• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think that what the game does well it does really well, & that what flaws it has have been wildly exaggerated. well worth the price of admission :) ...

QFT.
It's a very good game. Great looking and highly atmospheric.
I like the mechanics. Against harder enemies the emphasis on better tactics and team play is good.

It has quick and easy universal matchmaking, if you want it, which is a huge, huge plus.
(Bungie, are you listening?)

The story and background info is reasonable and fleshed out enough IN GAME without being stodgy or slow.

The Dark Zone is a great idea. It leads to some fantastic gameplay moments.

Yes, there are balancing issues (particularly the slightly excessive penalties for being killed as a rogue at higher levels), but that is ALWAYS the case in games like these.
I also don't think it would hurt for them to be a bit more adventurous with the aesthetics of highend armour and guns whilst still retaining the realistic vibe.

Generally the problems are relatively small and should be easy to tweak with updates and future content drops.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Something tells me this is a slight upgrade
nym0TIJ.png

Radokat

Neo Member
So with the honeymoon period over, what do people think?

Currently making challenge missions and dailies is still fun with a fixed group - other than that there is not much left to do.

PVP for PC without harsh penalties would help.

Hope this will change with more content, but i can see in my friend list that the people are starting to play other games again (like always).

SkylineRKR

Doesn't Destiny have like.....3 guns that everyone should have/use now?

It's been a couple months since I played.

Like 90% of all exotics were always "huh, neat" and then never used for actual min/maxing

Yeah in end game content the likes of Monte Carlo, Hard Light, Remote etc were just for self made challenges. They weren't really viable otherwise. They clearly experimented, on paper the ricochet fire from HL is pretty cool but it just doesn't work.

First the VoG drops were the best, then the VoG drops were still the best. And then a vendor scout, sniper and a minigun.

QFT.
It's a very good game. Great looking and highly atmospheric.
I like the mechanics. Against harder enemies the emphasis on better tactics and team play is good.

It has quick and easy universal matchmaking, if you want it, which is a huge, huge plus.

The story and background info is reasonable and fleshed out enough IN GAME without being stodgy or slow.

The Dark Zone is a great idea. It leads to some fantastic gameplay moments.

Yes, there are balancing issues (particularly the slightly excessive penalties for being killed as a rogue at higher levels), but that is ALWAYS the case in games like these.
I also don't think it would hurt for them to be a bit more adventurous with the aesthetics of highend armour and guns whilst still retaining the realistic vibe.

Generally the problems are relatively small and should be easy to tweak with updates and future content drops.
Why the fuck does everything have to come back to Destiny? Is this some sort of dickwaving contest?

Iv been guilty of it as well, but these games in the end are very different time to let it go.

fr0st

Banned
So is a 25k skill necessary or not? What do you guys think?
Depends. Does your weapon have talents needing you to have high skill power? Do you want to play support/utility? With high skill power you van spam support stations and smart covers to benefit the whole team greatly without having to deal much damage.

JohnCYQ

Depends. Does your weapon have talents needing you to have high skill power? Do you want to play support/utility? With high skill power you van spam support stations and smart covers to benefit the whole team greatly without having to deal much damage.

With skill power roll on Backpack and Mask, and like 2 more on gear mods, I can hit 22k skill power with just 1004 Electronics. You don't need to gimp your stamina/firearms to get skill power.

Leyasu

Banned
Yes and yes. My weapon does have talents but more importantly I use the healing station that stops ammo from depleting.

Its ok, I will just wait for better gear to get my stats up.

gt86

I tried to search, I'm having an issue on xbone, I cant finish the medical wing tutorial even though I have it up to 40%, and also I can't complete a mission that tells me to return to the safe house. The subway safehouse, when I get there I see no way of finishing the mission. Any ideas?

Audioboxer

According to anecdotal research, it doesn't do a lot (that people can tell so far), so I wouldn't sweat it.

Yeah I'm used to stats like this simply increasing the chances of a drop from the loot table, not necessarily giving you a better chance at a set piece. Seeing as Burger King always drops from his loot table I'm not sure it would matter.

Why the fuck does everything have to come back to Destiny? Is this some sort of dickwaving contest?

Er, calm your tits mate.
I like Destiny (well, since they fixed a lot of stuff in TTK, anyway)

Just pointing out that The Division has definitely got some things very right that the last big, popular loot grindy shooter got quite badly wrong.

Is there some place I can find a list of the blueprints that the special weapon vendor in DZ06 is selling? I've been there once and I can't recall what was there.

I tried to search, I'm having an issue on xbone, I cant finish the medical wing tutorial even though I have it up to 40%, and also I can't complete a mission that tells me to return to the safe house. The subway safehouse, when I get there I see no way of finishing the mission. Any ideas?
Look for a locker in the subway safe house.

Er, calm your tits mate.

Just pointing out that The Division has definitely got some things very right that the last big, popular loot grindy shooter got quite badly wrong.
It's annoying after reading it for the hundredth time. Everyone gets it by now.

Leyasu

Banned
Er, calm your tits mate.

Lol. Anyway you write like an Englishman. You on xbone with this?

It's annoying after reading it for the hundredth time. Everyone gets it by now.

Well I haven't posted it a hundred times and I haven't read every post in the thread.
Someone asked what we think 'after the honeymoon period' so I posted my opinion.

Don't burst a blood vessel over it though. Put your Destiny pyjamas on, relax and have a cup of hot chocolate.

Well I haven't posted it a hundred times and I haven't read every post in the thread.
Someone asked what we think 'after the honeymoon period' so I posted my opinion.

Don't burst a blood vessel over it though. Put your Destiny pyjamas on, relax and have a cup of hot chocolate.
I'm pretty chill man. Nor did I say you did either. It wasn't really at you personally. More like in general what's up with these to communities having a go at each other? Alas the dickwaving contest.

Well I finally found out that the game does have A.I tethers. Was down a teammate in Lincoln tunnel CM and couldn't beat the rushers while protecting the diffuser so I baited them far away till they couldn't move anymore while my other two team members watched over the diffuser.

So there is definitely a matchmaking glitch that allows 8 people to be in any 4 man instance. I don't know exactly how to reproduce it, but I matchmade for todays CM, got into a group but was kicked from it while in the loading screen. When I finally loaded up there were 4 people (white) in the same instance as me at the beginning. We ran through for a bit, then I turned my group from friends only to open and the matchmaker invited 3 more people so we had 8 people in the Lincoln Tunnel CM and zerged through it quickly.

At the end the leader of the first group restarted the CM and all 8 of us teleported back to a fresh new instance and could run it again - I don't need any more pC thanks to BK farming so I gave someone else leader and left.

So yeah, something about matchmaking, kicking a person during loading screen, and maybe starting the instance/encounter before you kick allows up to 2 teams (maybe more?) for CMs...

its a raid, after all!

thanks to todays CM finally got a HE holster, while a lot of my stats suck I feel like I am ready to trade the game in. This is 100% solo / pug matchmaking, although BK farming helped a lot. Still have 700 Phoenix Credits to spend whenever I rebuy the game.

J5pNAIe.jpg

Deku Tree

I tried to MN Lexington CM three times by myself yesterday. Each time MM failed. The first time it loaded me onto the other side of the map, and I couldn't fast travel back. The second and third time it loaded me into my own instance of Lexington and my party was open but nobody was joining even after several minutes waiting. Wish I instead had been loading into an eight person instance.

Namikaze1

Bored of killing BK for the 600th time.

Still need just 3 DZ related trophies for the platinum.

Anyone who needs the rogues trophy (or trophies in my case) interested in farming rogue kills off one another on PS4?

Gonna be using my alt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom