• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

erawsd

So what do you guys think Massive will do about the games economy, it's kinda fucked now?

They probably just wont introduce any new things that will cost money. This game really would have benefited from an "end game" focused beta test. Some of the exploits, gamebreaking balance and bug issues are things that should have been pretty easy to catch.

Question for the gents who basically farm challenge mode all day:

Do you use a tank and/or healer?
Or do you just spam smart cover (which will 100% get changed)?

best mission to farm Challenging Mode is the Lexington Event Center which you can finish in ~15 minutes with the correct skills picked through your team, means 2 Phoenix Credits a minute, even more if its a daily mission
good teamplay and you can clear it even faster, a bad run should not take more than 20 minutes

go all out on damage, healing skills will just mean the mission take longer +
healing primarily is done via medikits anyhow since they are much faster

1 scanner skill to indentify the critial opponents that need to be stunned (shotgun npcs and big shield guys)
2 stun grenade skills to stun the new waves directly on spawn
4 damage boosts so new waves can be killed right out of their spawn while stunned
4 heal skills that allow you to revive teammates from the distance

another tipp is to always go for the backpacks on the big shield ones which greatly increases the time to get the down, just going for headshots takes way longer
here a short video in which you can see in action what i just explained
once you figured out the spawn-waves and locations its quite simple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpAwgL9x8U0

Hjod

Banned
They probably just wont introduce any new things that will cost money. This game really would have benefited from an "end game" focused beta test. Some of the exploits, gamebreaking balance and bug issues are things that should have been pretty easy to catch.

Yeah, that or raise the cost of HE blueprints if they refresh the blueprints. It will affect those of us who don't have time to grind BK before the patch.

Maybe they'll increase the difficulty of the incursions seeing how a lot of players are geared already. I have no idea really.

Klyka

Banned
best mission to farm Challenging Mode is the Lexington Event Center which you can finish in ~15 minutes with the correct skills picked through your team, means 2 Phoenix Credits a minute, even more if its a daily mission
good teamplay and you can clear it even faster, a bad run should not take more than 20 minutes

go all out on damage, healing skills will just mean the mission take longer +
healing primarily is done via medikits anyhow since they are much faster

1 scanner skill to indentify the critial opponents that need to be stunned
2 stun grenade skills to stun the new waves directly on spawn
4 damage boosts so new waves can be killed right out of their spawn while stunned
4 heal skills that allow you to revive teammates from the distance

another tipp is to always go for the backpacks on the big ones which greatly increases the time to get the down, just going for headshots takes way longer
here a short video in which you can see in action what i just explained
once you figured out the spawn-waves and locations its quite simple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpAwgL9x8U0

nah that looks boring as fuck i don't do "farms" i just do the daily or i mix it up

i hate "efficient" runs, it's so mindless and grindy

I basically just wanted to hear from People if they actually have to use the Options the game gives you or if it's all just "lel dps"
which i bet it's gonna be in incursions as well

k1t4j

Got my first "superior" weapons and gear in the DZ on Friday night. What a great buzz getting them extracted solo at the Bryant Park extraction point amongst a load of yellow enemies, a couple of rogues and a group of three tense but ultimately friendly non hostile agents.

I get the impression most people will fall behind in any game with a grind to the kind of folk willing to do something like this for hours on end. Even if there was no exploit I'm pretty sure they would still be way ahead.

Bit of a shame for DZ balance but I'm starting to realise balancing a PvPvE environment will always be super difficult without really granular matchmaking and intelligent mechanisms to normalise players wanting to play with friends with significantly different levels.

I am with you on this, Bryant park is where I do all my extractions now, the rush of enemies, the purple drops that you want to extract which are super rare (I am 19) it's so dam good.

Sometimes a guy shows up and you don't know if he's going to help or not, and it also helps that on my bracket people go rogue all the time and have no problem on risking it all by trying to kill me. From everything I read people at lv 30 either bait you into going rogue or don't go rogue at all.

Then you have the guys that exploit every single issue with the game so they can get the loot faster and then go online bragging about how they have the best gear and they are going to quit because there's nothing else to do.

The latest exploits are just another reason why I am not in a rush to lv 30. The DZ at 30 seems to be full of grievers and exploiters by the looks of it.

According to reddit I have been playing the game all wrong. I was not 30 on the first week, I shouldn't buy DZ 30 items because they are shit. Well I having a blast being lv 19 / 40 DZ, wearing full purples from the DZ vendors and giving people that try to gank me in the DZ a run for their money.

It's been so long since I had this much fun with a game, I love the world, the setting and I love exploring it, to a certain extent it actually is taking m back to that Vanilla WoW feeling.

Cob32

You expect the dev's to work on a weekend?
Since Massive is located in Sweden, I assume they'll release a fix somewhere around monday GMT, so keep farming that BK boys.

Probably had holidays booked for after the heavy workload running up to launch.

ODDI

Helped a friend/ teammate get his first HE drop in the DZ.

He gets the Midas.

I never felt a might need to go rouge.

Apt101

Errors whenever matchmaking on PC. Again.

Ugh. So sad. Despite how fun the game is when working, sometimes I think the scores of 5-6.7 are too high when the product itself so rarely works as intended.

Makikou

I am starting to think the JTF is like the comedy relief of this game.

-TAKING SMALL ARMS FIRE.SMALL.ARMS.FIRE.
(NPC's with flame-throwers and shotguns)

-THEY ARE NOT PROS. SEND THEM BACK TO PRISON. DAM CLEANERS
(fighting Rioters)

-YOU'RE A GREAT SHOT. WE WERE DOING FINE UNTIL YOU SHOWED UP
(A mission that tasks me to protect them from enemy waves)

Then you have the JTF officers at the safe houses that give you the missions. I found the Motherly figure, the Pessimist, The overly literal guy, The one that sucks up to you, The Italian mobster.

Too funny.

I love the JTF officer that's all spiritual.

Grassy

Just learned what you guys are talking about when you kept saying Burger King! LOL.

Welcome to Burger King, my name is Alex, can I take your order please?

Dat yellow weapon.

lolno

How many kills did it take some of you to get it to drop?

It took me around 2 hours or so to get a Caduceus, so I'd guess around 100-120 kills for me. I ended up with lots of materials for crafting HE gear by de-constructing all the purple gear he dropped, and almost 250 Phoenix Credits as well. Well worth it.

I hope BK is still open tomorrow morning, 'cos I'm still hungry... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Audioboxer

It took me around 2 hours or so to get a Caduceus, so I'd guess around 100-120 kills for me. I ended up with lots of materials for crafting HE gear by de-constructing all the purple gear he dropped, and almost 250 Phoenix Credits as well. Well worth it.

I hope BK is still open tomorrow morning, 'cos I'm still hungry... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Cheers. Thinking I'm approaching about 100 kills.

Took me making about ten of them, but I really love the Vector. I think I'll main it with my AK on secondary for more range. I love marksman rifles as secondaries, but I only have a semi-decent purple and my AK destroys it.

There was a Gaffer attempting a shotgun build that I was questioning for CMs. Anyone have any success? In theory, I'd be 100% working a shotgun build, but seeing as CM shotgun rushers can basically two shot you to death and snipe you from across the damn map...

Then you have the JTF officers at the safe houses that give you the missions. I found the Motherly figure, the Pessimist, The overly literal guy, The one that sucks up to you, The Italian mobster.

Too funny.

The one with the cold that literally fills his throat with mucus whilst he is giving you a mission. Grossly amazing.

I am starting to think the JTF is like the comedy relief of this game.

-TAKING SMALL ARMS FIRE.SMALL.ARMS.FIRE.
(NPC's with flame-throwers and shotguns)

-THEY ARE NOT PROS. SEND THEM BACK TO PRISON. DAM CLEANERS
(fighting Rioters)

-YOU'RE A GREAT SHOT. WE WERE DOING FINE UNTIL YOU SHOWED UP
(A mission that tasks me to protect them from enemy waves)

Too funny.
The guy that talks to his dog had me cracking up because it reminded me of myself. Damn dogs lol

Ketch

The way the ring fills up super slow had me thinking you would just hold the button down and it would keep crafting with the ring filling faster and faster each time. But no. Weird design decision.

k1t4j

I love the JTF officer that's all spiritual.

The one with the cold that literally fills his throat with mucus whilst he is giving you a mission. Grossly amazing.

Ahahaha, holy shit, yes I forgot about those guys. Then with the cold is some fucking amazing acting. Either the guy was really sick or he truly nailed it.

Also I hope they release some update that makes the PvE part of the city more dangerous or exciting, too many locations here with nothing to do or just a chest and 1-2 enemies.

Give people a reason to revisit or better explore the detailed city they created.

Attempting the daily challenging mission with people who don't have mics is the worst. I played with three separate groups and each group went Leroy Jenkins every single time. If that didn't work the first 6 times, its not going to work the 7th.

p.s. animal lover JTF is my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom