• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitusTroy

I'm currently at Level 30 with a DZ Rank of 29...I completed all the PvE story missions except for the (final?) General Assembly one...2 questions...1) I still haven't gotten a single skin for any of my weapons...I've been giving tons stuff to those Civilian in Need people as well...in the beta I got a skin fairly quickly...did they change the drop rate for skins in the final version?

2) I haven't gotten any gold weapon/gear drops yet...is this normal?...are they only available as drops in the DZ?...or are they only available via crafting or through those special vendors?...I have tons of Pink drops but not a single Gold one

Hey dudes, Ice, VE3T, Pat, Believe and all. I will be converting crafting materials all day during my vacation day while I should be playing Quantum Break so hit me up :p

Joking of course but I am down for DZ always. GT: DomsPlaying for all that I haven't ran with yet. If you are getting a group together let me know!

Deku Tree

Community manager positive about upcoming changes. Shocked.

The thing is that he is acting quite tone def to the community.

Feels like that time that Deej (the Destiny CM) was tweeting that the player community is wrong and spoiled to be upset about TDB expansion upgrade system.

bjaelke

I'm currently at Level 30 with a DZ Rank of 29...I completed all the PvE story missions except for the (final?) General Assembly one...2 questions...1) I still haven't gotten a single skin for any of my weapons...I've been giving tons stuff to those Civilian in Need people as well...in the beta I got a skin fairly quickly...did they change the drop rate for skins in the final version?

2) I haven't gotten any gold weapon/gear drops yet...is this normal?...are they only available as drops in the DZ?...or are they only available via crafting or through those special vendors?...I have tons of Pink drops but not a single Gold one

Skins were shifted to vendor items and drops from bosses in Challenge Mission.

You'll get most of the high end (yellow) items through crafting at level 30. Having lots of superior (purple) and no high end items when hitting 30 is expected.

TitusTroy

Skins were shifted to vendor items and drops from bosses in Challenge Mission.

You'll get most of the high end (yellow) items through crafting at level 30. Having lots of superior (purple) and no high end items when hitting 30 is expected.

wow so no skin drops at all anymore?...that sucks

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Hey dudes, Ice, VE3T, Pat, Believe and all. I will be converting crafting materials all day during my vacation day while I should be playing Quantum Break so hit me up :p

Joking of course but I am down for DZ always. GT: DomsPlaying for all that I haven't ran with yet. If you are getting a group together let me know!

3 of us are on today. Ben doesn't work and Jack has 2 days off so we could 4 man.

WipedOut

I believed massive had a plan. But they seem to be as clueless as bungie.

I believe this is their answer to all the people that farmed the shit out of Burger King and Co. They have many users out there with these horde economy materials and this will help dwindle that.

Fan base gets upset, they change it back a couple months down the road after the farmers exhaust their supply. (Tin Foil Hat theory)

darkwing

I believe this is their answer to all the people that farmed the shit out of Burger King and Co. They have many users out there with these horde economy materials and this will help dwindle that.

Fan base gets upset, they change it back a couple months down the road after the farmers exhaust their supply. (Tin Foil Hat theory)

sounds like an MMO game

Fistwell

So I encountered my first cheaters, and decided to record them and publicly shame them. Is there any way that I can report these tools to Ubisoft?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jam9jrQxJY
Shit, that frame rate, hng. Wish the game ran that smooth on PS4.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hamishbode/status/717432008021032965

Hamish Tweeting he loves the new crafting changes. Hahahahahaha WOW
Actively trying to antagonize the player base, nicely done.

3 people working on economy, focusing on "making end game fun." Crafting nerf gonna be so much fun you guys.

The podcast is already talking about how "special" getting loot drops can be.

Performance mods? Performance mods.

tyJ42SW.gif

Tawpgun

honestly they should just axe crafting all together. Instead retool the calibration station to be able to recalibrate guns (or move this to the gunsmith)

So you get that drop you want, and then need to spent mats (not credits) to get that roll you want.

Deku Tree

Incursion hard mode equals regular challenging. Geez.

Regular challenging is easy mode now though. This probably means lvl 32 mostly purple enemies hard, and lvl 33-34 all yellow bar enemies on challenging. Yeah also they have been overhyping the difficulty for weeks anyway. It's a marketing strategy.

Namikaze1

We were on such a good streak.

Then that one guy, Barnsey, showed up.

Dude straight up took us on at the same time and won

Not once but twice

Frenden

Banned
Dropping this too. I was going to stick around until gear sets were introduced, but that last stream's revelations about developer intent were a good reason to ditch this.

This game being closer to Diablo than Destiny was its biggest selling point and they've gradually made the turn away from the former towards the latter.

EL CUCO

I dont have a problem with how Massive has handled things. Apart from the crafting nerf, the update is mostly good changes. Not done listening to the Podcast, but it just seems like Massive simply didn't really intend for us to craft as much as we do.

They did emphasize they're currently focused on making the end game more "fun", so hopefully they balance things out properly.

The best thing about them is they seem to have the tools to update the game in a timely manner. Feels good not having to wait 6 months or more for an update. So if the changes are bad for the game, I'm sure they'll address it quickly. Some of us just might need to check our Destiny baggage at the door :p

spyder_ur

People should listen to the podcast for some perspective. I'd love to hear more about it (and I'm guessing we will) but I can understand their aims, given the data they have access to.

Honestly, am I the only one that's not negative about this change? I get that it's the internet but wow at the reaction here and elsewhere. I'm open to seeing how it works out, especially since there are a lot of other changes I am really excited about in the patch.

People should listen to the podcast for some perspective. I'd love to hear more about it (and I'm guessing we will) but I can understand their aims, given the data they have access to.

Honestly, am I the only one that's not negative about this change? I get that it's the internet but wow at the reaction here and elsewhere. I'm open to seeing how it works out.
There is no perspective. It's an asinine change. This is Bungie Year One levels of assholery lol

Deku Tree

I dont have a problem with how Massive has handled things. Apart from the crafting nerf, the update is mostly good changes. Not done listening to the Podcast, but it just seems like Massive simply didn't really intend for us to craft as much as we do.

They did emphasize they're currently focused on making the end game more "fun", so hopefully they balance things out properly.

The best thing about them is they seem to have the tools to update the game in a timely manner. Feels good not having to wait 6 months or more for an update. So if the changes are bad for the game, I'm sure they'll address it quickly. Some of us just might need to check our Destiny baggage at the door :p

You'll probably feel like your once ever 100 hours HE performance mod drop is "special" just like Massive intended. I look forward to the WIPE chat celebratory post, screen grab, and video.

Speaking of Destiny, I played a character during vanilla up to level cap and got some legendaries.

How hard would that game be to get back into if I were to pick up the TTK edition? I may have to start over with a fresh character.

Can't wait to slog through that incursion to get a HE drop that will end up being half useless to my build lol. But at least I'll be able to tell my grandchildren about it one day.

Speaking of Destiny, I played a character during vanilla up to level cap and got some legendaries.

How hard would that game be to get back into if I were to pick up the TTK edition? I may have to start over with a fresh character.

Ooh what console are you on? I'm in the EXACT same boat on ps4

Got sick of base destiny but the taken king sounds like a pretty meaty package

Ooh what console are you on? I'm in the EXACT same boat on ps4

Got sick of base destiny but the taken king sounds like a pretty meaty package

TTK was absolutely fantastic. I take periodic breaks from destiny (currently on one), and it's still easy to get back into it, especially with how they have adjusted the game to support the player in many ways, as opposed to dangling a thousand carrots in front of the player constantly. The update next week is not super meaty but it does continue the trend they've (Bungie) been on with trying to make their game still feel fresh.

There'll be a major expansion fall 2016, also, with more periodic updates in the between.

TTK was absolutely fantastic. I take periodic breaks from destiny (currently on one), and it's still easy to get back into it, especially with how they have adjusted the game to support the player in many ways, as opposed to dangling a thousand carrots in front of the player constantly. The update next week is not super meaty but it does continue the trend they've (Bungie) been on with trying to make their game still feel fresh.

There'll be a major expansion fall 2016, also, with more periodic updates in the between.

Oh that's quite cool, really tempted to pick it up but I guess my biggest problem is actually having people to play with as most of my destiny friends put the game down.

Iceman829

That feeling when you finally get a HE drop in the DZ, just to discover it's a performance mod.

3 yellow performance mod drops for me last night. All lvl 30 and all hot garbage. Was happy to see some yellows drop after a bit of a dry spell though.

Work all day man, but I'll be on tonight.

Nice farming run up in the DZ last night. Best part was when I downed 4 fully armored elites in 1 shot each when the random was fighting next to us. He then booked it down the road.

EL CUCO

You'll probably feel like your once ever 100 hours HE performance mod drop is "special" just like Massive intended. I look forward to the WIPE chat celebratory post, screen grab, and video.
Well I know I got a very much needed H.E. Holster from the Dark Zone last night that raised the 3 of my stats :D

I'm debating on what to do myself. I can't really play division and destiny at the same time, so I'll see how this 1.1 update goes I guess, and if it's worth continuing to play. I love the dark zone, but if massive is going to keep giving us the middle finger via punishing players and making loot less accessible, I don't see a reason to keep grinding. I'm sure they'll turn it around eventually, but I don't know if it's worth dealing with the bullshit until they do.

datamage

All these changes just continue to punish the people who didn't take of advantage of the game in the initial weeks of release.

Not sure how they expect Dark Zone to be remotely balanced at all when they keep going down this path.

Pretty much how I feel about things. I took my time, didn't exploit anything, and now I get subpar loot compared to the rest. How will I even compete in the DZ? So yeah. Good thing Souls 3 is next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom