• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading about the devs plan to change the dark zone to make it more rogue friendly and it has me worried.
I'm a solo player and the dark zone is by far where I spend the most time in the game. I love roaming around and fighting the npc enemies and extracting.
I am worried that the changes to the dark zone will make it a troll area for solo guys and will make it unplayable for players who want to go it alone like myself.
Will solo players still be able to handle the dark zone after its changed ?

The way it is now I think it is a troll area for solo guys, at least in the endgame. The only players I see that go rogue are groups that know they can gang up on solos cause they know they have a very small chance of getting killed and losing a bunch of xp.

In my opinion the DZ is only fun at low levels or with a group. Soloing the dz at lvl 30 can be a real headache.

DryvBy

You guys worrying about the DZ and people being dicks can purchase this DLC.

Bf9bYn5.jpg

/s

Awesome! lol

Kadin

The way it is now I think it is a troll area for solo guys, at least in the endgame. The only players I see that go rogue are groups that know they can gang up on solos cause they know they have a very small chance of getting killed and losing a bunch of xp.

In my opinion the DZ is only fun at low levels or with a group. Soloing the dz at lvl 30 can be a real headache.
I completely agree. I set aside leveling in there until I got to 30 and yeah that wasn't the smartest choice I think. I'm level 17 now and I've run into quite a bit of what you described. Any time I get taken down it's always by a group of players who use their greater size against me. I don't blame them, I'd probably do the same thing if I was in their position. But I keep trying to get a bit of XP here and there...

I can only imagine it becoming worse for us solo players. I'm still a bit miffed that my core group of friends just stopped playing as this was our focus from the start. I'm not opposed to playing with fellow GAFers but I'm pretty reserved when talking with people I don't know. Always been weird like that.

I dont care if they make it a little more rogue friendly as long as it is still playable solo. Just dont want to harrassed by rogues every 10-20 feet like the betas.
This game is, along with Bloodborne, by far my favorite of this generation and I will be pissed if it turns into a troll fest like the beta.
I dont think thats what the devs intend but I'm still worried.

Well there is also the point where (powerful) unoptimized gear gets the job done in CM. Like I see loads of people decked out in HE gear but don't even bother to activate their talents. The content that's in the game currently doesn't really challenge players to optimize their gear. It's basically a contest who can get their DPS stat the highest. Which makes gearing pretty easy since you can just focus on firearms/stamina, thus reducing the need for actually needing to get those special drops.

I hope Massive delivers on that front, that a player is also forced to take defensive stats and not just build for max DPS to defeat encounters like bleed resists etc.

The issue with this is as follows. Yellow loot is so rare that optimizing for anything like resistance gear is going to be damn near impossible. Back in the day when we ran Molton Core and needed fire resist, or Sapherrion and needed cold resist you knew where to get it and worked towards that. Right now there is no way of saying ok I'm gonna farm a bleed resistance chest. You would have to do challenge modes and pray to the gods of rng that eventually a chest drops. It has decent talents (read decent) stats that don't skew in any way plus bleed resistance. Even if you are smashing CMs in 16 minutes you may never see that chest. If they are going to do encounters that need resistance gear they better up the drop rate a hell of a lot or we will end up with a TBC issues where less than 4‰ of your player base ever even sees endgame

Kadin

Ahh okay that makes a lot of sense.
Yeah and since all your gear isn't bound to your character, as soon as you get your alt to 30, you can literally take all the other characters gear and have an exact duplicate via your stash.

Just hit lvl 30, but why is there still a cap to reach of 415k exp? What happens when I reach that?
You'll stop 1xp short of leveling to 31. Similar design in other games with level caps like this.

AHA-Lambda

I completely agree. I set aside leveling in there until I got to 30 and yeah that wasn't the smartest choice I think. I'm level 17 now and I've run into quite a bit of what you described. Any time I get taken down it's always by a group of players who use their greater size against me. I don't blame them, I'd probably do the same thing if I was in their position. But I keep trying to get a bit of XP here and there...

I have only been killed by rogues in groups a handful of times since the game launched. In fact I came across a group of rogues at an extraction point yesterday. They saw me but didnt attack. It seemed to be worse in the first few days the game was out.

Dave1988

Just outside the boss area in today's challenge mode. 3 spots as the PUG I was in disbanded. Who wants some (relatively) quick PC? PSN is Dave1988.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Wait can you please explain this? Im pretty new but what mods and what kind of blueprints do you get?! Thanks!

When you get things and deconstruct you get things like electronics. If you buy loads of purple mods then deconstruct it will give 2 electronics for each one. You can use these blue electronics to make a yellow one which can then be used to make yellow (high end) blueprints.
It will cost quite a bit but if you don't have anything to buy and can't be assed to farm around the city its a quick thing to do.

I think they fucked up and went rogue and then my one buddy killed one, so they had to commit to it

I think one threw a sticky bomb at us while we were grouped together grabbing some drops. Probably thought they could catch us off guard after we killed those elites.

Frenden

Banned
I find the Vector DPS builds kind of a false prophet. That optimal Vector DPS is within such a small effective range.

I'm running a BM AK with 25% extra crit damage and the shield chewing perks and it's a way more consistent gun.

My AK is 140k DPS and my Vector is 180k and I'd take the AK all day long.

Currently sitting at 140k DPS, 85K HP, and 20k SP.

I've been running smart cover and health station with skill cooldowns for CMs. Get a couple people running that and shotgun rushers are waaaay less of a problem. 60k+ health helps too.

Grisby

I kind of gave up on it. I hit 31 and just didn't feel the need to keep going.

The incremental xp gain versus the loss upon a death just didn't feel great.

FeD.nL

The issue with this is as follows. Yellow loot is so rare that optimizing for anything like resistance gear is going to be damn near impossible. Back in the day when we ran Molton Core and needed fire resist, or Sapherrion and needed cold resist you knew where to get it and worked towards that. Right now there is no way of saying ok I'm gonna farm a bleed resistance chest. You would have to do challenge modes and pray to the gods of rng that eventually a chest drops. It has decent talents (read decent) stats that don't skew in any way plus bleed resistance. Even if you are smashing CMs in 16 minutes you may never see that chest. If they are going to do encounters that need resistance gear they better up the drop rate a hell of a lot or we will end up with a TBC issues where less than 4‰ of your player base ever even sees endgame

I 100% agree. Sorry, I posted the resist example as an example, my bad. I agree that having to farm for resist gear would be a pretty boring and frustrating gaming experience.

I just wanted to point out that there really isn't any incentive to go for defensive stats (beyond stamina) at the moment. I was just looking at my stats and I have 138% bleed resist for example which is basically useless, or health on kill (though I think that one should be changed to health on damage) or anything else. Like those stats just don't really are meaningless at the moment.

Klyka

Banned
I 100% agree. Sorry, I posted the resist example as an example, my bad. I agree that having to farm for resist gear would be a pretty boring and frustrating gaming experience.

I just wanted to point out that there really isn't any incentive to go for defensive stats (beyond stamina) at the moment. I was just looking at my stats and I have 138% bleed resist for example which is basically useless, or health on kill (though I think that one should be changed to health on damage) or anything else. Like those stats just don't really are meaningless at the moment.

There is already a health on crit

Spayro

What's up with the Dark Zone feeling so empty compared to the beta? I used to see people run around all the time, now it's just NPC's.

Anyway, I'm playing on Xbox as TravisPickles, if anyone wants to do some dark zoning together, that would be great as I don't know anybody who plays this game.

Deku Tree

Wow I really like my HE packman AR LMG that I bought. I like it better than my Cad and my Black Market AK-47. It supposedly has less DPS than both but it has a 90 mag clip and I feel like it kills yellow bars much faster with the bonus elite damage perk.

What's up with the Dark Zone feeling so empty compared to the beta? I used to see people run around all the time, now it's just NPC's.

Anyway, I'm playing on Xbox as TravisPickles, if anyone wants to do some dark zoning together, that would be great as I don't know anybody who plays this game.
Same number of players in 5 different zones where it used to be just one I think

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Only thing I'm happy about extracting from the DZ is white clothes lol.

Anyone found white pants in the DZ?

Deku Tree

I feel like I've hit a wall where the main things I need to do to increase my DPS are to (1) wait for more blueprints from the BoO vendor that he may not sell and (2) re-roll my gear for crit hit chance and crit damage percentage and (3) make a few HE weapons from blueprints hoping for a really good roll. I haven't re-rolled at all, or made any dups from blueprints.

Frenden

Banned
Wow I really like my HE pakhan AR that I bought. I like it better than my Cad and my Black Market AK-47. It supposedly has less DPS than both but it has a 90 mag clip and I feel like it kills yellow bars much faster with the bonus elite damage perk.

Sing it, dude. Until I got a BM AK with the armor perk, Pakhan was my go-to. It's legit AF.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Wow I really like my HE pakhan AR that I bought. I like it better than my Cad and my Black Market AK-47. It supposedly has less DPS than both but it has a 90 mag clip and I feel like it kills yellow bars much faster with the bonus elite damage perk.

The pakan is a LMG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom