• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the Angry Joe video

Uninstalled the game right then and there

Not worth my time

I'm 80 hours in and watched his video. I still have zero regrets and still enjoying the grinding for optimal gear. He apparently doesn't like MMO's and neither do you?

Mobile cover in the doorway above the strairs helps a ton. You can use it to block the door so they cant run in and destroy you while bunched up on the stairs. If they do manage to get in, fall back to the very bottom where the hole in the wall is and take them out one by one when they come down.

Holy smokes....we never once thought about using mobile cover. Wow.

Link to video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTBcuZTPIEk

Posted on the AJ thread too but while I really enjoyed my time in Division, Joe is completely right on the Tom Clancy tie in dragging the game down, and the weaknesses in the story. I didn't really think about it before his video, but it is really bizarre and weird that you never really interact with the actual virus in any meaningful way in the game. Sure, grab some dollar bills at a store and see a lot of echos but nothing that makes you confront it and make some hard decisions like The Last of Us, and this game desperately needed some story elements like that.

Gonna trade it in next week, hopefully it goes up in trade value at best buy otherwise gamestop is giving 20% extra bonus (any game) if you trade in towards purchase of a PSVR starting tuesday. No regrets buying the game and I would definitely recommend the (physical) console version to anyone who likes grindy loot games.

WITHE1982

I watched the Angry Joe video

Uninstalled the game right then and there

Not worth my time

Wow! Talk about an overreaction just because of one video. Why would you even think of doing this. You've let yourself and everyone here down.

J/K my sarcasm detector is working today.

DeaDPo0L84

So I'm at work reading all this news about the possible glitch with the high end backpack. Of course that was the last thing I did last night so now I'm nervous about logging in tonight. Also is anyone else having lag issues? It is taking 3-5 seconds for anything I pick up to register and also damage doesn't take immediate effect when I shoot an enemy. Its really strange and just randomly started happening.

How's this for my smg?
Brutal: Headshot damage is increased by 25%
Adept: Using a skill increases your critical hit chance by 8%
Responsive: Damage is increases by 13% when closer than 10 meter to an enemy.

Those are really good! I love Brutal the most, and for an SMG when an enemy rushes you, that's good too. Is that your primary or secondary?

Adept, depends what skills you use. Any of the longer lasting skills make that pretty good.

Kabouter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTBcuZTPIEk

Posted on the AJ thread too but while I really enjoyed my time in Division, Joe is completely right on the Tom Clancy tie in dragging the game down, and the weaknesses in the story. I didn't really think about it before his video, but it is really bizarre and weird that you never really interact with the actual virus in any meaningful way in the game. Sure, grab some dollar bills at a store and see a lot of echos but nothing that makes you confront it and make some hard decisions like The Last of Us, and this game desperately needed some story elements like that.

Gonna trade it in next week, hopefully it goes up in trade value at best buy otherwise gamestop is giving 20% extra bonus (any game) if you trade in towards purchase of a PSVR starting tuesday. No regrets buying the game and I would definitely recommend the (physical) console version to anyone who likes grindy loot games.

I don't think the Tom Clancy name drags the game down, I think it's essential, because it basically guarantees they won't add supernatural bullshit. Other than that though, I think this guy made various points that I definitely agree with, and that Massive certainly should address. I think given his preferences and the criticisms he made, an average rating is not unfair at all, so I don't see why people should be so upset over it.

Deku Tree

Can we keep this thread AJ free? Like the entire forum should be? thanks.

Let's continue talking about BK's whoppers and fries

I am loving this game. And I respect the AJ review. A 5/10 is harsh but if you watch the whole 30 minute review AJ makes some really good points and gives a more in depth "gamer focused" review than most big web sites.

knitoe

So I'm at work reading all this news about the possible glitch with the high end backpack. Of course that was the last thing I did last night so now I'm nervous about logging in tonight. Also is anyone else having lag issues? It is taking 3-5 seconds for anything I pick up to register and also damage doesn't take immediate effect when I shoot an enemy. Its really strange and just randomly started happening.

I have made many backpacks and no issue logging in. Someone said the issue happens when you try to go into the DZ. Not sure if I have tried going there after crafting them. Best for me to just avoid that place for no.

DeaDPo0L84

I have made many backpacks and no issue logging in. Someone said the issue happens when you try to go into the DZ. Not sure if I have tried going there after crafting them. Best for me to just avoid that place for no.

Hmm okay thanks for the heads up. Wish there was confirmation from Massive.

It'll probably be Lincoln Tunnel. Seems to be just the same 4 challenges: Lincoln, Lexington, Warrengate, and Russian Consulate.

Hoping we get a new one.

IMO, I think Lex is the fastest and easiest.

Lincoln Tunnel is next. I don't know about the Russian Consolate, I skipped that one. Warrengate is a PITA but not nearly as bad when you have 4 people with max skills and at least a couple HE armor.

Namikaze1

IMO, I think Lex is the fastest and easiest.

Lincoln Tunnel is next. I don't know about the Russian Consolate, I skipped that one. Warrengate is a PITA but not nearly as bad when you have 4 people with max skills and at least a couple HE armor.
For me, in terms of easiest to biggest pain in the ass, it goes as Lincoln > Lexington >>>>>>>>>>>> Russian Consulate > Warrengate

Some people have had the bug happen after making a backpack and then joining friends and getting a long loading screen... others have had it happen without having made a backpack at all.

I don't think there's anything, yet, that points out exactly what's causing the issue.

Just skip that one, man. It's not worth it unless you have like 200k DPS, glitches aside. I am not going to touch that mission on challenging for a while.

It's fairly easy aside from the shotgunners. Stack smart cover w/ recharger mod and support station w/ life support/ammo support for the majority. Have 1 person with shield / mobile cover for when the shotgunners show up and you should be able to handle it. We did it last night with two people in full purples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom