• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Don't we get anything for ranking up over 30? Seems pointless that all the side missions I'm doing is giving XP but I get nothing for it.

You know how Destiny would reward Motes of Light?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
The appearance vender for the last two days is just stocking the same weapon camo's as last week, I hope they aren't going to be the same for another week, I wanted new colours.

Don't we get anything for ranking up over 30? Seems pointless that all the side missions I'm doing is giving XP but I get nothing for it.

You know how Destiny would reward Motes of Light?

Nope, it is weird that you keep getting exp. Hopefully they will add in something, like maybe extra PC or something each time you level.

Kamion

Man, the endgame-whine on reddit reminds me so much of every MMO I ever played.

Serious question: Do you think most people who play Destiny and this have never played an MMO and thus don't know that every MMO will lack endgame content on release until enough casual players reach max level? I mean, it's a natural progression.

New Content for (near) max-geared people -> Casuals do the "old" end-game content -> A minority reaches the "new" max-gear status -> (insert new rants here) -> Enough casuals clear the "old" content -> new content.

I just don't get what people expected.

Namikaze1

Wait. Never mind. Went back inside the safe house and went back to his spot. He was there.

Wonder why he wasn't there the first time. Used the pulse and everything. No one in sight.

I am loving this game. And I respect the AJ review. A 5/10 is harsh but if you watch the whole 30 minute review AJ makes some really good points and gives a more in depth "gamer focused" review than most big web sites.
My problem is that a lot of people put so much weight on his reviews in particular and use them as validation, even if they haven't even played the game.
But anyways, back to Division.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Who gives a fuck what other people think. If they pass on this game because of a low review then they are missing out. Fuck em.

Kamion

You didn't play WoW during its first few years then, reaching max lvl easily took weeks/months and there was a ton of stuff to grind for.

I started in January 2005. People were already 60 by then and the first Molten Core clear was like two months or something after I started playing.

But I get what you're saying WoW had more content, that's true. Two weeks is very short for an MMO but considering that this is a shooter MMO, I kinda expected this from the get-go.

Kamion

WoW was also 15 dollars a month

As is FF14 (okay it's like 12 I think?) and people clear endgame raids 2 weeks after they're released and would be decked out after a month or so if not for weekly lockouts.

It's an MMO and this one even has free updates. I really don't get what people expect :B

soccergod

Banned
Im having an issue where i dont get any communications from anyone in game, does anyone know how to fix it? I get chat and all its the NPC comm's that i dont get

So, just hit 30 and noticed the daily and challenge missions pop up.

Is it two daily and one challenge?
Also, whats with the timer being 00:00:00
is that my best time at doing the mission as I thought it would be the count down until they reset.

As is FF14 (okay it's like 12 I think?) and people clear endgame raids 2 weeks after they're released and would be decked out after a month or so if not for weekly lockouts.

It's an MMO and this one even has free updates. I really don't get what people expect :B

Those people are just crazy :p

Sane_Man

Dark Zone has been ruined. Every time I go in now there's just groups of 4-man overpowered teams just camping safe houses and checkpoints. What is the fucking point.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

If it has the letters MMO anywhere in it's genre or description it obviously needs to be compared to WoW for validity.

/s

Dark Zone has been ruined. Every time I go in now there's just groups of 4-man overpowered teams just camping safe houses and checkpoints. What is the fucking point.

Sounds like someone didn't pay attention to the description and explanations of the Dark Zone.

Hit rank 40 last night and I have yet to see anything remotely like this. Unless you leave your game or join someone elses you will always be joining the same server with the same people.

I have a rrrrrreal hard time of finding any rogues at all. And if I do, they're rank 1 and running away instead of engaging other players.

Hopefully the update next week adds some incentive to go rogue and reduces the penalty for dying while rogue, because right now it's just not worth it.

Sane_Man

Sounds like someone didn't pay attention to the description and explanations of the Dark Zone.

There's a difference between having a balance of people going rogue every now and again and having groups of 4-man teams all over the map camping outside of safe houses. I'm not saying it's against the rules but it's a douchey thing to do.

dLMN8R

Can someone give me a quick overview about how progression works when you party up?

• Do you always see the host's mission list? Or see your own?
  • What happens when you complete a mission that you haven't unlocked in your own game?

And other details like that...

Can someone help with two questions ?

1) Is crafting essential or are gear pickups always better so no point crafting things.

2) How do you know whether ARM or health is better. Sometimes I have gear that has a higher ARM lower waaaay lower DPS. So how do you know which is better? Say ARM 200 vs 300 but Health 42,000 vs 30,000

Confusing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom