• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

NPC dropped a "Soft Leather Jacket" for me. It looks great. Not all puffy like most jackets. Finally switched outta the Iconic Jacket, heh

ISOM

I am so done with the Russian consulate mission on challenging unless Massive lowers the difficulty or increases the PCs. It's just not worth the time sink.

Huh a level 31 purple, didn't realise they existed.

The Agent set is awesome, I'm trying to get all the gear. Great stats, plenty of mod slots. It's the best you can get outside of HE I think.

By the way, for those of you who have to join other people's teams to farm bosses, you can keep farming even if your friend leaves the game. As long as you're not kicked out or don't choose to return to your world, you'll stay in your friend's world even after they leave. So at least you're not completely dependant on other people's time, you just have to join them at some point and that's it.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Finally hit 30!

original

What now? Just grind dailies?

leng jai

Pretty ridiculous that they haven't fixed the BK nonsense yet. Just means that people who don't or can't do it are just falling further behind which is kinda lame. They need to get on top of stuff like this quickly.

SlickVic

I know there's a separate XP system for the Dark Zone, but is there any recommended level to hit before going in there? I'm level 10 right now.

Pretty ridiculous that they haven't fixed the BK nonsense yet. Just means that people who don't or can't do it are just falling further behind which is kinda lame. They need to get on top of stuff like this quickly.

It's really not that bad. I grinded Mr. Whopper for 3-4 hrs today I'm an experiment and I got shit drops. Yes I got PC's but I would have got more running a DZ loop for that amount of time. Add to that he only drops a Cad rifle once every 100+ deaths... It's not too broken.

CamoKitty

After farming for eight plus hours to get three Cads, what should drop at my feet in the DZ? A Midas. Looks like crap, but I do like it's perks.

Leyasu

Banned

Although I agree, I don't think that it will matter too much soon. Because I am sure that they will soon introduce new gear and up the lvl cap.

The only people who are going to benefit are those that have hoarded PCs and broken everything down.

Side note, I would love an ETA for trading. I have stashed a balanced purple set and three fully upgraded guns for my cousin.

darkwing

probably in this week's maintenance, so a few days to catch up

Deception

Farmed BK for a few hours yesterday and didn't get cad to drop. Did General Assembly on challenge to get the Phoenix credit and cad dropped from the name elite right before the chopper.

here is the clip.

also are all cad talents the same? Cuz this gun is amazing, basically gives me unlimited skills because of the cool down from headshots.

knitoe

Farmed BK for a few hours yesterday and didn't get cad to drop. Did General Assembly on challenge to get the Phoenix credit and cad dropped from the name elite right before the chopper.

here is the clip.

also are all cad talents the same? Cuz this gun is amazing, basically gives me unlimited skills because of the cool down from headshots.

Nope. Have 2 cad with different talents.

fuzzyset

It's really not that bad. I grinded Mr. Whopper for 3-4 hrs today I'm an experiment and I got shit drops. Yes I got PC's but I would have got more running a DZ loop for that amount of time. Add to that he only drops a Cad rifle once every 100+ deaths... It's not too broken.

My group got 4 in roughly that many runs :-/ . It's pretty a ridiculous exploit/bug. It basically skips an entire tier of the gearing process. We hit 30 tonight, farmed BK, and jumped straight into Challenge modes. Didn't even have to touch DZ/Hard Mode for gear.

I know there's a separate XP system for the Dark Zone, but is there any recommended level to hit before going in there? I'm level 10 right now.
I went in at 11 solo, unable to extract as was overwhelmed by AI enemies, took too long to take them out so would end up dying pretty quick. Would be ok in a team probably or had better gear.

I thought crafting was a means to better gear. I crafted the blue SRS rifle, my green m44 carbine I had before is still my hard hitter.

Yep, it will be patched before I (and countless others) get chance to farm for some quick drops. Damn it gaf, you said don't rush to level 30 so you don't burn out ha ha, even if I rushed I wouldn't be high enough given my limited play time :(

Frenden

Banned
I'm still bummed about blueprint and vendor weapon and armor stock not refreshing. I'm sitting on ~800k creds and can't bring myself to buy Cassidy.

I'm still bummed about blueprint and vendor weapon and armor stock not refreshing. I'm sitting on ~800k creds and can't bring myself to buy Cassidy.

Yeah it sucks, really killed my desire to farm BK that much. I still idle in the safehouse and kill him if I have a chance. But not farming as I did before.

Just wondering did the Darkzone vendor's blueprint refresh compare to last week? I have no idea.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Thanks for the explanation, guys.

Tried my first Daily, our entire team got mowed down in seconds, over and over. WTF? I know this is supposed to be pretty challenging, but that shit just makes me want to trade this game in.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Tried my first Daily, our entire team got mowed down in seconds, over and over. WTF? I know this is supposed to be pretty challenging, but that shit just makes me want to trade this game in.

What difficulty level was it? Since I can see that on "Challenging" level or whatever its called, but just "Hard" mode, can do those solo no issue.

Is it supposed to refresh once in a day at least a week?
Normal vendors do refresh every day, he is talking about the Special Gear Vendor upstairs in the BoO. He refreshes the gears, weapons, mods, etc and every week on Friday. However as of last week, he did not refresh his HE blueprints.

Normal vendors do refresh every day, he is talking about the Special Gear Vendor upstairs in the BoO. He refreshes the gears, weapons, mods, etc and every week on Friday. However as of last week, he did not refresh his HE blueprints.

I see.
They didn't refresh the PC vendor's stuff as well right? Are they slacking or something?

BK was a generous soul today, handing out credits like chicken fries. I ended up picking up a ton of upgrades. Everything but the backpack and one mod slot.

My sheet DPS went from 115k to 155k, while my health climbed up to 56k. I imagine my damage would be higher if I equip the AK instead of the sub machine gun, but that sucker is a head shot machine.

It gets easier, believe me.

Also, make sure you're stacking smart covers and planting support stations. If your entire fireteam uses those skills, it makes things way more manageable.

Keep back. Let the enemies filter towards you in areas with good cover.

When I'm not there.

usonofabitch
Hey you can't say I didn't try to invite you! You were busy watching Netflix, sir. I see how it is. Thoughifitwasdaredeviltheniunderstand

Animator

Ignoring the stupid dps numbers is the best thing I did. My dps is 20k lower now at 140k yet I am dropping enemies more than twice as fast. I think I have like %60 crit chance when using a smg and sniper so almost every shot is a crit.

Ignoring the stupid dps numbers is the best thing I did. My dps is 20k lower now at 140k yet I am dropping enemies more than twice as fast. I think I have like %60 crit chance when using a smg and sniper so almost every shot is a crit.

Same here. I test everything out at the boo test station and it's the greatest thing. Got an HE Scar H and it's way worse than my Superior m1a, like almost half as bad yet stats show its better haha. But yea, dps Calc is messed up badly.

Same here. I test everything out at the boo test station and it's the greatest thing. Got an HE Scar H and it's way worse than my Superior m1a, like almost half as bad yet stats show its better haha. But yea, dps Calc is messed up badly.

Well, it's not messed up or anything at all. DPS is just stats, your efficiency on the field is an entirely different matter.
Why DPS is an inflated stat and you should stop using it to mean ‘good’PSA
  • The DPS stat assumes you land shots in your mag and land them for a certain value of damage (headshots and body shots) – in a skill-based RPG shooter
  • It assumes you time your reloads perfectly – we can’t assume this is always the case, so it will absolutely fluctuate
  • DPS is typically used to evaluate against a characters hit and miss stats/ratios – this applies in most select-target-and-attack RPGs based on RNG to tell the system if you hit/miss an enemy but not in the Division, where you aim and hit or you aim and miss
  • If you have an LMG with 88,000 DPS and miss every shot because you can’t aim, your DPS is Zero (0)
  • Primary stat distribution (Firearms, Stamina, Electronics) is a much better, quick-glance way to see how well a player is set-up

What's the best way to level up from 27 to 30 ?

I have completed all the missions and it looks like I'll have to grind every side mission/encounter but this shit is getting boring I'm afraid.
Well if there's a shortcut I'd like to know...

EDIT : crap. Now I'm getting a MIKE 20210563 error : Services are not available at this time
EDIT : Now the MIKE 20220360 error. Servers down or something ? Ah yea :| https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4b762d/pc_servers_keep_going_down_mike/

Tainted

What's the best way to level up from 27 to 30 ?

I have completed all the missions and it looks like I'll have to grind every side mission/encounter but this shit is getting boring I'm afraid.
Well if there's a shortcut I'd like to know...

Theres no real shortcut I'm afraid....you're going to have to do some side-missions or re-do story missions.

When I was levelling, I was completing all the sidemissions in each zone before moving onto the next. I was lvl 30 by the time I reached Murray Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom