• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Division doesn't have any awesome unique end game loot. It's just oh a higher DPS version of the same gun that I already had with a new perk that makes me 4% better at something. There is no "omg I got gjallarhorn" moment to look forward to.

Never say never :)

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Talents were Unforgiving, Sustained and Accurate on the first roll. Not the greatest so I might try a re-roll at some point.

Rest was 8484 damage, 750 rpm and 20mag without mods which puts it at about 61k dps. Even with it not being a dream roll it drops purples like nothing.

The AUG I got has 113,317 DPS with Brutal, Provident. 8032 DMG, 725 RPM and 50 MAG. 20% Criticial Hit Chance, with mods its super stable and accurate.

I think getting the Vector might be a waste. With the perks I use it takes down elites pretty quick as well.

Ok, we now need to get together and farm some CM. I'm about around 8pm UK time and will be about quite a lot next week

Sounds good man.

Kadin

I left the preview late last year. All in all the turnaround is pretty quick to full release so you're not missing much for long.
You mean if I want to get back into preview it doesn't take too long? I mainly did it for all the early access to features, etc like most people but now with BC done, not sure I see a reason to deal with all these updates. My X1 has never done auto updates after countless attempts with people here and Xbox support so it can be pretty annoying.

Division doesn't have any awesome unique end game loot. It's just oh a higher DPS version of the same gun that I already had with a new perk that makes me 4% better at something. There is no "omg I got gjallarhorn" moment to look forward to.

Pretty much how I feel. It's like yay I got a legendary <insert gun here> that pretty much looks like every other iteration of said gun.

One of the best parts of getting epic/legendary/exotic loot in action rpgs are the item models themselves.

Beat the last story mission a couple of days ago and have been roaming the dark zone with a bunch of randoms trying to get better loot and Pheonix credits. Lol, I accidently killed BK and all his goons. While I had fun playing as much as I did, I can't really see myself farming baddies for rare drops and PHNX credits anymore.

Reaching the point where I'm getting bored. I wish it had dedicated pvp with no draw backs.

Same here! Some small medium and large maps, indoor and outdoor ones.... Respawn mode... A no respawn elimination mode... I realllllly think it would suck a lot of players in! Seems like a no brainier!

MildSoss

The AUG I got has 113,317 DPS with Brutal, Provident. 8032 DMG, 725 RPM and 50 MAG. 20% Criticial Hit Chance, with mods its super stable and accurate.

I think getting the Vector might be a waste. With the perks I use it takes down elites pretty quick as well.
Yup, I prefer the Aug over there vector easily. I got lucky and had a HE one drop the other day with some nice talents, thing almost feels like an AR with how stable it is.

Leyasu

Banned
So with the honeymoon period over, what do people think?
Ah man, the best co-op experience around at the mo for me atleast. The dz is incredible in a squad. I played the dz with two squads in one party chat and it was fucking awesome. The main missions are great, and I am hopefully geared for CM. Incursions are coming and the expansions. All in all, I'm just getting started.

The only thing is the PvP is almost impossible to balance. And quite frankly, it don't interest me.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm a bit surprised more people aren't farming DZ right now. Once they fix it so that going rogue is more encouraged, it's going to be a lot harder to farm. It's easy farming now.

Ran BK yesterday a few times, nothing interesting dropped, only stuff for mats.

Today I thought about the scavenging on some equipment and equipped some gear and brought it to over 150 percent.
After the 4th BK kill he dropped the Cad, don't know if just luck or if it indeed had something to do with scavenging.

Definitely had more drops from normal goons on some hard mission runs later.

I'm a bit surprised more people aren't farming DZ right now. Once they fix it so that going rogue is more encouraged, it's going to be a lot harder to farm. It's easy farming now.

DZ5 is where it's at. Lots of named bosses, remote extraction areas, and a whole mess of division tech boxes.

That whole Gjallarhorn moment only came about for DPS type reasons because it was overpowered compared to everything else. The exotic loot wasn't well balanced in Destiny originally.

They could do the same thing in the Division just by making one or two yellow guns crazy overpowered so the rest aren't worth having.
They could perhaps be a bit more adventurous with the aesthetics of the weapons to make them stand out a bit more.

Kadin

Well that was scary. Was sitting at the "Connecting..." screen for about two minutes before it finally quit out with a Delta error. Loaded in fine after. *phew*

deadduck

Destiny doesn't have an "OMG I Got a Gjallarhorn now" either. Most useful weapon in the game is a sniper you get from a quest. Lol.

The Midas was ghorn levels of destruction, but they reacted quick to kill it's OPness.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
How much of an improvement are the High-End stamina blueprint mods over something like a Superior prototype stamina mod?

Man, wtf?

Anyone see weird DPS fluctuations when adding mods to weapons? Just modded a weapon, got 115k DPS.

Added those SAME mods to a different weapon just to compare, didn't like it. Re-added the exact same mods to the first gun, and now it's 110k DPS.

Uhh.

Man, wtf?

Anyone see weird DPS fluctuations when adding mods to weapons? Just modded a weapon, got 115k DPS.

Added those SAME mods to a different weapon just to compare, didn't like it. Re-added the exact same mods to the first gun, and now it's 110k DPS.

Uhh.
Log out and log back in. It's a bug that logging out fixes.

hydruxo

What/who the hell is BK?

The Burger King?

41-3-93d0082605ec76581c027bf95be52546.gif

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man, wtf?

Uhh.

Yeah been happening to myself. Last night it jumped from 110k to 170k. I was all happy then it fell back to 110k. :(

31 highends go to 143 in each slot.

Bought that then. Now to farm electronics.

Sorc3r3r

Got to lvl 30 today, was really a bad experience, i do not like the shooting mechanics one bit.
I found that the thing that is the worst offender is the fact that the crosshair does not reset to a neutral position after the recoil and you have to correct every time.
The wonky aim assist makes the experience even worse.
So i do not have fun shooting and in a cover based shooter is a bad thing.

Then the character movements are too on the heavy side, not responsive as much as would like.

The enemies are boring, flat, samey, spongy.

The rpg side at first looked good, but after a while has not much depth either.

What i got is that is very hard to develop an rpg with rifles...it takes out half the depth of the combat system.

What i got, number two, is that Bungie with Destiny made a some very smart choices.

SkylineRKR

Destiny has much more potential ofcourse. Its a FPS with potentially good PvP.

All Bungie has to do is making the game more accessible. If they make Destiny 2 matchmaking and traversal as easy as Division then its a winner. More stats to look out and roll for would be good too. And stop nerfing every single thing, they ruined PvP like this.

Destiny doesn't have an "OMG I Got a Gjallarhorn now" either. Most useful weapon in the game is a sniper you get from a quest. Lol.

The Midas was ghorn levels of destruction, but they reacted quick to kill it's OPness.

Yeah Destiny exotics are shit nowadays. But they still have this outlandish design which is possible in a fantasy sci fi setting.

sgtmofo

Neo Member
Finished with story, got to level 30. Around 50k DPS, 30K Health. Did a couple daily missions - what should I be doing now to get some better loot to bump those numbers up?

And what's this BK being mentioned?

Look at alll these golden guns i can't make because RNG decides to give me 0 gold divison tech's after 4 hours of looking.. Great game massive!

There is even a high end MP5 i REALLY wanted to make but yeah, guess not

QlwZurY.jpg

HelloMeow

Very enjoyable game. Kind of repetitive. Lots of annoying bugs like ignored input, inconsistent cover movement and abilities not working in more than one way. If they keep supporting the game and encourage more PVP and different kinds of PVP, this game will last.

Klyka

Banned

Doesn't Destiny have like.....3 guns that everyone should have/use now?

It's been a couple months since I played.

Like 90% of all exotics were always "huh, neat" and then never used for actual min/maxing

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Joy of being a millionaire lol. Buy loads of blue mods from the vendor, break down to eletronics and construct them into high ends.

Total of probably 5 hours farming Whopper-no-pickles and still no Cad :(. I NEED it for my skill build but having the worst luck even with 120+ scavenging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom