• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

Did BK for like 10min, and got some purples... cool. Might do a bit more later, but I'm not really planning on sitting there for hours or anything.

Reminds me of the loot cave... but less fun... because your alone :(

If you do the side quests (unlock all the safe houses) and earn the XP to rank up, you'll still be OP for most of the story missions, even with blue and green gear. I got to level 30 and was still rocking a few green pieces but none of the missions on 'normal' mode were giving me any trouble. I just used the normal matchmaking and it was fine. I think I did the Russian mission with one other guy and we didn't have too much trouble.

I haven't even finished the last story mission yet. But I already did a couple dailies last night before finally going to bed.

Yeah, I've been pretty over-leveled for most of the story missions that I've done. I only have 2 more on the map, but I still have a ton of encounters and still haven't gone to the last safe house.

I have a couple of purples, blues and one green. My damage output is pretty solid, but my armor could use a bit of work. I haven't had an issue with my armor because I play as sniper support, so I hang back a bit. I'm hoping I can get at least one high end piece shortly after I reach 30.

DesertFox

I used the loot cave to have other players power level me while I did other things (gym, eat, shower). I would end up timing out if I wasn't around, but it was quick exp gains plus loot delivered to my inbox. I had purple engrams drops and 1 turned into an exotic.

Yup, it was nice to be able to auto pilot loot gains or leveling alts while changing a baby's diaper or getting the kids back to sleep at night.

Kinda pointed to deeper problems within Destiny's loot game at the time though, when people would rather monotonously shoot into a cave than actually play the game. So far, The Division doesn't seem as grindy or punishingly reliant on RNG in order to gear up.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Can someone on Xbox invite me to the BK safe house. Be quicker and safer for me on this new character.

So I am spending Pheonix Credits for the first time.

Where do I spend them? What's vendors are my options and what would be the best piece of armour to buy?

I have a High End primary at 82k dps so I would rather get armour first.

Iceman829

So I am spending Pheonix Credits for the first time.

Where do I spend them? What's vendors are my options and what would be the best piece of armour to buy?

I have a High End primary at 82k dps so I would rather get armour first.

If you fully upgraded your BoO head up the stairs. There is a vendor to your left. Also, in the higher lvl DZ areas some of the safe house vendors sell blueprints (i think these are for PC). Someone correct me on the DZ area if I'm wrong

Leyasu

Banned
Not rapidly enough already tbh, if you got on it early and really went for it, you will have 100's if not 1000 plus PC and the HE AR. At least DZ PC farm was playing the game,,,,,
It don't matter. Hopefully they will raise the ranks in may anyway.

lt519

Kinda pointed to deeper problems within Destiny's loot game at the time though, when people would rather monotonously shoot into a cave than actually play the game. So far, The Division doesn't seem as grindy or punishingly reliant on RNG in order to gear up.

Well if you were actively participating in the loot cave it was just as effective as playing the game normally. Idling, sure it was rewarding.

But are your reading this thread right now? This is same levels of monotony and grind as the loot cave except it's way more effective and actually effects PvP content for people that want to play the game regularly. They should have hot fixed this immediately for the communities benefit. People are also skipping so much gear progression normally obtained by hard mode and high DZ zones they are going to trivialize the game for themselves.

I just have already killed the BK so I did the garment one.

Meh. It's not game breaking or anything. At level 30 you are already drowning in purples just be going around the dark zone for a couple hours.

I did it for about an hour. No HE drop.

T.O.P

Banned
Going on home in 5, i know what i'll be doing until the next probable "maintenance"

Need materials, so many materials

Leyasu

Banned
Im not arsed the game does not have a competive element for overgeared people to break, its just a bit shit that something this easy is being seemingly aloud to slide.

Agreed. In all honesty though, the dark zone could easily be ruled by full HE equipped people. The pvp in this game is difficult to balance. Anyway they work allow this for long. I imagine that by Monday afternoon this will be gone.

WITHE1982

Does the Garment Safe house boss rarely drop a different named HE weapon than the BK boss?

I've no idea my friend. I'm simply posting info that others have already said on this thread. I'm stuck in work so I'm just praying this isn't patched before I get home.

Saying that I completed the CM Lincoln Tunnel last night so I know I can always rely on that for PC. I enjoyed it more than anything else so far in the game. Difficulty was just about spot on for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom