• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who's played RPG's would know that stats like crit % and crit damage, and perks that boost them or let you activate them in higher frequency is the way to go.

Honestly there are a lot of perks and stats on the gear and weapons in The Division which makes it confusing for players to decide what's better. Don't worry about the dps number, my sniper shows only 100k dps but two crit headshots can destroy an elite's armor.

Ruthless which weapons do you use and recommend, I see the vector but what are the other two?

-

Also we can still farm BK right?

It was a D
estiny
reference.

I got that, it's way to early to become legend in The Division. Maybe if they gave us some swords..... :p

I took the plunge.

After a feel tries, rolled 20% HS Damage and 8% Crit Chance.

It made my DPS go up by 3k... Not sure if it's worth the mats.

As expected, thanks for testing it out.

Is it possible to calibrate another slot after doing one?

Nope.

TheAznOne

I have the BK mission. I'm already at the safe house. Only on PS4. Once joined, please do not leave the safe room until I disband the group. One at a time tho since waiting on 3 people to load up takes a bit with the varied loading times. Also helps if you have a mic so I know you are done loading up so I know when to disband.

PSN: TheAznOne420

Also, since a lot of players are using SMG's, these are the kind of HE gloves you want:

Got super lucky with all dps perks and near max stats. Don't think SMG gloves can get better than these.

Ruthless which weapons do you use and recommend, I see the vector but what are the other two?

Vector and BM AK with the right talents seem like the way to go and seem to be the most popular. I don't even have any other HE guns except a Cadouche that dropped earlier from Burger King, and a HE LMG. Pistol I'm using is the crafted Damascus. I use the M1 sniper with ferocious and destructive for shredding armor on elites.

If I had a Midas or a Liberator or any other named guns, I would love to experiment with them.

Also quoting reply to a gaffer's PM, just my 2 cents:

Depends on the weapons and what talents they roll with.

SMG's get a high dps boost from crit chance and crit damage. Headshot damage, and weapon damage on gloves also give a boost to all weapon types. Accuracy is a good stat for dps boost but on an assault rifle you should have stability even though it may lower the dps - you will hit more accurate shots if the gun doesn't sway too much. So it all depends on the weapon type and the talents it has.

Extended mag with % increase to mag and increase to rate of fire will boost DPS on all weapons, but high RoF may not be the best option for a marksman rifle since the recoil will make you miss shots if fired too quickly.

Mod blueprints for armor can be used to boost firearms, stamina and electronics. Invest in those according to your build and look at the requirements of the talents on your weapons - try to have a balance of each so you can activate those weapon talents.

bjaelke

@natchai_ what's being done about the steamer with a 1000 viewers using an cheat to farm phx credits?
@nickws12 The team's aware of it and are already working on it ��
@nickws12 there won't be any punishing, it's our fault for having it in there afaik ��

Frenden

Banned
Also, since a lot of players are using SMG's, these are the kind of HE gloves you want:

Got super lucky with all dps perks and near max stats. Don't think SMG gloves can get better than these.

Vector and BM AK with the right talents seem like the way to go and seem to be the most popular. I don't even have any other HE guns except a Cadouche that dropped earlier from Burger King, and a HE LMG. Pistol I'm using is the crafted Damascus. I use the M1 sniper with ferocious and destructive for shredding armor on elites.

If I had a Midas or a Liberator or any other named guns, I would love to experiment with them.

Also quoting reply to a gaffers PM, just my 2 cents:

I have those stats on LMG gloves. <3

Pakhan rolls with Ferocious and Destructive stock, FYI.

I have those stats on LMG gloves. <3

Pakhan rolls with Ferocious and Destructive stock, FYI.

Nice, though SMG's get the most boost from crits, so not sure what perks would benefit LMG more. But crit chance and dmg boost dps for everything, so always good to have.

I'm waiting for a Pakhan to drop from a boss, not really a big fan of LMG's so don't want to buy it from the vendor even though I can afford 3 of them ;)

@natchai_ what's being done about the steamer with a 1000 viewers using an cheat to farm phx credits?
@nickws12 The team's aware of it and are already working on it &#65533;&#65533;
@nickws12 there won't be any punishing, it's our fault for having it in there afaik &#65533;&#65533;

Yay we won't all be banned!

Hoping this lasts over the weekend.

If I had a Midas or a Liberator or any other names guns, I would love to experiment with them.
I have the Mida now but with the perks nerfed I'm not sure I will stay with it. I want to find a good SMG and assault rifle combo. Ha who knows it might be the Mida + Liberator--at least they are my favorite looking guns

The attributes for sure, but there's actually a better talent called Savage that gives you an additional 13% crit chance for targets that are out of cover. It's pretty awesome.

What High End recipe for actual gear should I get first? I see that there's recipes for firearms/stamina/electronic items - should I just stack firearms and try to balance with gear mods?

The attributes for sure, but there's actually a better talent called Savage that gives you an additional 13% crit chance for targets that are out of cover. It's pretty awesome.

Yeah I'm sure there are better talents out there, HE glove and holster drops are so stingy though that I don't even know what other talents are available. All I get are kneepads :/

Although I'm already at 57% crit chance and someone said earlier it was capped at 60%?

Cob32

You can join another persons game and still farm him. Not 100% sure how it works. Would someone care to explain the process to me?

Go onto your map and hover over safe house and you can matchmake into someone else's New York where BK may still be alive.

Obviously you risk being kicked if you do this and the best case scenario is somehow getting the host to leave and you can keep playing in their instance even with them not there.

What High End recipe for actual gear should I get first? I see that there's recipes for firearms/stamina/electronic items - should I just stack firearms and try to balance with gear mods?

I think for most builds firearms is the way to go, unless you are tanking or healing I suppose, what do I know. I bought 1 stamina piece so i wont die instantly. I think i have 105k dps and 75k HP.

Whats your scavenger points at?? thanks

AFAIK scavenging has nothing to do with HE drop rate.

Wish the devs would explain clearly how this perk is supposed to work, or fix it since it does not seem to be working as intended.

Some armors have a talent called Perceptive than adds 25% to item and credit find bonuses. Those may actually affect the drop rate for HE item's but I can't say for sure.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Oh btw you should kill 2 other guys with Bullet King since they seem to also drop purples. Just leave 1 alive and your good.

Tawpgun

Also quoting reply to a gaffer's PM, just my 2 cents:
You fkn won with that roll.

You did it you saved what remained and Manhattan is taken back.

Time to put the game down until you rip heads off in incursion

JackEtc

Pissed I'm not gonna have enough PHX Creds to buy that Vector blueprint before the vendor refresh.

When you roll this type of loot, where it's spec'd with exactly what you want, is it the piece you'll likely stick with for a long time, regardless if you pickup new equipment for the same slot (in this case gloves) with a higher armor number?

I feel like I've been basing my decisions on what I'm equipping on the armor number too much since it's the big number right there front and center >_>. How much does the armor number REALLY matter?

Pissed I'm not gonna have enough PHX Creds to buy that Vector blueprint before the vender refresh.

When you roll this type of loot, where it's spec'd with exactly what you what, is it the piece you'll likely stick with for a long time, regardless if you pickup new equipment for the same slot (in this case gloves) with a higher armor number?

I feel like I've been basing my decisions on what I'm equipping on the armor number too much since it's the big number right there front and center >_>. How much does the armor number REALLY matter?

I have this strange and sad feeling that the loot at Advanced weapons dealers wont reset :| I hope I am wrong though.

You fkn won with that roll.

You did it you saved what remained and Manhattan is taken back.

Time to put the game down until you rip heads off in incursion

When you roll this type of loot, where it's spec'd with exactly what you what, is it the piece you'll likely stick with for a long time, regardless if you pickup new equipment for the same slot (in this case gloves) with a higher armor number?

lol, all my other gear except the holster have mediocre rolls. These gloves though, rolled with those stats and I haven't even tried re-rolling them because they're near perfect for my vector.

Armor determines how much damage you can mitigate, you can check that in your character stats. For a tank build it's really good to have lots of armor, not so much for a healer or a sniper.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Xbox is officially the platform for poopsockers.

Cd1pno5UAAA0NfN

https://twitter.com/thedivisiongame/status/710858445096751105

I have this strange and sad feeling that the loot at Advanced weapons dealers wont reset :| I hope I am wrong though.

Nah, there a timer in the top left of each vendor. It refreshes when it reaches zero.

edit: I guess they could technically keep the same items in stock, but that wouldn't make much sense.

JackEtc

lol, all my other gear except the holster have mediocre rolls. These gloves though, rolled with those stats and I haven't even tried re-rolling them because they're near perfect for my vector.

Say theoretically you pick up new gloves with like 300 higher armor number but meh rolls, would you scrap your current gloves for them or keep rolling with the lower armor but better spec'd gloves? I'm curious about how much armor matters or at what point a difference in armor number is a real difference

WITHE1982

Go onto your map and hover over safe house and you can matchmake into someone else's New York where BK may still be alive.

Obviously you risk being kicked if you do this and the best case scenario is somehow getting the host to leave and you can keep playing in their instance even with them not there.

Thank you kindly. I'm currently farming the garment safe house and got a run down to 65 seconds or so. I'm just hearing about HE drops with BK so was gonna give him a go but I murdered him in cold blood days ago.

Geneijin

Say theoretically you pick up new gloves with like 300 higher armor number but meh rolls, would you scrap your current gloves for them or keep rolling with the lower armor but better spec'd gloves? I'm curious about how much armor matters or at what point a difference in armor number is a real difference
Go to inventory and check for your armor stat under the character tab. It'll tell you how much armor you have, and you can switch between gear to see how much armor impacts your defense.

Armor determines how much damage you can mitigate, you can check that in your character stats. For a tank build it's really good to have lots of armor, not so much for a healer or a sniper.

Anything over 50% damage reduction is probably really good. I was at 60% but dropped down to 52% and have noticed that I get downed if I try to take on too many enemies at the same time, which I could tank previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom