• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoee

IWqWD0b.png

:v)

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up this game a while ago and while I initially enjoyed it, I feel I just have nothing to do in the end-game. Doing the Hard Daily Missions is a nice way to kill time, but I feel like I breeze through them. Dark Zone is just not fun for me. I get what they were going for with the interactions between players, but it just does not work for me as a solo player when people can just party up and form large groups. Either I only encounter other friendly solo players, in which case DZ essentially becomes PvE, or I encounter a group that just obliterates me outright for my loot or just prevents me from even attempting to go Rogue due to me being completely outnumbered. Overall the game was fun while it lasted; the gameplay is ok, the city is gorgeous and the 'smoothness' of the experience was great, but there wasn't much at all in the way of an actual story and the endgame just doesn't have its hooks in me.

Picked up this game a while ago and while I initially enjoyed it, I feel I just have nothing to do in the end-game. Doing the Hard Daily Missions is a nice way to kill time, but I feel like I breeze through them. Dark Zone is just not fun for me. I get what they were going for with the interactions between players, but it just does not work for me as a solo player when people can just party up and form large groups. Either I only encounter other friendly solo players, in which case DZ essentially becomes PvE, or I encounter a group that just obliterates me outright for my loot or just prevents me from even attempting to go Rogue due to me being completely outnumbered. Overall the game was fun while it lasted; the gameplay is ok, the city is gorgeous and the 'smoothness' of the experience was great, but there wasn't much at all in the way of an actual story and the endgame just doesn't have its hooks in me.

Yea it is definitely not a single player game. I only go to the DZ when my friend is online but I have the most fun grinding dz mobs with him. Next week they are already adding stuff though so take a week or so off and come back when there are incursions and other pve things.

mackaveli

What's the fastest way to farm electronics? I'm running low on the mats. Anyone know what level you can start buying armour mod from vendor?

A while ago? It's only been out for ten days haha.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
"Literally can't play this game anymore. It's been out for ten days already and they haven't patched in a new raid. End game is trash. Returning to GameStop."

smh

spyder_ur

So I have exactly 84 credits. Do people recommend the extended mag blueprint, or farm a bit more for an armor piece. Already got the Vector.

JohnCYQ

Anyone on PC who can load me to their instance with Burger King? The dude at Garment District/Cavern safehouse doesn't seem to drop anything, and I've gotten almost 400 PxCs already (155% scavenging). Slower run than the Autumn safehouse too.

Uplay - zealflame

Wait, smart cover buffs stack from multiple people putting one up!? I didn't think any of the skills stacked if you double them up. Do pulses stack as well? Maybe my group didn't test it right but it seemed that they didn't.

Leyasu

Banned
"Literally can't play this game anymore. It's been out for ten days already and they haven't patched in a new raid. End game is trash. Returning to GameStop."

smh
Just played three hours of the dark zone and made squads with random. Fucking awesome, and lvl 32 enemies.. It don't get old

Wait, smart cover buffs stack from multiple people putting one up!? I didn't think any of the skills stacked if you double them up. Do pulses stack as well? Maybe my group didn't test it right but it seemed that they didn't.

Yeah, smart covers stack for crazy damage resistance. We were running deep with support stations + smart cover.

Smart Cover stacks and it becomes a damage output monster. You can melt 32 elites like butter. It turns challenge mode into easy mode.

Have your group also use the support stations. If you use the ammo mod you can be a dps machine that doesn't run out of bullets. 👍

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Yeah, smart covers stack for crazy damage resistance. We were running deep with support stations + smart cover.

darkwing

Smart Cover stacks, be prepared to see 500k headshots lol

no idea about the Pulse but don't think so

mackaveli

I stocked up on most mats just farming the burger king. It probably isn't worth it if you are sub 30 though.

Yeah I do get quite a bit of mods from there but just wondering if there's a way to buy cheap mods to disenchanted like weapons on level 4. And does the king only drop the cadeucus? Anyone get any other high end drop?

Iceman829

Yeah I do get quite a bit of mods from there but just wondering if there's a way to buy cheap mods to disenchanted like weapons on level 4. And does the king only drop the cadeucus? Anyone get any other high end drop?

So far only the Cadeucus has dropped, so it looks like it as of right now. You can always create an alt transfer all of you junk purples to that character. Sell and buy cheap mods on that guy and send them back to your main to break down. Takes a bunch of time, but I think that's what you were looking for.

There is something wrong with division tech.

It just says you need division tech for HE weapons and gear but you cant make it like the normal mats. you can make division tech weapon parts and all that but not just division tech... what is this

There is something wrong with division tech.

It just says you need division tech for HE weapons and gear but you cant make it like the normal mats. you can make division tech weapon parts and all that but not just division tech... what is this
Are you looking at the blueprints or the actual items?

We need to try this on a manhunt.

Why you gotta be such a bad influence.

Yes we need to

mackaveli

So far only the Cadeucus has dropped, so it looks like it as of right now. You can always create an alt transfer all of you junk purples to that character. Sell and buy cheap mods on that guy and send them back to your main to break down. Takes a bunch of time, but I think that's what you were looking for.

Yeah but what level do armour mods come available to get electronics? Or is there a weapon mod to buy at level 4 or 5 that disenchants into electronics?

Smart Cover stacks and it becomes a damage output monster. You can melt 32 elites like butter. It turns challenge mode into easy mode.

Have your group also use the support stations. If you use the ammo mod you can be a dps machine that doesn't run out of bullets. 👍

Smart Cover stacks, be prepared to see 500k headshots lol

no idea about the Pulse but don't think so

Best way to do it:

4 smart covers.
3 support stations, with at least 1 having the ammo mod.
1 pulse.

Literally ruins people's days.

Holy crap that is crazy. When it seemed pulses didn't stack I assumed other damage buffs didn't stack either. Well, I know what my group will be switching to tonight! I wonder if this will get patched?

Leyasu

Banned

Oh shit. Didn't know this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom