• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbortz78

Does anyone have a list or website that shows what type of vendor each safe house has and which ones share the same stock, so I dont have to cycle through all of them when looking for a new weapon or gear item?

Does anyone have a list or website that shows what type of vendor each safe house has and which ones share the same stock, so I dont have to cycle through all of them when looking for a new weapon or gear item?

There's a guy on reddit who makes a list of all the stuff the vendors sell daily
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/

but honestly I just wouldn't bother. Don't buy any vendor gear while leveling, just equip whatever new better drop comes along as you level - don't even spend much time on it, if the new item has a few ^^^ green's on your main char page just equip it.

At 30 just run general assembly / lexington hard over and over and you'll get like 5-7 purples every time, equip them as you see fit. Farm BK until you can buy vector, mag, and then craft some HE equipment. Few hours of that and boom, you are mostly done gearing up and will probably just be missing a HE sniper rifle and 1-2 armor slots.

And people who are asking for BK invites, you can kill ANY named elite outside and farm him, it doesn't have to be BK he's just the "fastest" from a safehouse. Here's a map of all the named elites, wander around your map until you find one and then you can farm it. All of them are equivalent at 30 as far as loot is concerned.
http://i.imgur.com/8eZ8FIu.png

Klyka

Banned
There's a guy on reddit who makes a list of all the stuff the vendors sell daily

but honestly I just wouldn't bother. Don't buy any vendor gear while leveling, just equip whatever new better drop comes along as you level - don't even spend much time on it, if the new item has a few green's on your main char page just equip it.

At 30 just run general assembly / lexington hard over and over and you'll get like 5-7 purples every time, equip them as you see fit. Farm BK until you can buy vector, mag, and then craft some HE equipment. Few hours of that and boom, you are mostly done gearing up and will probably just be missing a HE sniper rifle and 1-2 armor slots.

I like how you are literally giving him the most boring and soul sucking tips.

Ugh. This is gonna annoy me a lot. Stamina is over 2k (health is at 65k but that's not what this is about). Ended up destroying a blue that would bring it down to 1678 with my health taking a 15k nosedive.

For some fucking reason, screen shows stamina is at 1678 (health still at 65k) even though it really is at like 2140. I even checked how much an unequipped stamina gear increases the stamina points. Checking it shows that I go up to 2583 but upon equipping it, stamina shows as 1678. Health goes up.

It's an annoying thing.

Fake edit: now health shows up as 50k when I go over any equipped gear while returning to 65k when I go to the weapons column. -___-

Real edit: had to log out three times just to get it back to normal. Kept showing up the first two times I logged out.

Had this happen to me last night as well. As others mentioned, logging in and out fixed it for me.

jbortz78

but honestly I just wouldn't bother. Don't buy any vendor gear while leveling, just equip whatever new better drop comes along as you level - don't even spend much time on it, if the new item has a few green's on your main char page just equip it.

And people who are asking for BK invites, you can kill ANY named elite outside and farm him, it doesn't have to be BK he's just the "fastest" from a safehouse. Here's a map of all the named elites, wander around your map until you find one and then you can farm it
http://i.imgur.com/8eZ8FIu.png

Thanks for the info, and I know I shouldnt buy gear when lvling. But since being a father of 3 with limited time i like to draw things out. Like yesterday just having fin in the DZ on lvl 24 with two friends in similiar living situations. Then its more fun running around with decent weapon/gear:)

I have 330 Phoenix credits. What are the best recommendations?

vector 45 ACP SMG pattern
extended magazine pattern
firearms backpack pattern
firearms gas mask pattern
firearms gear mod pattern
HE kneepads item buy

Once you get those bought and crafted (may need to craft some over and over to get rolls you are happy with) you are like 80% near the best stats you can get in the game, only a few slots missing vendor buyable pC patterns.

Anilusion

HE kneepads item buy

Once you get those bought and crafted (may need to craft some over and over to get rolls you are happy with) you are like 80% near the best stats you can get in the game, only a few slots missing vendor buyable pC patterns.

Can you buy HE items without DZ rank? Except for the blueprint vendor in the boo.

ODDI

Got a delta error that completely fucked up everything I worked for last night, I lost Cadecus and about 2/3 of weapons in my inventory while all the attachments I had on the guns go into my inventory going over the carry limit causing my game to give me more Delta errors. Even one time I returned to my BoO the doors were closed,WTF!

Holy shit as of writing this I'm to get rid the attachments BUT I CAN'T, I can't sell them, store them or equip them holy shit is my game borked?

Ran into a really frustrating bug with my level 27...all of a sudden...
1-on the map view there's no sound when I hover over mission icons;
2-my orange arrow pointing to the next mission won't appear on screen at all;
3-sound doesn't play when I pick up phones and other collectibles (it works in the menu though).

Any reports on a fix?!

(Updating the console/game did not work).

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Is there a way of changing your dark zone instance without joining someone else's group? I've been trying to get my level up but there's a group of guys just running around only killing other players it seems.

Can you buy HE items without DZ rank? Except for the blueprint vendor in the boo.

Yes, the special items vendor on the 2nd floor of your BoO in the back left middle sells both HE blueprints but also a few standalone HE level 31 items. All of them require just Phoenix Credits (pC) to buy, no DZ rank required at all.

This is the best looking game I have experienced on my pc.... Simply beautiful.. Level 8 almost 9 after 20 hours and just love walking around solo and enjoying the first area still... Amazing job to the team...

Got a delta error that completely fucked up everything I worked for last night, I lost Cadecus and about 2/3 of weapons in my inventory while all the attachments I had on the guns go into my inventory going over the carry limit causing my game to give me more Delta errors. Even one time I returned to my BoO the doors were closed,WTF!

Holy shit as of writing this I'm to get rid the attachments BUT I CAN'T, I can't sell them, store them or equip them holy shit is my game borked?

Did you have a crafted HE backpack?

BraXzy

I'm sad to say that I have zero drive to play atm. I've got full high end (admittedly not all great rolls) but I really CBA farming PC or materials anymore which I need to reroll stuff.

And one of the main problems with the loot game right now IMO is the fact that crafting is the ultimate step to good loot. Stuff that drops from challenge mode seem to be item level 30 and therefore sub par. So once you've crafted stuff there's no incentive to keep at it for the loot drops. Dark zone stuff mainly drops purples so no point there. Vendors don't come close.

I think crafted stuff should've been level 30 high ends that acted as a potential stand in till you got a great drop. Not the other way around.

Did our first challenge mission last night, was fun as hell even though the shotgunners kept getting us near the end. I may or may not be addicted to this game...

I am

darkwing

I'm sad to say that I have zero drive to play atm. I've got full high end (admittedly not all great rolls) but I really CBA farming PC or materials anymore which I need to reroll stuff.

And one of the main problems with the loot game right now IMO is the fact that crafting is the ultimate step to good loot. Stuff that drops from challenge mode seem to be item level 30 and therefore sub par. So once you've crafted stuff there's no incentive to keep at it for the loot drops. Dark zone stuff mainly drops purples so no point there. Vendors don't come close.

I think crafted stuff should've been level 30 high ends that acted as a potential stand in till you got a great drop. Not the other way around.

I disagree ,there should be several ways to get high end stuff , a light at the end of the tunnel instead of just RNGesus

Klyka

Banned
Is there a minimum of Skill I should have at 30 ?

looking at everyone else, I seem to be the only person who goes for high skill.

I have 30k skill, 65k health and 70k DPS

I heal like crazy and my buffs are insane, as well as my explosive damage

all i ever see is people with like 150k+ dps and like 10k skillpower

I could play like that, but it's so fulfilling to be a healer in this and safe everyones ass.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Purchased loads of HE blueprints.
smiley-dance011.gif

BraXzy

I disagree ,there should be several ways to get high end stuff , a light at the end of the tunnel instead of just RNGesus

I'm not saying there shouldnt be multiple routes to good gear, but crafted gear shouldnt beat all else. If I get a backpack drop from the end of challenge mode, I can craft one with better stats. Making it pointless.

SOR5

This is the best looking game I have experienced on my pc.... Simply beautiful.. Level 8 almost 9 after 20 hours and just love walking around solo and enjoying the first area still... Amazing job to the team...

The weather in particular is just damn good

dustyherb

all i ever see is people with like 150k+ dps and like 10k skillpower

I could play like that, but it's so fulfilling to be a healer in this and safe everyones ass.
Ive been doing the same thing. I have 90k dps, 60k health and 27k skill. Does wonders for healing in challenge missions.

BraXzy

all i ever see is people with like 150k+ dps and like 10k skillpower.

It's not for everyone but skill builds are legit. I was running CM with someone who had like 40K skill power and I was critting like 500k sniper headshots with their pulse and smart cover active.

Daft Punk

Banned
HE kneepads item buy

I got the HE kneepads blueprint yesterday and crafted a 989 Armor kneepad with some beats stats. Made me happy except trying to farm other bosses since BK is gone sucks. :(

Klyka

Banned
It's not for everyone but skill builds are legit. I was running CM with someone who had like 40K skill power and I was critting like 500k sniper headshots with their pulse and smart cover active.

jupp. if i can go support cause we got another healer, I can use pulse and smart cover which give insane buffs.

My pulse alone increases critical chance by like 35%

Mystery

I try to keep my stats balanced, running 120k DPS, 55k HP, and 25k Skill Power. Need the Electronics to keep my talents active on my weapons. I also have a second gear set with 195% scavenging that I pop on before opening chests or last hitting a boss. Anyone else doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom