• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson - Ubisoft has Cancelled Press Previews of Assassin's Creed Shadows Until Further Notice

Flabagast

Japan always seemed like a "break glass in case of emergency" setting for Assassin's Creed because it was so obvious, but they waited too long and had their lunch eaten by Sucker Punch, and now coming off of a very successful classic styled AC they are going back to the gigantic bloated pseudo-RPG game with two radical changes that aren't sitting well with a lot of fans, completely nuking the modern day and playing as a real historical figure for the first time outside of a DLC. On top of that it's the first game in the new nebulous and slightly nefarious sounding Infinity GaaS framing .

So yeah, what should've been a slam dunk is now a gigantic uphill battle for Ubisoft.
Nuking the modern day is one of the best new addition for the franchise in the last decade lmao (is it confirmed ? I did not know)

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Ubisoft watching this after canceling press previews on that same day is just too cruel, lmao
Can just picture the ubisoft devs at the creative director..
basketball wives tossing drink GIF

YOU SAID YASUKE WOULD BE A GREAT CHARACTER, THE FANS WILL LOVE IT

Arachnid

Nuking the modern day is one of the best new addition for the franchise in the last decade lmao (is it confirmed ? I did not know)
Seriously. Modern day has never been any good in these games. If they want to do modern day, dedicate a proper game to it. Not these short 20 min sections in the main game that strip away all your abilities and unlocks.

Flabagast

Seriously. Modern day has never been any good in these games. If they want to do modern day, dedicate a proper game to it. Not these short 20 min sections in the main game that strip away all your abilities and unlocks.
100% agree, + it removes you badly from the immersion due to all the fake glitchs / animus sheninigans and the ugly SiFi-like UI and menus they put on top.

They should really remove it wholesale from all elements of the game. It was kinda fresh at the time but is now just a dead weight on the franchise

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Same, big massive black dude running around ancient Ireland killing all us wee pasty white ginger fuckers would definitely garner a stern look and a hard pass from me.. I mean, i get the whole introduce us to the world through the eyes of a foreigner angle... but fuck me, we've had japanese culture around for ages, we've all seen Shogun, we know they were badass and somewhat fucking bonkers so we didn't need any more introduction to their way of life, just give us a cool local protagonist and let us loose on Ancient Japan, how fucking hard was that to do!? You could've made the black dude a DLC ffs..

Anyways when they get around to setting an Assassins creed game in Africa, it'll be interesting to see who'll we'll play as...

It'll be as a either a huge black guy or a black girl boss butchering only wee pasty white ginger fuckers.

And you're absolutely right, Yasuke should have been a DLC protagonist. It was absolutely the wrong idea to make him a main character instead of a Japanese protagonist. But that's how these woke people think. You see the same thing in movies. If they have to choose between a male or female character, they choose the female. And when it comes to different races and ethnicities, blacks come first and Asians and whites dead last.

Fake

Gold Member
apparently no refund for japanese players. well done Ubisoft if its true
9NssTcS.jpeg

Wasn't Ubisoft saying that 'japanese posts on Twitter/Youtube are fake japanese users' making false complain?

No wonder why they are doing an investigation.

Fake

Gold Member
Now I'm confuse. Japanese folks complaining over social media are real or right wing?

New York Times in colaboration with Ubisoft aka SBI.

n8NAiTg.png

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Its a fucking video game man...People need to start putting on their big boy pants and realize there are waay bigger things in the world to take offense over...For example I was at the beach the other day and this huge fatty had the nerve to wear a bikini....That's an image I won't soon forget.
I’m praying for you brother. Those scars will never fully heal, but with god on your side you can pull through.

Now you get back to that beach and get your sexy game on.

Last edited:
What a position to be in. Can't go and remove the black man now, can you? That's racist. Personally, I'm not racist against black men, I just think it's kind of funny the woke position that Ubisoft is in. Especially now when you have Ghost of Tsushima and now Yotei being so authentic up against this turd of a game.

What a position to be in. Can't go and remove the black man now, can you? That's racist. Personally, I'm not racist against black men, I just think it's kind of funny the woke position that Ubisoft is in. Especially now when you have Ghost of Tsushima and now Yotei being so authentic up against this turd of a game.
That's the problem with trying to placate the 'progressive' whackos, sooner or later you fall into the web of bullshit you've created.

Cimarron

Ubisoft went full Sweet Baby back ribs with this one. I don’t think people would have been too upset with a Black or female character if there was 2 main characters. But to do both was just rubbing DEI on n peoples noses. I’m fine with it. Yet…

lmimmfn

Ubisoft went full Sweet Baby back ribs with this one. I don’t think people would have been too upset with a Black or female character if there was 2 main characters. But to do both was just rubbing DEI on n peoples noses. I’m fine with it. Yet…
And to make the protagonist gay lol, ffs.

kevboard

Mitchell & Webb accurately displaying, in a sketch from 15 years ago, how Ubisoft's decision makers have been handling the company for the last couple of years.

sendit

Wild. Imagine if they removed Yasuke completely as a selectable choice and made him a side character/quest. They would get back lash going that route as well. You can't please gamer's.

Wild. Imagine if they removed Yasuke completely as a selectable choice and made him a side character/quest. They would get back lash going that route as well. You can't please gamer's.
The one true path might be to make it a character creator game in 4 months or so.

Every cutscene has one way dialogue from NPCs like a scrolls game.

In reality, it is a 3 month delay in hopes that the politics cool off post election.

Portugeezer

People weren't upset due to "both", the Japanese ninja woman is fine, Yasuke however... at best, he should have been an NPC you run into a few times during the story. Then the way the whole cultural aspect has been handled seems diabolical.

Even the biggest SJW knows this; they just can't say anything (which is part of the problem as to how these situations occur and this gets greenlit)

Top Bottom