• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkyre

Guys anyone up for farming Phoenix Credits this afternoon using the glitch near Autumn's Hope safehouse?

I think I have killed the mini boss, so my world does not have him anymore to do the trick. So i would love it if i can get an invite to someone who has him still breathing :D

Venom Fox

Banned
I'm going for DPS/Stam right now, once i have that where I want it, I'll focus on other stats.
Kinda what I'm doing. I'm trying to get my DPS/Stamina up as high as I can so I can have a balanced build which can play multiple roles in the DZ and PVE.

I find if you focus on just DPS you are extremely vulnerable in missions. I like to be able to dish out damage and take a lot of damage for the team if needs be.

Edit: I feel like weapon/gear attributes are where it will be at in the future though, some of them are insane at higher levels from what I've seen.

Kazuhira

Do you think they will introduce new enemies in the future expansions? I don't want to shoot animals but trained dogs sounds possible,maybe even fight armored vehicles/choppers etc.
The 'last stand' hints that there will be a new faction/threat in the future.

I thought 30 was the level cap, apparently not. What is? Will better items drop if I'm higher than 30? For example, should I stop farming bullet King and get my lvl 30 higher for better drops from bullet King?

darkwing

I thought 30 was the level cap, apparently not. What is? Will better items drop if I'm higher than 30? For example, should I stop farming bullet King and get my lvl 30 higher for better drops from bullet King?

30 is the level cap, item level can go higher, up to 32?

Ted

Level 15 decided to take my first trip into the Dz.....i walked back out in 15 minutes Nope! Maybe with a team or later

Hey you walked out and weren't carried out, that's an achievement surely! :)

At PvE level 15 you were right at the bottom of the level range for the second DZ bracket so I'm guessing pretty under powered. I think to make the DZ a less overwhelming experience solo or with a twosome it's fairly important to be towards the top end of the PvE player bracketing before heading into the DZ. 10+ for the 1-14 bracket, 17-19 for the 15-19 bracket etc.

Do you mind me asking what your DPS/Health/Skill stats were at 15 when you ventured in?

I'm PvE level 13 and DZ level 15 and at this level I can pretty much one clip the [DZ01] purple/blue enemies (colour blind so not quite sure which colour they actually are!) but the yellow bads still provide a decent challenge solo.

its really annoying how my vector has a 6% crit chance talent taht requires so much electronics, how I am supposed to get that without sacrificing everything else! I wonder if take like 500 fire power and 500 stamina away and put it towards electronics if my DPS will increase or not.

While the Mike errors were hitting fast and furiously last night when trying to join people I went solo in the dz for about an hour and managed to extra 20 items, loot 2 dz chests and kill 2 rogue agents. Not bad for going in by me lonesome. Hopefully the errors don't return tonight...

Want.

Yessssss. Can't wait for next week!

Just got a lvl 31 first wave M1A with balanced and brutal.

Want.

JohnCYQ

https://www.twitch.tv/kinggothalion

So this dude has 190k dps with his caduseus and 166k with Vector, but he only has 2.3k firearm...is that even possible or maybe his stat screens is bugged (hence showing less than his actual firearm stats?).

Like I have 2.5k firearms and I barely hit 135k with my vector. (I have a 102% extended mag with 12.5% damage)

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Just got a lvl 31 first wave M1A with balanced and brutal.

tumblr_mfce8kkwig1qhw4wvo1_500.jpg

D_psipher

Level 15 decided to take my first trip into the Dz.....i walked back out in 15 minutes Nope! Maybe with a team or later

Make sure you go into a DZ that is around your level. I made the same mistake. I went into a level 20 DZ in my teens...not a good idea. But I found one that was closer to my level and had a decent time. It is better with a team either way though.

So i am buying blueprints, are you guys getting like 1 Firearms piece, 1 stamina piece, one electronics piece? I am having so much trouble deciding what knee pad blue print and backpack blue print to get with PC. I have been staring at the vendor for 5 minutes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So i am buying blueprints, are you guys getting like 1 Firearms piece, 1 stamina piece, one electronics piece? I am having so much trouble deciding what knee pad blue print and backpack blue print to get with PC. I have been staring at the vendor for 5 minutes.
If you're trying to build around some weapon talents that you are planning to use, then you basically are being guided toward specific builds. For example, most of the good crit chance/damage talents require Firearms and Electronics.
If you're trying to get a tank, you want heal on damage talents which require Firearms and Stamina.
And so on.

also accuracy affects the dps?
In the game's calculation yes, accuracy and fire rate seem to boost the DPS numbers the most. While on gear, crit chance/damage are the big boosters.

JohnCYQ

Magazine size and how fast it shoots are pushing dps very.

also accuracy affects the dps?

I have +37% accuracy from my handle + muzzle, a 102% extended mag with 12.5% damage, with 2.5k firearms I only hit 135k DPS with my vector (which also had the highest damage roll out of the 4 I crafted).

Most Streamers I see have like 3.3k-3.6k firearms in order to hit 170-200k on their vector DPS, so 166k vector DPS with only 2.3k firearm seems really impossible? Like I said my only guess is that his stat screen is bugged, because there's really no other way I can see him getting that high of DPS with only 2.3k in firearms.

noomi

Any tips of what I should buy with my pcreds?

Already have the vector, but I don't like it too much since it runs out of ammo too fast even with a extend mag mod.

If you're trying to build around some weapon talents that you are planning to use, then you basically are being guided toward specific builds. For example, most of the good crit chance/damage talents require Firearms and Electronics.
If you're trying to get a tank, you want heal on damage talents which require Firearms and Stamina.
And so on.

In the game's calculation yes, accuracy and fire rate seem to boost the DPS numbers the most. While on gear, crit chance/damage are the big boosters.

Yea I am trying to get this Vector crit chance talent but I also need stamina so I dont get one shot in the dz. Oh well I will go mainly firepower and stamina and just try to recalibrate for electronics for talents.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Already have the vector, but I don't like it too much since it runs out of ammo too fast even with a extend mag mod.
Vector is good once you stack crit damage with it. You basically need crit gear + pulse and you end up doing like 40-50k damage per round with headshots.

tioslash

Can anyone tell me what "Auto Vsync" does in this game? My PC can´t reach 60fps, it hovers around 35-45 most of the time but since I despise screen tearing I always play games with Vsync ON.

I tried it with Auto but it seems to give me a weird little stuttering while moving the mouse.

noomi

Vector is good once you stack crit damage with it. You basically need crit gear + pulse and you end up doing like 40-50k damage per round with headshots.

Into the Dark Zone I go then, here's to hoping something actually useful drops tonight :D

Can anyone tell me what "Auto Vsync" does in this game? My PC can´t reach 60fps, it hovers around 35-45 most of the time but since I despise screen tearing I always play games with Vsync ON.

I tried it with Auto but it seems to give me a weird little stuttering while moving the mouse.

That sounds like it might be adaptive vsync. Meaning vsync is only on when you are at 60FPS or 30FPS, anything in between or lower would not have vsync.

I think....

SirDgby

Neo Member

I'm having a hard time justifying spending my pxc (and crafting for better rolls) today since I believe blueprints will reset later tonight... nothing else I really need from vendor so might as well wait.

spyder_ur

Is there anyone doing the farming that I can join on? I already killed him. I see some familiar Destiny folks doing it?

Do I just join and then leave the group and I'm set? I'm maybe 25 PC short of the Vector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom