• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentok

Banned
How is the AUG? I loved my purple one before I upgraded to the HE Vector.

I love the AUG, have been maining one since level 18 (am now level 30). It does more damage than most ARs I've seen and is easy to control.

EDIT: I killed BK a while ago....so I'll be farming elsewhere when the time comes I guess

Hm, just wanted to try out the BK exploit but found out he ain't there.
Is it over for me or does he spawn in random intervals?

If you kill a named enemy and all his minions, he won't respawn. So when you're farming, you have to let his minions go. I believe if he won't respawn for you you can "get him back" by joining a friend's world. Haven't done it myself, though.

Heads up for everyone that's not seeing BK show up. You either killed him and his gang or didn't do one of the side missions to gets him to pop up.

Hm, just wanted to try out the BK exploit but found out he ain't there.
Is it over for me or does he spawn in random intervals?
Do check if you still have the Side Mission: Winter Supply Drop within that area. It's a light blue side missions on the left of the Autumn safe house.

If you still have it then the BK gang isn't going to show up until you complete it.

Do the side mission and then BK will start to pop up when you head back to the area.

Bizazedo

Whoever at Massive was responsible for endgame calculations in regards to currencies ... I'd love to chat at them and figure out their thought process, because it doesn't seem to make sense.

At all.

Try the Garment District fumes boss instead. It's a bit longer than BK but it's better than nothing I guess.

Or you can join a party whith an active BK.

If you kill a named enemy and all his minions, he won't respawn. So when you're farming, you have to let his minions go. I believe if he won't respawn for you you can "get him back" by joining a friend's world. Haven't done it myself, though.

Heads up for everyone that's not seeing BK show up. You either killed him and his gang or didn't do one of the side missions to gets him to pop up.

Do check if you still have the Side Mission: Winter Supply Drop within that area. It's a light blue side missions on the left of the Autumn safe house.

If you still have it then the BK gang isn't going to show up until you complete it.

Do the side mission and then BK will start to pop up when you head back to the area.

Thx for the tips guys!

Kabouter

Has anyone experienced a bug where you activate and collect an echo but the market remains in the map?

Yes, once. Worse though, I also have a bug on a different echo where I can't reactivate an echo (part of one of those sidemissions) and I didn't collect it the first time and can't now. Have all the other intel pieces except for that one :/

tick221

Has anyone experienced a bug where you activate and collect an echo but the market remains in the map?

Yeah I had 3 of them that wouldn't clear. They seem to be additional ones that don't count towards the intel total, I was able to complete the total earlier today

Arrrammis

For everyone who killed bullet king permanently, there's a similar run to the west that some folks at Reddit found:
Y8DZ0DY.jpg
Straight to the point, here's an image with the route and steps:
http://i.imgur.com/Y8DZ0DY.jpg
So, the biggest tip I can give you when doing this (and I'm sure it's been brought up before), is that you don't need to let the mobs kill you to reset the encounter.
We first found that running back to the safehouse for the original method (with Bullet King) would reset the mission, so we got to avoid the respawn loading screen.
After more testing on this boss encounter, we found that you just need to pass into a different territory to reset the encounter.

For those at work who can't see my image (it's just an imgur link), here's the steps I typed up:
Get to the North border of Hudson Yards, where Hell's Kitchen starts.
Run straight South down the street to where the orange circle is on the map to the left.
There is a named boss "Erksine"and 2 cronies. [Note: Don't kill both cronies and the boss, or this farm is toast]
Kill Erksine (I typically stop at the police car and snipe him twice as he runs up to me) and he will drop 2 Superior drops and some Phoenix credits. I've also had two 'Caduceus' drop while farming this (High End Weapon).
Now that you've killed him (I also wait to pick stuff up until I've done it 3-5 times, to speed the run up), run back north and make sure that you cross into Hell's Kitchen territory (the text background should turn orange to indicate that).
This resets the encounter. Rinse and Repeat to farm your Phoenix Credits and crafting materials!
Note 1: There is a bonus citizen in need, so you can build up your wardrobe too!
Note 2: I run Healing Station +Ammo Cache so I don't need to hit the safe house. Seeker Mine +Gas Charge lets you get in and out to pick up loot without worrying about taking hits from the cronies.

A couple of pros and cons vs the original route:
CONS:
This one takes longer to run, length-wise
There's only 2 other bad guys. Keep your aim on point and don't shoot the cleaners pack or you could end this encounter by accident
PROS:
This one may be available if you don't have Bullet King available (kind of a big pro is actually being able to do it).
There is only 2 other bad guys, and 2 of the 3 have axes, so you can mindlessly do this without getting shot
It's a straight line, and as mentioned, it's only 2 other guys, and 1 guy with a gun to worry about. I've been farming this while watching Netflix for a few hours. No headset needed. Minimal effort needed to "pay attention" to the game.

This route seems to work well, you don't have to worry about dying before you can kill the named guy. I'll have to see if increasing the draw distance on PC makes the distance you need to walk even shorter, this could potentially be quicker than BK. The boss is a rusher (lightning bolt) type enemy, which means he has very little hp (I think about 150k, I one-shotted him with a 160k M1A headshot).

Yes, once. Worse though, I also have a bug on a different echo where I can't reactivate an echo (part of one of those sidemissions) and I didn't collect it the first time and can't now. Have all the other intel pieces except for that one :/
Is it by any chance in Camp Hudson?

Mentok

Banned

Honestly, I think this is such a stupid design choice.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
The easiest one for me since bk was spawning was the The Cavern safe house route. Go left from the exit, up two ladders, left on the side door before the ladder that goes up to the street. You will see a group of cleaners with te boss. Flashbang, kill the boss, die, repeat.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Best Dark Zone lvl 32 session yet. So much fun at the end we were in stitches just laughing at the computer trying to destroy us from all ends.

90 minutes with a PUG doing challenge mode. Kicked as boss dies. Never using matchmaking again. How is that even a fucking a thing? Why is that ever an option in any game?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Appearance vendor just seems to be recycling through the same weapon camo's as last week, these last three days worth I've already bought, how annoying. Doesn't help that they take up space too.

Proxy

This mission really highlights how terrible the UX can be. Trying to active these things and having to position the camera in the exact right location to get the prompt to even show up is one of the most frustrating things I've ever experienced.

Gold_Loot

This mission really highlights how terrible the UX can be. Trying to active these things and having to position the camera in the exact right location to get the prompt to even show up is one of the most frustrating things I've ever experienced.
Use the Dpad to cycle through close mission icons on the map.

Animator

The worst thing in this game is how in the heat of the battle you try to hit the v key on the keyboard to use a medkit but you end up hitting b which brings up the UI menu you have to hit esc twice to back out and into the game and by then it's too late and you are dead.

BraXzy

I have all the HE blueprints I wanted from the Special Gear vendor. I just need to wait for this DZ bug to stop being a thing and then get the blueprints from the DZ06 guys.

J-Rzez

After playing both, I find the BMAK to be better than the vector for PVE, but the vector better in PVP, though the BMAK can have the advantage in PVP at times due to range dmg drop and ranged accuracy.

I have to admit I'm really bummed out the plans didn't rotate when they were supposed to.

Started a second character last night for DZ shenanigans whenever I get him to 30. Just hoping massive don't come in and nerf the idea somehow now. Can't see why they would as the DZ really needs people willing to go rogue to keep it interesting.

pots555

Finally put some real time in the Dark Zone (I'm level 16 right now), went in solo and found some very helpful players. Great fun but I did not get a lot of good stuff but I did kill my first rogue agent. I think 15 players were gunning for him. Must be intense when you go that route.

mosdl

I love the AUG, have been maining one since level 18 (am now level 30). It does more damage than most ARs I've seen and is easy to control.

EDIT: I killed BK a while ago....so I'll be farming elsewhere when the time comes I guess

Just match make for Times square, most of the groups are farming BK.

valkyre

Am I the only one who finds the material crafting completely pointless and annoying?

First of what is the point of having 3 different classes of materials (green,blue,yellow)?? Seriously just why?

There should be only one color, there is no need to have 3... and just play around with the amount needed for each item class. It literally wont change a thing. For example have a green item cost like 1 weapon part, have a blue item cost 3 weapon parts, a purple 7 and a yellow 15. Or something like that.

Why put me through the process of crafting and crafting and crafting? Its literally a waste of time.

Let alone the fact that the crafting itself is an annoyingly slow process. Why should i craft only 1 material each time, then press circle twice(!) just to craft one more...

I just spent like 15 minutes crafting materials... annoying and pointless...

BraXzy

Are DZ06 vendors asking for Phoenix Credits too? Do I need to keep saving them?

Also, does their stock change or are the blueprints permanent? Is there a screenshot/list of it all?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Been awhile since I've been in this thread. Anyone mind explaining to me what this BK thing is and how to do it?

High-End boss who can respawn everytime near a safe house and will drop purples and rarely a yellow. Good for getting gear you might need or stuff to sell.

Follow these guides.

Bullet King - Near Autumn´s Hope in Times Square
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84NWqDderXQ&hd=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d27Gz6jT1s&hd=1 (even faster, but harder)

If you see him only kill him. Killing two others is ok.
If you kill all 4 he will not respawn.
If you can't see him then you already killed him and need to join someone who has him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom