• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson comments on being in second wave for PlayStation ports.

clarky

Gold Member
That would make it 8 then because it would make me insta-buy a PS5 and PSVR2.
(Before anyone asks how I played GT7VR there is a guy charging $3 per race at my nearby mall)

Arrested Development Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
Irs not even available on PC VR so looks like you'll be down the mall for the foreseeable mate.

Kerotan

Age of Mythology 2 Satnya please and you have my first every Microsoft purchase. I'll gladly add 1 more to your MAU!

Outside of that I don't really care.

yurinka

Microsoft canceled PS5 versions of Redfall and Starfield immediately after the Zenimax acquisition. Anyone who takes these companies at their word is naive.
Maybe the only thing they cancelled was to release both console versions at the same time, so left the PS5 one for a later port.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Maybe the only thing they cancelled was to release both console versions at the same time, so left the PS5 one for a later port.

Maybe Big Foot is real. Don't believe corporate propaganda. Until there is proof, assume they lied. This isn't just for Microsoft, either. The same applies to Nintendo, Sony, Apple, Google, Amazon, and every other massive corporation. Assuming they are being truthful when they all have a history of lying and being deceitful is nonsensical.

Not really sure what I’d want of theirs beyond Halo and Gears. But Starfield and Hellblade I’d consider.

Actually, I’d be down for Sunset Overdrive.

That's why I'm not so excited about this. If I wanted Xbox games I'd just get an Xbox. Even on PC I didn't play any of their games. Well Ori was fun but I'd be ok if I never played that game in my life.

Gears I'm interested in just because I do think it's some of the most fun local coop there is. So it would be nice for me and my wife to play together.

EverydayBeast

ChatGPT 0.1
360 players made the console war in the first place, they made the rules where you need gears, halo forza and as a result of that we had the later half of the PS3, and the PS4 defending themselves and brand.

yurinka

Maybe Big Foot is real. Don't believe corporate propaganda. Until there is proof, assume they lied. This isn't just for Microsoft, either
MS said these two apparently opposite things:
  • Don't plan to make Bethesda permanent exclusive games
  • Time later said Starfield, Hi-Fi Rush and Redfall are console exclusive
The only way both can be true is that they are temporal console exclusives, something we saw MS is doing with other games, including Bethesda ones like Hi-Fi Rush.

I think they partly lied when said they were exclusive and knew back then that they were going to be temporal console exclusives instead.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Xbox's CFO said when they acquired Bethesda that their plans for them wasn't to keep their games console exclusive, but instead "first, better or best on their platforms". Meaning, to keep all future Bethesda games multiplatform either day one or after a timed console exclusive.

image.png
Further leaked conversations revealed that this was a lie at that time.

I covered all that and more in my FTC mega-thread.

uZEvAIO.jpeg

Tweets have been since deleted, so I'm adding images from the backup I created:

sG4ftpO.jpg

Regarding Elder Scrolls 6 exclusivity:

Fn0rAPj.jpeg

NDK3px9.jpg

This is why it is sooooo funny for me. In their hubris, they decided to make all games exclusive and thought they were deceiving the public as well as regulators and judges. Turned out their financial situation got so much worse that they had to later release those games on PlayStation.

Frwrd

I mean... there is not really that many worthwhile games they can port now.

between the usual suspects I would say Starfield could generate the most drama.

Halo is dead and Gears is stagnant (coming to PS5 would feel like a second wind)

Forza H and Flight Sim (are the only quality games Xbox has left)
Work Yes GIF by Offline Granny!

yurinka

uZEvAIO.jpeg

sG4ftpO.jpg

Fn0rAPj.jpeg

NDK3px9.jpg

This is why it is sooooo funny for me. In their hubris, they decided to make all games exclusive and thought they were deceiving the public as well as regulators and judges. Turned out their financial situation got so much worse that they had to later release those games on PlayStation.
Yes, thay said many things that contradict with other things they said. To the point that is hard to guess what they really wanted, if their intention changed over time, if some internal conversations were thought experiments or conversations and not final decisions, etc.

But if we look at what they did instead of what they did say, these are the games they released after they completed the acquisition (Mar 9, 2021):
  • Quake Remaster (day one on PS)
  • Deathloop (PS timed console exclusive, had to honor what was signed before the acquisition)
  • Ghostwire: Tokyo (PS timed console exclusive, had to honor what was signed before the acquisition)
  • Hi-Fi Rush (XB timed console exclusive)
  • Mighty Doom (mobile only)
  • Redfall (console exclusive as of now, who knows if timed)
  • Quake II Remaster (on PS day one)
  • Starfield (console exclusive as of now, who knows if timed)
DLC/expansions/etc released after the acquisition of games released before the acquisiition:
  • Elder Scrolls Online (day one on PS)
  • Doom Eternal (day one on PS)
  • Fallout 76 (day one on PS)
I assume that sooner or later whatever they announced as XB console exclusive pretty likely will end being ported to PS some time after the original launch, with the exception of Redfall because they may consider it a huge failure and that the potential money from a PS port wouldn't be enough to save it. And in some case may even be released day one on PS depending how much they want to make their transition to going full multi.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights

uZEvAIO.jpeg

sG4ftpO.jpg

Fn0rAPj.jpeg

NDK3px9.jpg

One of the greatest threads ever created.

You were doing God's work. And that thread can really be used to reference alot of the acquisition madness.

Top Bottom