• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasn't DPS always been an averaging of your output over time in all games and not your situational or max damage? This why extended mags and accuracy will show higher returns until a certain threshold. Same as a higher mana pool, energy in fighters, etc.

I can't remember a game where your DPS was an actual measure of your situational effectiveness.

Sober

The only thing that should matter is do you like the handling of this weapon, the mod slots available for it, and is it appropriately leveled for you? Normally if the rest of your gear is up to snuff you are killing dudes either way at a decent pace and you should be doing roughly the same amount of average damage over time (i.e. DPS) with said weapon as you would against other weapons of that class.

For instance it shouldn't matter an AK47 is doing more damage per hit at a lower rate if 1) you hate the horizontal recoil and can't/won't/don't mod most of it out or 2) you personally prefer higher RPM weapons even though they do less damage per hit or for any other reason. It shouldn't deter you if you say a high RPM weapon like a LW M4 or a LVOA-C or something doesn't do the same per-bullet damage as an AK. The shooting is still basically skill-based when it comes down to it.

I wish we could see is the damage range on vendor/dropped weapons, and possibly an ability to use the gunsmith to re-roll damage or other stuff on guns (talents really, unless there's also a way to craft your weapon laterally into another variation)

Hasn't DPS always been an averaging of your output over time in all games and not your situational or max damage? This why extended mags and accuracy will show higher returns until a certain threshold. Same as a higher mana pool, energy in fighters, etc.

I can't remember a game where your DPS was an actual measure of your situational effectiveness.
In a 'proper' MMO or non-skilled based action game where you do make rolls to land hits, your weapon DPS generally is normalized and also doesn't matter. And also then they are usually stat sticks. Being able to find a slower attacking weapon with a higher damage range at the same DPS is about as much min-maxing as you can really do, if you care enough that you need burst or you prefer to make more bigger discrete numbers per attack.

Iceman829

I posted this awhile back, but it's been lost in the BK craze. There is a way to double revive a player where you basically protect them from the next time they are downed. It will auto revive them the next time they fall down. While reviving continue to hold the revive button until the screen shows the text a second time that you revived player x. It will only take an extra couple of seconds and you can protect your buddies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
If you're attempting to min/max situation damage potential you need to pay attention to the mods more than the DPS number.

Ex: on my Vector I use my extended mag with 101% size + 7% crit chance over my mag with 85% size + 23.5% rof because I like bursting for headshots over full on spray. But situationally I will switch.

Kadin

I posted this awhile back, but it's been lost in the BK craze. There is a way to double revive a player where you basically protect them from the next time they are downed. It will auto revive them the next time they fall down. While reviving continue to hold the revive button until the screen shows the text a second time that you revived player x. It will only take an extra couple of seconds and you can protect your buddies.
I wondered what that start of a second green circle was. Now it's just a matter of getting them not to run away when they pop up.

Thx for posting that, had no clue.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Leaf Blue is the paint for today. Looks real nice. I bought 5.

D52V2l7.png

JJD

About 1 in 250 kills.
Give or take X number.

And it only seems to be the Cadus.

Apparently that is the only HE he drops. Most people are just farming him for resource/credits/money at this point after the drop..

Ahhh OK. Shame that he doesn't drop other stuff.

Anyway, why hip fire accuracy factors so much into DPS?

I'm almost always aiming before I shoot. I have a couple of yellow grips and the ones with stability drop my DPS a lot compared to hip fire. If I'm not hip firing I should equip the stability ones or the DPS increase will factor even when I'm aiming down sights?

ReaperXL7

BK finally gave me the whopper I was looking for, I will say it's a bit of a shame that players need to kill a single npc over and over again just to get the stuff they want but this stuff has been common in almost every game I have played in this type/or MMOs in general.

I really hope that Massive has a plan to increase the amount of loot in the game at a pretty good pace because that's ultimately what will keep the game alive as long as their other upcoming content is worthwhile. This is the only game I have ever bought a season pass for so I'm hoping it will be worth the price of admission because so far this is one of me favorite games of this console generation.

Cider X

Just farmed BK for about 6 hours. This will help me catch up to my friends in the game. Feelsgoodman. Also got the AR he drops. Seems decent.

fr0st

Banned
He needs to join again, since it will send him back to his own instance when he logged off, which is why I tried to join u earlier :3
Oh I'm not playing...its my brother cause he owns the ps4. Sorry guys if I'm not responding to messages or requests.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Just farmed BK for about 6 hours. This will help me catch up to my friends in the game. Feelsgoodman. Also got the AR he drops. Seems decent.

You guys have more patience than me. I lasted an hour then got too bored.

RS4-

Wait, where can you buy paint?

Right side of BoO, there's a vendor there that sells that shit. And its still goddamn hilarious that paint skins take up an inventory slot in stash. Like how does that get past any sort of reasonable thinking.

Still can't craft in multiples.
Still can't preview clothing.
The UI still being complete shit, especially when it comes to stats and such.

I am having a certain issue trying to finish achievements in this game. In particular the Survivalist achievement will not pop for me because General #7 will not spawn for me even though I have visited the location several times. Am I shit out of luck and need to make another character? Any advice would be great.

DTU

Banned
Right side of BoO, there's a vendor there that sells that shit. And its still goddamn hilarious that paint skins take up an inventory slot in stash. Like how does that get past any sort of reasonable thinking.

I see you've never designed or developed a game.

darkwing

Love the grief game in the division. I run around with a group killing NPCs in the dark zone. We got one spot left and some dude tails us so someone invites him. Little do we know that two of his friends tailing us. So he goes rogue on his own friends and they kills us all and steal all our items.

well played

wow, never thought of that

Leyasu

Banned
Heads up people. I crafted the tactical pack and have had zero problems with it. I have done missions and went into the DZ as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom