• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

Hows everyone doing lately? Unfortunatly I haven't played any more Too Human in awhile and it might be that way besides a few runs here and there between the massive storm of games coming out this fall.

I will say though that the craving to go back in is so badly there... Just trying to play other games at the moment.

Did anyone ever figure out the best places to get epic loot from or just still the conveyor run?

I played a lot this weekend, but I'm getting close to hitting the wall. I still need to do my unstoppable runs on the last three levels (hopefully my bioengineer will be my wingman for that). Not sure what I'll do beyond that - maybe finish off my epic charm (the pool of poison one) and do a little bit of epic hunting, but I don't know if I'll ever complete the full armor set. I'm surprised with how much you can power your guy up with just good weapons, armor, and runes even when you're at lvl 50. I'm dying a lot less with better equipment these days.

Glix

Man, I'm loving this game. Havent had much time recently so I'm kinda behind. Just finished the Ice Forest last night, but died a whole bunch, I'm still working out strategies and stuff.

I only died once during the whole
HOD
ordeal, so I was pretty psyched about that.

I'm a level 20 Defender, will full orange gear, except my boots, I have the blueprint, I just need the loot. I've found one level 2 charm so far, its filled with level 1 charms, but I still need to kill almost 1000 dudes with ballistics to activate it.

I'm working the right side of both trees, I really like the Human tree, I've been pumping points into that and my ruiner and my amazing spider.

I only have one point on sentinent weapon, but it was a HUGE help on
HOD
once all the
platforms were destroyed and he was on the ground.
Am I crazy,
or can he only be hit with guns and not melee?

Anyway, totally loving the game, and I'm not sure if that guy was really Cliffy B, but he was spot on in his review.

Cornballer said:
I played a lot this weekend, but I'm getting close to hitting the wall. I still need to do my unstoppable runs on the last three levels (hopefully my bioengineer will be my wingman for that). Not sure what I'll do beyond that - maybe finish off my epic charm (the pool of poison one) and do a little bit of epic hunting, but I don't know if I'll ever complete the full armor set. I'm surprised with how much you can power your guy up with just good weapons, armor, and runes even when you're at lvl 50. I'm dying a lot less with better equipment these days.

Well its good to know that even when you hit 50 you can get great equipment that makes the enemies easier to deal with. This will be a game I put in and play every few weeks or so just to try and get more loot or level up another character. So the replay value is definetly there for me... its just the game was released right before the shit storm of releases.

Glad Too Human is in my collection though. One day I'll get an epic set. One day.

The End

you can totally hit him with melee attacks, I took him apart with my lvl 21 cyber champion, but he does have some sort of knockback attack that does a bit of damage

basically slide->finisher->roll away killed him in under 5 minutes

also, that's some pretty serious gear, I've only got 2 reds... ( helmet + rifle)

TomServo

Cornballer said:
I played a lot this weekend, but I'm getting close to hitting the wall.

Same here. I've got a little more to play on my 50 champion, then I'll probably take the other four classes to level 10 for the achievement and to figure out which class I want to use on my human run. Chances are it'll be a defender, nothing pisses me off more than getting knocked down.

I thought about taking my used copy back to GameStop for a refund, but I can see putting the game in once in a while for a quick run. It definately is a unique experience.

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Glad Too Human is in my collection though. One day I'll get an epic set. One day.

$5 says the Marketplace tab in the weapon and armor stores will have level 50 set items... for 100MS points each.

The End

I'm really hoping we see more character classes...

I'd pay 800 points for a pack of 3, let's say, each with their own class-specific loot

FrankT

Just got 6/7 on my armor set. My boots dropped off Grendel. So far that is 2 for Grendel, 2 for Hel and 1 for Hod. Can't recall atm where I had my swords drop, but they pop up on the store from time to time as well. Just one piece left that being pants.

Glix

The End said:
you can totally hit him with melee attacks, I took him apart with my lvl 21 cyber champion, but he does have some sort of knockback attack that does a bit of damage

basically slide->finisher->roll away killed him in under 5 minutes

also, that's some pretty serious gear, I've only got 2 reds... ( helmet + rifle)

It was weird for me, maybe it was buggy or something. Like, I could target him with my guns, but if I tried to melee him, the green circle wouldn't appear underneath him, and I would never slide to him (even if I was really really close). It was really odd, luckily, sentinent weapon WRECKED him, big time.

Someone much earlier in this thread, advised that I don't open the obelisks in the main cyberspace in Aesir yet, I should wait until I'm level 50, so high level gear drops. Is this good advice?

Chrange said:
You can do it in the first area of Helheim. Blow up the thing that triggers the cutscene first - then just juggle the first guy you see into the air and pump bullets/plasma into them until they're dead. Should be at 10, maybe more. Do it again and again until you're at 50 and then go to town. If you're careful about where you kill the last one, you can roll to where the next ones are spawning without losing your hit count.

Once you get the idea down, you can bloat your hit count anywhere.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I will just have to use a lower rifle since my epic plasma rifle takes out around 2-4 enemies at once with a few shots so it's hard to get a high combo going before running out of enemies. I will play nothing but Helheim today, I have to complete this charm to unlock my epic.

Stantron

So I've clocked just under 70 hours into my Defender... and still no epic armor. Last night, I created a one man co-op game with a private empty slot, and just played the Hall of Heroes by myself so that there were more enemies. I kept my Combo Meter at 4 the entire time, constantly got multiple high hit combos, did all the wells/secret rooms, and did not die, loot drop 15% runes... not a single red drop. I then played through Helheim, same result (although I died five times). WTF! In my opinion, this game is too stingy with it's red drops. If they dropped more often, I would be less frustrated and more motivated to play more, maybe even try to get 7 piece armors for other classes after I finish my Defender. But knowing how hard it will be for just my Defender, I doubt I will put the same effort again.

BTW, I've only gotten two red runes to drop on ~20 conveyor belt runs (half of which were one man co-op). For the people who have had success, what is your total death count? Mine is over a hundred, and I wonder if that might somehow factor into loot drop probability. :(

Glix

Stantron said:
So I've clocked just under 70 hours into my Defender... and still no epic armor. Last night, I created a one man co-op game with a private empty slot, and just played the Hall of Heroes by myself so that there were more enemies. I kept my Combo Meter at 4 the entire time, constantly got multiple high hit combos, did all the wells/secret rooms, and did not die, loot drop 15% runes... not a single red drop. I then played through Helheim, same result (although I died five times). WTF! In my opinion, this game is too stingy with it's red drops. If they dropped more often, I would be less frustrated and more motivated to play more, maybe even try to get 7 piece armors for other classes after I finish my Defender. But knowing how hard it will be for just my Defender, I doubt I will put the same effort again.

BTW, I've only gotten two red runes to drop on ~20 conveyor belt runs (half of which were one man co-op). For the people who have had success, what is your total death count? Mine is over a hundred, and I wonder if that might somehow factor into loot drop probability. :(

I know this sounds silly, but maybe the game won't give them during 1 player co-op, because the dev doesn't want it played that way? Is it confirmed you can get them this way?

EDIT: Please Ignore this whole post :D :lol :D

Zertez

Stantron said:

The games drop system seems very streaky at times. I will go a couple days without seeing a red drop and then see 5 in one day. Drops seem worse the more gear you get as well. You will see reds and nothing you can use. I hope for TH2, they have a better trade system. A main lobby to trade with 20 people would be nice, or at least more then 2.

Zertez said:
The games drop system seems very streaky at times..

that happens in statistics all the time. The drop percentage just seems so damn low, I'd really like to see some hard numbers because my anecdotal evidence is useless without more samples

Stantron

MWS Natural said:
Anyone know if you add a rune to a piece or armor with a Mastery skill does it give you that skill even if you don't have it?
Hey, you might be onto something. I'm gonna try this out, though I doubt it. I kinda wish they would be more descriptive with what a particular Mastery actually does, and which class it's for. How hard would it be to include a short description in the rune box?

FrankT

zvegjn.jpg

Achievement unlocked. 7/7 Epic Cybernetic Berserker set at nearly 140 hours in. :D

VaLiancY

Just ask around for parts you need, I'm sure someone here has something you want.

I got the epic staff for the Human Champion set, Anyone got a Human beserker piece willing to trade?

FrankT

mh56 said:
and it takes apparentely 140 hours to get it?>_<

Could take less as some from other forums have stated they have done it in a little over a 100. The best way I would recommend would be +15 to loot the entire farming session and Grendel runs. When I say Grendel runs I mean skipping the challenge areas and heading straight to his room. There are certain rooms you can skip altogether as well like the first and third for example.

FrankT

I cannot recall if any of the pieces dropped before 50., but don't think so. I would say probably yea, 50 for the most part. If you're doing these runs you are going to level quickly anyhow.

Chrange

Banned
I can shoot holes in the 'reds won't drop if you're in a party with a sub 50' thing after tonight. Partied up with a level 41 Commando for Helheim with my 50 and hauled him through it. By the end he was 43 and actually contributing...then got a red rifle off Hel. I got some oranges.

bathala

Banned
well finally finish the game. Denis shouldn't be comparing the trilogy setup to LotR movie.
it is no where near that calibur. the story picked up halfway, and if the main villain (final boss) for part 1
is Hel
shouldn't that person be more fleshed out than
Loki
it felt like a half-full movie.
returning it to GF

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
PepsimanVsJoe said:
I didn't even use finishers on Hod, I just slid and rolled until he died a shitty death. Really easy boss once you know the deal.

I killed him with my Commando by just walking up to him and putting the tip of my cannon under his chin and circled around him. It was freakin hilarious. He was dead quite fast.

FrankT

I've gotten plenty of reds before 50 it is the set pieces I'm not sure about. Co-Op also throws a loop in that if you have 50 and a non 50, no idea.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
bathala said:
well finally finish the game. Denis shouldn't be comparing the trilogy setup to LotR movie.
it is no where near that calibur. the story picked up halfway, and if the main villain (final boss) for part 1
is Hel
shouldn't that person be more fleshed out than
Loki
it felt like a half-full movie.
returning it to GF

Whilst it doesn't excuse the paucity of the story you really need to be familiar with Norse mythology to get the most out of the game.

Question: Do Epic colour runes exist? Because I think I bought one seeing as it cost 100,000 credits as opposed to 100 credits for every colour that I've seen.

MrDaravon

Chrange said:
I can shoot holes in the 'reds won't drop if you're in a party with a sub 50' thing after tonight. Partied up with a level 41 Commando for Helheim with my 50 and hauled him through it. By the end he was 43 and actually contributing...then got a red rifle off Hel. I got some oranges.

You can get orange and red 50s before level 50, but I think you just can't get your 'epic set' before level 50.

Jtyettis said:
zvegjn.jpg

Achievement unlocked. 7/7 Epic Cybernetic Berserker set at nearly 140 hours in. :D

So um will the human epic set look like the one on the character selection screen? Because that one looks surprisingly ugly.

FrankT

Jeez, my damage has gone insane with the complete set piece bonuses.

Lostconfused said:
So um will the human epic set look like the one on the character selection screen? Because that one looks surprisingly ugly.

No clue what the human set looks like. I like the look personally although I must admit I'm quite jealous of the Defender Epic set. New character get although it maybe a while before I invest fully into a new class.

border

I was out of town for about 5 days, and I'd say I've made a pretty clean break from Too Human. While previously I was pretty focused on getting my Epic gear, hearing that it'd take an additional 70-90 hours really turned me off. I don't think I can bring myself to sink that much time into such a content-starved game. It'd be one thing if there were 8-10 levels to choose from, but slogging through the same handful of areas for several more days of my life is a pretty big turn-off.

If you are currently in the throes of obsession like I was, I'd advise that you take a similarly long break and see if you think it's still worth it in the face of all the games that are coming and all the other things you could be doing in your daily life.

The EGM review nails it when Milkman says "the mediocre high-level loot drops sent me back to my experience-grinding games of choice." I don't mind that red drops are really rare, but the orange drops are just all randomly-generated shit. Everything I find has 1-2 stat bonuses that I don't want at all, and it's difficult to stack all the stats that I do want. They really should have put some time into designing Orange gear for specific purposes, rather than having almost all of it come with some crazy random set of stat bonuses. The leap from Orange to Red is so enormous that I think a lot of people will quit before they clear the canyon. There needs to be an intermediate step to keep you going.

Aptos

border said:
The EGM review nails it when Milkman says "the mediocre high-level loot drops sent me back to my experience-grinding games of choice." I don't mind that red drops are really rare, but the orange drops are just all randomly-generated shit. Everything I find has 1-2 stat bonuses that I don't want at all, and it's difficult to stack all the stats that I do want. They really should have put some time into designing Orange gear for specific purposes, rather than having almost all of it come with some crazy random set of stat bonuses. The leap from Orange to Red is so enormous that I think a lot of people will quit before they clear the canyon. There needs to be an intermediate step to keep you going.

I wholeheartedly agree.

After playing for ~30 hours post-50 it feels like a chore. As a bio engineer I hardly ever die (with the exception being when my shield spider decides to blow up randomly) and nothing is challenging; the only thing keeping me going was the prospect of my elite set.

However, I just got my third piece (the helmet, in addition to the chest and gun) and I realized that it gave bonuses to the right branch of the skill tree. This means that to wear my elite helmet, that I invested 30 hours to get, I need to alter my current skill spec to an inferior one.

Too Human forces me to spec a certain way in order to utilize my ONLY elite set. It seems to me like a poor game design decision to suggest a single build so strongly. What if I don't like that build? "Well," says Too Human, "
Fuck you
".

Chrange

Banned
border said:
They really should have put some time into designing Orange gear for specific purposes, rather than having almost all of it come with some crazy random set of stat bonuses.

There are some. The Aesir set in oranges, or the 'of the Skuld' as well. Aesir have top-level armor, one epic rune slotted and three open slots. The 'of the Skuld' seem like it's targeted towards Commandos, so maybe others get a different drop.

I got my berserker up to level 48 playing some random co-op on Hall of Heroes. For some bizarre reason, the two times we fought GRENDL, my co-op partner went goofy and got themselves killed. The second time, GRENDL was so low on health I accidently killed him. Apparently, the loot stinks if you kill a boss in co-op if one of the players dies. Sure enough, the loot stunk. I don't know why the guy just didn't give GRENDL some space to die neat and proper like.

border said:

They have elite set pieces with 4 open slots where you can put in whatever bonuses the cater to your class or style.

mm04

I have almost a full set of Altruists armor and a hammer and each has four empty rune slots. Choose wisely!

border

MWS Natural said:
They have elite set pieces with 4 open slots where you can put in whatever bonuses the cater to your class or style.
I've only seen the 4-slot pieces as the lvl 44 Altruist gear. Haven't run into anything like that for lvl 50.

The bigger problem is that the randomization results in armor pieces that aren't good for anyone. You'll get something with Hybrid Damage, Dual Wield Damage, and Spider Duration.....they hybrid is for commandos, the dual wield is for berserkers and the spider duration is just lol-tastic. It's just a piece of trash filling up your inventory, and even if this game were blessed with some kind of economy, nobody would want to buy it from you.

Stantron

Even worse is armor that fill up rune slots with something like: Hammer slide +4% and Sword Damage +10%.

I really wish they would have put a description box explaining all rune stats in the equip screen. How are people supposed to know what Mastery runes do without looking up a guide? They even put an LB button to turn page feature in the menu, but then decided not to use it. :(

Stantron said:
Even worse is armor that fill up rune slots with something like: Hammer slide +4% and Sword Damage +10%.

I really wish they would have put a description box explaining all rune stats in the equip screen. How are people supposed to know what Mastery runes do without looking up a guide? They even put an LB button to turn page feature in the menu, but then decided not to use it. :(

turn page works for the elite armor, showing the set bonuses

BigAT

I got one piece of armor that had Aggression +105% and Soothing 105%.

Seemingly just cancels itself out and is a waste of too slots.

Top Bottom