from the game as soon as I get the platinum, and wait for 1.1 to play again. I don't want to get burnt out on the game since I still love so many things about it... but the endgame, not so much. Not in the state it is right now anyway.

So what or how will incursions work in your opinion? Just curious as I am not sure what it will be or how it will work or will be it be different than doing a mission in challenge mode?

Frenden

Banned
I've started to minmax by rolling one (or two on armor that already has a slot) mod slots on all my armor and crafting high end armor mods. So far, three for three on adding a mod slot on my first try, whew.

So what or how will incursions work in your opinion? Just curious as I am not sure what it will be or how it will work or will be it be different than doing a mission in challenge mode?

Will they be different than main missions ? I don't know, although I do expect them to be a bit longer. If they added variety in gameplay and team work that would be nice, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

But really they'll be, you know, new content. Farming 28 missions over and over is still better than farming 26 missions over and over, especially since I won't already have played these missions in the campaign (just throwing a random number btw, no idea how many incursions there will be).

Kama_1082

Banned

A group of fellow 22s beat the lvl 24 tunnel story mission and we were getting slammed at the end. So much fun finally beating the mission. I'm kind of glad that I'm a little behind on levels. Still have a ton of side quests to do.

Hawk269

Will they be different than main missions ? I don't know, although I do expect them to be a bit longer. If they added variety in gameplay and team work that would be nice, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

But really they'll be, you know, new content. Farming 28 missions over and over is still better than farming 26 missions over and over, especially since I won't already have played these missions in the campaign (just throwing a random number btw, no idea how many incursions there will be).

Thanks. When I first heard of incursions, I was not sure what to think. Longer missions would be great, I also think it would be fun to mandate it be 4 players and perhaps have a fork in the road type of thing where 2 teams of 2 need to each go down different paths, where perhaps you have to reach a special room where you have to hit a switch at the same time, then fight your way back to group up with the other 2 team members. Just curious to see what and how it plays and what it offers that may be different than what we are already playing.

leng jai

So why can't you match make in a no respawn zone? I've lost count how many hours I've wasted because because have quit at the end and then I can't invite anyone else.

Thanks. When I first heard of incursions, I was not sure what to think. Longer missions would be great, I also think it would be fun to mandate it be 4 players and perhaps have a fork in the road type of thing where 2 teams of 2 need to each go down different paths, where perhaps you have to reach a special room where you have to hit a switch at the same time, then fight your way back to group up with the other 2 team members. Just curious to see what and how it plays and what it offers that may be different than what we are already playing.

I imagine mechanics like those present in the last fight of the last mission. Division even has legitimate threat mechanics and the ability to gear for more or less threat in addition to the "holy trinity" roles of Tank, Damage Dealer, and Healer. So most anything that is capable in MMO fights should be feasible to create in The Division.

The question is really whether or not Massive can deliver on such mechanics in quality encounters.

I've started to minmax by rolling one (or two on armor that already has a slot) mod slots on all my armor and crafting high end armor mods. So far, three for three on adding a mod slot on my first try, whew.

How do you roll a mod slot? Haven't tried that yet

Does the "Tutorial: Upgrade Wing" glitch prevent you from progressing the story (?) attached to upgrading your wings? I know Ubisoft is working on it in a patch, but I want to work toward those perks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom