• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson comments on being in second wave for PlayStation ports.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
Plotting The Simpsons GIF

Last edited:

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
I mean... there is not really that many worthwhile games they can port now.

between the usual suspects I would say Starfield could generate the most drama.

Halo is dead and Gears is stagnant (coming to PS5 would feel like a second wind)

Forza H and Flight Sim (are the only quality games Xbox has left)

Fahdis

Halo is dead and Gears is stagnant (coming to PS5 would feel like a second wind)

It's not as doom and gloom Sausage boy. Outside of Astrobot, Sony also has tumbleweeds.

Ozriel

M$FT

You’re insinuating that the entire Xbox first party setup will cease making games this year?

Stack that right next to your ‘Gamepass dies in 2024’ prediction.

rm082e

I think Starfield, MCC, Forza Horizon, and a Gears Trilogy remake are the only titles that really make much sense. Halo Infinite and Gears 5 seem like they're past the point where it would be worth porting.

I would guess new stuff will come, but not day-and-date yet.

DJ12

truth bomb GIF by bjorn

Think some people struggle with reading.

I agree there is absolutely nothing ms currently have available that would make me buy something.

If I didn't already own it for pc I'd dabble with fh5. Nothing else gets tye juices flowing currently.

Not really sure what I’d want of theirs beyond Halo and Gears. But Starfield and Hellblade I’d consider.

Actually, I’d be down for Sunset Overdrive.

There are plenty of worthwhile games to port...

Halo MCC, Halo Infinite, Halo Wars 1/2, Gears of War Ultimate, Gears 4/5, Forza Horizon 5 (I would love 3/4 which are both much better games, but they aren't going to renew all those licenses on games they've already removed or will remove from their own marketplace just to get PS sales), Killer Instinct, MSFS, Starfield (hated more then it probably needs to be), and Hellblade 2. Plus you could easily get a Gears Collection going which would sell a ton across all platforms.

People like to pretend that Xbox One and the Series consoles have absolutely no worthwhile games but it's false. Sure, there aren't any TLOU2, God of War, or Ghost but it doesn't mean they didn't release games that would be worthwhile to port.

I would be day 1 full price on MCC and a Gears Collection and I'm sure millions of others would be as well.

StereoVsn

I can see Starfield and Forza Horizon selling decently well on PS5. Flight Sim is an amazing game but it is somewhat niche so sales to the audience will be there, as long as expectations are in check.

Nydius

People like to pretend that Xbox One and the Series consoles have absolutely no worthwhile games but it's false.
*Counts how many times you listed Halo and Gears individually in your list to make it seem more substantial rather than listing them as one series…*

So the only games they have worthwhile to port are Halo, Gears, Forza, and Starfield. 🤣 I love how completely abandoned games like Killer Instinct always get brought up in these laughable lists. Might as well add Rise Son of Rome, ReCore, and Sunset Overdrive to really pad out that list of delusion.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Am I missing something? I dont see anything saying PlayStation?

Also… that was 6 years ago… my god…

There's no platform mentioned in the trailer at all, it was before Zenimax even got acquired.

They didn't want to put platforms on it cause they don't know if it's even coming this generation lol.

Trogdor1123

There's no platform mentioned in the trailer at all, it was before Zenimax even got acquired.

They didn't want to put platforms on it cause they don't know if it's even coming this generation lol.
I hope you are right. I’ll probably just buy it on pc. My first elder scrolls on pc!

pasterpl

I can see Forza `horizon 5 and flight sim, maybe AOE. Sea of thieves did/is doing really well on PlayStation so it is extra £££ for MS with each release if the game “clicks” with the audience.

yurinka

Am I missing something? I dont see anything saying PlayStation?
Xbox's CFO said when they acquired Bethesda that their plans for them wasn't to keep their games console exclusive, but instead "first, better or best on their platforms". Meaning, to keep all future Bethesda games multiplatform either day one or after a timed console exclusive.

image.png

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
jack-nicholson-jack.gif

Xbox's CFO said when they acquired Bethesda that their plans for them wasn't to keep their games console exclusive, but instead "first, better or best on their platforms". Meaning, to keep all future Bethesda games multiplatform either day one or after a timed console exclusive.

image.png
But we also learned thru trial leaks that Spencer was hemming and hawing over Elder Scrolls 6 being exclusive. This is from 2023:

"In a November 2021 interview, Spencer appeared to suggest Elder Scrolls 6 wouldn’t be available on PlayStation, when he said adopting an exclusivity strategy “is not about punishing any other platform”.

However, giving evidence in July as part of Microsoft’s legal battle with the FTC, Spencer was vague about whether he had previously made a public statement saying the game would be Xbox-only.

“[With Elder Scrolls 6], it’s so far out it’s hard to understand what the platforms will even be… We’re talking about a game that’s five-plus years away,” he said (via Axios’ Stephen Totilo).”

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I would 100% buy a Gears collection (assuming solid ports) without a second thought. Might be fun to run those early games again... and I haven't played anything after the first couple.

IFireflyl

Gold Member

image.png

Microsoft canceled PS5 versions of Redfall and Starfield immediately after the Zenimax acquisition. Anyone who takes these companies at their word is naive.

Wonko_C

Sure for the 7 people who actually have a VR2.
That would make it 8 then because it would make me insta-buy a PS5 and PSVR2.
(Before anyone asks how I played GT7VR there is a guy charging $3 per race at my nearby mall)

Arrested Development Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:
Top Bottom