• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any other of these lvl 30 "end game PvE" bosses drop anything other than the Caduceus? I see that Mr. Burger King only drop the Caduceus and no other HE weapon? Anyone get another HE weapon from any of the other guys?

fr0st

Banned
Do any other of these lvl 30 "end game PvE" bosses drop anything other than the Caduceus? I see that Mr. Burger King only drop the Caduceus and no other HE weapon? Anyone get another HE weapon from any of the other guys?
There's probably a loot table for the end game npcs

lt519

Hope they don't overreact by upping the cost of blue prints or nerfing what should have been normal content. People already 2 to 3x stronger than me in DZ griefing spawns and extractions. Kind of killing my vibe with the game. Exactly what I thought would happen after the Beta too.

Ketch

Got my first HE out of the DZ last night. Midas sub machine gun. With mods I got it to 56% crit chance. Heals for 3% of damage on crit.

I think I'm gonna go for a suppressing fire/tanky riot shield build. Has any tried the HE 249 from the PC vendor?

I only just hit 25. The plan is to his 30 by this weekend, but we'll see how that goes. I'm ready to get all that high-end stuff. I'm still running with blues and greens.

RS4-

Thanks! :D

Do you mean the talent? I haven't checked it. I logged out as soon as I took the screenshot. Going to celebrate with my wife tonight lol.

If they spawn into your instance the enemies might be respawned, but the side mission in times square might need to be cleared first for BK to spawn in. After that people can feel free to use the drive thru.

Yea I was wondering about the talent. I heard BK is running a 5 for $4 special if you are interested in dining out :p Enjoy your evening.

Performing a headshot reduces all cooldowns by xx %

Are all the CADs dropping with the same talents? I've got Coolheaded / restored / self-preserved. Both dropped with the same ones.

shermas

Just did Lexington challenge twice. Each time took 20mins as we had a guy in my group who basically runs it all the time.

Finally got the Vector and jumped to 86k dps from 55k

This and the BK are my plans for the day.

I just hit 30 last night and don't remember killing many yellows during Free Roam PvE sessions... Gonna get home and see if BK is still alive.

Grinding out 140 PC via the burger king before I go to sleep to get the gear mod blueprint was not fun. Didn't even get a random high-end drop either, in 70 odd kills.

shermas

I only just hit 25. The plan is to his 30 by this weekend, but we'll see how that goes. I'm ready to get all that high-end stuff. I'm still running with blues and greens.

If you do the side quests (unlock all the safe houses) and earn the XP to rank up, you'll still be OP for most of the story missions, even with blue and green gear. I got to level 30 and was still rocking a few green pieces but none of the missions on 'normal' mode were giving me any trouble. I just used the normal matchmaking and it was fine. I think I did the Russian mission with one other guy and we didn't have too much trouble.

I haven't even finished the last story mission yet. But I already did a couple dailies last night before finally going to bed.

So I just started playing and I'm level 9, a friend who's been playing since day 1 and is level 20-something joins me mid mission and all of a sudden all the enemies just up to level 17 and destroy me and the other two randoms I had with me.

So... is there no way for me to actually play with my friends until I catch up to them in level? And they're leveled out of my designated dark zone area also aren't they (when I get to level 10 that is)? This is kind of crappy, right?

darkwing

So I just started playing and I'm level 9, a friend who's been playing since day 1 and is level 20-something joins me mid mission and all of a sudden all the enemies just up to level 17 and destroy me and the other two randoms I had with me.

So... is there no way for me to actually play with my friends until I catch up to them in level? And they're leveled out of my designated dark zone area also aren't they (when I get to level 100 that is)? This is kind of crappy, right?

yup

DesertFox

I just hit 30 last night and don't remember killing many yellows during Free Roam PvE sessions... Gonna get home and see if BK is still alive in my game.

Wait, what is this? I was under the impression that all the named elites respawned. Are they a one and done deal?

Leyasu

Banned
Please, where is me burger king? can he be hit on the xbox? And is there anything that I need to do beforehand??

Iceman829

Please, where is me burger king? can he be hit on the xbox? And is there anything that I need to do beforehand??

Sent you a link in PMs. It's on all versions. You only need to make sure the side mission is complete in the game and you didn't already kill the boss and his entourage.

The side mission is just supply drop in the area where he spawns. Sounds like you would've already completed it.

Leyasu

Banned
Sent you a link in PMs. It's on all versions. You only need to make sure the side mission is complete in the game and you didn't already kill the boss and his entourage.

The side mission is just supply drop in the area where he spawns. Sounds like you would've already completed it.
thanks dude. Its possible that I have done it

StillEdge

Got my DPS at 100/99k but my health is only like 40k so I get shredded still. Some of these challenge missions are so fucking hard.

so do you feel guilty for BK farming? should we feel guilty? are we cheating? glitching? if its in the game might as well exploit it?

I farmed him a bit last night... Coins take forever since its just 2... but you make fast bucks off the purples. (he drops a yellow?)

Its definitely glitching since the intent of those mobs is to be gone forever once you kill them. On the scale of Destiny loot cave to iddqd Doom cheat code I'd say its on the low end, you basically can farm ~40 pC per hour and around 400k credits / mats per hour, but that requires much downtime.

A really fast premade challenge group can clear lexington every 10-15 minutes, meaning in the same hour they will earn 80-100 pC and even more mats and 4+ HE items, so thats clearly faster. But the named Elite farm is good for solo players.

Either way it has to get fixed soon - fix is simple, once you kill a named boss outside the DZ he despawns forever - since 40 pC/hour is still too good for this sort of loot game.

Got my DPS at 100/99k but my health is only like 40k so I get shredded still. Some of these challenge missions are so fucking hard.

Honestly even at 70k HP I get shredded instantly by most challenge yellow mobs. Extra HP does almost nothing. What you really want to focus on is % damage protection, against stuff like fire, elite mobs, exotic weapons, etc. The best thing is either working as a group to CC so mobs can't shoot at you, rushing together mobs so you can kill them before they really engage, and using cover effectively. Most matchmake groups take things too slow and let mobs come to them, you really need to work together to rush the mobs and use grenades / turrets / mines / etc to lock them down so they can't attack.

Can you send me the details as well? I've cleared the whole map of side quests and encounters so it sounds like I'm boned.

lt519

Loot cave wasnt actually effective though, people just thought it was. This is game breakingly effective for people trying to jump straight from newly born level 30 to challenge mode farming levels. Kind of silly IMO, I'll be skipping it since it's not fun and you're just short changing yourself of the games challenge.

if you kill his entourage too, he is gone forever in your game

Apparently there is mission just to the west of his location that must be completed or he won't spawn.
So if your unsure if you have killed him before, check that side missions have been completed in the area.

Leyasu

Banned
Ah shit. He didn't appear earlier because I haven't done the supply drop side mission.. Just going to have a nerdgasm and pray that massive don't deactivate this before this evening..

Deku Tree

Its definitely glitching since the intent of those mobs is to be gone forever once you kill them. On the scale of Destiny loot cave to iddqd Doom cheat code I'd say its on the low end, you basically can farm ~40 pC per hour and around 400k credits / mats per hour, but that requires much downtime.

A really fast premade challenge group can clear lexington every 10-15 minutes, meaning in the same hour they will earn 80-100 pC and even more mats and 4+ HE items, so thats clearly faster. But the named Elite farm is good for solo players.

Either way it has to get fixed soon - fix is simple, once you kill a named boss outside the DZ he despawns forever - since 40 pC/hour is still too good for this sort of loot game.

Honestly even at 70k HP I get shredded instantly by most challenge yellow mobs. Extra HP does almost nothing. What you really want to focus on is % damage protection, against stuff like fire, elite mobs, exotic weapons, etc. The best thing is either working as a group to CC so mobs can't shoot at you, rushing together mobs so you can kill them before they really engage, and using cover effectively. Most matchmake groups take things too slow and let mobs come to them, you really need to work together to rush the mobs and use grenades / turrets / mines / etc to lock them down so they can't attack.

The best thing about the farm is if you do it enough then you have a good chance to get the named HE assault rifle, which is a very rare drop.

I have an hour or two into post lvl 30... i'm still weak :( Will need to farm if the strategy still exists when i get off work in 5 hours.

pre_1458318529__lvl30weak.png

[sorry, shitty cell phone pic taken in excitement at hitting lvl 30 and texted to brother]

Iceman829

Loot cave wasnt actually effective though, people just thought it was. This is game breakingly effective for people trying to jump straight from newly born level 30 to challenge mode farming levels. Kind of silly IMO, I'll be skipping it since it's not fun and you're just short changing yourself of the games challenge.

I used the loot cave to have other players power level me while I did other things (gym, eat, shower). I would end up timing out if I wasn't around, but it was quick exp gains plus loot delivered to my inbox. I had purple engrams drops and 1 turned into an exotic.

Kadin

Just got a ilvl 31 Caduceus with Coolheaded/Restored. Not very close to the Skill requirement for it but it's my current focus.

Iceman829

I've had enough Burgers...

2 Golden Drops too

They sell chicken and fish at BK as well...

All this Burger King talk, you guys must be hungry.

I'm starving. Work wanted to show their appreciation by ordering out. Waiting over an hour for the food to be delivered.

I have an hour or two into post lvl 30... i'm still weak :( Will need to farm if the strategy still exists when i get off work in 5 hours.

[sorry, shitty cell phone pic taken in excitement at hitting lvl 30 and texted to brother]

Congrats on the 30. The drive thru is now open for business!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom