• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

xRaizen

Man why are people melting down over blueprints not changing. I thought that was the point. There are more blueprints in the DZ safehouses that are probably there to fill in the rest of the armour slots.

I do think the high-end weapon blueprints might be lacking for all the weapon types though. Haven't seen any for specific weapon types I'd prefer to use myself. That's what needs some fixing I think.

People want to be able to craft other types of weapons. For Assault Rifles we only get the Liberator and the BM AK-74 to craft. That leaves us out of the M4 and ACR rifles (along with maybe others I forgot about). And that's just AR's. Blueprints not changing effectively locks those HE variants to random drops. And we get barely any HE drops as it is, especially weapons since an HE could be a weapon, weapon mod, gear mod, or armor piece.

That's why people are upset. The armor slots are only part of the game, and even then if you want to be able to craft level 31 holsters, gloves, and chest armors you need to get DZ Rank 50.

Frenden

Banned
People want to be able to craft other types of weapons. For Assault Rifles we only get the Liberator and the BM AK-74 to craft. That leaves us out of the M4 and ACR rifles (along with maybe others I forgot about). And that's just AR's. Blueprints not changing effectively locks those HE variants to random drops. And we get barely any HE drops as it is, especially weapons since an HE could be a weapon, weapon mod, gear mod, or armor piece.

That's why people are upset. The armor slots are only part of the game, and even then if you want to be able to craft level 31 holsters, gloves, and chest armors you need to get DZ Rank 50.

Yup. And armor is relatively easy to get via CMs. The two biggest grinds are HE drops for weapon variety and mats for crafting. Feelsbadman.

JohnCYQ

lol wow, not only did the blueprints not change, they still didn't patch out the exploit?

Streamer Kinggothalion was supposedly told by a community manager at Massive/Ubisoft that "a patch was ready" to fix this. That was well over 12 hours ago.

I guess they're letting us enjoy the easy PxC farming while they work to also fix blueprints not rotating?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Geneijin

Man why are people melting down over blueprints not changing. I thought that was the point. There are more blueprints in the DZ safehouses that are probably there to fill in the rest of the armour slots.

I do think the high-end weapon blueprints might be lacking for all the weapon types though. Haven't seen any for specific weapon types I'd prefer to use myself. That's what needs some fixing I think.
It'd be interesting to see if this was intended all along for the Special Gear vendor to sell starter items, and The Dark Zone is the true endgame. It didn't occur to me until you brought it up. I'd like to think the BK exploit is what delayed a new inventory, but we'll see next week.

ReaperXL7

Has anyone even seen a high end sawed off shotgun? I have the Damascus pistol but its lacking the punch my old sawed off had, feels bad when I miss a purple that I trashed because I thought the HE was better :(

Anybody had any HE drops from the cavern boss? I'm only getting purples and it seems I've killed the autumn hope boss :(

the caduceus can drop from any named outside boss, its the only HE drop and will drop as a level 31 HE wep with random rolls. Its a small chance, for most people within 4-8 hours they are getting at least one. I got one after 3-4 hours of killing Chains in Stuyvesant.
http://thedivision.wikia.com/wiki/Caduceus

Has anyone even seen a high end sawed off shotgun? I have the Damascus pistol but its lacking the punch my old sawed off had, feels bad when I miss a purple that I trashed because I thought the HE was better :(

There are a few, I got a level 30 Tactical Super 90 SBS as a random drop in a hard mode mission.

xRaizen

I've seen quite a few purple shotgun sidearms, I'll bet there's even a high end one but the drop rates are abysmal and it looks like crafting vendors never change their stock so...

Pray to RNGesus.

void666

Banned
Tried challenge mode with MM. Guys die instantly. lol

I think i'm ready for CM. 120/70/9
My vector has tons of crit bonus and armor damage.

ReaperXL7

the caduceus can drop from any named outside boss, its the only HE drop and will drop as a level 31 HE wep with random rolls. Its a small chance, for most people within 4-8 hours they are getting at least one. I got one after 3-4 hours of killing Chains in Stuyvesant.
http://thedivision.wikia.com/wiki/Caduceus

There are a few, I got a level 30 Tactical Super 90 SBS as a random drop in a hard mode mission.

I've seen quite a few purple shotgun sidearms, I'll bet there's even a high end one but the drop rates are abysmal and it looks like crafting vendors never change their stock so...

Pray to RNGesus.

Well at least I know there is one, I tank for my group so my sidearm is the first weapon I try to keep as up to date as I can but the HE drops haven't been great for me outside of the darkzone. I have even been stacking scavending in hopes of it helping me out.

I'll have to start praying to Lord RNGesus and hope for the best.

RdN

Yeah, but that Electronics is pretty bad.

Challenge mode is all about crowd control, and not having the skills to do it will damage your run.

Woo-Fu

Banned

Eh, I did my first challenge map with ~60k dps/70k HP. It isn't about stats as much is it is about playing smart as a team. If you yell "shotguns!" and nobody on your team notices it doesn't matter what gear they're wearing.

BraXzy

This is where I end the day.

.eJwNyUsOwiAQANC7sJfhNzD0Ao0Lz2AIJbSmlQbGlfHudvveV3z6LiaxMp9jAli2kVtf5ODWUy2ytlb3ks5tyNwOSMwpr0d58wCN3gUfg7XkyWCwCrRXGIN2xpB1hJoQ7o_5qR2SvcJQILpdGikaS0q-zip-f-EbJhI.b2fX0UFUz_kjuz3IMNtpaUzDEyM.jpg

Not got good rolls yet on half my gear but damn.. I've got through hundreds of materials trying.

knitoe

Yeah. Finished random Hard daily and found the person's game who hasn't killed BK. Everyone left, and now, on the farm train.

arhra

Anyone else have issues with the Tools crate at the back of the Tech wing being kinda... unreliable? Half the time when I do my rounds after going back to base I can't loot it, and earlier today I had a thing where I kneeled down and did the looting animation, but didn't actually receive any materials.

Speaking of, I finally bit and re-rolled my Vector. Almost equally shitty perks. Sigh.

I got Commanding (kills with signature skill active extend duration), Ferocious (+damage to elites), and Deadly (+crit damage) as the freebie on my first roll.

Only problem is that means I need at least 1889 in all three stats to activate both Commanding and Ferocious, and I can't quite nail that yet (if I can get a pair of stamina gloves with a mod slot, I think I can just about wrangle it; hopefully BK will oblige at some point tomorrow).

Crafted myself a Liberator to compare to my AK as well, and while the perks seem potentially interesting, I just can't get it to handle as nicely as my stability-modded AK.

Quick

Banned
Played precinct siege in Brooklyn with a level 1 player (I'm level 3).

Near the (what I assume is) the end of that mission, the game kicks me off. That was annoying.

shermas

Played precinct siege in Brooklyn with a level 1 player (I'm level 3).

Near the (what I assume is) the end of that mission, the game kicks me off. That was annoying.

If you quickly log back in, and they haven't finished the level yet, you can probably rejoin them. I had the same thing happen earlier, I logged in and I rejoined the battle, right where I was dropped... I was stunned.

BraXzy

I have 500 phoenix credits, what should I get other than the smg everyone seems to be using?

Same here brother.

Backpack and knee pad blueprints with the stat of your choice IMO. And maybe the magazine blueprint if you can afford it.

Olengie

Took longer than a hour, but my three friends (finally got a full team) and I managed to beat CM Russian Consulate. Damn Shotgunners. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom