• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a trophy for encounters? I'm fed up of the repetitive nature of them.

When you've got enough supplies to unlock 100% of all the wings is there really any need to continue doing encounters?

Thanks

When you've got enough supplies to unlock 100% of all the wings is there really any need to continue doing encounters?

Thanks

If you're fed up of doing them, would a message that pops up on-screen essentially saying "good job for putting up with that!" after another dozen hours or so make it worthwhile?

deadduck

The tech signature seems kind of......boring

It's so useful for burning rushing shotgunners.

The worst is the health. People saving it like a selfres and never using it.

Security is MOTM, couple this with tech and it's a wave clearer. Used it to get away when accidentally rogue a few times too.

knitoe

Thanks

Once you clear all the encounters for a zone with a wing upgrade, it will show all the collectibles on the map making it easy to get them.

Cd0uY1pWwAAJP99.jpg:large

dat illusive purple backpack

Not sure why I bothered crafting the Damascus, just wanted another HE I guess :p

Struggling to find decent Large Scopes. I've got a decent small one I could put on the Caduceus, freeing up the large one for the M1A, but I want the Caduceus doing as much damage as possible.

Kane1345

It's so useful for burning rushing shotgunners.

The worst is the health. People saving it like a selfres and never using it.

Security is MOTM, couple this with tech and it's a wave clearer. Used it to get away when accidentally rogue a few times too.

Appreciate the info, I'll try it out

noomi

Good morning DivisionGaf!

I have to tell you my tale of terror from last night.... Apart from the daily challenge mode being insanely difficult my team and I had experienced some of the glitchiest game-play yet. It was not a very fun....

- No-one in the group would be able to fire weapons.
- Enemies freezing in place.
- Unable to open containers/restock.
- The game completely freezing, the picture would freeze.
- Getting booted out of the game.
- Cover/rolling issues.
- Issues with the inventory UI changing DPS values constantly for no reason...

I assume that most of these issues were attributed to latency and lag, but man.... this so far was the worst experience I've had with The Division yet.

Not sure why I bothered crafting the Damascus, just wanted another HE I guess :p

I crafted one as well, and quickly found that my current purple handgun was an ilvl 31 and much better, but hey it looks nicer when you have more yellows :p

Deku Tree

Any way to currently get a lvl 30 or lvl 31 HE holster without RNG? I have done a lot of farming and I can't get a HE holster to drop...

What is the strategy that people are using to get their DPS so high?

If you're fed up of doing them, would a message that pops up on-screen essentially saying "good job for putting up with that!" after another dozen hours or so make it worthwhile?

Once you clear all the encounters for a zone with a wing upgrade, it will show all the collectibles on the map making it easy to get them.

Thanks. No it's not about the trophy per say it's just incase I'm missing something bigger by just abandoning encounters on the right side of the map.

Cob32

Suprised the Autumn hope grind hasn't been sorted. I wonder if this is something they can't fix server side.

knitoe

Any way to currently get a lvl 30 or lvl 31 HE holster without RNG? I have done a lot of farming and I can't get a HE holster to drop...

What is the strategy that people are using to get their DPS so high?
First, keep on crafting a Black market AK47 or Vector until you get high dam stats and good weapon talents. Mods it to increase the dps. From drops or crafting, equip combo of gears and/or mods that gives you enough to enable the weapon talents. For the rest, try to equip firearms gear and mods to increase dps further.
Wait, how do you get level 31 items?

Is this Dark Zone level stuff?
Buy 31 item plans, look at the item description, from the vendor in the BoO or DZ. Then, craft them.

Went to try some Challenge Mode last night... got wrecked. :|

And no I didn't go alone. Went in with 3 other dudes and we got one shotted all the time. We gave up :(

I have played Destiny from release day, yeah

I feel that Division does a lot of stuff better than Destiny did on launch. The world + world building, the itemization and the matchmaking are all great for me.
The Dark Zone is great fun if you like the Tension that there might always be a crazy Person who will gun you down. I personally don't miss "normal" PvP modes, but I know others feel differently.
I like that the Story missions are all like "dungeons" or "strikes" from Destiny. Even the later side missions often have their own Little "mini dungeons"

I'd still say, if you were burned by release day Destiny, wait for the Divisions first Content drop and scope that out.
If you still feel uneasy, wait another month for the second Content drop that will also Change the dark Zone.

Then make your decision, cause i'd advise to jump in before the first paid DLC goes live.

The main difference is that the Division has easy matchmaking for all main missions. So it's like starting with the strikes from Destiny, rather than the tedious solo missions.
The co-op is also a bit more team-based, rather than 3-4 guys doing their own thing. A lot of your skills affect other people, and that encourages people to work together.

I've enjoyed it more than Destiny, though the NYC open-world environment gets much more monotonous, since it all looks the same - unlike Earth/Moon/Venus/Mars.

I caved and bought The Division yesterday. I absolutely loved the BETA and put enough hours into it to realize that the full game will have plenty for me to do even if the end game is on par with Destiny, even though I highly doubt that.

The whole light system impacted the end game of Destiny so much that I never looked back until TKK came out. Something tells me that the end game of The Division doesn't have anything remotely similar that makes me skip an entire year of playing it.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Level 28. Just maxed out my medical wing. I love this game so much.

I swear to God though, I need to call out Dr. Kandel right the fuck now for never changing her gloves. Listen, I know she's supes busy and all, but that shit's bad infection control.

deoee

I want to know how re-rolling works.

You choose a stat, game shows you possible rolls, you reroll, you get x amount to choose from and replace. Can do it as often as you want - will cost more every time.
Can only reroll one stat, there is no going back or changing.

I want to know how re-rolling works.

You can only re-roll one stat on a piece of gear and then select from a list of rolls whatever you want. You can see what those rolls might be before you commit to it. Once you re-roll, you can do it as many times as you want but re-rolling will get locked to that one stat slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom