• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there any kind of gear guide out there i could check out

which of the 3 stats do i want to maximize between health dos and skill power? is skill power important?

where do i get that Pakhan gun or whatever from

gear is confusing to me.. i keep going by the far left numerical value like destiny light level but i don't know if thats the best idea

T.O.P

Banned
...wat

tomclancysthedivision2zpj5.jpg

That's the base door

WAT

jaaz

I've been taking my time, so still only level 26. The best "feeling" gun combination I've tried so far is a lightweiight M4 with a hunting M44. I hope I can buy or earn at least purple versions of these two weapons when get to 30.

noomi

Decided to go into the DZ alone just for shits, there were 2 rogue agents killing everyone!

Lost about 20K dz creds, 6 keys, and dropped a rank and a half :(

That sucks....

Arun1910

Decided to go into the DZ alone just for shits, there were 2 rogue agents killing everyone!

That sucks....

That is why I'm avoiding the DZ until its rebalanced. Someone on reddit worked out how much % you lose of XP depending on your level, and that % that you lose is taken from ALL your Dark Zone XP, not just the XP for whatever level you are on. It's how people drop from level 58 to 54 or lower if they are Rogue and die.

Which is why you dont see many Rogues. Hell, even just dying in the DZ by AI is pretty punishing.

theWB27

I just farmed bk for a good 30 minutes. Picked up so much good stuff. Sawed off shotty with 30k damage and it's a sidearm!

A regular shotty with 33k damage. A bunch of good armor. I mean, I started with a chest piece that had 250 armor and ended with one that has over 500. Health shot up a good 20k points.

Some crazy good clips. Feels real good.

Mikeside

just did my first daily challenging mission

there was some kind of bug, so about 20 of us ended up going through it together

I had no idea that wasn't just how it works, but it absolutely should be, it was crazy intense

noomi

just did my first daily challenging mission

there was some kind of bug, so about 20 of us ended up going through it together

I had no idea that wasn't just how it works, but it absolutely should be, it was crazy intense

This is the type of glitch i want to happen to my group

Is it just me or is there no real huge advantage in legendary or high end gear? I mean yea it may have an extra skill but often I find it's garbage and to roll it cost 30 phoenix credits where as legendary it's way cheaper in cash. I'm just having a hard time sticking to high end gear cause I keep finding legendary gear that actually helps more...

You're always at the mercy of the RNG god, but HE's have higher top end for stats as well as talents. Item level also needs to be taken into consideration as well.

But basically, a perfectly rolled HE will always be better than a perfectly rolled purple because it will be higher everything and have the talent. But, with randomness in loot you can very easily get a better purple than HE as well, especially when you factor in playstyle.

"I collected all the side crap in The Division and all I got was this lousy jacket."

Actually still need the two Hell's Kitchen Echoes a lot of people seem to have trouble picking up.

That sucks....

I've gone down in rank once and it sucked. Hate losing DZ keys. The last few trips to the DZ though there has barely been anyone. But they like comin' out the woodwork the moment you start an extraction. :p

TheYanger

I just got real lucky playing right now. The voice audio won't play anymore. Makes playing so much more relaxing.

I had that last night. it didn't last, eventually ALL of the voice I hadn't heard for like, idk 3 hours, played in a row and Icouldn't stop it. It was kind of awful.

Olengie

I have better luck in getting loot in The Division than Destiny. Plus. No limit to how many high ends we can equip. xD

3/4 of the time in Destiny, I only get Materials. smh.

Mob

Didn't enjoy hunting all those collectibles down but dammit I wanted to platinum this game.

And I did! :D

Thanks, Sushi, Math, Kmob, and salezorro, for the rogue kills and extraction zone stuff.

Congrats! :D

And thanks for helping me get a bit closer to plat too.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

That sucks....

Yeah risky to go alone. Spyder and I were teaching rogues some lessons earlier but if I was solo I woulda been wrecked. But I'm up to rank 40. Only 10 to go.

I had that last night. it didn't last, eventually ALL of the voice I hadn't heard for like, idk 3 hours, played in a row and Icouldn't stop it. It was kind of awful.

If your sound goes out, restart the game. You're gonna crash eventually.

Yeah risky to go alone. Spyder and I were teaching rogues some lessons earlier but if I was solo I woulda been wrecked. But I'm up to rank 40. Only 10 to go.

How much does it take you to rank up in the dark zone as of now?

spyder_ur

It's kind of tough to take down rogues solo because of all the healing abilities. Those need to be tweaked for any sort of competitive PvP.

That was fun - thanks for hanging around til my extraction.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Finally got myself a nice white/light grey'ish jacket, the "modern leather jacket"

Probably the only white jacket I like as I find most of them too big and puffy on a female character.

It's also a real shame there isn't more missions more vertically in the game, I know I haven't gotten far and have a 3rd of the map left of main missions, but I thought I might be battling bad guys up a sky scraper by now or something.

Was helping 3 friends level up in the DZ and we got wiped out twice by a huge group. Is there a limit to a group? There were like 8 of them and they all went rogue when they shot at us. Super shitty considering they waited for use to clear out waves of yellow health bar guys both times. They also camped outside the DZ checkpoint just to troll us I guess.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It's kind of tough to take down rogues solo because of all the healing abilities. Those need to be tweaked for any sort of competitive PvP.

That was fun - thanks for hanging around til my extraction.

Gf was bitching about how we had to leave and I just kept saying, "I have to help him extract first." Haha. She wasn't hearing it.

Was helping 3 friends level up in the DZ and we got wiped out twice by a huge group. Is there a limit to a group? There were like 8 of them and they all went rouge when they shot at us. Super shitty considering they waited for use to clear out waves of yellow health bar guys both times. They also camped outside the DZ checkpoint just to troll us I guess.

Could have been two groups working together. Four is the max party size in the game.

So to me the real end game is to get to level 50 DZ with the best gear, and then make an alt and get him to regular level 30 to just enjoy pure PVP in the DZ.

Imagine seeing a random group of 3 players, joining them. You all go to extract and another team is there. You just start shooting everyone and the whole team is forced to fight. Lovely.

Was helping 3 friends level up in the DZ and we got wiped out twice by a huge group. Is there a limit to a group? There were like 8 of them and they all went rouge when they shot at us. Super shitty considering they waited for use to clear out waves of yellow health bar guys both times. They also camped outside the DZ checkpoint just to troll us I guess.
There is a "limit" however if player X and Y person go into the dark zone, player Y can leave the group and still remain in that same dark zone as player X. Allowing player Z, A, B, etc to join either player X or player Y in that same dark zone. Thus you can have a larger group of players instead of the 4 player group.

Iceman829

Walk into the DZ with a party. 1 player leaves the group. He invites other people. You invite your 4th. Super squad activate. It's a little tricky to get everyone in during a busy time of day though. Matchmaking will often bump the teams out when the lobby fills up and a player joins in

Just hit level 30 with all purple gear.

Can someone explain the "daily" missions to me? Do you select the difficulty you want (hard vs challenging)? Are they worth soloing or should I try to matchmake?

Wondering what I should focus on after I clean up all of the leftover intels/encounters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom