• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show me your agents!

My military looking character:

lyKGtn0.jpg

tosu

Neo Member
What is the best HE assault rifle for a dps build? I have the cad but seems like I need a higher skill power to take advantage of it.

Klyka

Banned
yeah seems like 90% of the people playing this is going full dps so i think people are gonna need a tank or healer for the "raid"

it's super fun and works so well.

we are a group of three friends and one is full ballistic shield tank, i am full healer and the other is full DPS with CC

it's awesome how well you can play like that and having enemies focus fire one person frees the others up to do whatever they want really.

What people do is go full DPS and then basically just shoot the missions down.
that's why you have so many people complain about shotguns btw. even if you CC them, having the ballistic shield guy to stand in their way and absorb all their shots is just SO good.
like, it makes them completely easy to control.

Deku Tree

Pretty happy with my BMK AK and MK14 build. Both guns have crit damage +25% and all my gear is rolled for crit damage and crit %. The MK14 has a better fire rate and mag than my M1A, but thanks to its perks, crits for almost as much. Mows people down.

140K DPS + 80K health + 11k skill is a lot more balanced than I expected to be able to get.

Cd6oZeKUUAAmFpA.jpg

Being above 80K for CM feels absolutely essential after. I used to think 60k was fine, but being able to survive a shotgunner for a second or two is clutch.

Nice! Did you get a caduceus?

I need to grind more CM to get better HE gear sometime.

Where did you get a HE weapon mod for the underbar thing (what do you call it) that increases weapon stability?

noomi

All side missions and encounters done, feels good.

Now to find all those dreaded collectibles. Will probably do only one area per say so I can keep my sanity...

Frenden

Banned
Lookin good! Nice stats. I need more health, my DPS and skill power are fine. 50k Health is not enough like you say.

I think I want to try a health and skill build next. Health above 60k seems key, yeah. 80k feels a lot safer.

What is the best HE assault rifle for a dps build? I have the cad but seems like I need a higher skill power to take advantage of it.

Black Market AK HE Blueprint.

Nice! Did you get a caduceus?

I need to grind more CM to get better HE gear sometime.

Yup! It's not bad. I prefer my BMK AK, though.

idonteven

it's super fun and works so well.

we are a group of three friends and one is full ballistic shield tank, i am full healer and the other is full DPS with CC

it's awesome how well you can play like that and having enemies focus fire one person frees the others up to do whatever they want really.

mind telling me what to focus on ? and what skills to use ?

tick221

All side missions and encounters done, feels good.

Now to find all those dreaded collectibles. Will probably do only one area per say so I can keep my sanity...

Just a warning there are a few echoes that wont clear, no matter what you do

Deku Tree

I think I want to try a health and skill build next. Health above 60k seems key, yeah. 80k feels a lot safer.

Black Market AK HE Blueprint.

Yup! It's not bad. I prefer my BMK AK, though.

Where did you get a HE weapon mod for the underbar thing (what do you call it) that increases weapon stability? I haven't seen a place to buy one of those....

Klyka

Banned
mind telling me what to focus on ? and what skills to use ?

well i don't know if I am like, the super healer but what works for me pretty well is the following:

in challenge modes I use the support station that removes status effects and the heal that revives
this way our tank can stand in the support station and not worry about being set on fire or being disoriented and if anyone goes down I can immediately pick them up with the heal.

for talents I use the "medkits heal allies", the "revive ally and both get damage resist", the "heal allies and get skill cooldown" and the last one i choose different from time to time.

I also got my gear rolled in such a way that I get +15% healing speed with my support station and + 12% first aid ally heal

The cool thing with thet station is that because of the master mod, if you explode the station manually, you heal everyone inside of it AND overheal as well. quite good to do if it's close to running out or you need a quick heal on people.

idonteven

well i don't know if I am like, the super healer but what works for me pretty well is the following:

in challenge modes I use the support station that removes status effects and the heal that revives
this way our tank can stand in the support station and not worry about being set on fire or being disoriented and if anyone goes down I can immediately pick them up with the heal.

for talents I use the "medkits heal allies", the "revive ally and both get damage resist", the "heal allies and get skill cooldown" and the last one i choose different from time to time.

I also got my gear rolled in such a way that I get +15% healing speed with my support station and + 12% first aid ally heal

The cool thing with thet station is that because of the master mod, if you explode the station manually, you heal everyone inside of it AND overheal as well. quite good to do if it's close to running out or you need a quick heal on people.
alright thanks !

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Thanks soloing up to DZ04 with it and see how much I can push it.

The jacket is the Modern Windbreaker.

Thanks and good luck in the DZ - I've only ventured into DZ02 solo so far. Getting my ass handed to me more then I'm comfortable with :).

Damage for 1. I prefer stability over accuracy, and any talent that increases crits or headshot dmg, usually damage or headshot buffs for the mods, with some crit chances in there.
How's this for my smg?
Brutal: Headshot damage is increased by 25%
Adept: Using a skill increases your critical hit chance by 8%
Responsive: Damage is increases by 13% when closer than 10 meter to an enemy.

Audioboxer

Been coming across a fair few players who like to go rogue after they have let you (and themselves) extract. It's like the polite mans "gone rogue" lol. Shot in the back running away a fair few times.

A duo of level 24/28 killed me on the roof at extraction point DZ3 after extraction. I ran back and murdered them when they were extracting for a 2nd time, first time I've gone rogue but I had to have revenge. Shortly later they came across me again and tried to take me down, but I won. Managed to have it all saved within 15 min share limit to rewatch and enjoy.

I'm level 28. Struggling to get weapon drops in the DZ I might add, but I am only going between 1-4, as above that I'm toast solo. I've completed the main campaign, so will have to grind my way to 30 with side content.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
The Dark Zone is a hideous bastard that just takes and takes and takes and only gives shit loot. Admittedly, I just hit thirty this morning. It's very discouraging.

I guess I should be repeating the last few quests hoping for progressively better drops and then I can eventually handle the DZ?

Here are the lists of item talents.

Most are pretty useless except gloves and weapon
http://www.gamepur.com/guide/22503-division-list-all-talents-high-end-gear-and-weapons.html

Useless? Boosts to Skill Power, heal on crit, boosts to armor, lower CD on heals... these types of Talents when combined will make support and tank players absolute monsters.

Don't get me wrong, high DPS is great and it feels awesome killing stuff fast but run into a min/max tank with a min/max healer and they'll take all that damage and keep coming. And the downside to a high DPS build is they become glass cannons.. so it doesn't take much for those builds to drop. Support min/max isn't the best build.. but neither is pure DPS. The best setup is to have a solid mix of people in each of these roles. People shouldn't underestimate the strength of strong support builds though.

RdN

I'm currently sitting at 165k DPS, 65K Health and 15k Skill on a build focused on flanking enemies.

I like where the DPS is at, but sometimes I feel that I should have more health, specially considering the coming Incursions.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Show me your agents!
35Xcns6.png

I'd take a picture of mine but we have the same face, hair, colour, jacket, and what looks like the same armour.

I'm jealous that the camo's in the store haven't been any plain colour ones yet, the orange looked sweet, and I'd love me some green guns.

Iceman829

Does Bullet King still drop the Cad?

I'm doing the farm for the first time now

Yes it's a random drop. Got 1 last night and another this morning. Good luck with the drive thru getting your order correct

So, I've got a question about our buddy BK. If I stop farming but leave him alive, will he be there at a later time?

Yes, he stays there until you kill him and all of his entourage. I've been killing him 3 days now

hunchback

Posting again because this thread moves fast.

Has anybody bought the Division book and followed the woman's story and followed the clues in the book?

They did a great job on the book. All of the writing in the margins looks real. I just started so I'm too low level to figure out her story and clues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom