• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Bored of killing BK for the 600th time.

Still need just 3 DZ related trophies for the platinum.

Anyone who needs the rogues trophy (or trophies in my case) interested in farming rogue kills off one another on PS4?

Gonna be using my alt.

I would trade rogue kills with you Nami but I'm not gonna be playing until tonight, and my alt is only lvl 6.

Can I join someone else's lvl 10 DZ as a lvl 6?

5 hours is nothing lol. I'm probably double that now. Chance for drop is tiny.

I have almost 160 scavenging, and it took me several, multiple-hour days to get the douche.

Man...would love some sort of trading system. I got one to drop 20 minutes into farming. I'm not going for a skill build so it went right into my Stash, lol.

What are you using? dayum.

Finally got it to drop! Came back to him after some DZ with buddies... Dropped on his first death lol!

Sop I guess I'm in need of some advice.
I've hit 30, done all missions, side missions, encounters.

I know about the BK run.

Now that the gamr has just started, what am I looking to do now?
How do I know what weapon to go for in terms of whats the best?

Is there a site that lists this stuff or is it just a case of RNG?

holygeesus

Banned
I keep failing the support the JTF mission because my team keeps dying and I'm the last man standing. Is it best to just equip heal or is building barriers the way forward?

ODDI

I'm here in a session doing BK by myself anyone want in... err add me or whatever.

PSN. ZAKKIDO

Edit. I'm full now.

Geez looking forward to new content dropping. From convos I have been having with people the game feels dry for a lot of people. The race to being end game ready only to realize that the end game was to get the gear wasn't what people were expecting. Still, 2 free content drops this year plus DLC should help. Moral of the story, do not rush haha--I still am like 25% through with The Witcher 3. I need to go back to that game and enjoy the story.

For me it wasn't necessarily a race to the end game as much as the game itself is a blast to play. Not to say that we don't need some new content already, just that I never felt like I was racing against anyone or any thing. The game is just really fun imo.

Klyka

Banned
Geez looking forward to new content dropping. From convos I have been having with people the game feels dry for a lot of people. The race to being end game ready only to realize that the end game was to get the gear wasn't what people were expecting. Still, 2 free content drops this year plus DLC should help. Moral of the story, do not rush haha--I still am like 25% through with The Witcher 3. I need to go back to that game and enjoy the story.

This right here.

For some reason everyone wanted to be completely maxed out as fast as possible so they could....could....well why?

It's like people thought there was some magic thing like 3 days after launch that would require you to be fully decked out.

Turns out, there isn't.

And who knows if the first incursion will be the same? It might just be a step up from challenge modes, which the usual 5% already have on farm.

Salez

Neo Member
Sure. PSN is namikaze1.

Away from the PS4 right now but I'll accept the friend request once I get back.

I could join as well if that's ok with you guys. Just a few rogue kills away from plat trophy and can't seem to find any on my lvl 30 character.

PSN. Salezorro

Liamc723

So the Incursion on the map screen says we need to have a recommended gear score of 150, but is there any way of seeing our own score at the moment?

I don't think I've seen it anywhere in the UI.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I assume it doesn't matter what level you do sidequests at for the blueprints you get as a reward, they will always the same general level as the area they are in?

Namikaze1

I could join as well if that's ok with you guys. Just a few rogue kills away from plat trophy and can't seem to find any on my lvl 30 character.

PSN. Salezorro
Alright. I'm gonna be AFK till Sushi is ready. Once he is, I'll make a party chat for the four of us. Till then, I'll be finishing Daredevil.

FeD.nL

Well there is also the point where (powerful) unoptimized gear gets the job done in CM. Like I see loads of people decked out in HE gear but don't even bother to activate their talents. The content that's in the game currently doesn't really challenge players to optimize their gear. It's basically a contest who can get their DPS stat the highest. Which makes gearing pretty easy since you can just focus on firearms/stamina, thus reducing the need for actually needing to get those special drops.

I hope Massive delivers on that front, that a player is also forced to take defensive stats and not just build for max DPS to defeat encounters like bleed resists etc.

Deku Tree

Well there is also the point where (powerful) unoptimized gear gets the job done in CM. Like I see loads of people decked out in HE gear but don't even bother to activate their talents. The content that's in the game currently doesn't really challenge players to optimize their gear. It's basically a contest who can get their DPS stat the highest.

I hope Massive delivers on that front, that a player is also forced to take defensive stats and not just build for max DPS to defeat encounters like bleed resists etc.

Most of the Talents are very mediocre anyway. Slightly faster cool down of this. Slightly more of that. If you play enough and buy enough gear then everyone is gonna be "over leveled" for the current end game CM content, many already are.

So the Incursion on the map screen says we need to have a recommended gear score of 150, but is there any way of seeing our own score at the moment?

I don't think I've seen it anywhere in the UI.

No massive hasn't said anything about how they will calculate your gear score. It's probably some weighted average of your different items levels. Safe to assume that having all lvl 30 HE or better lvl 31 gear will be enough for the incursion.

I would guess that having all lvl 30 HE items will give you a gear score of 150.

I've been reading about the devs plan to change the dark zone to make it more rogue friendly and it has me worried.
I'm a solo player and the dark zone is by far where I spend the most time in the game. I love roaming around and fighting the npc enemies and extracting.
I am worried that the changes to the dark zone will make it a troll area for solo guys and will make it unplayable for players who want to go it alone like myself.
Will solo players still be able to handle the dark zone after its changed ?

Kadin

Yup.

Just out of curiousity, why are people making alts for materials?
Not necessarily materials specifically but alts can grind PC as those are account-bound. Unless you want to grind challenges, this is an easier way to get more on a daily basis.

FeD.nL

Most of the Talents are very mediocre anyway. Slightly faster cool down of this. Slightly more of that. If you play enough and buy enough gear then everyone is gonna be "over leveled" for the current end game CM content, many already are.

Yeah true. Though I really like talents like Coolheaded because it opens up builds. Like I love playing with the Caduceus for that reason even though it's far from my highest dps weapon.

Hopefully they rework some of the talents (especially on HE weapons) to make them more exciting.

Kadin

I've been reading about the devs plan to change the dark zone to make it more rogue friendly and it has me worried.
I'm a solo player and the dark zone is by far where I spend the most time in the game. I love roaming around and fighting the npc enemies and extracting.
I am worried that the changes to the dark zone will make it a troll area for solo guys and will make it unplayable for players who want to go it alone like myself.
I can only imagine it becoming worse for us solo players. I'm still a bit miffed that my core group of friends just stopped playing as this was our focus from the start. I'm not opposed to playing with fellow GAFers but I'm pretty reserved when talking with people I don't know. Always been weird like that.

Is there any way to disable the game from automatically detecting controllers? I have a flightstick, throttle and pedals plugged in and unplugging them each time I want to play is kind of a pain in the ass, since I have to get on my hands and knees and identify those usb cables and unplug them, then do the reverse when I want to use them.

Holy shit!!

I did not knon that you could throw the portable support station!! Haha

I didn't realise you could actually revive yourself by crawling right next to the support station and holding square until I was about level 18. D'oh.

I did not discover that until this afternoon lol

aXWAsam.gif

So im guessing you guys haven't seen this.......

QGJC0EO.jpg

Klyka

Banned

I don't think it will e more "rogue friendly" but instead will make going rogue a viable choice that COULD lead to rewards.

That's the important part. Going rogue should not guarantee a reward, because otherwise there is no reason not to go rogue.
Going rogue needs to have a viable reward under specific circumstances. And those circumstances need to be broadened from what we currently have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom