• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwing

I'm debating on what to do myself. I can't really play division and destiny at the same time, so I'll see how this 1.1 update goes I guess, and if it's worth continuing to play. I love the dark zone, but if massive is going to keep giving us the middle finger via punishing players and making loot less accessible, I don't see a reason to keep grinding. I'm sure they'll turn it around eventually, but I don't know if it's worth dealing with the bullshit until they do.

well, if you love DZ, then lvl 90 stuff is waiting for you

theWB27

Killing rogues and you hear one of them say "what the fck does he have!?"

My combo of the extra cover damage mod, pulse and sometimes stack the crit damage special is deadly. Only this time I added incendiary bullets too.

It seemed like that vector took him down in 3 bullets.

Vitor711

Um, as someone who's max level but only casually plays the game, the mat change will guarantee I drop it.

65 hours total, all HE gear apart from the backpack. Only issue is that ALL my HE gear has awful rolls. Low stats, no good perks. Got some HE weapons but I had to buy or craft them as I've only ever had one drop (Cadaceus - but I don't have the stats to use any of the perks).

Game was already a timesink, don't need to triple that.

EL CUCO

I was full health with extra bar of HP and was getting absolutely DESTROYED by some dude's sticky. One time he even got a double kill on my teammate and I.

Must've had atleast 25K electronics and a bunch of bonus perks in his gear, I would imagine.

darkwing

hmm been looking at the crafting changes, is it 75 purple items to create one HE? so if an HE requires two kinds, then 75 of each (150 in all)

tell me i'm wrong o_O

Tendo

Just saw the changes to crafting. I already dont' have great gear and can't run CMs and that is with some HE recipe items equipped. I don't have the time to invest running the same few missions over to combine mats. I'm done just like I was after beating Diablo in D3. I'll be back for the patch that fixes this trash.

Alucrid

Banned
so they're making it harder to craft even though when you do craft you'll probably end up with shit you don't want the first five times

Medicated

Neo Member
What is the reasoning behind making such bad changes for the gamer?

For some reason they didn't realize with a loot game people will always figure out easy ways to farm gear. Now you have a portion of the community, probably a good chunk of us, who are geared waaaay well for the devs liking this early in the game. So they decided to make it more grindy

deadduck

Nothing more?

Yeah that was it, no mention of the more.

honestly i think vanilla destiny had more content than the division does

Made me laugh when people say it had no content and didn't even play a raid.

TTK was a great update, but it would have been amazing if they updated VoG, CE and PoE too. The April update is 4 months too late for me, but hopefully Sept it'll be back.

What is the reasoning behind making such bad changes for the gamer?
If the reasoning is similar to Bungie's, then it goes something like this:

Create loot game.
Let people get everything (after insane playtimes).
Realize that players quit once they get everything (but really because of insane playtimes).
Change the loot game to a drip feed.
Everyone quits but the whales.
Introduce micro-transactions.
Profit!

My purely cynical take.

Revas

I've been locked out of my account since March 23, might just let this game go based on the changes they're making, and how underpowered my character will be for incursions by the time Ubi fixes the game.

Ooh what console are you on? I'm in the EXACT same boat on ps4

Got sick of base destiny but the taken king sounds like a pretty meaty package

PS4 here, too.

TTK was absolutely fantastic. I take periodic breaks from destiny (currently on one), and it's still easy to get back into it, especially with how they have adjusted the game to support the player in many ways, as opposed to dangling a thousand carrots in front of the player constantly. The update next week is not super meaty but it does continue the trend they've (Bungie) been on with trying to make their game still feel fresh.

There'll be a major expansion fall 2016, also, with more periodic updates in the between.

Nice. I'm wavering on the idea. I liked it a lot when I played it but I dropped it because I didn't have a group on-hand for raids. I thought then and still think that raids should support matchmaking. Even if I end up just beating my head against the wall, let that be my choice.

I really liked the PvP, but shit started to get horribly imbalanced. Hopefully, that's sorted out.

People should listen to the podcast for some perspective. I'd love to hear more about it (and I'm guessing we will) but I can understand their aims, given the data they have access to.

Honestly, am I the only one that's not negative about this change? I get that it's the internet but wow at the reaction here and elsewhere. I'm open to seeing how it works out, especially since there are a lot of other changes I am really excited about in the patch.

I listened to it and I get that they don't want people to be swimming in gear. I'm optimistic that other sources of materials will be provided in the update, so it could offset the crafting changes.

But I'm curious as to what you find positive about it.

I'm of the opinion that the RNG element to crafting, particularly with weapons since you can't re-roll them, is the worst part of this game. I'm not asking for easy gear, but rolling the same weapon 30 times just to get the talents right only to find that, because the DMG of the weapon is also RNGed, it's worse then the thing it's supposed to replace is not fun and it's not progression.

catspit

They have to increase HE drops within the game if they want to nerf crafting. Currently crafting is the best way to get good HE's. And you usually have to craft 10 of each to get an alright roll. Making the time sink larger doesn't do anyone favours.. I actually feel bad for new 30's if they don't increase drop rates.

With so much RNG involved, they need to give us a way to re-roll single talents on weapons (500PxC) or something.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
honestly i think vanilla destiny had more content than the division does
I think the difference is that Destiny already had the roadblocks in place right from the start. So you had to do all those daily bounties because you needed to level up your weapons and armor. And there were those Exotic bounties to do that had you run around doing things like open chests on Mars or get fusion rifle kills in a Nightfall.

Division basically came down to grinding crafting materials to roll weapons/gear, and people basically ran out of things to do in less than two weeks. They're trying to slow people down after the fact and obviously it's backfiring.

theWB27

Yeah I tuned in and he said " I know people are upset right now, reddit is on fire, but wait - just wait".

I don't know man. Why hold onto some kind of big info when it would calm the mob down?

They don't really have anything concrete to tell is my bet.

darkwing

I think the difference is that Destiny already had the roadblocks in place right from the start. So you had to do all those daily bounties because you needed to level up your weapons and armor. And there were those Exotic bounties to do that had you run around doing things like open chests on Mars or get fusion rifle kills in a Nightfall.

Division basically came down to grinding crafting materials to roll weapons/gear, and people basically ran out of things to do in less than two weeks. They're trying to slow people down after the fact and obviously it's backfiring.

yup, also in Destiny you get strange coins from just playing the game, and every Friday you get to spend those on exotics so it was an incentive to try different stuff in the game (crucible, strikes, raids, nightfall etc.) and that's why people keep on playing hoping they will get a Hawkmoon or Gallahorn by different means

deadduck

Yeah I tuned in and he said " I know people are upset right now, reddit is on fire, but wait - just wait".

I don't know man. Why hold onto some kind of big info when it would calm the mob down?

Only thing I can think of is token effort: add a bit more to dailies, the DZ drop thing and bounties (or whatever they are called to try to not be Bungie).

Serick

Married Member
I know it's been said already but if they increase the drop rates and other ways to obtain HE's outside of crafting I'd be fine with this crafting nerf. Drops are more exciting than crafting anyway.

I just don't see any drop rate adjustments T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom