• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosseye

I'm probably doing the whole build thing wrong. Just hit level 18 and primary DPS is 16,500 ish, Health around 6,900, Skill at 2,100 give or take. I was going for a high damage build but reading around suggests a bit more balance might be in order....any thoughts?

Also just got my first purples (vendor bought, never seen a purple drop in the wild) shotgun and SMG.

I try to keep my stats balanced, running 120k DPS, 55k HP, and 25k Skill Power. Need the Electronics to keep my talents active on my weapons. I also have a second gear set with 195% scavenging that I pop on before opening chests or last hitting a boss. Anyone else doing this?

Yeah, I go for more of a balanced build as it helps with activating most talents on weapons. I also started focusing more on stability regarding primary weapons as the amount of DPS is pointless if you cannot consistently hit your target. So instead of going for an erratic 150K+ DPS weapon I'll stick to a 115K DPS lazer-like Caduceus after stabilizing it with mods.

Currently at...

DPS: 115K
Health: 65K
Skill: 25K

...with all weapon talents active with all High-end weapons, gear, and gear mods. Some High-end weapon mods too. My Classic M1A is Superior but does 100K DPS.

BraXzy

I'm probably doing the whole build thing wrong. Just hit level 18 and primary DPS is 16,500 ish, Health around 6,900, Skill at 2,100 give or take. I was going for a high damage build but reading around suggests a bit more balance might be in order....any thoughts?

Also just got my first purples (vendor bought, never seen a purple drop in the wild) shotgun and SMG.

I wouldn't worry about it too much at level 18, you constantly upgrade your gear as you level. Just experiment a bit, your ratio seems about right honestly.

Anilusion

So... how does this work?

sMse73Y.png

LProtag

I've got a pretty decent DPS/Health build going, but I kinda want to try support with an LMG.

I just have nothing HE that does anything for electronics, because it seemed like a waste, haha.

Razgreez

Ones stamina ones electronics

Yeah no issue there. However, i am having an issue with a socom M1A where if i just about meet the skill requirements to activate the perks they do so but if i go over and above them by some margin then the perks show deactivated on the main inventory screen but activated on the weapon detail screen. I haven't yet been able to ascertain whether or not they are actually activated but i found it rather weird that this was occuring

vector 45 ACP SMG pattern
extended magazine pattern
firearms backpack pattern
firearms gas mask pattern
firearms gear mod pattern
HE kneepads item buy

Once you get those bought and crafted (may need to craft some over and over to get rolls you are happy with) you are like 80% near the best stats you can get in the game, only a few slots missing vendor buyable pC patterns.

DO NOT CRAFT THE BACKPACK

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So what are peoples weapon combinations? I've been carrying an Assault Rifle and a Marksmen Rifle, but I'm wondering if I should swap the AR for an SMG.

bosseye

I wouldn't worry about it too much at level 18, you constantly upgrade your gear as you level. Just experiment a bit, your ratio seems about right honestly.

Ah, thanks that's good to know. I'm still dying quite easily so thought I might be focusing on the wrong area.

I really like the subtlety of the character building, far more to it than I thought. Really enjoyable game. I've put 26 hours in so far, half of that just pottering around soaking up the detail and density in the world.

Love it.

Crafted a backpack last night, along with some other pieces of gear and mods. Logged out, game bugged out, lost the backpack, all crafted gear and my cadeceus. Went to restart the game, now stuck in perpetual login screen.

Spoke to ubi support, they have no eta on a fix for this but seems like I'm hosed.

So what are peoples weapon combinations? I've been carrying an Assault Rifle and a Marksmen Rifle, but I'm wondering if I should swap the AR for an SMG.

I run AR and SMG as my main setup. Was using Liberator and Vector combo but am now mostly using Caduceus and Midas combo. I mix in the Classic M1A marksman rifle when the situation calls for it. I've also started using the pistol more since I'm using the Repo Reaper talent, the Damascus is a great finisher.

Crafted a backpack last night, along with some other pieces of gear and mods. Logged out, game bugged out, lost the backpack, all crafted gear and my cadeceus. Went to restart the game, now stuck in perpetual login screen.

Spoke to ubi support, they have no eta on a fix for this but seems like I'm hosed.

pwVJgyI.gif

How are ballistic shield and mobile cover for challenge modes? So far we have just been running support station/smart cover, but have been wondering if one person should bring the shields for those fun shotgun enemies.

Klyka

Banned
How are ballistic shield and mobile cover for challenge modes? So far we have just been running support station/smart cover, but have been wondering if one person should bring the shields for those fun shotgun enemies.

Ballistic shield is amazing and well worth it

shoot a smart cover on the shield and you have a mobile smart cover around it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom